It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Breaker

Without being in a situation like that I don't know what I'd do.

I don't think anyone does.

You're still missing the point about the 700+ homes lost.
That's a lot of people who have lost everything.

Anyway this is going way off topic and I apologise to the OP.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Maybe I'm crazy but I felt a little something too when I woke.

Just uneasyness, specifically about the whole Economic situation.....I'm worried about a possible dollar collapse...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by modusoperandi

Well put!!
That is why I turned to you guys for some positive reinforcement. I am not a "doom monger" as one wrote. I usually am very positive. I just felt this the moment I woke up today, and I can't shed the feeling.

Thanks to all of those that are trying to help and not adding hate to this thread, I really appreciate it!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

Lol ii sure do like to rant, that post was more an ad call for people with similar interests , i am not some crazy 60 yr old army reject, Im a normal 20 year old, i smoke alot of things, I dirnk I go to the beach and lead a damn good life.

But yes I do like to rant.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks, I completely understand. What a horrible thing. I can't even begin to imagine how horrific burning alive would be. Perhaps part of my anxiety is coming from that.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Agreed!! Sometimes I just cant fathom why some people have to launch an offensive on people just for asking a question or stating an opinion. I mean in this case the OP stated how they FELT!! How someone can berate that is beyond me but there ya go!

IMO we will see some dark times up ahead but I believe that the light will shine through and we will see better times than we have ever known before! Doombringers can get you down but we need to take what they say on board (even if with a little pinch of salt) as I think we need a balance of doom and hope to keep us in sync so to speak. Ying & Yang I guess!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Thats ok it wasnt a personal dig at you. As I said I think you have the basis of a good thread there - especially as you asked people to come forward as humans first and not Aussies (or Americans or English or even Welsh) I'll keep an eye on that one!

May I ask what you see coming up for us in the future?

PS Im a 'normal' 28yr old who likes a smoke, a drink, the beach and the odd rant now and again and also live a good life (which got back on track just over 1yr ago) so to have a dig at you would be like hurting a buddy and a bit hypocritical of me!

I will make one point though if you will forgive me - You did ask for people to come forward as humans etc as (Im assuming) you feel nationality does not define a person Yet you berate Americans as if they are not human I admit you did attribute it to their government but this is a global issue and not just because of Americans and the American system. If we are all human then we're all on the same boat and need to work together!

[edit on 10/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Listen I lived in Israel until i was 15, everyday the disasters and burnings that took place were with no notice and caused by idiot muslims and idiot jews, fuelled by idiot christains, so 700+ without homes is bad yes, but unlike place liike israel and iraq, most of these people have the resources to start over, they can simply rebuild, And i said earlier that those who lost theiir lives first were tragic yes, but those who stayed on after all the warnings??? MOTHER NATURE IS NOT A ARMY YOU CAN DEFEAT, even if the fire was deliberate, thousands of trees burning is not something you can fight.

Those that lost their lives will recieve no sympathy from people outside of the west, simply because it is about time, you begin to see the world for what it is, PEOPLE DIE, constantly, friends, family. And I can guarantee being killed by a bushfire is alot better then being killed by bullets and suicide bombings,which we knewi that at anytime could be stopped by other nations, but they choose not to simply because the leaders on whichever side finance them or give them particular resources/favours.

Yes those farmer died, BOOHOO, go to Baghdad, see how the place where the first civilizations on earth formed is now reduced to rubble, where history began are now flags of america and they're soilders threatening to shoot children who throw rocks at their tanks.See what is really happening in the world and how your media covers iit up and spins it so that the west are the heroes and tell me some dumb hicks dying is so bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
predicting doom is easy because there is so much of it. like pointing at the ocean and saying that spot is wet. lets see some positive predictions.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
To the above poster,

maybe, consider that in America, we don't like the wars, either of them.

so, bash President Bush, but don't bash all of us.

If we had our way, we wouldn't be in any wars and we would be on a gold standard.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I had this feeling yesterday, a total feeling of dread and depression. I had no idea why I felt this way as nothing "bad" has happened in my little sphere of existance. I realize there are bad things happening all over the globe almost everyday, but I like most have become deanesthetized to all the gloom and doooooom. Today is better, maybe I just had a low serotonin release kind of day yesterday.

BREWSE

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

what you said is a very good point, but I am not perfect, I know my hatred towards the US is not particularly humane of me, but I believe them to be the major problem in the seperation of humanity, Im not saying they need to be eliminated or anything that harsh, I just feel that theyre citizens are so ignorant, unless yuo put something as harsh and bluntly as possible they wont even take notice, besides you gotta be angry at something, its only human.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you hate everyone? I think you do, that's ok, but if you want people to listen to what you're saying, calling them names ain't the way to do it.

Now, you must have missed it earlier on because I actually agreed with (some of) what you're saying.

There are tragedies occurring all over the world every day, there's nothing I can do about it is there?

So if me showing a little more compassion towards something that is close to me makes you angry, then I apologise but it's not going to make me feel more sorry for anyone else...as they say If you can't help yourself, how can you help others?

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have had a feeling of impending doom ever since Ron Paul described what was going to happen to our econemy. I keep waiting for the big boom to happen my self.

Instead of creating ym own thread for this i will tie it into the op's question because is does kind of relate.

Normally i do not dream anymore but last night i had a dream i can remember clearly. I was at my parents house who live baout an hour away. My whole family and i along with some people i did not recognize were held up in our house. Power had been cut off and candles were lite. We had a battery powered short wave radio but no news stations or news was being played on stations. The windows of the house were bored up and through our windows between the spaces you could occasinally see groups of people running through our yard. Black smoke filled the air so much that it was blocking out the sun. Suddenly while i was looking out the window fire started falling from the sky. At first i thought it was something cosmic but soon figured out they were exsplosives. More people were running from where the missles and bombs were falling from. I asked my father if we should follow them he said no we needed to stay inside. People started running up and banging on our doors begging us to come in. people behind them were shot eeing this they got scared and ran off. I opened the front door to look outside and saw one of my nieghbors on his front pourch impailed from a flag pole he hangs on his railing. Lines of people were being paraded down the street by soilders. This is all i remember.

I thought it was a crazy dream to have last night because i have not really been on ATS in over a week. Honestly i have not even thought about the doom and gloom because i ended up breaking up with my girl friend last night.

Just thought i would share my dream.

I in no way claim to be clairvoyant or even claim to believe nor have an understanding of visions. Just thought i'd share.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow,

This is really weird. As I was reading this thread the warning alarms started going off here in Louisville, KY. I am sure this is just a coincidence but I have to say that I found it quite creepy.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yes I agree and thats why I did mention the fact that you put it down to the US Government and not the people

"And you uncle sam, THE WHOLE FRIGGIN WORLD HATES YOU, and its not your fault, seriously, its your governments for censoring and changing events in the world as they see fit"

See guys he may not say the most acceptable of things but he does not blame you the people! Although we the people are guilty to a point because we let this get to this point and we're still doing nothing I can talk all day about whats wrong etc but am I really doing anything about it? Posting here and discussing is the limit of my influence!

However it is not just the US people who are guilty of this. Im a Brit and I think we are just as guilty (I cant speak for Australia). I agree with some of the points Shadow makes but I have reasoning behind it (not that he doesnt) Yes the World doesnt see the US as the good guy anymore but this is because they are the most influential country, they are the biggest and a lot of World media centers around there. To make a similarity. Who is probably the biggest soccer club in England and poss the world? Manchester United! Who is the most hated soccer team in England and poss the World? Manchester United! You see where Im coming from?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Breaker

what you said is a very good point, but I am not perfect, I know my hatred towards the US is not particularly humane of me, but I believe them to be the major problem in the seperation of humanity, Im not saying they need to be eliminated or anything that harsh, I just feel that theyre citizens are so ignorant, unless yuo put something as harsh and bluntly as possible they wont even take notice, besides you gotta be angry at something, its only human.

Americans are the reason for the separation of humanity? Historically the Brits are pretty much in the hotseat there, mon ami. Think about your own history. How can you make such a statement and then admit that you hate the entire nation and that they are ignorant? If you're looking for the culprit of your aforementioned separation, look no farther than your own attitude.

Your final comment about being angry about something, that it's only human....huh?! I don't get it. How does that make you definitively human? Perhaps you could try a charitable, compassionate approach at some point in the not-too-distant-future and see what kind of results you get with that.

Clearly a very new soul, this one...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

This is not my prediction, just a sense I have today.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
To the above poster,

maybe, consider that in America, we don't like the wars, either of them.

so, bash President Bush, but don't bash all of us.

If we had our way, we wouldn't be in any wars and we would be on a gold standard.

????????????

i think you have me confused with the guy above me

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Breaker

May I be the first to wish you well, and that the door does not hit you in the ass on the way out. I have lived in this country since the day I was born, and I love it. That is not to say I have not traveled the world, and I know what other people think of us. But I will say still that there is no other place I would rather live, for we are the greatest nation on the planet.

If you hate us and our country so much get the F#$% out of here my friend, because with this attitude you certainly not welcome in MY country. You will probably spout some freedom of speech nonsense, but remember you are only here because we are so kind to allow you. One day we will separate the wheat from the chaff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join