It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bible found in cyprus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This will be the information they base the New World Religion on. Dont forget, the NWO is not only economic, and political, but also spiritual.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I once went to an "Alpha meeting" where they try to convert you to believing in Jesus & God & all that (I do believe in God, just not Jesus - longish story).

Anyway, the main crux of their argument to Jesus & his amazing powers was that the big J lived 2000 years ago & there were parchments found written "only 130 years after his death, and so they were like - WOW - so important & they were the best evidence you could ask for," etc.

Now, with my interest in human psychology, marketing, etc, I know that our brains like to look for patterns, and that we are more inclined to draw inference to things we can compare, like 130/2000 sounds good.

So I pointed out that 130 years out of 2000 years sounds really impressive - however, it would be comparable to if we all sat down in that meeting & wrote about the life & times of Queen Victoria (1837 -1901) as though we were there, and then scholars (or worse still, religious dudes) 1900 years from now found them - "oh WOW" they'd say, "these were written only 110 years after Queen Victoria - 110/2000 =" bollocks!!!

All that someone after the event can do is to either regurgitate old writings, or make up their own, or worse still give their own interpretations on what they think might have been.

Which is no use or proof at all.

Look at any historical investigation of anything - 1 scholar gets something wrong, the next includes reference in his book & uses the same inference, ad infinitum unless new knowledge is discovered & presented - & it's usually met with criticism & downright dismissmal, even though it is demonstrably true.

Take the Bow porcelain manufacturies first patent (1744) as a prime example - it is still there in writing, but the first academic book paraphrased it, & subsequent authors, without doing their own research just reprinted the same wrong facts (it is really interesting since they proposed to use clay from "The Chirokee nation" (incorrect spelling as in original) - in 1744 they were going to ship clay from the states to make porcelain - now that is a WOW!)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Scholars aren't hiding stuff they are finding stuff. One of the interesting aspects of scholarship in these areas is that is now safe to dissect mostreligions. Some you till take a chance in exposing. You can point out errors and contradictions in some religions now where in the past you'd been killed for doing so.

Very true. Exposing lies or revealing truths are now possible. I don't doubt for one minute that information has been held back to protect religion. Erasmus knew he was using very faulty copies when he wrote his translation to suit the religious leaders of his day. He would have known that he was by no means using an original manuscript when he did his edition that would lead to the King James Version.

I believe a lot has been hidden but we are finding so many scholars who are looking for truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well, the Bible was put together about 200 AD, so we know (if it's a full Bible) it has to be at least that old... or younger.

Actually, aren't we speaking of the 4th century with the help of Constantine and the Nicean Council? It certainly wasn't canonized until then. And continued further in the 17th century with the King James? I believe that some of the oldest copies of certain passages go back to the latter first century.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

I'm sure there are many priceless relics out there. Oddly enough not one gold tablet has been found or one of the MEs retained to the public. That is where the Vatican will fail. In the private sector everythings for sale.

Yes, as the story of the Gospel of Judas is an example. Often relics are in private hands and in safe deposit boxes, in antiquity trades, etc. that are not protected. The time will come where the Vatican will be exposed for all its treasures.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Byrd

Well, the Bible was put together about 200 AD, so we know (if it's a full Bible) it has to be at least that old... or younger.

Actually, aren't we speaking of the 4th century with the help of Constantine and the Nicean Council? It certainly wasn't canonized until then. And continued further in the 17th century with the King James? I believe that some of the oldest copies of certain passages go back to the latter first century.

Obviously the old testament was around in Jesus time because he quoted from it. He also directed to write while he was here so it had continued to be written during his life also.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Obviously the old testament was around in Jesus time because he quoted from it

Yes, of course certain passages he quoted from. But we were talking about the compilation of the entire Bible.

There were not any writings in existence during his time. If there were, they didn't make it. Most everything was transferred orally. The Christians who did some of the writings were not considered scribes and were considered very inexperienced. Even Josephus came after. Most of the NT books were written many years and even decades after Christ died.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neurolanis

The language is Syriac and it is still in use in Syrian Orthodox Churches.
Syrian Orthodox Churches are lesser in number in Syria itself, but more in number in the state of Kerala in South India.

I am a member of Syrian Orthodox church of Kerala by birth/baptism. (but by belief ..an agnostic)
They still use Syriac in the worship. The Priests are taught to read and write Syriac.
There were and still are Bibles in Syriac in kerala.

Funny thing in Syrian orthodox chruches and in Greek Orthodox churches is that there dont have any pews in the church. You got to stand and worship.
And the Worship is really physical. You got to het down on your knees to bow during the worship etc.

[edit on 8/2/09 by coredrill]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
gotta say some realy interesting posts on here

keep it up!!

wish we could get some kinda transcript tho as some seem to be able to understand what this little book thing was written in!!

if i find anymore info ill post on here

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I do like these finds. I had looked at a certain bible at some point not that long ago, that was supposed to be a more accurate translation. I can't seem to find it anymore.

And there were things like Elohem (people from the sky) in it. Not just saying "god" all the time. Not that I don't believe there is a creator.

If you will also research some, immortality was taken out of the bible.

I don't think you actually get the full meaning with todays versions.

It is interesting to find, I hope it helps shed some light.

Troy

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

The news story clearing states its not from Jesus's time and that it has modern dialect from the 9th century. Nothing new, nothing ground breaking.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Good,thread and one hell of a find if it indeed is 2000 years old I too hope for a quick translation hopefully they won't turn it over to the Vatican,those guys tend to "lose" alternate translations of the bible.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This will be the information they base the New World Religion on. Dont forget, the NWO is not only economic, and political, but also spiritual.

Just what I was thinking. Give it another 1000 years and we will be taught that Jesus was the Son of a God named Ziggy Stardust.

Ziggy came to Earth on the good ship 'Lolly-pop' in the late 20th Century.

After a brief stint in toy manufacturing, Ziggy decided to have a child with a Virgin named Britney Spears, the most beautiful girl in all the land.

Jesus went on to perform miracles such as turning the moon pinkand revealing the secrets of Scooby-doo who was God's pet Fish.

Times change and so does 'word'.

Who knows, one day the masses may believe that the N.W.O / Illuminati destroyed the Great Enemy that was once known as Christianity....

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Unrealised]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'd like to thank the origional poster for having taken the time to post this thread on ATS. It is a very good story that interests me, as it does others here at ATS. Even if it is only a few hundred years old and not 2000 years old or more, it will still b e interestin g to see how todays versions of tyhe bible compare to it, at least as far as consistency goes, and how much has been re-written or changed or even left out since the Cyprus bible was written.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Byrd

Yes, you're right -- this is what happens when I type in a hurry and don't check my sources!

I don't think there will be anything "new" in this one other than the standard Bible that has been used in the Eastern Orthodox churches for almost 1500 years. The monks were pretty faithful in copying things exactly, and I'm fairly sure that each page was reviewed by another person in the hierarchy and they were made to scrape the vellum clean and rewrite if they got it wrong (I have read somewhere that this was the usual practice when they were copying religous works.)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi
Obviously the old testament was around in Jesus time because he quoted from it.

Not exactly. The Torah was around, yes, but the compilation we call the "Old Testament" may not have been available to him.

He also directed to write while he was here so it had continued to be written during his life also.

I don't remember that being anywhere in the Bible or the Essene material. Got a link?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Syrian Orthodox church, which is very prevalent in Kerala in south India still has ancient Syriac bibles, and copies and copies of copies of them in the seminaries.

there are no much change from the original Syriac bibles.

here is a link to the Syrian Christians of India
Syrian Malabar Nasrani Christians or St. Thomas Christians

[edit on 9/2/09 by coredrill]

[edit on 9/2/09 by coredrill]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

original Syriac bibles

So this could be one of many? what is the possiblity of finding out something new?

even if its just one passage or a line? i mean no one has read it yet "i cant find anything on it yet"

anyone?

thanks for your imput guys iv learnd alot just reading the posts

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Guys and gals, faith is not about words, it about FAITH. You will never get me to believe the the NIV, King James, the freaking book of Mormon (dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb) are not altered from the true word of god. The true word of god is Believe in me and you shall be saved. Why else would an all powerful god care about details. Just believe that god exists, that he loves you and put your trust in him. The rest will take care of itself. SORRY TO GET WAYY OFF SUBJECT!!

I wish that we could actually see the true unaltered word of god but that's about like having a president tell the truth. I noticed that alot of the book is filled with pictures and small phrases. Seems intersting. Certianly not the traditional indiana jones type documents. Can someone scan this thing and email it to me. ; )

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So.....

How long will it be until this new gold bible found is locked up in the Vatican City never to be heard of again?

Any takers?

My guess is sometime next week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join