It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Mail, Threats Close 'Offensive' T-Shirt Hell Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hate Mail, Threats Close 'Offensive' T-Shirt Hell Site

www.news.com.au

THE man behind T-shirts emblazoned with slogans including “Arrest black babies before they become criminals” and “Nothing runs like a queer” is shutting shop after on ongoing barrage of hate mail and death threats.

Aaron Landau Schwarz, aka “Sunshine Megatron”, will close his T-Shirt Hell website because he is sick of complaints from “misguided morons” that can’t see the irony of his affronting repertoire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wow, it's the end of an era. Sunshine Megatron is closing his site and the wowsers win again.

Actually, I'm surprised this didn't happen a few years ago. T-Shirt Hell became pretty darned huge pretty darned quickly and has had a pretty good life considering its bread and butter of offensive quips.

Another angle would be that it's all just a huge publicity ploy. Especially after I got an email from them today stating that the business will be open for another week so we can all rush in and buy, buy, buy!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Since I own two print on demand t shirt shops it looks unlikely to me that anyone would stop his/her very lucrative business based on a few hate mails...

(the guy says that he sells 3000 shirts WEEKLY! If that is true, that's 12000 monthly, 144000 per year... let's say that he earns minimum $3 per shirt, it's $432000 a year, not bad for a small t shirt shop)

I do agree that there are some very rude designs on the site, but people obviously like it...

we will see, if they don't close the shop, then it was a publicity ploy

cheers

[edit on 11-2-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I hope they don't.

I've bought loads of t-shirts from that online store and I hope that I'll be able to buy loads more.

I really don't think that he'd give in to the pressure from the 'no sense of humour' brigade.

Shame if it's true and not just a publicity ploy.

Peace,

MGGG

Proud lover of the 'Your little princess is my little whore' Shirt. Finest shirt for meeting in-laws to be!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
well, it seems that this was only a joke and like we said:

a publicity ploy!

www.tshirthell.com...

T-Shirt Hell going out of business? Really? Because of some hate mail? Are you f***ing kidding me?

a good one!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Im glad they arent going anywhere. I havent bought a shirt from there in a long time but I do still have my "School Shooting Tour" T-shirt. I plan on wearing it proudly if I get invited to my high scholl reunoin.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Phew, the first part of the thread gave me a freaking heart attack, but things just brightened up from there! I love that site.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I never heard of this site before. That is hilarious stuff there.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I read on his site that he is not(went there after getting newsletter saying he would close for the same reason) actually closing, and it was just a joke to annoy the people who sent all those hatemail

top topics

join