It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Wow that great - I know a lot of Welsh people went to the States around that time including some of my family (Ive got a great story about that but its not for this thread as it will go WAYYY off topic) Do you know where exactly?

Anyway it seems Shadow chose to leave my advice so I will say no more on the matter except that his is the perfect example of how NOT to contribute to threads!

Anyway lets see if this thread can move forward now!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is hilarious!!!
Thanks for the support.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Star and a flag sorry for hijacking

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Breaker

Yes he did! Look guys this man is not as uneducated as you may think (ok his approach isnt the greatest by any means) and yes our accents are a bit unique to say the least. We are Celtic and we are very proud

Anyway this is goin off topic again Sorry OP and sorry mods

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
He's gone off and started his own thread about the same thing: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a kid. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

To be fair I think he started that one before jumping on to this one - anyway no replies even though I linked it earlier - just goes to show that if you insult people they wont listen to what you have to say

Anyway lets get back on track shall we people?! There is certainly a feeling of dread and fear which is worldwide There are also people who feel the opposite and I think this brings balance to our society However I fear the dread and fear have outweighed the positive and we need to redress the balance NOW!!

Once again, think positively people!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

Back on topic please

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I had one of those "could do nothing wrong" days. Don't start these mass psychosis threads, as they tend to be self fulfilling prophecies.

As we say here where I live: "it's the people's talk that makes the food scarce".

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I dont have a sense of doom about the 10th or any date for that matter. But a sense of doom for "something" on the horizon? you betcha!

We, the human race, are about to be plunged into a time of trouble of Biblical proportions.
How do I know?

Very simply, two times in the past, when the "money" has gone sour, for want of a better word, things have turned real nasty. Both world wars came about not too long after the crashes, and guess what? crash number three is here.

Sure as in times past the Govt will throw vast sums of money at the problem in the vain attempt that things will sort themselves out. They also did this twice in the past, to no avail. Mass unemployment, mass misery and pretty much an angry hungry populace = WAR!

Make no mistake, we ARE heading towards another world war.

Overwhelming sense of doom? Well the age old saying "follow the money" rings true in every sense of the word. When the money gets affected we ALL get effected, and when you read headlines like "Global situation worse than the 1930s" be worried, be very VERY worried.

Why?

War doesn't come about by accident. The end result of said war? A New World Order out of the chaos ....

This is the goal of the elite. Nothing more.

Look at the first world war and what resulted thereafter ....
Look at the second war war and what resulted thereafter ....

United Nations was only a stepping stone - the next phase of the plan is a united world ....

Well lets just say the world will be primed and ready for "him" and will gladly accept "him" with open arms. Our "savior" to finally rid the world of all its woes.

When the woes are really just beginning ....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

.o0O(..nope, he started it 13 minutes after his O Cry post on this thread..)

*tiptoes out of the room*

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I can't help but feel something ominous hanging over my head today. I'm sorry I can't name anything specific. The only thing I can say is that I keep hearing what sounds like hundreds or thousands of people screaming. I just keep associating Tuesday,Feb. 10th with something bad every time I see it. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way today, and if they could help sort through this anxiety.

Something wicked this way comes

You are on track, dont doubt what you feel. It does not happen today but it is the beginning. It will not happen for a few years. There are some here on this site that know me and know I am in the middle of it.

Today is the Alpha...the Omega is coming all to soon. The illuminated one is rising. I am not sure how it will end, all I know is where my path is going. Odin and his minions stalk me. I may seem a bit crazy saying this. I wish I was. I keep trying to outwit the ole one eyed bastard but he keeps one step ahead.

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi, i would say, take a break from the Internet and Television , try and go to your local swimming pool center and do afew laps, if not take your dog for a walk, if you dont have a dog, then phone a friend up and take a cool walk and play some baseball or football.

In other words you have spent too much time on-line.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That is very sad.
I care about all suffering
not only the USA.

I always thought that Austraila would be a really nice place to live.
I hope that all whom suffered loss recovers well.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I woke up feeling absolutely horrible today, physically, mentally, emotionally, i feel like i'm being squished

good to know i'm not alone lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
One of the best gifts you can give yourself -
Is to become - comfortable with being uncomfortable.
It sounds ridiculous - but it is an actual place.

There are numerous reasons why you feel doom at this time on the planet.
It's normal.

We are overstimulated and informed with both true and untrue info.
So not only are we overstimulated but we have an ongoing job of deciphering the validity of the information.

If you can stay in the experience of the present - you will feel like you are experiencing life instead of trying to understand it. The uncomfortableness of the day will turn into being comfortable with being uncomfortable.

"Not knowing" what is next can be an enjoyable and valuable experience.
Take some big deep breaths and realize that no matter what happens -
it is how you see it that makes the experience what it is.
Try to have fun with it.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yeah, i feel it, it's called losing $10,000 in 1 hour after the pork bill passed.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No feeling of Doom here.
However, this week has been extraordinarily crappy for a number of my friends and myself. A death occurred in my extended family on the same day my close friend's grandmother passed. I spent all week house sitting and dog sitting in a small nowhere town in upstate NY where my cell gets no service and the phones and internet keep cutting out. I watched more History and Discovery channel then I ever have before. I put together a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle from scratch all day.

A boring, sad, crappy week. But doom and gloom? Not so much.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

So sorry for your loss.
I hope things get better for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I appreciate the sentiments but I don't want to derail the thread. While my week may have been a week to forget, I don't feel an ounce of dread about today specifically.

Of course maybe I've been conditioned to not feel any true doom and gloom by watching the news about lost jobs and disagreement over the federal stimulus plan, as well as the thread here about that dude that is documenting his last 30 days alive. Disheartening stuff. If it isn't the events of the day causing such negative feelings, it may very well be the way people are reacting to stuff.

Bring on the weekend!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
wow, i had a weird feeling of dread today... just a little while ago i told someone my concern about today, since ive heard stuff about the earths magnetic field, the dissapearance of the northern lights, the extreme cold happening, animals acting strange/erratically, the low sun activity situation... and a pile of other bad or strange stuff.

Today was a weird day. Got that feeling; somethings gonna happen soon. Or maybe it happened already... today?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join