It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Seems pretty interesting. To the OP, if indeed his name is Robert Paulsen, does anybody recognize that name? Fight Club anyone? "His name is Robert Paulsen...His name is Robert Paulsen" So, that probably isn't his real name. Maybe he is a loner in the outside world, but when he blogs, (and especially when he puts that he is going to commit suicide in 30 days) he gets more attention.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dometheus
We are:

1. Born here without choice.

We are not born here without choice. the problem is we just don't remember making the choice to incarnate on this planet. you have a choice in everything... believing you don't is exactly what "they" want.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I personally, do not know of anyone who is happy at this moment. Poor soul, i hope he gets the help.

If you only look down you will only see down.

Why can't people cheer up? Ultimatum my friends. YOU decide how to live your life. Even in a time of "recession", we can still be happy.

Being angry and hating life are two whole different things. I wish for the best of many people out there struggling that they see these differences and with the little they do have - try to live. It is those people with the greatest morales.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Who knows if he is serious or not...I think it's more likely that this is a fun game or an experiment. If it's not then, well, I hope he enjoys dying.

As much as you might want to try to stop someone from committing suicide, I think it is best to allow them to die without hindering their efforts. Of course, this only applies if they are rational.

I'm going to have to give his blog a closer look.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't think it matters if he lives or dies. If he wants to die he should be left to get on with it. I sometimes think that you might as well end it right now, because carrying on living is just prolonging the agony. It's all going to be the same thing year after year until you finally die from old age. What I mean is: You might fall in love, you will be happy/sad, you'll be in pain or not, rich/poor, if you end it right now you are not missing anything. It's just the same old same old. And the best thing is that if you choose to die when you are not quite old you don't have to watch your body rot.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I don't think he's dying of anything. I think he truly believes he doesn't belong here..

Having said that.. I've watched all the videos now and believe this to be a hoax. If you google the site, he shows up in the first 3 links. Its hard to do that, although his site is pretty uniquely named.

I find it entirely possible that some people just don't feel like they are fit for this planet. I don't see this guy as overly depressed, he just seems like he's stumbled across a bigger secret.

I think this is a story this guy is trying to write and he is living it so it is more detailed. It will be on bookshelves everywhere next year.

ETA: It adds to my skepticism that he is doing this online. It would be just as easy to put it on disk or leave it on his computer. I dunno, it seems viral.

[edit on 2/8/09 by SantaClaus]

I have to agree it's a hoax.

1. His facial expressions are off at times, could be a really good liar.

2. The fact that he hasn't been found yet suggests he has and convinced his family and friends it was a hoax. He shows his face on every video clearly, so you can't tell me nobody knows him or what he's doing.

3. It's LA that in itself should be enough to throw up red flags.

I would say he's either witting a book, viral movie ware or he's an actor want to be and plans to use this to get the entire countries attention showing how good he can act and land a job.

The only way I'll believe this particular person is if he offs himself in front of the camera then I might lean towards suicidal.

But none the less we need to find out his real name and location to confirm who is is and what his intentions are. Even if I don't believe it.

Any one in Vegas?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

I think this is incredibly sad if true and it does appear to be legit. I've contacted the suicide crisis center in Los Angeles and given them the web address and the phone number of the hosting company. If they can find out who the guy is, they will attempt an intervention with him.

Anyone know a way to find more out about him? I know that there are some very resourceful people on ATS, which is why I'm posting this on here.

30daystodeath.livejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well done. You may have saved a life. I'm glad there are people like you in the world.
It makes me have a little hope.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Lets start digging.
This thread is really bugging me for some reason.
It would be awesome if we could help him.
It would be equally awesome if we discovered it was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah

What a weak person you must be to commit suicide. I'm trying to find sympathy for this person, whether this is real or not, but I just can't bring myself to it.

I know that I'm gonna be stepping on some feelings with this statement, but if you're going to kill yourself, spare us the poetic part and just get it overwith!

Humans are the only creatures on this planet that willingly kill themselves, and to those that do I have no respect for them. NONE!

Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal.

Talk about a waste!

I wish that a parent that lost a child at birth could trade this pathetic excuse for a person's life with their child's and all would be well.

When a person kills himself, it doesn't just "happen." It's because the amount of pain they're in is greater than the resources they have to deal with it. It's not a selfish act, or any of those other things. As humans our most primal instinct is to survive. Just like hunger, or the drive to procreate. It's hard wired into us at our core.
So for someone to override that, the pain must be unimaginable.

Please try to be a little more kind when judging our fellow humans.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I hope this isn't true.... but these are truly desperate times. Alot of crazy things are going on these days. But, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's just not worth it. I hope he pulls through!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
\When a person kills himself, it doesn't just "happen." It's because the amount of pain they're in is greater than the resources they have to deal with it. It's not a selfish act, or any of those other things. As humans our most primal instinct is to survive. Just like hunger, or the drive to procreate. It's hard wired into us at our core.
So for someone to override that, the pain must be unimaginable.\

Are you serious?
what pain you are talking about when the guy is posting in internet thhis clearly messianic messages?
two variants:
1/ hoax, game
2/ sick and progressing...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Do i seriously have to repost this .....

im sure you are all aware of free will and your right to it ... apparntly not

Leave this guy alone ... he has free will to do whatever he wants with his life and its upto no one here to remove his free will to do this ... you guys go on about the government taking away your freedoms ... just take a good look at yourselves and who you all are right now .... you are trying to take away his freedom and make him take up your version of how life is ment to be ...

everyperson who posted against him doing this in this very thread are completly 100% as bad as the people they say they hate every single day ...

-Snip-

your taking away his freedoms to protect him .... hmmm that sounds familer .... idiots ....

love loki

Mod Edit For Member Attack. Please Review The Following Link.

Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 9-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If this guy is for real, let him do it. Don't try to stop him. It does not have ANYTHING to do with anyone on this board. Mind your own business. Suicide is self-expression.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by edgecrusher2199]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I sent an email to the local ABC affiliate in Los Angeles and I also sent one to World News with Charlie Gibson. I would suggest that if anyone else wants to try to help, that you also find news organizations in the Los Angeles area or national news organizations, and send them the story with links to both his live journal blog and his own domain, which is just www.30daystodeath.com Maybe someone will be willing to investigate this to see if it's legit and even air his face so his family might have a chance to find out what he is plotting.

For all of you that think it's fine and dandy for someone to kill themselves, you've obviously never known someone close to you that did it. Killing yourself is a crime against those that love you the most.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Repost it all you want.
I can choose whatever I want to do because I have freewill.
Name calling will get you nowhere and you are free to have your opinion.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh em gee...

People want to go out with a bang, eh? Sad, really.

If not pathetic.

If people no longer want to live and whatnot, why do they need the attention?

Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russi
\When a person kills himself, it doesn't just "happen." It's because the amount of pain they're in is greater than the resources they have to deal with it. It's not a selfish act, or any of those other things. As humans our most primal instinct is to survive. Just like hunger, or the drive to procreate. It's hard wired into us at our core.
So for someone to override that, the pain must be unimaginable.\

Are you serious?
what pain you are talking about when the guy is posting in internet thhis clearly messianic messages?
two variants:
1/ hoax, game
2/ sick and progressing...

I was addressing the poster's points on suicide in general being a selfish act and all the other things he said. Not this guy per se, which I agree does seem a little odd on the face of it. However, he may be gone in the mind and that's why he's doing this.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

Long live Skynyrd!

I believe in survival of the fittest...

Even then, there should be an attempt to help the man. That means family and loved ones.

I will give sympathy for the person that got hit driving through a green light - not the person who ran it.

I apply that here.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

For all of you that think it's fine and dandy for someone to kill themselves, you've obviously never known someone close to you that did it. Killing yourself is a crime against those that love you the most.

Its not a crime. Suicide is a form of self-expression that everyone in the world should have the freedom to partake in.

To some people their life is not worth living according to their own views. These people do not value their lives the way the majority does. As a matter of fact, they may see life in itself as being unnecessary and a mistake. In their eyes this mistake (life) can only be corrected by death.

Let people correct the conflicts, mistakes, and errors that they see in themselves. Respect people's right to die. Let people kill themselves freely without judging them negatively or persecuting them for feelings that they can't help.

If someone wants to leave this world then they may exit. There is nothing wrong with suicide as long as it does not affect the freedom of others or endangers others.

Suicide is perfectly fine because everyone is different with different wants and needs. Not everyone is going to like life and there is no rule that says anyone has to stay.

If you do not want to live, it is perfectly fine to put an end to your consciousness. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'm tired of that argument. "It's a cry for help." Here's an idea....ask for HELP!!!!! Those stupid enough to use their own life as a negotiation tool need to realize that life isn't easy for everyone. It isn't easy to give life, it isn't easy to live life, it's only easy to take life, and that includes your own. Suck it up.

How exactly is this man or any other that chooses to end his life stupid? And who said that life was something you were required to partake in?

No one has to live life. We all have the basic freedom of choosing if we want to leave this earth. Life is not a requirement, life is an option that is chosen everyday of a person's life. Death is also an option that can be chosen in order to correct a mistake.

Also keep in mind that some individuals commit suicide because their minds are too advanced for the this world. These individuals may feel like aliens amongst the majority and then slowly start to lose interest in life as they find that life constantly comes into conflict with their own ideals, desires, personality, etc. Unfortunately the only option left for these individuals is to end their lives as they no longer want to participate in life or take on anything life has to offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join