It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am a Soldier, Marine and Law Enforcement Officer.

I am also a Christian.

1Let every person(A) be subject to the governing authorities. For(B) there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you(C) will receive his approval, 4for(D) he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God,(E) an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also(F) for the sake of conscience. 6For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7(G) Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Online Bible

The only hypocrisy is what you are perceiving and what is apparently a misconception of Christianity.

Semper

[edit on 2/8/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Have you killed anyone? This is directly against the word of God in the ten commandments, regardless of what a story in the Bible says. Though SHALT NOT KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hypocricy I tell you, HYPOCRICY!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

i would never kill you in real life, but i might pvp against you n an online game. (player vs. player). difference is, one is a game and the other is reality. i can separate those.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Killing one in ones mind is still killing. The karma of the soul is not shielded by a computer screen.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

For us Rational Thinkers...there's a constant stream of evidence that
god & imaginary friends are Hard Wired in our brains...
essentially for survival

see this short ~250 word article from the UK on 5 Feb '09:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

God & voices & the supernatural are good for younsters
then as we age, the moral imperative rises above the supernatural aspects,
but both phases are positive for a cohesive 'community' & network.
so... you 'believers' aren't ALL that bad...
Wit: a silent moral majority of youse elected the 2 Regan & 3 Bush regimes & had the reigns on America for a generation...

[edit on 8-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good Morning,

Here is a link that condenses the "healing miracles" of Jesus.

www.ccel.org...

One of my favorites is:

Luke 5:17-26 - One day while Jesus was teaching (after curing the leper and going out to lonely places where he could pray), some Pharisees and experts in the Law were sitting near him. They had come out of every village in Galilee and Judea as well as from Jerusalem. God's power to heal people was with him. Soon some men arrived carrying a paralytic and they kept trying to carry him in to put him down in front of Jesus. When they failed to find a way of getting him in because of the dense crowd, they went up on to the top of the house and let him down, bed and all, through the tiles, into the middle of the crowd in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, "My friend, your sins are forgiven."

The scribes and the Pharisees began to argue about this, saying, "Who is this man who talks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins? Only God can do that."

Jesus realized what was going on in their minds and spoke straight to them.

"Why must you argue like this in your minds? Which do you suppose is easier - to say, 'Your sins are forgiven' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? But to make you realize that the Son of Man has full authority on earth to forgive sins - I tell you," he said to the man who was paralyzed, "get up, pick up your bed and go home!"

Instantly the man sprang to his feet before their eyes, picked up the bedding on which he used to lie, and went off home, praising God. Sheer amazement gripped every man present, and they praised God and said in awed voices, "We have seen incredible things today."

God Bless You All!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

so when you help to incite the deaths of others by your vocal disdain for their belief systems, you are not also guilty of karmic debt? since you took part in what amounted to the deaths of others by inciting it in others who might be less controlled than yourself. when you play chess and take the king off the board, you've essentially killed him. is this not a perceived killing? you wanna be reasonable?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

That is not a question I will answer here on a public forum board.

However, I understand what you are getting at and again, it is simply a misunderstanding of Christianity that is apparent.

There are many Warriors in the history of Christianity, the bible is chock full of their lives and their stories.

Also remember what Jesus said:

16(V) And behold, a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to(W) have(X) eternal life?" 17And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good.(Y) If you would enter life, keep the commandments." 18He said to him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, (Z) "You shall not murder,

Online Bible

Notice the word is "Murder"

Semper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No I haven't steered my Karma in either direction while I've been here, I'm just asking a simple question why is the Christian religion so hypocritical. No one can answer it and all anyone has done is furthered my resolve of the fact the this religion is rediculous.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Every prophecy of the bible leads me to believe the prophecies are really secret long term plans, that were set out before a secret society that is evil, and manipulating multiple religions and governemnts, and will in the end take power and force its power by chipping, and killing those who dont go along. I.E in the face of an option to advance and stay free, humans are stupid as heck and decide to follow a faulty leader and let fear rule them, its sad. I for one would fight to see the bible left unfulfilled, in fact I think almost every religious text are really just distraction methods for long time secret societies who turn islamists into terrorist, christians into control freaks preaching damnation or hating gays..I can prove my point better. Its just stubborn christians and muslims and tibetens never listen.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fact is your hypocritical because you aren't following your own laws, how can a christian be a soldier if the Ten Commandments say that it isn't the path of GOD. Constant contradiction of beliefs, how is this an exceptable path in life?

Regardless of anything else you say, you cannot disagree that you are in direct VIOLATION of these commandments. And truthfully they are only there for show because these LAWS are constantly being broken.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
semper,

real, perceived, it's all being tossed into the same basket by tnt, who claims it's a karmic debt generator. sports players are also in trouble since they often injure one another (and sometimes accidentally kill) in their attempts to win the game it's also an accident but had you not been playing the sport that wouldn't have happened... and then we get into manslaughter by vehicle in auto accidents and it gets more and more refined. eventually everyone is piled up to the ceiling iwith karmic debts that they can paste on each other.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

Obviously you did not read the link I presented as it directly shows that you are wrong in your assumptions

Education is the key here

Semper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You don't think there's a possibility that passage may have been embellished somewhat by the Christian authorities over time? It just seems a little convenient to me, the whole 'respect (obey) the government & pay your taxes' thing...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have a question,
????????????????

All well and good this search for truth, and the interest in debunking the Bible.

But?

What does it profit a person?

What do you hope to gain?

Is it anyone's business what another believes?

If Christians are not harming anyone at this point in time, why are people so concerned?

Leave them alone, sheeese.

Christianity has evolved into mostly a social club.

Many churches evolved into charitable organizations.

Is to examine the truthfulness of anything Christian motivated by an agenda, to undermine its credibility and totally destroy this faith.

I have seldom seen a topic attacking Hinduism or Buddhism or any other ism, and believe me they have a history that hasn't been westernized.

Come on people so mommy made you go to church on Sunday and it has scared you for life, get over it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So you don't follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS?????????? Isn't this the guideline of your religion or am I mistaken. Does no one else see the clear hypocricy here, the clear double standard.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

I actually have no intent on either arguing or defending my specific beliefs, but I will answer your question.

No I do not believe that it has been embellished or changed in any way.

Semper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Killing someone without preconceived thought is not KARMA!!!!!!! Accidental death would not be considered under this guideline, again don't try to press your hypocritical beliefs on me because you can't fill the holes in your own religion.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

As you have either not read the link I provided or possibly do not/can not comprehend what it says, I can only tell you that I have answered your question and that you are either confused or simply trying to argue for the sake or argument, as you have no real point that you are making.

Simply and succinctly as I can.

When Jesus came he took us out from under the law and placed us under Grace. It is His teaching that I follow and if you simply READ the link, you will see very clearly the word "MURDER"

Now if you wish to continue on your present tact, I can only assume you have no comprehension or are just here to "play around" and I truly have more serious things to do than play.

Semper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13

So you don't follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS?????????? Isn't this the guideline of your religion or am I mistaken. Does no one else see the clear hypocricy here, the clear double standard.

No one follows the Ten, I broke some, so what, some of us try, it is a guideline,

Actually there are over 600 commandments.

sigh

If I had to defend myself or a loved one it is possible I would break number 6.

I can't see myself doing it but

Let's do a survey and see how many commandments ATS Christians break,

This is ridiculous.

[edit on 102828p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join