It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's wrong with my cat....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i am an animal lover even if i do love to hunt. i have 2 cats- kitty is 5 and 2 (yes that is her name) is 3. they are so much enjoyment they keep me sane. they love to fight with each other and play with their toys and give you unconditional love and affection. 2 also loves to play fetch like a dog-only 2nd cat i have ever seen do that. almost everyone on here has given great advice. mine go nuts at times but i do agree maybe you should get a vet to check. as for memories- to whomever said it- yes they have great memories- mine will hide a toy and i'll search for it for months and suddenly there it is!!! but cats are a very frisky animal and love to play so it may be nothing to worry about but still worth a vet visit to make sure. and as for the supernatural i have a ghost in myhouseand they sure as hell know when it is there- they get all arched up and hair raised etc and growl. scares me sometimes. but to the op take your cat to the vet just to make sure nothing is seriously wrong and good luck and enjoy your cat while you can- they are to much fun to lose

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Well there is also the thing that vets are a business, they do have ends to meet! (maybe this is why you see cats and parrots on anti depressants) Cats are sometimes cats... I think if God had ment them to make sense we would of been given an instruction manual. from what I've read in this thread I will still maintain most probably fleas or a 2nd would be something you have changed in the house... Might not seem like much to the OP but cats... well they don't think the same

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

If anything the cat has a tapeworm. Why would I shoot it in the back of the head? Dumb and cruel comment.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Load of crap? I suppose I'll just hit my parents up for cash, who you know, are going through a rough financial time, then take their car, on a Sunday when the vet isn't even open. Did you know I got out of surgery recently? Makes sense I would do all that
. Think before you open your mouth and take into consideration that not everything is black and white or as easy as they may be for people like you, otherwise it just comes off as ignorant. You obviously have some angst you brought into this topic because that tone was uncalled for. You should consider others situations before posting.
I'm going tomorrow (or one of my parents will) when you know, they're open. This isn't life or death. She's actually very calm right now.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
if your pet is terminal- and you can handle doing it- kill it yourself -will save about $250. me i will kill anything but never could bring myself to kill my best 2 friends. would be just like killing your kids which i consider mine to be. yes i have killed feral cats and dogs and animals with rabies and the mange but I WOULD NEVER kill an animal i knew was someones pet unless it was going to hurt me or anyone else. to whomever posted just doing that is a rude jerk and we are not here to make other people feel bad.
like was said- if you have nothing good to say don't say it. we are here to help the op figure out why her cat is acting weird. many reasons it could be so until she posts again after a vet visit it is just speculation. may be something serious or just a cat being a cat.
keep us posted please

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
it could be as simple as ear mites, which drive them crazy. Does she shake her head?

My cat has a phantom pain in her tail that drives her crazy.

Other then that, it mostly seems like normal cat behavior. Mine get the midnight crazies.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is why frankly, getting advice on ATS is dangerous.

Instead of telling you to immediately take your cat to the vet - which you should definitely do - some people are telling you its perfectly normal and the cat must being seeing "spirits."

Please, everyone, don't turn to a conspiracy for advice on matters that actually impact you or your pets. Especially your pets - they only have you to look out for them, and its wrong to ignore things that may be causing them pain because someone on the internet told you they were seeing evil demons.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

ahh the midnight crazies! that is such an awesome way to put it!!!! mine get them also- they fight on my waterbed at 3 am and wake me up then 2 sticks her whiskers in my face so i can't get back to sleep and kitty loves to lay on my pillow and whack me in the face with her tail. very annoying but adorable and iwouldn't give them up for the world!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

native...if money is an issue (vets are damn expensive!) contact one of the rescue agencies for felines in your area and explain your situation. Often they can and will help with vet bills as they have accounts with vets and sometimes can get help for a pet owner who's on hard times. They may also have someone experienced enough that can come out and help you make a determination whether Kitty needs to go the vet or if a simple treatment like a tapeworm pill or mite treatment will do the trick (they often have these pills and treatments in their stock).

Here in Vancouver the resucers will often help out regular pet owners having money troubles and many seniors rely on the extra help as they can't get out to the vet all the time with the kitties or dogs due to their health.

Just search for a few rescue organizations online in your area and shoot them an email explaining your dilemma.

We all fall on hard times at one point or another and there are great people out there who can help out when needed, you just need to ask.

Try to ignore the jerks and just do what's best for the kitty and yourself...call a rescuer who can drop by and check out kitty and they'll likely be able to give kitty the tapeworm treatment right on the spot

Please do this as I know (as a former rescuer) that they will help out!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would take her in and have her thyroid tested. This can be symptoms of a thyroid disorder. She may need medication.

Also cats also get senility in old age sometimes like we do.

A thyroid test is easy and inexpensive, and I would do it.

Ama

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
To whomever suggested killing the cat if it's terminal. Ever done it??

My dad had to kill one of out cats when I was little as he'd been so badly mauled by a coyote that there was no hope, yet that cat (HUGE white tom cat named Romulus) hung on, screaming in pain and sheer agony.

Our family was so broke we had no money to take him to the vet to be PTS, so my Dad figured he'd do the job himself.

Any idea how strong an animals will to live is??? it proved to be a dangerous venture to try to kill the cat by drowning and this half dead cat nearly filleted my Dad's arms. Even in a near paralyzed state that cat shredded my Dad's arms. I don't know how he ended up killing it but I suspect it died of shock (as it would have anyway had my dad not added to the suffering causing it to die of shock faster)

I recommend NEVER trying to do a backyard euthanasia (or a bathtub one) on any animal in distress as it is dangerous! Not to mention will likely cause the animal more suffering unless you can do it quickly and successfully.

If anyone is in this spot...call the humane society and tell em it's a stray at least so they can come and euthanize the animal humanely.

BTW my Dad also suffered some trauma emotionally for killing the cat it was a hell of a lot harder than he thought it would be and due to his failed attempt at drowning it it suffered as much in his hands as it did in the coyotes teeth.

Sure we all have guns and have no issue about shooting our best fur friends in the back of the head *major sarcasm*. C' mon...even if broke there are options - rescue societies, Human Society...or local SPCA. No car? tell a neighbor you found a stray and get a ride to the local vet and tell them it was a stray too...at least you get to say goodbye and know the animal was taken care of properly.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Your cat is telling you that if you die, she will eat your face off, really, owners of cats have been eaten by their precious little friends. If you own a dog, it will sit by your side if you die and try to revive you, even if it is starving it will not eat you, cats on the other hand will eat you right away.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I had a redneck for a neighbor that had 12 cats roaming the neighborhood and left dead mice on my doorstep, I told him to corral his cats or I would for him, the redneck did nothing so I shot them with a 1340fps pellet gun and then flug them on his front yard.

He learned to keep his stupid cats in the house after 7 showed up dead in his yard...hmmm, I must be a good shot! w00t!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I never said dont take your cat to the vet. My god- im a cat lover- i have two myself. But it doesent sound like the cat has any real physical problems It sounds like your cat is freaking out on you because there is something that is bothering it- and if its something that you cant see- that means it something thats in your house and you need to do something about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

I have a dog too. If it needs to eat me to survive I really wouldn't think any less of it. I'd eat my cat if I needed to survive. Hell, I'd eat my brother.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Completly off topic here... But would you consider eating a part of YOURSELF??
Think about it, absolutely nothing you could possibly eat and you have 2 days walk... You could lopp off a finger or 2 to chew on! Or slice into a chunk of your own muscle somewhere (I hear the buttocks are best! But you do have to walk)

Anyways I'd defo eat any animal pet or otherwise... I real dire situations I could see my self eating from a dead person... But that situation would have to be very very extream... Eating bits of my self?? Well say I had an accident and my arm is just laying on the ground I aint letting that go to waste! I'm a building me a fire and getting me a killer story for the bar!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

now that is funny! good for you. personally i do not believe cats dogs or any pet should be allowed to roam freely. mine are house cats except for when my d###head boarder allows kitty to escape.last time it happened she was gone for 5 days and i was distraught and not to mention 2 who lost her playmate. all she did was cry and look for her.
if i raised chickens and you had a pet fox (which i had)and let it run free when isaw it killing my birds guess what i would do? and wouldn't be with a pellet gun- i prefer my 22 mag
and to who asked me if i have ever killed one of my pets no i never have and don't think i could. someone elses yes i could-IF need be- but not mine
i couldn't even take my beagle to the spca to get euthanized- had to have a friend do it. you become to attached to your pets and the emotional part can be to much. i love to kill and eat deer and laugh when i shoot one- but if i had one as a pet i couldn't do it to that particular animal.
and to the op i was asking afriend who is a vet and he said it is probably just being a cat but tapeworm mites and fleas are all possibilities but fleas you would probably notice as you will usually get them also. he also asked if you have had distemper shots for it- that can make them act weird and crazy if they have it. rabies also but i doubt that your cat has that. he also said maybe just a change in it's diet. some cat foods have more sugar than others and it can make them more energetic. just look at what sugar does to humans. but please let us know how kitty is and what was wrong with it- i know i am curious and hopefully just something simple

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Your dead... who cares? The cat knows it is just a lump of meat.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You will be reincarnated as a mouse. I'm sure of it.
What will we call you then? dinner?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
does anyone know if native has found out the problem? i know i am curious after all the speculation. so native if you have found out please post or anyone else who knows please post. this is like having a football pool- can't wait to see who was right lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join