It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplets could be costly for taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Octuplets could be costly for taxpayers

www.latimes.com

If Suleman's disabled children received the maximum payment, she would get nearly $2,900 a month in state and federal assistance, including the food stamps.

She said she has $50,000 in student loans that she will eventually have to repay.

Her workers' compensation file, obtained by The Times, indicates that a doctor hired by the state to evaluate her believes she is now eligible for permanent disability.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This article itemizes exactly what this is going to cost you and me so that this demented woman can have 14 children?

Nadya Suleman is the ultimate Welfare Queen, and she is deluded enough to think the American public should applaud her "lifestyle" choices. Not only that we should reward her with a house and a TV program. Why not she had a litter and she had her face changed to look like Angelina.

Initially I was slightly shocked by her outrageous behavior but I am actually nauseated at this point.

This woman belongs in a mental facility and her actions are criminal, both to her family including the 14 innocent kids and society at large.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
leave the crazy woman alone, we pay taxes on virtually every impovrished group of people. people have 10+ kids all the time but because the media sensationalizes the story (like a pretty white girl being murdered) every one falls for hook line and sinker.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
seriously... who cares

do not let the msm win and make you focus even 1% on this.

focus on the bailouts and stimulus packages

this woman is not even .001% as bad for your pockets or your kids compared to what these politicans are doing.

this is nothing more and nothing less than a distraction.

so the media is honest and critical of this woman who might pick your pockets just a little, when they make the real elected officials who are just a bunch of mobsters steal trillions from you..... riigghtttt

This is a distraction!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

my point exactly. the msm trys to distract the american people from the true evil and real stories in the world and it works!!! there is so much going on in the world and all people can worry about is some bs story like bradgelina or britney spears or some pretty white girl being murdered and the media plays it out for months and months even years. look at jon benete that crap happens every day but its just a distraction, and the people it up like candy

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Stop posting these threads! LOl
I cant stay away from them and they piss me off

From that article:

"I'm not living off any taxpayer money," she said. "If I am, if it's food stamps, it's a temporary resource. And I was so reluctant. I very much so look forward to the day when I am not getting any kind of help with food stamps, which I believe will end when I graduate in about a year or year and a half."

She cant even get her facts straight!! She is a pathological liar. First she isn't taking welfare, now she says she might be

Oh and this bit

Suleman also said she hopes that two of her children will soon no longer be disabled.

Huh? Can someone tell me what "disability" gets cured in a short amount of time? Does that even make sense?? Was some miraculous cure found for whatever disability they have?

[edit on 2/11/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
who cares!!!!!! there are so many other world changing events going on right now to worry about some idiot the msm sensatinalizes

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11

my point exactly. the msm trys to distract the american people from the true evil and real stories in the world and it works!!! there is so much going on in the world and all people can worry about is some bs story like bradgelina or britney spears or some pretty white girl being murdered and the media plays it out for months and months even years. look at jon benete that crap happens every day but its just a distraction, and the people it up like candy

If you cant see the importance of this story, than I don't know what to tell you.

This is actually a very important story.

1. It involves doctors who may or may not even be allowed to perform these types of procedures. There is a huge investigation into the doctor now. This is a serious problem for those out there needed real care.

2. It involves tax payer money covering an irresponsible unbalanced woman. Money that comes from say a stimulus package or money coming from hard working Americans who are responsible with their lives.

3. It involves innocent children who are part of our future. Their health and well being is at stake and its normal for people to be concerned for them.

If you dont like the topic, dont post on it. But to some, we see why this is an important topic.

BTW this is not a distraction to many. Believe it or not, many of us can have concern over MANY differnet topics at once

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

who cares!!!!!! there are so many other world changing events going on right now to worry about some idiot the msm sensatinalizes

You must care, because you keep reading about this. Go read and post on the important threads that you deeply care about and let us post on the threads we want.

Please go troll somewhere else. Us adults are busy talking about this. LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My head will soon explode from this.

"Hopes that 2 of her kids will not be disabled soon"? WTF??? Is this woman completely insane?

I thought she was the only one in the family with a "temporary disablilty"?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

If you cant see the importance of this story, than I don't know what to tell you.

This is actually a very important story.

2. It involves tax payer money covering an irresponsible unbalanced woman. Money that comes from say a stimulus package or money coming from hard working Americans who are responsible with their lives.

3. It involves innocent children who are part of our future. Their health and well being is at stake and its normal for people to be concerned for them.

If you dont like the topic, dont post on it. But to some, we see why this is an important topic.

1.all irresponsible and unbalnced people are taken care of by tax payer money

2. billions of innocent childeren are subjected to unhealthy bad conditions every second of everyday

im just trying to say this is a grain of sand on a polluted beach. im not saying this situation is a good thing

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

1.all irresponsible and unbalnced people are taken care of by tax payer money

2. billions of innocent childeren are subjected to unhealthy bad conditions every second of everyday

Yep Yep. Everything needs an overhaul and I will protest all of that too.

But this story shows us in a big picture kind of way why the entire government needs an overhaul and we must not allow this crap to go on. It is good its a big story - then all those who live in the dark will see what a complete joke our welfare system is and those who oversee it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You make a really valid point here. This woman is a prime example of the pork that the stimulus bill will be covering while the country's economy is falling apart. Her and her litter of 14 will cost all of us in excess of 20 million over the next 20 years. But as she says she is just using funds that are there for people in need like her.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

good point. i just don't like to see stories that become a bashfest thats all

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

No offense, but to state the truth, that this story is a distraction is in my opinion very much staying on topic.

It's perspective, you will give your opinion on it, and I will give mine.
Mine is that this is a distraction.

this is not trolling, this is putting everything in perspective

you should be very angry that the msm is focusing on this so much
it's like Dr. Phil on msm

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Maybe we can also move away from the alien discussions and the 9/11 discussions. If you feel it's a distraction from your focus I think you totally have the right not to post or respond to this thread. However it appears your intent at the moment is to distract from the thread you are posting on , which unfortunately would make you a troll.

Having said that I think that the case of Octo-mom has so many aspects that the American community have to address. The situation of intentional welfare queens, do women have the right to choose to have as many children as they want through whatever means they choose ( this is the abortion debate all over again, and why don't you need psychological tests for IVF if you need it to either adopt or foster children.

Though in the case of this thread indeed this woman is a prime example why the welfare aspects of the government policy needs to addressed post haste as part of a sound economic policy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It just amazes me how much one woman can single handily create such a heavy burden on our already defunct social/welfare/disability system. This woman already has three of her first six children on SSI due to their respective handicap. Now if I were a betting man, I would place a wager that at least three of her new eight children have handicaps as well. You do the math! This woman should be imprisoned for her lack of human caring and fiscal irresponsibility. Our tax dollars are going to have to pay for her and her brood? WELL NOW THERE'S A FINE GRASP OF THE OBVIOUS.......

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by drummerroy39

You raise a valid point about her drain on the welfare system, and her disregard for the potential disabilities in her children that she was obviously warned about. She however keeps being enriched by these disabilities. It reminds me of the parents in India who maim their kids so that they can beg for a living.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I agree with you 100% and was actually talking to my girlfriend about just that last night. Sure supporting a lazy mother of octuplets could be costly but it is a drop in the bucket compared to what tax payers will have to pay for these bailouts. Obama's stimulus plan will end up costing every family in the US $10,520!!! Like Modern Academia says this is just a distraction.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Maybe we can also move away from the alien discussions and the 9/11 discussions. If you feel it's a distraction from your focus I think you totally have the right not to post or respond to this thread. However it appears your intent at the moment is to distract from the thread you are posting on , which unfortunately would make you a troll.

You are the only on this thread that won't let that perspective I brought out alone. If you don't keep prolonging it I also wouldn't and i'm sure neither would invisibleman.

Learn to know when to let something go.

carry on

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join