Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have to say that my anxiety is growing. I just feel sick and my head is now pounding. I went to check my BP and it's considerably higher than usual. I wish I knew what was causing this, it's starting to scare me now. I really hope it's world affairs that I'm sensing and not something new. Does that make sense?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's not hard to tell, there are some tough times heading this way for many, however I am feeling very optimistic and I will be able to turn it into a positive situation for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I have to say that my anxiety is growing. I just feel sick and my head is now pounding. I went to check my BP and it's considerably higher than usual. I wish I knew what was causing this, it's starting to scare me now. I really hope it's world affairs that I'm sensing and not something new. Does that make sense?

Is it possible that you have a cold or the flu or something? I don't mean to sound stupid by bringing up something so simple, but maybe you are just getting sick. It is entirely possible that you are making yourself sick over the whole thing by continuing to dwell on it and convincing yourself that it indicative of some pending disaster. Maybe you should just take some Advil and a nap. If you feel fine tomorrow and no disasters happen what do you reckon your thoughts will be? I'm curious. I too feel like crap today, but I know for certain my girlfriend gave me her cold.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

That's not stupid at all. Time will tell.
I would love to take a nap, but I still have an hour left at work.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Being "at work" does not stop me from taking a nap.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Breaker

You just rant and rant and rant like you know everything. Have you been to Iraq, I have. How many muslim countries have you really been to. I have been to four and not always in uniform. I have been called a baby killer and murder in America but never in The UAE or The Kingdom of Bahrain. They love America there. Sadam killed more innocent people than operation Iraqi freedom did 3 times over maybe we are wearing out our welcom there but if they don't have a trained army another dictator will set him self right up and they will go back to killing women in the streets in the name of islam and plotting to kill western society.

As for Japan we did rebuild it and less people died in the two atomic blats than in most land battles in the pacific. It is regretable that it had to happen but it saved lives. How many people do you think would have died if Japan would have had to be invaded. Then the part you left out is Japan was rebuilt and their government restored pretty much the way it was before the war except a few amendments about not being able to fight in a war unless attacked. That is why Japan refused to help with the war on terror the amendments we had the put in provent them from doing it. They are a world leader and a great ally to any peacefull nation.

Mostly Europeans and Austrailians hate America in my experiance the only people in Asia that really hate us are the ones in the middle east that want to kill us and crash planes into stuff. If it was not for the bail out America Gave Europe in WW2 they would be speaking German right now and should be a little kinder when we restore order to places that despratly need it.

No where near 50% of voting age people in America voted for Bush because most don't vote. The reason Obama got elected was because he made people think they could be part of history for electing the first black guy and most Americans were stupid enough to by in.

Limited Democracy protects rights though it limits choice. We still have more rights than most European countries because if you say want to get rid of hand guns you cant because a popular vote is not enough to do it. You need way more than 50% to take away things like habius corpus or freedom of the press here and that protects us. I would rather have someone in office that the rest of the world did not agree with than loose alot of my guaranteed rights.

About the sufering in Africa and the Middle East I don't pretend to let that bother more than the suffering in my country because it does not. Maybe America should clean house before giving anymore foreign aid then we would see how bad these places really got.

As for the suffering in Africa the problem is people just send over food and drugs so they can feel good about themselfs. Christians teach them to read so they can understand the bible and feed them so they will pay attention. You want my World Wide Ecconomic Fix plan.

Contract companies to buid wells, irrigation, grain holding places and other infastructer. College internships that pay for anyone willing to go help and good pay for contractors. The Africans will be able to feed and protect themselfs the ecconomy will be fixed poverty over everyone can then leave them alone and mind their own buisness with several problems solved at once.

Sorry about the rant and if I came on too strong sorry I just want to let you know there are 2 sides to your opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Well either way I hope for all of our sake that you are wrong. At the very least I hope you start feeling better soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes, only father time can tell us. The world is headed into dark times. But that's what we thought before all of the other financial crisises. Personally, I'm in a super good mood since I asked out a girl and she said yes! Goodbye being single....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

When times are tough people tend to think of the worse when they really should be thinking of positive things but watching out for anything that is unusual..We make our own minds wonder into the negative zone.Just think of what could happen if we focused on the positive..Today and everyday is a Great opportunity to be alive!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You probably picked up on how bad the markets would be today,as well as another robbery..er..bailout occurred.

The full moon can cause headaches and many people develop headaches a day or two before a big earthquake.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

Hope for the best, prepare for worst.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If it helps we ran a bird flu pandemic exercise yesterday for the Health Department 's state server team (which was the 10th Feb in South Australia, Australia). Scenario was 35% of the population of the state was infected.

My team and I were secluded in an isolated location to see how we would be prepared in the real thing.

Fictional doom I know, but maybe you could hear the fictional screaming of people rioting in the streets

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by celebrity harrasement

This troll has no relevancy to this thread what so ever. I am afraid you are posting in the wrong place dude.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey isn't the 10th February...When it is Full MOON again, Go figure.
There is such a thing as lunacy

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
oh crap , its yet ANOTHER ` something bad is going to happen today ..........i feel it ` post

i do mean to be rude when i say this , so tough

but so fooking what ? they are coming in so thick and fast its soon going to be at least one doom prediction every day

it isnt rocket science to realise that bad things do happen from time to time - but with people posting ` doom today ` threads EVERY DAY people just switch off to it

remember the boy who cried wolf ?

not a directly valid analogy , but worth bearing in mind

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It is a heavy day Astrologically. Yesteday's Full Moon was a Lunar Eclipse. My 8 yr old daughter was super sensitive this morning and had a tearful meltdown because she thought she was being interrupted. I am a "sensitive", and I felt this psychic pressure that seemed to sap me of energy and dulled my usual busy thought activity.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I feel like fear mongering threads based off someone's feelings should not be permitted any longer on this forum. There are some people on ATS that are not that well equipped and take them seriously. They also seem to be a way to rack up easy ATS points...

Well it's 12 31 am at least where I am right now.....February the 11th..at least you got some ATS points!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I can't help but feel something ominous hanging over my head today. I'm sorry I can't name anything specific. The only thing I can say is that I keep hearing what sounds like hundreds or thousands of people screaming. I just keep associating Tuesday,Feb. 10th with something bad every time I see it. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way today, and if they could help sort through this anxiety.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by sickofitall2012]

I saw that Texas Massacre at reasturant back 10, 15 years ago, a couple days before it happened, had no clue till saw on news, was exact same as the dream I had. Don't know why I could see that one?

But about the screams when I was in prison, I had all kinds of weird things happen. One was when got by bars of main gate, freedom other side, I could hear all these people screaming and moaning.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hi Chad,

I am mourning the people, and the animals, and the fabulous Australian bush - who have all died.

And I cannot believe that the police keep finding arsonists who did this, or some of it - they are evil, they are murderers.

I, here in NZ, am grieving with you.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't think anybody else mentioned this but check out the numbers for the stock market today.

2/10/09 Stock Market

The stock market fell more the 4.6% today on massive disappointment in Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s revamped plan to aid troubled banks. Geithner promised up to $2 trillion dollars to help free up credit, but provided few details. Many market participants took the lack of details to indicate that the government doesn’t know how to deal with the crisis.

Concerns over the Treasury plan even overshadowed the passage in the Senate of the Democrats $838 billion economic stimulus plan. The Senate must now work with the House to reconcile their plan with the House’s $819 billion plan.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by 12.21.12]

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join