Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

30daystodeath.livejournal.com

This man is blogging his final 30 days before he commits suicide. Does anyone in the Los Angeles area happen to recognize him? A post on the site says that his name is Robert Paulsen, but I don't know if that's true.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think this is incredibly sad if true and it does appear to be legit. I've contacted the suicide crisis center in Los Angeles and given them the web address and the phone number of the hosting company. If they can find out who the guy is, they will attempt an intervention with him.

Anyone know a way to find more out about him? I know that there are some very resourceful people on ATS, which is why I'm posting this on here.

30daystodeath.livejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
After looking at the first couple minutes of his first video, he says he's 100 percent sure he's not from this planet.

I hope this is not real. Hope the guy gets help. Good for you for alerting someone.

I'm going to finish watching his videos.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Isn't this another 'art project,' like 'Jane' in New York, who gave herself 90 days?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sad as it is, i am afraid we are going to be hearing of a lot of these cases.

I personally, do not know of anyone who is happy at this moment. Poor soul, i hope he gets the help.

Thank you for trying to help, OP.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I don't think he's the first and he won't be the last. The suicide hotline supervisor told me that, unfortunately, this sort of thing is common now with the internet - people are premeditating their suicide and posting on the internet for their friends and family to find the stuff. Sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Robert Paulsen was Meatloaf's character in Fight Club. Sounds like a hoax but they need to take it down.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If it is real then I hope he finds the help he needs--thank you, OP, perhaps the police can back-track his ISP now that suicide hotline has been alerted.

If it is not a hoax then I have no respect for this turd. IMO threatening suicide to get attention is one of the sickest things a person can do.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't know if I can take this as being real.. Maybe its a bit TOO real, but still.

I hope I don't sound too morbid here.. But there is a slightly beautiful aspect to this. He said day one, there's no fear and he's never been happier.. As much as I would tell him he's got so much to live for, I doubt he'd understand my reasoning.

He reminds me a lot of the Grizzly Man. That guy certainly had a death wish as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Reminds me of that movie untraceable.

Someone get him some xanax, please.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Robert Paulsen was Meatloaf's character in Fight Club. Sounds like a hoax but they need to take it down.

Yeah, was just going to post that... it is the name of a character in Fight Club.

I do truly hope this is not real.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Tadarida]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This entry here:

"No one asks ‘why’ when a terminally ill or handicapped individual prefers to transition early. No one gets too bent out of shape. Proven recently when I saw that guy on TV with the disease. He had his wife there, and he peacefully drifted into sleep while his favorite music played. It was nice. When a young person does however people around them grasp for reasons. Something or someone to blame for what has happened."

What if he has a terminal illness and is doing this so family and friends dont have to watch him suffer or pay for medical expenses? I do hope someone talks to him, he seems very sweet ...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tasim

He actually says that he has suffered with depression for a very long time. In another video he says that he is overly sensitive and that really fits with someone that would be depressed and/or suicidal.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think he's dying of anything. I think he truly believes he doesn't belong here..

Having said that.. I've watched all the videos now and believe this to be a hoax. If you google the site, he shows up in the first 3 links. Its hard to do that, although his site is pretty uniquely named.

I find it entirely possible that some people just don't feel like they are fit for this planet. I don't see this guy as overly depressed, he just seems like he's stumbled across a bigger secret.

I think this is a story this guy is trying to write and he is living it so it is more detailed. It will be on bookshelves everywhere next year.

ETA: It adds to my skepticism that he is doing this online. It would be just as easy to put it on disk or leave it on his computer. I dunno, it seems viral.

[edit on 2/8/09 by SantaClaus]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To the guy above me:

The thing is though, suicide (excluding legitimate terminal illness)is just such a greedy thing to do. One person might feel depressed or hopeless but does he really have the right to cause that or worse level of pain in the people he leaves behind, that will miss him forever and carry the guilt of not being able to save him? I do not think so.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I would disagreee. I just checked the sourcecode on his 30daystodeath.com site and it is #2 or 3 on google but he doesn't have any key words listed and he hasn't input a description for the search engines to use.

Typically, a new site will show up but then it will get "sandboxed" for awhile. That is probably the case with this one. If this was a hoax and he was actually doing SEO to get high Google rankings, I would have atleast expected to see keywords and a description in his Meta Tags. His only tag is the title of the page.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good point, OP, didn't check that..

Having said that, the better viral art projects try to look as real as possible, and that includes even hiding their sites..

In the end, giving this site even 3 days before it was found is giving it a lot. This was bound to be found quickly regardless.

I don't know.. There's really nothing anyone can do right? Outside of both livejournal and his host dropping him, his message will continue to be displayed.

Can someone be arrested for simple implying that they are going to die in 30 days? It seems he is very careful to not say he is committing suicide on the site.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What a weak person you must be to commit suicide. I'm trying to find sympathy for this person, whether this is real or not, but I just can't bring myself to it.

I know that I'm gonna be stepping on some feelings with this statement, but if you're going to kill yourself, spare us the poetic part and just get it overwith!

Humans are the only creatures on this planet that willingly kill themselves, and to those that do I have no respect for them. NONE!

Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal.

Talk about a waste!

I wish that a parent that lost a child at birth could trade this pathetic excuse for a person's life with their child's and all would be well.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If the man wants to kill himself, who am I to stop him? Why would anyone try to stop him? Seems to me that if a person has sat down and thoroughly considered their circumstances and the consequences we should support their decision.

To people who view suicide as a "selfish" act, I would contend that you are the ones who are actually selfish. People just aren't willing to let go of someone they love, and want that person to stick around even though it may not be the best thing for them.

As long as a person has weighed all of their options, I believe we should respect their decision to end their own life.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Exactly, I agree with the above poster (the reply isn't working..again)..

Have you ever seen someone in clinical depression? I'm not talking your cousin who was on valium for a few months because her dad died, I'm talking someone who is literally so depressed that not even lithium works for them anymore. Deadly, deadly depression.

It is like saying to the people of ethiopia.. "Hey, you're hungry??? Well move dummies!!" And yes it can be compared. Some depression is literally impossible to fathom for those who have not experienced it. Chemical imbalances that cannot be reversed. No, I haven't experienced themselves, but I have seen someone close to me deal with it.

I don't know how I'd react.

If I have inoperable cancer and could live in absolute agony for the next 3 months or die now? I'd go in a more peaceful way, and my family would understand my decision and hopefully respect it. Sadly, we aren't even in control of our own existence nowadays.

Selfish? Tell that to the many soldiers from Vietnam who couldn't deal with their demons after the war.. Bah.

By the way.. Does it say anywhere on the site that he is going to off himself? Maybe there is some sort of elaborate plan here.

[edit on 2/9/09 by SantaClaus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join