It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad economy forcing immigrants to reconsider U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Sorry I missed your profession, I AGREE 100% Construction is a skilled labor, what they hire illegals for isn't construction is for "laborers" Gofers, and shoddy construction work being done and passed as professional work because of the lax way some corrupt officials are in passing sub-par work for professional, I still maintain its all part of the same messed up top / down corruption and greed.

the worker ants will always be disposable, regardless of what color they are. because regardless we all are just a tool for them to get what they want. what was that again? ohhh yeh a new boat in case they want to use it someday at the summer home.................

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I will have to finish the discussion tommorow and bid everyone (including illegal immigrants) a goodnight for now, as I do not hate a race but the issues surrounding the legality aspect of it.

I also am late for my new job I was forced into. Unfortunately there's nothing left for a caucasioan, American male except gay prostitution. I feel so dirty but the kids must eat.

Just kidding., but goodnight and farewell.

Maria Stardust,
I apologize for the intensity of my post but it was coming from personal experiences which are still affecting us, so it was from the emotion instead of the rational mind. Again I apologize.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The way I see it, YOU are all illegals, unless you are a Native American!

Seriously, If the US Government was that concerned about illegal immigrants crossing the border from Mexico, then why the hell hasnt it built a wall the full length of the border? Ref: The Berlin Wall.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

I just lolled at your statement that humans are illegal in the USA. How did people get to the USA in the first place?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
The way I see it, YOU are all illegals, unless you are a Native American!

I hate correcting the ignorance of this statement time after time.You can't be an illegal immigrant in a country you are born in. our ancestors may have been immigrants but come here legally accordiing to the standards set by the country.I was born in America, so I'm a NATIVE of this land.So technically I am a NATIVE AMERICAN. So, get off my land.

Seriously, If the US Government was that concerned about illegal immigrants crossing the border from Mexico, then why the hell hasnt it built a wall the full length of the border? Ref: The Berlin Wall.

Just because the government,elected officials, state/federal agencies are benefiting from illegal immigrants being here, It doesn't mean it's beneficial to the rest of the population.

They don't stop the influx and there'sa specific reason why. Common sense would dictate the only reason they do or allow anything is in the name of their GOD .....money and greed.That's why the border will never be secured. All the activity you see regarding the border is nothing more than posturing, trying to appease the majority (who don't want illegals here) into believing that they are actually tring to do something.Just like everything else they do. It's all deception and sooner or later the people will wake up and take a stand.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Lucky America I thought you didn't like these illegals?

Across the United States, tens of thousands of immigrants -- those here legally and illegally -- are facing a similar dilemma:

It's part of the Global anti-Obese stance, get'em off their bums and they will cut their own lawns.

Zelong.

[edit on 11/2/09 by Zelong]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Although there are problems with illegal immigrants, I see this more as a government diversion. They distract you with this issue so that you won't concentrate on the money that they misspend and waste. Money that is no doubt is many many times higher than what people claim illegals cost the US. Furthermore, add in the legislation Congress passes that allow business to outsource jobs overseas in order to avoid paying taxes. I am sure there are many other examples I could point out. Did any of you notice how quick those responsible for allowing 9/11 was forgotten about just because politicians started screaming that we need to remove illegals and secure the Southern border?

If the US truly wanted to solve the illegal immigrant problem, they could do so in a New York minute. They have the necessary resources to do it. However, if they were to do so, they would need to find another way to divert attention from the things they are doing and failing to do.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It would do well to remeber we ARE a nation of immigrants,BUT the past immigrants stoped by a little island called ellis island,and signed in and did the one two dance to be here.There a statue there now i think,mabey we need a island in the rio grande with a statue and sign in place,but i doubt they would have the self respect to sign in.
As for the american indians,which im 50% of,War isnt right but it is history and until land is taken back through war it remain in the hands of the last victor,lets look at the world hmm.Spain for instance defeted the south american indians,and explored some of america,so theres someone else to blame if u must.France explored and defeted many of the southern delta tribes,as well as trade with the friendlier tribes,another scapegoat for u.Eh u can blame teh french for the takeing of inuit land in canada as well probly if u like.
Im not as much a historian as i woudl like, but im pretty sure around teh world u can find land taken by force and still retained,by almost all nation currently on the earth.
THE fact remains, Imigartion is ok, but illigal imigration isnt.
you ned to sign in and be counted,You need to perticipate in the socity you live in,not live like a ghost.You need to BECOME a American period.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
i would, but most of the jobs in my area are in fact getting worked by illegals working for 5 bucks an hour. i was actualy told by an employer that they only liked to hire hispanics?!?!!? an i have 4 yrs. experience in the feild. but then again theres no americans like me despratly looking for work, well just leave that to the mexicans that do for next to nothing. ie SLAVE LABOR

I was bidding on a job and the homeowner had the gas to threaten my price which was already low by saying he could get Mexican to do it cheaper.

I held my temper and explained to him that much of that money is sent home where it is worth as much as 25$ an hour when converted and applied maybe more. He didn't realize that and suddenly understood what was really going on as we spoke.

I talked with a guy from Africa working in a pizza shop making dough for 5 cash an hour. He told me that he could work in this country for several years and go home and live like a king for many years. He said 50k us when converted is worth about 500,000 and 500,000 is with much more than that in real buying power.

Like 1 dollar is worth 8 peso but 1 peso can have the buying power of 10 US.

I lived in the Philippines for a short. 1$ got 8 peso. Well you could buy a case of good beer, a case! for 2.5 pesos. 12cents!

This crap about the guy asking his family to forgive him is just a lie! They probably lived well down there while he worked up here.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There was a mass movement of manufacturing from North America to overseas that started in the 90s and picked up speed in the last decade.

Little recognized, people with decent wages in factories scrambled to do whatever they could in one industry towns. Delivering pizzas, selling door to door, working as couriers, etc.

Cheaper manufactured good from places like China meant a good 203% savings on a lot of stuff, and people loaded up on a lot of junk they normally wouldn't have bought.

The 20th Century economic base of the US was manufacturing. This has been eroded and is unlikely ever to return to the scale it was.

Inflexibility on part the unions is partly to blame. They made it difficult sometimes impossible for a company to even break even.

An assertive effort to recapture some of what has lost would be a good start. A manufacturer, say, could negotiate some base wage with a profit-sharing incentive to bring back production to a region maybe even in dormant factories where there is still the equipment and experience workers around.

This is the kind of thing local politicians should be thinking about.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
mmiichael

OK - get ready for conspiracy.

I actually believe there is an organized effort to equalize the world's economy. By raising the economy of 3rd world countries and lowering the economy of more developed countries. That would fall into One World Government NWO.

Its easier to rule a level playing field.

If the economy of the US & Mexico are equal - that might change the reason/need to immigrate legally or illegally.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Annee]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

A breath of FRESH AIR ...... History always repeats, you have to have a common enemy to give the people something to hate more than the person doing the actual stealing, and politicians have this down to a science!!

Just do the math, assuming the number is correct (20 million illegals) 1TRILLION deficiency HELLO guys and gals ..... the illegals are not the problem ......

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Immigrants or Illegal Aliens? I'm an immigrant and I intend to suffer it along with every other American. Because there is no other place on Earth I'd rather be, in good or bad times.

Illegals don't give a damn about America. They just want the money, and the free services they suck out of every one of us. Good riddance.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by jam321

A breath of FRESH AIR ...... History always repeats, you have to have a common enemy to give the people something to hate more than the person doing the actual stealing, and politicians have this down to a science!!

Just do the math, assuming the number is correct (20 million illegals) 1TRILLION deficiency HELLO guys and gals ..... the illegals are not the problem ......

I do agree with the point you're making and am not naive or blind to the fact. I know the only reason illegal immigration even exists is because they found a way to make money off of it. I still disagree that illegal immigration isn't a problem.

It has nothing to do with race but everything to do with the legality and manipulation of the laws. It's a double standard and these people have more rights than I do as an American born citizen.It's not just money but changing the entire way and quality I have to live and provide for my family.

Many of these people aren't just coming here for work but are fleeing from some crime they perpetrated. many are gang members and low lifes. Also many are decent hard working, loving people. I shouldn't have to worrry about an extra 20 million plus potential risks to the life of my wife and children. This makes people also prejudge based on race which isn't beneficial to anybody.

i don't see what's so hard about at least trying to follow the laws and regulations EVERYONE else is. You are showing that you have no respect or regard for our way of life from the start. This is why we have no sympathy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hello all, just would like to remind you that 90% of everyone in this thread wouldn't be here if not for illegal immigration.

thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Those who think that those of us who are against illegal immigration are racists should take me as an example of how stupid an idea that is. I am a SPANISH speaking immigrant here legally, and I will tell you right now, that if I can do it legally, so can they. It took my family and I 10 years to get here. But we're here, and we aren't going ANYWHERE.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That argument is BS at this point. We have an established government with established regulations and many Americans have been here for many generations. That is no excuse to break the law and is a very poor rationalization.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Very excellent contribution and a perfect example. It's a pleasure to have you here and I have much respect for the trials and determination you and your loved ones have endured and underwent to come here. God Bless and welcome home.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Thank you. I have a brother serving in Iraq, not yet a citizen. I am a very vocal dissident and have been so most of my conscience life. I've been in the US for 20 years under political asylum(and it still took 10 years for my parents to get that status) We sacrifice to be here and GLADLY. This whole idea that the US doesn't care about the plight of immigrants because Americans don't want illegals is ridiculous. America welcomes people from all over with open arms. And in some cases, even offers asylum to illegals depending on their circumstances.

Hell, they even gave student visas to 3 of the 9/11 hijackers AFTER the attack. I realize that only implies a ridiculous lack of immigration oversight, but the point is, America is not a closed society. And to accuse Americans of racism for wanting our laws respected in asinine at best.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
That argument is BS at this point. We have an established government with established regulations and many Americans have been here for many generations. That is no excuse to break the law and is a very poor rationalization.

It may be BS to you, but it's not for the rest of the world.
So try to understand a situation before brining your opinion into it.

If an entire society was killed, murdered, raped and then the rest of them sent to 'reservations' and the colonists and their offsprings live life in joy, but hate the people who came here illegally yet so much more peacefully than your grandfathers is inexcusable.

Again your schools and businesses and inventions that you created later on (or rather stole from aisan countries but then made it seem like your own) doesn't make you the official inhabitants despite what your opinions may be.

Last time I gave this speech on ATS the response was something like:
"Oh dear god, how can you just sit there and insult me with historical fact?"

hahaha, LOL

And colonialism hasn't changed despite how long it may have been.
Look at the dude above me, proud that his brother is part of the imperial army that illegally invaded Iraq. You went in the same way, just with more sophisticated means. The same invasion where better americans than you oppose.

So how can we not still speak of the past?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join