It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 37
34
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

No, it isn't the same difference. If you were truly inspired you would be able to let that passage explain itself, like I did. In the process those reading may come to salvation.

Over-complicating and adding to it turns people away, and is folly.



It's clear you are playing a game.
It is not obvious to you.
You keep insisting that scripture must interpret itself.
And yet, interpretation is of the living Word of GoD.
And when you think that scripture is interpreting itself, really, you are just usurping the place of GoD, and inserting your own private interpretation.
This is essentially how the world begins...private interpretation of truth.
And this is how the world is maintained...private interpretation of truth.
And this is what "kills" the truth.
The world is a defense against the truth, and you are doing a great job on the front lines with your little pea shooter.

Christ!



[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]




posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

See how I can prove everything I'm saying with Scripture? That's what I mean..

God Bless


"Prove everything"?
What are you trying to prove?
You are trying to prove lies are true.
Feel free to use scriptures.
They are your best defense against the truth.

Christ!



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Every line here says "It is written", now prove yourself with what is written.


You bear false witness against me.
They shoved nails in Jesus hands, and words in his mouth.
You shove words in my mouth, saying, "it is written".
Have you not yet learned that everything that "is written" is not always the truth?
All you've done is shown how the interpreters of Jesus worshipped what "is written".

Christ?





[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]


M'r:16:15: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

M't:24:35: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1Jo:5:7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.


If you receive the Word directly and can't prove it with scripture, who can bear witness for you? Man cannot be his own witness, even Christ quoted the scripture to witness for him.

We've got to have a final authority. If this Book is not true, then the church or human reasoning or human experience is the final authority, God forbid.



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

Originally posted by B.A.C.

See how I can prove everything I'm saying with Scripture? That's what I mean..

God Bless


"Prove everything"?
What are you trying to prove?
You are trying to prove lies are true.
Feel free to use scriptures.
They are your best defense against the truth.

Christ!


Ok, who is your witness? How can I check to see what you are saying is accurate? I wouldn't be able to, your logic is severely flawed.


Joh:1:7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh:1:8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh:1:15: John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh:5:31: If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Try this instead:

Re:13:8: And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Yes the "Lamb" is Jesus Christ, if you don't believe and have faith in Jesus Christ, your name isn't in the book of life, and you will end up worshiping the "beast".

Sounds alot more simpler when you take it like it's written doesn't it.

Over-complicating and adding to it turns people away, and is folly.


You just overcomplicated it with your own interpretation.
Your interpretation doesn't sound anything like what is written.
The "Lamb" is Christ.
Christ is the Truth.
Lamb is a metaphor for truth.
Why?
Truth does not defend itself.
It is easily led to slaughter.
You just slaughtered the meaning of this scripture with your own.
Now it is complicated.
You don't believe what I am saying *because* you are worshipping the beast.
The beast is guilt.
The truth is innocence.

Innocence is the truth!
But you think that sin is "the truth".
Sin is not the truth.


Christ!



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Try this instead:

Re:13:8: And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Yes the "Lamb" is Jesus Christ, if you don't believe and have faith in Jesus Christ, your name isn't in the book of life, and you will end up worshiping the "beast".

Sounds alot more simpler when you take it like it's written doesn't it.

Over-complicating and adding to it turns people away, and is folly.


You just overcomplicated it with your own interpretation.
Your interpretation doesn't sound anything like what is written.
The "Lamb" is Christ.
Christ is the Truth.
Lamb is a metaphor for truth.
Why?
Truth does not defend itself.
It is easily led to slaughter.
You just slaughtered the meaning of this scripture with your own.
Now it is complicated.
You don't believe what I am saying *because* you are worshipping the beast.
The beast is guilt.
The truth is innocence.

Innocence is the truth!
But you think that sin is "the truth".
Sin is not the truth.


Christ!



You already agreed with my interpretation, read a few posts back.

You said "same difference".

Who's playing the game here? You are Babel, not Christ. Christ is clear. You are confusion.

No use responding, I'm putting you on Ignore.

God Bless



[edit on 1-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

[edit on 1-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

M'r:16:15: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

M't:24:35: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1Jo:5:7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.


If you receive the Word directly and can't prove it with scripture, who can bear witness for you? Man cannot be his own witness, even Christ quoted the scripture to witness for him.

We've got to have a final authority. If this Book is not true, then the church or human reasoning or human experience is the final authority, God forbid.



I am bearing the record of the three in heaven.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words shall stand forever.
My word says: "heaven and earth will pass away".
This means the idea that there can be heaven AND earth will pass.
There is only heaven.
What is "earth"?
Earth is a lie.
Heaven is the truth.
The truth is the final authority.
It is written on your heart.
Because,
At your heart, you are the truth.
As it is written,
"The Kingdom of God is within you".

But you are trying to interpret by the mind the denies what is within you.
If you interpret with the mind that denies what is within you, then you will be led astray.
That mind is a "goat"...and goes its own way.
The mind "within" is a "sheep"...and goes the way of the truth.
To "hear" it, you must cease to listen to the voice of the goat.
The voice of the goat is the voice of scattering.
The voice of the goat is for establishing the world as 'truth'.
The voice of the goat is for making guilt true and real.

Christ!


[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
You already agreed with my interpretation, read a few posts back.

You said "same difference".

Who's playing the game here? You are Babel, not Christ. Christ is clear. You are confusion.

No use responding, I'm putting you on Ignore.

God Bless



You quoted a different version of the New Testament.
That version is slightly different from the version I quoted.
But the meaning is the same.
So, i said, "same difference".
You thought I was talking about your interpretation.
Your interpretation is different from mine.
It is not the same.
It is your own interpretation.


The world begins as you have conducted, and ended your correspondence.
It begins with an attack on the truth.
It begins by putting the truth on ignore.
It writes its own truth instead.
It ends when the truth is made a priority...and not a game.
You do not want the world to end yet.

Christ!

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Joh:5:31: If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.


You are bearing witness of yourself.
You use scriptures to help yourself bear your witness.
I have used a scripture to bear witness of the truth.
So,
You have put me on ignore.

Christ!



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Every line here says "It is written", now prove yourself with what is written.

Or claim to receive the Word of God directly and I'll pray for your soul, as I'll then consider you a False Prophet.

Even Still, may God bless you.


I told you that the scripture is set up to prove your own case.
You want to confine me to a kangeroo court.
As soon as I start to present my case within your court, you bounce!

Pray tell, how did Jesus recieve the word of God?
Can you find his words in the "old testament"?
Where in the old testament is the parable of the prodigal son?

Are you saying that the Word of God cannot speak directly to anyone?
Are you saying that the Word of God spoke to a few a long time ago and now is silent?
What are you saying?
Do you know?

Christ!



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Revelation 13:8
"All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world."


Originally posted by B.A.C.
Try this instead:
Re:13:8: And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.


Same difference.

Christ!



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Who's playing the game here? You are Babel, not Christ. Christ is clear. You are confusion.


With this, I will agree.

Neither an instructional demeanor, or a guiding way. A tone of arrogance, and a tongue that doenst hesitate to slander or offend.

This is no Christ I know.

Peace



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Ok, who is your witness? How can I check to see what you are saying is accurate? I wouldn't be able to, your logic is severely flawed.



Check your heart.
My words are all the witness that you will get.
They are written on your heart.
If you don't want the truth, you will not get it.
You do not want the truth *at this time*. How logical is that?
How can a mind bent on lies "judge" the accuracy of truth?
Stop defending yourself against the truth and you will understand it.
The world of "people" is built on the utter denial of the Kindgom of God..."within".
So the world is a kind of Self-denial.
The truth has never stopped you from denying truth.
It will not stop you now with witnesses that you do not want in the first place.
You are a "person" because you do not want the truth.
What could I possibly say to motivate you to change your mind?
You have surrounded yourself with false witnesses that prove you are a "person".
You have given yourself texts which prove you are a "person".
What you want, you get, because you are the Son of God.
From what you want, GoD cannot save you.
You have put me on ignore.
Thy will be done.


Christ!



[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Who's playing the game here? You are Babel, not Christ. Christ is clear. You are confusion.


With this, I will agree.

Neither an instructional demeanor, or a guiding way. A tone of arrogance, and a tongue that doenst hesitate to slander or offend.

This is no Christ I know.

Peace



I have not called anyone here a "brood of vipers" or "whitewashed tombs".
What exactly are you expecting of your version of Christ in exodus?

The world does not exist.
It is a belief in your mind.
While you believe in it, it virtually destroys your mind.
How is that not instructional?
The world is a lie against the truth.
How is that slander?
What is a freind of the world is an enemy of GoD.
Is that slander?
Are you a freind of the world or a freind of the Kingdom of God?

The world is a will opposed to your own true will.
A false will wars against the true will.
Flesh against spirit.
Your true will will prevail.
Till then, you will make your own rules, and define what is and isn't the truth...according to your own way.

I have given the title "Christ" to everyone in these threads, including my foes.
How is that slander?

Christ!





[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
If you receive the Word directly and can't prove it with scripture, who can bear witness for you? Man cannot be his own witness, even Christ quoted the scripture to witness for him.

We've got to have a final authority. If this Book is not true, then the church or human reasoning or human experience is the final authority, God forbid.



Jesus did not quote very much scripture as a witness to his authority.
What scriptures are you talking about?
It seems that whenever he did, no one believed him.
Once, he said, "do not your scriptures say, 'ye are gods'?"
But as you might expect, his quotation was insufficient for his foes.
So he appealed to his miracles instead.
I have appealed to scriptures, somewhat.
And you have not believed me.
Why should I chase you with miracles?
Why would I use miracles to prove something to you that you do not want?

Christ!

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!
I have appealed to scriptures, somewhat.
And you have not believed me.
Why should I chase you with miracles?
Why would I use miracles to prove something to you that you do not want?



Matther 24:5
“For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.


and in further...


Matthew 24:24
"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.


Herein, we fall into the situation during the time of Jesus. Scripture told of his coming yet they did not believe. We have the words of Jesus Christ himself in Revelation with a description of events yet to come...

And yet you christ! make no declaration or claim to having an attachment to those scriptures. How is it that a common person would believe you? Surely Jesus referenced scripture, and fulfilled it. He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.

By whose authority do you speak?

Peace


[edit on 1-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

I have not called anyone here a "brood of vipers" or "whitewashed tombs".
What exactly are you expecting of your version of Christ in exodus?

The world does not exist.
It is a belief in your mind.
While you believe in it, it virtually destroys your mind.
How is that not instructional?
The world is a lie against the truth.
How is that slander?
What is a freind of the world is an enemy of GoD.
Is that slander?
Are you a freind of the world or a freind of the Kingdom of God?

The world is a will opposed to your own true will.
A false will wars against the true will.
Flesh against spirit.
Your true will will prevail.
Till then, you will make your own rules, and define what is and isn't the truth...according to your own way.

I have given the title "Christ" to everyone in these threads, including my foes.
How is that slander?

Christ!





[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]


I had to see what you've been writing. This is the most sensible things you've said all day.

Although I don't agree with some of it.

Here goes:

The world does not exist.

Yes it does, it may be full of evil but it exists.

It is a belief in your mind.

No, it is physical, while Heaven is spiritual.

While you believe in it, it virtually destroys your mind.

If you mean Evil, I agree.

How is that not instructional?

Because the world does exist, though WE should be dead to the world. Not the world dead to us. We should be a Light unto the world.

The world is a lie against the truth.

No, the evil of the world is a lie.

How is that slander?

I don't think that was what HIFIGUY was referring to.

What is a freind of the world is an enemy of GoD.

I'll agree with that.

The world is a will opposed to your own true will.

No, the world has no will, but the prince of the air does.

Flesh against spirit.

Ah, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, I'll agree with that.

Your true will will prevail.

Not necessarily, the spirit is willing, but with some people the flesh prevails.

God Bless


[edit on 1-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by Christ!
I have appealed to scriptures, somewhat.
And you have not believed me.
Why should I chase you with miracles?
Why would I use miracles to prove something to you that you do not want?



Matther 24:5
“For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.


and in further...


Matthew 24:24
"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.


Herein, we fall into the situation during the time of Jesus. Scripture told of his coming yet they did not believe. We have the words of Jesus Christ himself in Revelation with a description of events yet to come...

And yet you christ! make no declaration or claim to having an attachment to those scriptures. How is it that a common person would believe you? Surely Jesus referenced scripture, and fulfilled it. He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.

By whose authority do you speak?

Peace


[edit on 1-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]


Amen.



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Matther 24:5
“For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.



I already explained this.
Those who come and say that Christ is "here" or "there" to the exclusion of anyone else, are misleading you.
You mislead others when you say that Jesus is Christ to the exclusion of all others.
I do not exclude.
Christ is "within", just as the Kindgom of God is "within".
This is the truth.
What is "outside" of what is "within" is a lie.
What you believe about the truth does not change it.
When you believe it, you will see it.

and in further...


Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Matthew 24:24
"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.


Are you talking about Paul?
What makes you think Paul was not false?
Is it because he is quoted in the bible?
Is it because he said he was blinded by something that knocked him off his high horse?
Is it because of his belief in what he believed?

Christ!




[edit on 1-3-2009 by Christ!]



new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

log in

join