It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

so you're saying that the bible told u why there would be hate towards christians?? just so you know there are people who do believe in god and jesus .but they dont believe in the church.. as its filled with ignorance and intolerance.. and the leaders are leading the rest astray.. which is also stated in the bible..

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
Do you know the difference between opinion and behavior? Your response is exactly the attitude which is so wrong. You don't care if people don't want to have your religion shoved in their face, you're going to do it anyway.

I sure do. And there is nothing you can say that offends me. If I don't like what you are doing, then I will walk away. What you are asking other people to do is to change to meet your standards.

What you are doing is nothing less than playing the victim as a means of getting peoples opinions you don't like from being presented. Thats it. And just so you know, it's the exact same thing Christians do many times. Say something bad about the religion and they get offended.

Trying to create a world in which nobody says something offensive is pointless. You can't do it, and the only way you are going to do it is to become an even greater evil than that of Christians. What is needed is for people to stop being offended by other peoples points of view and learn to live and let live. PERIOD. So I do not care if you are offended, that is your own problem not mine. I do not care if Christians are offended when I say I think the Church is the church of Satan either. If they are offended, then it's their problem.

If I become offended by your opinions, then that is my problem. Get it?

No, I'm going to blame religion on fostering this idea that birth control is bad, that abortion is a sin, that every sexual act should end up in another human being.

You might be "pretty sure", but you're wrong. You have no idea about the concept of peak oil as so aptly demonstrated by your comments. Sort of like your opinions on overpopulation.

Instead of just believing something, and then vigorously defending it, why don't you actually research it (through unbiased sources, not some religious based website) and then develop an informed opinion?

You see, that's where it gets dangerous, when you start believing your opinions are just as valid as someone else's information which is based on FACT. It's not. Your opinion that we have enough oil is dangerous. Your attempt to influence others as to the validity of your opinion is equally dangerous.

And just like everyone else, you make assumptions about me. You assume I am a Christian because I speak up. You assume I don't research my thoughts. You assume I just accepted everything. You assume there is no logic to my thoughts. But let me go ahead and clue you in. I do not believe, I know. I do not have faith. I do not accept things because a man or bible said it.

You have no idea just how informed my opinion is. None at all. But another thing I'm sick of is having these stereotypes thrown on me. Just as you have done. You literally have no idea, and you are just making baseless claims on me.

And then you point out other peoples opinions as being dangerous. No. I'm sorry but you do not even know what I think. Whats dangerous is when you go around grouping people up and thinking you know what they think. You don't.

It is a fact that Christians many times speak out inappropriately about their religion. Please show me where I have made a statement of fact which was incorrect.

I'm not even Christian, I actually follow Jesus. Go ahead and look at my profile. You will find the most devout Christians have me as a foe. But apparently in your little dualistic perspective there is no room for such, it's all black and white, and is the same low level of thinking of those you point fingers at.

Let's go over this again.

You seem to think that empirical evidence is the same thing as opinion. It's not. You treat your feelings and beliefs as if they are as valid as scientific research. When I drop a rock and it falls to the earth because of gravity, that is a fact. It has been proven, it is repeatable. I can demonstrate it for you. A magical sky friend who needs our prayers and petitions is a belief. You cannot prove to me that this being exists, that this being needs our prayers, and that this being really gives a damn about us.

Fact and belief are not the same.

Your beliefs are not wrong, your opinions are not wrong, but your behavior is wrong. It is wrong to expect others to accept your beliefs as fact. It is wrong to attempt to force others to live in a world which reflects your unfounded beliefs.

When your beliefs lead you to action and those actions are often offensive, intrusive or downright dangerous, others have every right to object. Allowing someone to continue in their delusion is fine, but when those delusions infringe on others, when they attempt to shape the world to match their deluded thinking, that causes problems.

Do you understand now? No one is saying you can't have your imaginary friend, it's when you expect us to accommodate this belief where it gets to be a problem.

I get that you believe anything which isn't in your perspective is by default not possible or imaginary. Again, you don't even know me. You have no idea what my beliefs or actions are. Because I stood up and said your level of thinking is low, you automatically equate me with everyone who claims to be Christian.

Let me give you a hint. I think BOTH sides are blind to the truth. I think BOTH sides are based on the same low levels of thinking.

You are no different than a Christian. You don't see it, but I do. Everything you blame Christians about, you also do. You ridiculed me this entire post. You degraded me your entire post. Right down to calling anything I believe imaginary. No matter if you realize it or not, you are trying to "shape the world to match your deluded thinking".

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by Boogley

so you're saying that the bible told u why there would be hate towards christians?? just so you know there are people who do believe in god and jesus .but they dont believe in the church.. as its filled with ignorance and intolerance.. and the leaders are leading the rest astray.. which is also stated in the bible..

And? Did I say anything about the Church? I know what prophecies are in the Bible, I know of the false prophets.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Right. Although how often is Church made into a God? Whereas, the "real deal" has nothing to do with it, as my points earlier addressed.

its easy to see that the church is touted as the church of god but its history of totalitarian control, of scripture and people, speaks volumes

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

i alluded to the why not to the scripture that it'll happen

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Not at all...

Most scholars agree that the most accurate definition is closer to "Murder" as Jesus cleared up for us when he came and taught the Pharisees.

There are many allowances in the bible for Soldiers, Warriors and those that enforce the law of the land.

Read Romans when you get a chance; it will ease your mind

Semper

You are a follower of Paul, not Jesus. You're right, Christianity is all about killing people. We can look at 1600 years of history and see it. Christianity is the religion of Satan. But you do not follow Jesus.

The only place such allowances are made are in the teachings of Paul, not in Jesus. You had to quote Paul to justify your actions, not Jesus.

You say that the only authority is that of God, when Jesus says the prince of the world comes and has nothing for Jesus. Jesus says multiple times this is not his kingdom, and that people who believe will be persecuted til the end.

The authority of this world is Satan and that is who you serve. Romans does not ease my mind, it proves that Christianity is the anti-christ religion.

It is Satan who sees Jesus as a sacrifice of the truth, so that the lie of this world can live, and that is the lie you serve. You follow the broad path that is full of death and destruction.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by Boogley

i alluded to the why not to the scripture that it'll happen

I'm unsure as to what you are saying..? Are you asking me to quote them to you or...? Or are you just uh.. agreeing that it's been predicted and happening?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

its easy to see that the church is touted as the church of god but its history of totalitarian control, of scripture and people, speaks volumes

Ditto! So would it be any surprise that if there is a God (and I believe so) that there would prove to be a time where HE himself would end the hypocrisy? Would this not rock the religious world and create panic? Could this not be part of the energy we feel in the earth today?

Gerbils climbing all over each other to get to the top, only to have others climbing over them.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You are a follower of Paul, not Jesus. You're right, Christianity is all about killing people. We can look at 1600 years of history and see it. Christianity is the religion of Satan. But you do not follow Jesus.

Just as the Bible is a lie, within a lie, within the Truth!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well I mean, from a religious stand point it is written that God will end it. It wouldn't surprise me and I really can't wait but you know...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

or it's just a very misunderstood book, which is my vote. people are really hard on each other, this much is evident. the hebrews were actually tame compared to many of their contemporaries of the time of the OT. so i think, regardless of the whys and wherefores, it has been an important piece of our history

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotp
reply to post by infolurker

Whilst plenty of people have died as a result of both religion and atheism, I don't think it's fair to tar followers of either doctrine with the same brush. I don't believe the Christian posters on this board are responsible for the crusades, nor do I believe the atheists here are responsible for the actions of Hitler or Stalin. In both sides of that argument those in power have corrupted doctrines to serve their own twisted needs. Of course that is wrong, but it has nothing to do with the average ATS poster.

Actually Hitler was not an atheist, he believed in the bibles god.

Hitler held strong faith in all his convictions. He justified his fight for the German people and against Jews by using Godly and Biblical reasoning. Indeed, one of his most revealing statements makes this quite clear:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

nobeliefs.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66
reply to post by Hellish-D

I do have a baseball

Christ saved me from a life of addiction - nothing else did or nothing else has ever kept me clean.

Christ didn't lay a hand on you. Your own power and will saved you, not an abstract concept of an ancient religious icon. Although you may feel that you could never have done it without Jesus, you certainly could have. Had you felt that strongly about Aum, or a dead relative, or someone you loved, or a speck of dust, it was in you.

If you've ever seen Spaceballs, there's a quote that applies.

Yogurt: Use the Schwartz, Lone Starr! Use the Schwartz!
Lone Starr: I can't - I lost the ring!
Yogurt: Forget the ring! The ring is bubkis! I found it in a cracker jack box!

Christ came from a crackerjack box

And therein lies the problem with religion. It takes the power from the individual and applies it somewhere else. It's goal is to degrade the individual and turn him into a faceless cash crop of the church.

And yes, it's true that the church no longer has such a prominent role in Christianity, but old habits die hard.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Well I mean, from a religious stand point it is written that God will end it. It wouldn't surprise me and I really can't wait but you know...

If God is a God of truth, then wouldn't he step forward? He already has lifted the veil and is doing major exposure of everyone and everything. Christianity has lost a big foothold (unlike the past).

Watch and see what happens! Knowledge is coming out from many avenues, including science. Truth is being exposed along with lies. These are real indicators, to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

or it's just a very misunderstood book,

Oh, I couldn't agree more!! Look to my threads! I love to explore this book that I believe was written as a mystery novel. Check out below on Judas vs. Paul!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

Just as the Bible is a lie, within a lie, within the Truth!

Yes, and I find myself stuck between people who have either bought the lie, or those who argue against the lie, but it is very rare to see someone who speaks or understands the truth within. I'd say 95%(yes, made up stat) of this thread is a debate over the lie, not one what is true.

If there is a hell, I am no doubt in it today. Stuck in a world of hypocrisy and lies.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

I totally agree with the OP that Christianity is always under attack on here but you never see other faiths attacked. There is a war on Christianity and it's only beginning.

Also, Jesus doesn't need for us to defend Him - He'll do it Himself. Keep that in mind. And, he said not to cast pearls before the swine, so remember that the next time you feel drawn into an arguement with someone spewing lies about Christianity.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Ron Paul Girl]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, and I find myself stuck between people who have either bought the lie, or those who argue against the lie, but it is very rare to see someone who speaks or understands the truth within. I'd say 95%(yes, made up stat) of this thread is a debate over the lie, not one what is true.

If there is a hell, I am no doubt in it today. Stuck in a world of hypocrisy and lies.

Well you are not in it alone, my friend! The lies are being exposed whether anyone likes it or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I agree with you, I think the time of Gods millennium is coming. It amazes me (I was just talking to my mom about this yesterday) how when I was a child I couldn't ever imagine any of these prophecies coming true, I just couldn't see it. But now I'm amazed at how everything is falling into place. And how fast it's happening. But I agree with you, with everything that is going on today I do believe it is related to the end times.. or rather than "end times" more like "Gods return."

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Again, there are hundreds of threads in this forum alone attacking Jews and Islam....

And as someone said before, there's a difference between debunking and attacking.

And to the 'pearls before swine' comment, I've always taken that to be an example of turning a blind eye to open debate, thus, embracing ignorance at it's core.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join