It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple wrongly accused of abusing their baby cannot have their children back because it is too late

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The system is so messed up it is just sad. In my state, Massachusetts, DSS had to change their name to the Department of Children and Families because they messed up so much.
They take away alot of children from loving families and in some cases it is just because the authorities don't like the parents. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't still be up posting...it wasn't bad enough one of my daughters died the night after she was born but they never even let my other one come home and then lied on paperwork at the court to vilify us along with saying my daughter who passed away died in the ambulance. It got to the point where I had to tape visits so they wouldn't make up lies about what happened but that didn't stop them from "losing" paperwork. We tried to work with them until the first court date when we found out they really don't give a rats ass about reuniting families.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

That is the fraudulent statutory jurisdiction. The parents need to file a NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF POWER OF ATTORNEY to void all court orders and also file a judicial demand for oaths of office if these actors do not comply.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thebeast87

One reason, just one reason, they act like this is becouse they are a bureaucracy and as such need to justify their budget every year. So the longer they can keep a kid on the hook the more money they spend all the way around. Thats my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Sorry but child welfare is a passion with me.

No offense really, but this is why you should look for another line of work. If you don't know what I am saying just think about it for awhile.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Some here have advocated slowly reintroducing the children back into their natural family. Ok. But how about where the case doesn't warrant instantaneous removal, to use the same cation in regards to the child being traumatized by sudden removal, by letting the parents kept the child and do follow up visits for a few weeks with a non adversarial attitude.

Attention Moderator- I had a few post censured for calling some insane and stupid. However I have seen others do the same name calling in here and worse by suggesting violent act and death against judges and the like.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That is sooo sad all of them have to go through this and for what reason? NONE! These kids should be introduced to there parents, explained to about what happened and then eventually go back home. That must be sooo horrible to go through as a parent. Instead of taking away kids, that shoud be taken away (i.e. Nadya Suleman) they make a "mistake" and cause permanent damage to an enitre family.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

In Canada there is a Dr.Charles Smith. He was used by the Ontario Crown many times as an expert witness(paid by the Crown to offer prejudicial testimony for the purpose of assisting the Crown in convicting people for crimes they did not commit). He is a pathetic pathologist, a paid whore and hit-man for the Crown, and a turd.

If you have some time, google the name, Dr.Charles Smith, and see what you come up with.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

What would a truly enlightened society do, presented with this quandry?

Though it's been over-used, I'd hink this is a case for the concept of 'It Takes a Village'.

The Parents and Children should have offered to them an opportunity to visit as a group, the kids should be gently re-introduced to the bio-parents and siblings. Every civil service type agency should set aside funds to rectify these mistakes, allowing travel vouchers to help defray costs, modest pay-outs to help people get on their feet, low-cost loans just as they do for struggling business start ups, and an agent of repatriation should be assigned to these cases to help facilitate this.

It's win-win. The agency avoids a black-eye, the families get reunited gently, people can make choices, they use a facilitator with professional training to help them. Grief and psychological assistence should be offered free of charge to anyone seeking it.

Essentially, they should be made whole, and a little more to ease their suffering.

It should be easier, rather than harder for a case that is an obvious mistake to get certified for this route, as well. An oversight committee comprised of empathetic and trained former victims, perhaps?

(I'm glad to see people a now posting about the positives and about understanding as opposed to the alarmist type of posts made earlier.)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Yes I've heard of bad doctors. I've even ran into a few. One thing you all seem to forget is the doctor works for you. If you don't feel like you are getting good results you find someone else to go to. If you don't think your child is getting better you find another doctor.

Don't tell me this can't be done because I know it can. I've done it before with 2 of my children. Just because a person is a doctor doesn't mean you should let them brow beat you into taking their word as law.

If you don't like a way a doctor treats you find another one. If you feel the doctor doesn't like you find another one. He is your employee. To many doctors they are the boss and demi Gods we should worship.

You are in charge of your care and members of your family. Fire a doctor you don't like and hire yourself a new one. Just like you would with a plumber or any other hired help. For that is what a doctor is HIRED HELP.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You misunderstood my comment. I am not a child welfare worker. If you read the entire post you would of seen that.

The welfare of children is a very important thing to me. As it should be with all of us.

I'm not a fan of government by no means. Don't even get me going on the social security system. I like old people also.

People set here and bash the department of human resources that deals with children. Have any of you ever thought or wondered just how many children have been saved by those same people you sit and bash?

Do any of you have a better solution to how to handle abused children? Or do we disbanned this branch of government and turn our heads and not see when children really do need help? Do we just get start excepting the fact that more small bodies would end up in trash heaps. In plastic bags in the woods or plastic containers along shore lines.

It is not a perfect system but right now its all we got. If you don't like it fight to make changes in it. If you have a better idea I'm sure you'll find a wide audience ready to listen.

Lets not also forget this is the same system that your own child can call on you if they get mad at you and accuse you of abusing them. Thats usually a teenage thing. Your day care providers can turn you in for bruises on childs legs even though they know your child is learning to roller skate or something. Or you child can say in ear shot of the wrong teacher..my dad is so mad he's going to kill me when I get home..and she turns you in. No wonder its a screwed up system we help make it that way.

For all you know the number of kids they've saved may far out weight the mistakes they make.

I hope you were as passionate about the ranch kids down in Texas taken away also. After all the system was totally wrong there taking all of those children away. Yet I heard so many people that constantly bash the child department of human resources stand up and cheer for them at that time and think it terrible those kids went back to that ranch.

If I could tolerate the horrors social workers see I would consider it a noble and worthy job. At least you might make a difference in this world. How many of us can say what we do at work really makes a difference. If you can save one child from physcial, emotional or sexual abuse you've made that difference.

When you find a better PERFECT system let me know and I'll back you all the way. Until then fix the one you have if you don't like it.

When I say you I'm talking to everyone that reads this not just to the person I'm responding back to.

Thank you.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
UPDATE.16 Feb 2009

DailyMail.co.uk Full Article 16.2.09

Last Wednesday morning, a letter arrived at Mark and Nicky Webster’s house. It was a report of sorts about their five-year-old son, telling them that he was doing well at school, had just learned to ride a bicycle without stabilisers and that he wasn’t fond of sprouts. The timing could hardly have been more poignant. Such newsletters arrive on their doormat sporadically, as do separate ones relating to his older brother and sister. For Mark and Nicky, they are what passes for ‘contact’ with their three eldest children. They always make agonising reading. But last week’s update arrived on the morning the couple received a Court of Appeal judgment that could mean they never see their children again.

Their parental rights, they were informed, have been ‘extinguished’.

‘They are all so keen to draw a line and move on. Well we can’t move on from this. We can’t “move on” from our children.

‘We are fighting for our children to know the truth, to know us and to know each other. Every day we talk about the reality that we might not see them until they’re 18 and they come looking for us.

'One day there might be a knock on the door and our children standing on the doorstep. What will it do to them to learn the truth then?

‘But we’ll welcome them in and we’ll show them all the paperwork and they’ll know we fought every day until we saw them.’

I'm still overwhelmed by the lack of responsibility that the instigators of this tragedy are so keen to sweep under the carpet.

I cannot imagine the trauma this couple must be going through, especially every time they hear the letterbox "flap" and the mail hit the doormat, wondering if they're going to be reading about their lost children again.

The earlier article mentioned a possible case for the European Court but with all the officials involved in this case saying there's nothing that can be done I wonder how much of a fight they'll have in proceeding.

This still sickens me and I hope that despite "lessons learned" and "moving on", that this couple can once more become a proper family. I also wonder what all the adoptive parents must be feeling right now. They haven't really done anything wrong, but they must be questioning their situation right now.

Sad, so sad............. I hate Judges...............

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join