It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

okay that's nice.

hope you're feeling better and know you have friends over the water.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I for one believe Muslims/Hindus/FSM believers are just as wrong as Christians...they all base their belief on pseudo-science and have ZERO evidence to rationalize their belief. Nothing wrong with that, they're allowed to follow a fairy tale...as long as they don't harm anyone in the process.

Happy?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

ATS's Own Motto (From About ATS page) Deny Ignorance It is a statement against the paradigm. It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

Thank you. I read all the way to this before answering. I know I am one of the ones this post is directed at, and for the very reasons you posted, the complete denial of ignorance, (and stupidity) a statement against the paradigm, and a rage against the status quo. A rage against the machine that is the matrix of establishment.

I am an old man, but an educated man, and the funny thing is, I have been ostracized everywhere I have ever went until I came here. In here, I found other well read, intelligent folks, and realized that I am not alone after all. There are others like me. The old, established ways have to go, people. Way, way too many people have needlessly died on bloody battlegrounds over religion. It always boils down to that, in the end. Men and women have died to keep "The Red Menace" out of Korea, and then Viet Nam. then it was to keep "extremest Muslims" from living in their own country. Now our children fight "terrorists." How to you beat terrorism?

Like I said, I am a reader, I read some every day, and I learn a great many things. I see Christians come in here every day, spouting the same old things, posting endless Bible quotes, saying Jesus is coming, believe nothing but the Bible, UFOs are Satan's army. ET Beings are Demons, anyone not a Christian is going to Hell, on and on and on. Unlike most Christians, I have read the Bibles, and most every sacred book there is that is in English, and every book about religion I could ever put my hands on. When I write, I back myself up, unless it is theory, then I call it a theory. The Bible is NOT the words of God, or Jesus, and no matter how much you may want it to be, it is not.

We are closing fast on something big, not too much doubt of that, even if only human thought will create the end of the world, well then, it will end, for most everyone is thinking it will. I am beginning to ascend, I can feel it. I have had some really supernatural experiences that I cannot explain, and have had what I am certain are ET Beings tell me thing concerning the world, the cycles of Earth, and the fact that a cycle is almost over. I am trying to help everyone to ascend. If I could, I would take every living soul along with with me, for I have seen the future, and it is a bright one indeed. To simply sit and believe a superman is coming to save you, and not doing a damn thing to help yourself along is ignorant, to me, and I am quite sure to many of you too. So yes, I expose religious faith for what it is. I make no bones about it, for anyone can learn what I have, it is not a secret, or hidden away anywhere. The computer is the best library in the world, with it one can learn anything at all. So damn me if you will, I have a very think skin. I am used to being called crazy, nuts, needs meds, belongs in a mental ward, satanist, demon, antichrist. In the area I live in, Intelligence is looked down upon, everyone is supposed to be ignorant and stupid and normal. Well, I am not normal in any way. I would tell you all just how much I am not a normal human being, but that would open a can of worms too, and I have open a few already.

Thanks for listening to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

WHY GOD HATES SIN

This right here is what I rail about. If you read about the Sumerian stories, Yahweh and Sin are brothers. So now God hates his own brother? I thought God did not hate?
Sin is not a thing you do, it is a proper noun. Sin was a Babylonian God, and brother to Yahweh, husband to Ningal/Nikkal. Sin was known in Sumeria as the "Lord of the Gods and Goddesses."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am amazed how many folks who call themselves Christians, go to churches and follow pastors, preachers or priests, that DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST's example.

I hear THAT! I live in Southern Ohio, bible Belt country. The town I live in is full of Christians, and I have to say, they are the most hateful, spiteful bunch I have ever came across. Act like Jesus? No way!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Doesn't this whole battle of unprovable beliefs on possibly unanswerable questions get old to anyone else? No side has any ability to definitively prove their case to their opponent. If that is possible at all given mankind's tendency for Confirmation Bias. So, my question is simple, why bother? Why not leave it alone?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Probably going to cause a fuss but i don't like unfalsifiable beliefs because it promotes false hope and unnecessary fear. Especially to the suggestable mind of a child. I believe we should value the pursuit of truth, and have a reason to assert a belief.

I don't buy fraudulent professions such as "Psychics" "Fortune Tellers" "Tarot Card Readers "Astrologists" - They all make claims to revealed wisdom that cannot be verified under reasonable experimental conditions. The same goes for the metaphysical claims of some religions (Hell, Heaven, Sins, Prayers, Reincarnation)

I think it's an important discussion and debate, to share non-believers and Atheists point of view and opinions to those who are undecided, or not educated in religions or philosophy of religion. I'd sooner educate someone on religion than indoctrinate them with one specific religion.

I'd never lie or misrepresent a religion. I have reasons and history of evidence to form my concerns. I'm not here just to cause a fuss, I'm here to offer my point of view, which is shared by many Atheists and non-believers.
edit on 29/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

The new trend is to simply say that 'Jesus never existed'. It seems to be less prone to backfire than the standard 'Jesus is evil' path, because at least with the latter, one at least acknowledges that Jesus did, in fact, exist.

I credit zionism with the movement. They just can't handle that they fell in to a trap when they called him a heretic and then enjoyed seeing Jesus suffer. True to form, jews do believe, to this day, that he was given his just reward. You only hear mention of Jesus from them when they wish to rope us in to a war. The organized Christians seldom fail to agree with whatever comes across the media. Must fight War for israel. Must stop global warming. Poor israel yada yada yada.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

Negative! Bulls-it!
The Mods and Staff do a great service to you and I and everyone on this great site. You need to appreciate that.

edit on 29-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Missed you randy

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
why is it ok?
because people are entitled to their own opinion.
abrahamists need to stop saying anyone who says anything against their religion shouldnt be saying it because it offends them.
well excuse me but if i believe abrahamism to be false that is my right just as much as it is my right to express that opinion.
abrahamists interpret the opinion of anyone who disagrees as hate and contempt and start s**ting bricks.
any opinion that does not line up with your beliefs is considered hatred.
abrahamists believe their beliefs to be the one and only truth without question so if anyone criticizes their religion they cannot fathom that there are any flaws in their beliefs so the only answer must be that people are just trying to hate on you because you are a "follower of God".
So should i make an exception and keep my opinion to myself just so you wont be offended?
i dont think so. i have a right to my opinion. as do the debunkers. people need to learn how to accept criticism and stop expecting non abrahamists to make special exceptions just for you. we aren't putting guns to your head telling you to recant your faith or forcing you to read our posts.
i shouldnt have to give up my rights because i dont share your beliefs. and you do not have the right to be offended because someone is debunking your religious beliefs. your mind sets dont allow for anything that isnt a compliment or validation of your beliefs.
If i see abrahamism as damaging in society it is my right and duty to speak out against it just as many of you feel it is your duty to "save" non believers.
as for people thinking others criticize abrahamism because it is "cool"...that is another flawed theory.
as i said abrahamists cannot fathom that their beliefs are flawed so if someone is speaking out against it then it must be because of hatred or maybe brainwashing and trying to impress others because otherwise everyone would believe, right?
afraid not.
i, myself, am not an immature kid who feels the shallow need to do something because it is cool, Im not in high school anymore.
also the majority of people worldwide belong to some type of abrahamic religion so to say the opposite is the trend and that you are minorities is a lie.
If anything i see christians harassing non believers and spitting constant bible verses at them more than anything, this site included.

ATS will not take down threads that are against abrahamists because those people are entitled to their opinions and this is a site for alternative information, not mainstream religious propaganda. if you dont like it dont read it.

Also for anyone who wants to say i dont know what i am talking about and that i need more knowledge about what abrahamists believe and why, i will mention this, i was a catholic school teacher for more than 6 years, i know the bible front to back, and i know the difference between the different denominations as well since this was a common question i would get. i also know what is in the koran as well, since the majority of my friends were muslim and saw my disapproval of christianity as an opportunity to try to convert me, which they failed at miserably. so i know what you believe and why. that doesnt automatically mean i will think it is all good and theres no harm in it.

anyways the reason i include all abrahamists and not just christians in my my reply is because what the OP posted is a common complaint from jews, christians and muslims.

and no, i dont have a problem speaking my opinion of islam either, no matter how many will talk crap to me.
i am entitled to that opinion as well and disagreeing and criticizing them does not make me a hater.
even though im sure many who read this will say i am. i will not be manipulated by any abrahamists who pull the PC card and/or the victim card on me. I have every right to disagree with you and disapprove of your beliefs and actions, as do others.

also for anyone wondering, im not an athiest, if i were to define my spiritual beliefs and put a label on them...ill say for that sake that i am gnostic (not agnostic for those who dont know).

so if anyone wants to debunk or criticize my beliefs and opinions go ahead but i can assure you of one thing.
i wont be crying and s**ting bricks about it nor will i complain to the moderators that i am being bullied because your differing opinion offends me. i am not that insecure in my beliefs that i need validation from others and cant stand criticism.
I think many abrahamists get offended easily because THEY are the insecure ones and need validation of their beliefs.

i dont say all this because i want others to believe as i believe and ruin the sanctity of your abrahamic religions (you do a good enough job on your own). i could care less what you believe, but dont try to take away my right to express my opinion because it is contrary to yours.

i am not going to change your opinion and you wont change mine, like some people have mentioned
LET IT GO!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join