In my town of about 65,000 in So.Calif, we've had...
1. 3 of 8 Starbucks closed.
2. Tony Roma's closed.
3. Lazy Boy furniture closed.
4. 1 of 4 Walgreen's in town closed.
5. 1 sushi place closed, but my favorite one is still open and doing well.
6. Mom's Kitchen, a mom and pop restaurant closed. It served breakfast and lunch, no dinner. They made some fantastic homemade pies.
7. 1 of 3 Coldstone's in town closed.
8. IHOP closed.
9. Some miscellaneous Mexican place closed.
10. A Chrysler dealer closed. The employees came to work on a Monday and found it closed and locked up, with a number on the door for the employee's
to call with any questions.
11. Two Buick dealers closed, one at each end of town.
That's just off the top of my head, i'm sure there's more.
On the plus side...
1. Sonic restaurant opened.
2. LA Fitness opened.
3. Yet another Mexican place opened. That's almost a weekly thing now, it seems, along with one or more closing.
4. Coco's Restaurant and Bakery now serves beer and wine to compete with Chili's and Applebee's in town. It seems to be working.
5. A new pizza place opened. They hired my daughter.