It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
When people say beliveing in santa clause is childish... is that insulting?

What about the tooth fairy or the easter bunny?

Being wrong is always hard. Learning always hurts if your attached to who you thought you were.

Imagine if it is all myth.. to help people get through hard times. There are always talk of heros and champions while the populus suffers.

When a belief is based upon removing all reasonable doubt from your mind... everyone should be concerned. Reason is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Does anyone else get BORED by long posts full of quotes?

I know I do - why not keep it short and to the point (yawn).

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Hi Wert,

Wasn't meaning you.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Agreed!

It's all a power trip to rip off the brain dead. Those living in fear. Those whom choose to crawl under a rock. Those who wish to worship an Icon of the dead. It's sick..

It's all about money. The root of all evil..GREED.. One of the 7 deadly sins.

If there is a God and Devil. Then the church was built by the Devils design.
Placing false hopes and promoting death.

I notice a lot more churches and liquor stores in the poorest neighborhoods. The uneducated. The weak minded.

Can we say Prey on the weak?

People are beginning to open their eyes because of education.
The church isn't liking that. That's why the education system in the US sucks.

The less you know, the more they can control.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

These are the ends of times, were christian will be persecuted and Aliens will be introduced to the public, weather they really exist or not...
Check my opinion in details on the following thread link, (It includes pictures of real Nazis UFO shaped disks):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
To me, it's more annoying than anything else. But, it just doesn't sit well with me, that this is totally off-leash, and in my opinion, practically encouraged by it's blatant lack of restraint or monitoring by ATS staff.

The simple answer as to why this site allows the questioning of the Bible, and Jesus etc. is in it's motto - DENY IGNORANCE.

For too long Christianity (in western society) has dominated peoples thoughts and actions.

ATS allows people to voice their true opinion, expose truth and discuss with like minded people. This is something NO church encourages.

So what SCARES the hell out of me is that the ATS staff may buckle to your unrealistic request to vet, or censor info on ATS.

If it bothers you that much, why not go to a different site? That's an honest question by the way - I am not trying to be a jerk.

The day I think ATS staff are censoring posts on this site I will be gone!

FREE SPEECH ALLOWS PEOPLE TO BE BETTER INFORMED!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If god hated satan so much then why not do away with him and stop beating around the bush? Supposedly god can create the earth in a few days, but takes forever to wipe out evil. Maybe god and satan doesn't exist at all. Maybe god doesn't give a crap. Maybe god is letting the game play on. I think there is always going to be good/bad positive/negative rules. Imagine a world of pure love eeek! imagine a world of pure evil eeek! Imagine a world balanced aahh now that's bliss, ill take a double shot of that

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Hi,
Forgive me for not reading all the way through the thread before posting.

A simple answer to your original question would be that quite a few threads are begun by Christian people asking Why? type questions to understand why it is that people do not believe, are against this Belief-System, etc. Of course there are others started by those who aren't Christian and are seeking either to debunk or open discussions to find answers to their questions.

Either way, if anyone is upset by the threads and responses, whether Christian or not, they do not have to read or respond to the threads.

As simplified as is my response, I think it covers most of what you sought to understand in the OP question.

Be well

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Hell is as real as your recycle bin on your pc. And to all you other folks that seem intellectual. pfff

The Gospel is a marvel. I am not at all religous btw. I'm no Christian but ...a follower of Yeshua.

We are ALL prisoners of rebell angels. This very web site lends credibility to the word.

I won't go into detail anymore unless you ask for it. If you want to trancend with your nasty self centered typical thinking go for it. I'm pretty sure all that will happen in "The End" if you reject this reality is you that you will be sent to an area or dimension that the creator has withdrawn his presence from. A place without LOVE or HOPE. NONE,Nodda,Zilch! So you see?...It really is a choice most don't understand. The creator of the universe is Yeshua. Like it or not. Ok bash on....

[edit on 8-2-2009 by firegoggles]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Contend for the faith....this is all that need be said about those who would question or even ridicule Christianity. No individual can save another. Only God can do that. One can only speak of their own faith and show genuine compassion as Christ would to those hurting. You need not concern yourself with the response to your message if you are a true Christian, even if it is vile and unfair. Our lot is to meerly contend for the faith.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sticks and stones ... I grew up being ridiculed about belonging to the Episcopal church. Town where I grew up if you weren't a Baptist first, Methodist second ... well, you were nothing! As an adult, I ended up homeless and God led me to a ministry. Ministers were homeless once so they know the ups and downs of real life! Three months after being with these people I was born-again. My heart has changed in ways I couldn't imagine. The girl who flashed her breasts from Maine to California, not to mention other things! Having Jesus in my heart has really changed me so much. I wouldn't let go of Jesus for anything or anyone. I got mad at work and said something I shouldn't have. Boss said what words for a Christian. Told him being a Christian doesn't make me perfect, it means I love Jesus Christ more than anything on this earth. He is my savior!

Someone once said as long as they talk about you, it's ok. It's when they stop talking you need to worry.

May I suggest a book, The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel ... awesome reading!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

The reason why Chirstian skeptics are so rampant is because they wan't everyone to believe as they believe, and they are hellbent on destroying anyones sanctity at whatever cost.

They are more than likely insecure with themselves, any intelligent person knows that trying to converge someone's belief is usually a very hard thing to do, especially when it comes to religion.

I have never had a Buddhist, Sikh or a Muslim knock on my door and try to indoctrinate me into their religion, I have however had numerous Christian groups try and convert and 'save' me. Some of them just don't understand 'no thanks' and are back the next week after the main Elder (?) tells the 20 year old elder to go back and try again, crikey, no wonder Christians that went to Afghanistan after being told not to preach conversion to muslims got their heads cut of by furious muslims that warned them not to come to their country and preach conversion, they lied about what they were doing and then went ahead and did what they said they wouldn't.

??

And then they got all upset, because what they were told might happen, happened. Go figure out the South Korean Christians, if you can.

I think that paying homage to a creator is a private matter and discussion of unproveable things is fraught with danger.

I also think that most of religious people are more prone to defend their religions customs and traditions more than they think about paying an honour to their God.

I seriously doubt whether a God would have designed and insisted upon the use of, golden robes, pointy hats, staffs with inscriptions.

Perhaps you are insulated from reality because you live in a nice town.
Yes people from all religions are still people, good and bad.
You would have to agree that if a particular group or members of a group did you harm, or worse, you would remember it.
If you came across people from that group again, the first thing that is going to happen is remembrance of a tragedy. and it will hurt again.

I think speaking in biblical style with biblical terminology is strange, some folks are very religious and nearly every word is some quote from the bible or their flavour of text.

I am also more than aware that people copy each other and also conform to fit in and be accepted.

I have noted that Christian areas produce Christian kids, Muslim areas produce Muslim kids and Buddhist areas produce Buddhist kids.

Do I need to go on, probably.

Oh yes, one of my family members was murdered by (good Christian boys, because he was a Protestant and he had just got a job, and they missed out, murder was their solution). I also have had an experience that nearly cost me my life, due again, to good Christians.

So, needless to say, I am less than impressed.

But, I also realise that a lot of nice people are religious, and that is a good thing for them, it works for them. Whatever that religion is.

If a nice man or woman wishes me well in their style and that happens to include a God bless you or May Jesus walk with you, then so be it, they were after all, just wishing me good.

I have found some rather disturbing texts in Jewish texts and Muslim texts.
I cannot understand how they could ever have been accepted, or where they came from.

It's just too confusing.

I am not a complete atheist, things have happened to me that certainly suggest an afterlife, or something strange going on that we just cannot perceive in totality.

I am not though, a subscriber to any man made club. They have, and will continue to be the primary cause of friction between the various cultures on the planet, because too much blood has been spilt to ever forget, and each considers the others wrong.

I look at the Taliban, as far as I can make out, these are students of Islam and that's about it, religion and nothing else, see the loons they turn out.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi there

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
Before I begin tearing holes in posters and their posts

You've been here since '07, so you know the rules by now, I'm sure. Post only, never the poster. The minute it gets personal is the minute you cross over the line.

First of all, IF there are threads out there, that are attacking other religions, I wasn't able to find them. So, at the very least, Christianity seems to be assaulted more than any other belief system on this site.

Oh...really?

You must have missed the threads where muslims have been described as "filthy animals", and all the stuff where its implied that Islam is a foul despicable religion that promotes hatred and death then?

I'm sure you can't have missed those posters who call for nukes to be dropped on certain countries solely because their population is muslim?

Maybe you've missed the ones from people advocating the destruction of the jewish faith and jewish peoples solely because they are different - suggesting that the Nazi's were right in their actions and that the holocaust in WW2 never happened but instead is a publicity stunt by Israeli's?

You've not been looking very hard have you?

(And heres something to ponder - the very worst excess of that kind of post are removed from the board immediately before most people get to even see them, because staff are present 24/7)

I don't see anything like those things pointed in the way of mainstream Christianity - do you?

I am, by no means, a hard core "Christian". But, I have encountered friction from ATS staff before, for counter-attacking rude site members, "haters", people with obviously negative agendas, and others that seem to be given free run by staff to attack and bully. And, I am sure I will encounter the same friction here.

See the bold there? If you go after the person, you are just as bad as they are in the eyes of the T&C. There is an alert button. Its there so you can ask the staff to review a post and take action if necessary. Its what the board moderators do. Playing vigilante poster doesn't help, in fact it creates an even further hostile atmosphere that in turn brings on more problems.

To me, it's more annoying than anything else. But, it just doesn't sit well with me, that this is totally off-leash, and in my opinion, practically encouraged by it's blatant lack of restraint or monitoring by ATS staff. Glaringly so in the shadow of all the other attempts that are made to protect and cushion the feelings of other groups of site members.

The next time a post appears on the board advocating the death of all christians solely for their beliefs, let me know and I'll personally remove it, and I'm sure the other staff would feel the same way.

Similarly, the next time someone comes on to ATS and describes all christians as filthy muslims hating terrorists who want to destroy the world, then I'll do the same, and I'm sure the other staff would too.

Why? Because that's hate speech.

The new rules are not about "cushioning the feelings of other groups of site members".

They are responding to pure, ignorant hatred and generalisation, for the sake of it.

Thats what is being cracked down on.

Its not difficult to spot the difference.

ATS is a discussion board. There will always be pro and negative viewpoints on any subject, including religion. Questions and mild criticism's aren't "hate". The examples I've given above are.

[edit on 8/2/09 by neformore]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to say this. But we all know why the try to debunk Christianity. We were told in the Bible it would happen. Oh well, just lets me know that we are getting closer.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
imagine some nice little old lady, sitting quietly at home with her pet cat, reading her bible. she doesn't watch tv other than perhaps sunday morning church services. she doesn't go out of her home and force her beliefs on anyone, and it's been 40 years since she voted. the door flings open and in marches angry people who have been manipulated via the popular press, secular schools, music, videos and internet forums, into believing it's the fault of people of religious bent that the world is such a mess.

that's your grandmom. that's your great aunt. etc. that's the nice lady who lives down the street. all she's done wrong is read and believe. but she's about to pay with her life.

THAT is why christians are getting jittery about anti-christian threads. The more that are posted, the closer little old ladies like the one i mentioned, are in danger of losing their lives. And we won't even get into the children and handicapped who would be sitting ducks in a shooting gallery.

if you consider yourself enlightened, be careful what you say in a christian bashing thread, because just like any holocaust, this could balloon out of control, killing many wonderful and innocent people on all sides of the equation.

guard your words.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

For too long Christianity (in western society) has dominated peoples thoughts and actions. ATS allows people to voice their true opinion, expose truth and discuss with like minded people. This is something NO church encourages.

This something that churches are positively terrified of, the thought of these sheople actually picking up their bibles and reading them sends the deluded pastors heads into a spin.

So the instruction to the minions are, be careful of other people satan works through them.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Usually it goes something like this..all anti-Christianity threads are allowed on ATS..Pro-Christianity threads get moved to BTS. Where are the attack Hinduism/Buddhism/confucianism threads? Not so many right?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Maybe it's because unbelievers are sick of being attacked by quotes from the bible.

Maybe it's because unbelievers don't take to well to being preached at?

Maybe it's because some people just won't be told how to live their lives (dictated to) by a book?

Maybe it's because it is now 2009 and the book is kinda out of touch?

Maybe it's because people have the right to choose?

Maybe it's because people have the right to question?

Maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join