It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bible found in cyprus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

What's that supposed to mean?
and how is it relevent?

(removed quote of OT'd post)

[edit on Wed Feb 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I used New becouse the definition of "new" can also be used as to describe a discorvery of its contense

Its a New Found Book "biblical" / Bible" becouse it tells the story of jesus

dont use symantics.... its not a missleading topic.. its a new book that was found that relates to the story of jesus

is it not?

Regardess of your Knoladge on the subject.. can i ask "have you read the book"?

No .. so please understand why its an interesting find.. even if it does say what all the other books say.. dont you think one should read it befor you boohoo this book??

old age saying "never jugde a book by its cover" or in your case who wrote it...

my 2cnts and if its not important why did huffington post have an artical on it?

Dont shoot the messanger please.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread is just fine and I thank the poster for bringing this to light....will be looking forward to translations or more info on if there are any differences in scriptures or if its all the same as what we know of today.

LV

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Even if you have to make up your own right.

and that IS what all I see in your post

to each his own

Well, I am not sure what you are saying, but apparently I pushed some button? If you believe you have accurate truth, I applaud you. Hopefully it will continue to work for you.

Usually anyone who is interested in what I write are themselves searching for truth outside religion. You, may not be.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

guys lets try to not go off topic here...

has anyone found any more info about the book? iv been looking on the net for more updates and i cant find nothing on the translation
~~

dont argue tho guys please.. and i understand you both are trying to argue kinda about something
but just relax!!

topic is about the book and what it can tell us.. "if anything" as some have said.

no reason to debunk each other here guys. debunk the BOOK!! its ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
So.....

How long will it be until this new gold bible found is locked up in the Vatican City never to be heard of again?

Any takers?

My guess is sometime next week.

I'll take you up on that. It belongs to the Syriac church; the Eastern Orthodox. Vatican has no say over them. I'm not sure where they would house it -- Coredrill may have a better insight on where they keep things like this.

Provenance on it will be dicey.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by MatrixProphet

guys lets try to not go off topic here...

has anyone found any more info about the book? iv been looking on the net for more updates and i cant find nothing on the translation
~~

dont argue tho guys please.. and i understand you both are trying to argue kinda about something
but just relax!!

topic is about the book and what it can tell us.. "if anything" as some have said.

no reason to debunk each other here guys. debunk the BOOK!! its ATS

There's nothing to debunk.

As Coredrill has said several times, it's a Syriac Bible. We know what's in them, word for word. The unusual part is that the ink is gold.

Monks who copied texts (and particularly for a book like this) would have had supervisors checking their work. This was made either for a royal family OR for a very wealthy monastary... or possibly one of the Eastern Orthodox popes (not the same as the Roman Catholic popes.)

Coredrill gave some good links where you can find the text of these Bibles online. I think if you compare them with the KJV and other versions, you will find they're essentially the same document (since it would be blasphemy to change it).

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

There's nothing to debunk.

Yes I agree! There isn't more to say or question until more is understood.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join