It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox host: 9/11 truthers are 'mentally ill'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Personally, I think those who blindly accept what they are told, even when that contradicts what the evidence suggests, are mentally ill.

Just because a majority says something is so, doesn't make the minority wrong.

Those who question, inquire and search are proven to be more intelligent than those who accept what they are told without argument.
I'd rather have some blind idiot on a TV "news" station label me mentally ill, than be a blind idiot accepting what I'm told without having the basic capacity to consider the facts for myself.

One day people will know the truth, whatever truth that is (I am certain that what they state is not the truth), and then the memories of those who simply accepted it will be tarnished. They'll be recorded in history as dumb mofo's who were stupid enough to swallow the crap and ignore the evidence staring them in the face.

I wonder who will be labeled as mentally ill then?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Originally posted by ImaNutter
No one should be surprised by this, and I'm sure most people aren't. It is FOX NEWS we're talking about here. They love all and everything Bush, would die to protect his name, and hate everything and anything that isn't neo-con or republican. It's as simple as that.

ok. go back to watch MSNBC please.

Why would I watch MSNBC?

MSNBC loves all and everything Barack Obama, would die to protect his name, and hate everything and anything that isn't left or liberal. It's as simple as that.

They're essentially the same thing catering to two different sides of the dumbed down audience they play to.

Bill O'Reilly = Keith Olberman

I think this is obvious to those objective enough to look at it. Neither one has to be rational, objective, fair, or honest. They just have to spin things to their side... which is what they do. So now you have "liberals" spewing from the mouth what MSNBC told them to say and you have "republicans" spewing from the mouth what Faux News told them to say.

But nice try though, I got a laugh out of it

The fact of the matter is, when you research for yourself the information of 9/11 and rely simply on factual evidence.. it is completely obvious that "the official story" is a lie. What is the truth? We'll probably never know, but you can say with absolute certainty that what we were told by our government was a L.I.E.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Man i agree with your entire post...apart from this quote here

Personally, I think those who blindly accept what they are told, even when that contradicts what the evidence suggests, are mentally ill.

man you are starting to sound like Fox with that one seriously no one is mentally ill because of their beliefs I get so pissed off when I hear stuff like "oh you believe in Ghosts there must be something wrong with you" the same goes for life in outer space and the exact same for the people who haven’t woken up to the truth yet there is nothing wrong with a person because they are close minded or because of what they believe in so seriously if you want to improve yourself stop believing in stupid stereotypes in this world and stop labeling people this or that because of who they are

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are 9/11 Truthers mentally ill or just intellectual zealots? Some of the loudest ones on ATS definitely make you wonder.

I spend a lot of time in the 9/11 forums on these boards (hence my current "Warn" tag
), and by all means please go visit them.

Most of the threads generally devolve into something akin to a debate over biblical interpretation between a Baptist and a Catholic.

Ignorance and zealotry in any form does nothing for one's cause.

Fox News may not be entirely incorrect.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Mental illness is when you don't question
something that is so - in your face - questionable.
Will someone please call Fox News and give them the proper definition.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I couldn't agree more.

I think the real mental illness sweeping the nation extreme naivety.

So few people bother to do any critical thinking.

They watch the flickering box and accept it without the slightest doubt.

"He just sits, and listens to the people in the boxes
Everything he hears he absorbs and adopts it

Anything not coming out the box he blocks it
See he loves to box and hope they never stop it

Anything the box tell him to do, he does it
Anything it tell him to get, he shops and he cops it

He protects the box, locks it in a box
when he goes to sleep, but he never sleeps"

- "Instrumental" by Lupe Fiasco

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

I wish to reply to 'cogburn'

This user got a 'warning'....and whatever post that caused that 'warning' has been removed.

I've been there, done that....so it is not an issue, any more, about WHAT exactly caused the 'WARN' tag. Don't care, let's carry on the discussion.

Possibly repeating myself....I've determined that the term 'truther' is a pejorative meant to diminish anyone online who thinks that, after all these years, the 9/11 attacks were somehow 'orchestrated' by the Government.

OR, maybe it's the opposite....but WHO CARES????

It's been seven and a half years!!!!!! Sheesh!!! IF WE HAVE'NT figured out a conspirator, or conspirators, by now....then maybe it's time to realize that 9/11 was, indeed, carried out by a determined group of mostly Saudis.....who were zealous in their 'rightenous'.....and forgive my horrible spelling....

IF these men were stupid enough to believe that 72 virgins awaited them, after their deed....then they were simply idiotic to not realize that, they would then have 72 wives, to nag them for eternity.

Sorry, but SOMEBODY had to state the obvious!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It is interesting to me that those who call others "mentally ill" usually do it in the context of rabid hate and contempt, rather than with sympathy. If you truly believed that somebody was ill (mentally or otherwise), wouldn't sympathy rather than anger/hatred be the appropriate response?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There are ways to tell when a man is guilty, its when he runs at the sight of something that would expose a nefarious scheme, well I would say any media outlet that bashes 9-11 truthers, are themselves engaging in dominant mind controlling mockery. They know there are those people in america out there that cannot break out of the "normal" and seek more than the daily intake of jobs, fast food, and erand running.

So in diminishing truthers, they attempt to keep there cattle in the corral. As well they pump there fascistic mocking symolisms through everything.

The people of the world in order to be free from another man, is to end dependance on others through letting each other be free granted theres no natural psychological problem. THe world is better than the media and greedy power lusting sharks.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

silent thunder.....wise words.

To all: During the Bush (43) Administration....9/11 happened on THEIR Watch. OK, let's not assign blame, just for a moment....let's examine the events.

The greatest catastrophe since Pearl Harbor happened. AND, what did the Bush/Cheney group continue to repeat??? AFTER 9/11, no other equivalent terror attack occurred. Hmmmmm.......why not PREVENT the 9/11 attack in the first place?????

NO! The BS was clever......even THOUGH WE were the Administration that let the 9/11 happen, WE will never let anything like that happen again!!!

EVEN IF we have to sacrifice all of what we stand for as a Republic! Yup!!! It's a farce, but we have to show the idiot masses that we're in control....THAT was the last eight years, in essence.

A 'Commander' in Chief, who was dyslectic, could't tell his right hand from his left....and even his own Father wondered out loud WHY he had a 'Texas' accent although he was raised in Maine.....THIS idiot was the Head of State of the USA for eight years????

NO, there is no reason to call 9/11 'truthers' mentally ill. NOT after what we went through for the last eight years.....

Fox 'news' people should have their heads examined, firstly....THEN we can discuss.....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

oh yeah?
well YOU are mentally ill if you DON'T believe it.
fair?
fox is a living example of (the jist of) brave new world, 1984 and fahrenheit 451 (on steroids).

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I always find it amusing how the same who call President Bush a dullard and idiot also believe him to be the mastermind of the largest 'conspiracy' in history.

I would have thought the Bush bashing would have ended with B. Obama winning the presidency, but I guess some find it hard to let go.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

And did you know that popcorn is the gateway to immortality?

/facepalm

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

OK, WT.....what do you REALLY think?

Kidding, of course.....

I hate to repeat myself.....but, IF the events of 9/11 were somehow 'orchestrated'....then WHY wasn't another 'event' planned in order to guarantee a Republican victory in the latest Presidential Election???

Or, going back, why not scare the crap out of people before the 2006 Congressional elections????

See the lack of plausibility?????

Some hope to infer a massive Government conspiracy, based on only 9 months in Office....yet fail to realize that the next seven and a half years resulted in nothing but erosions of our dignity, and our rights, and the shredding of the Constitution along the way.

WAKE UP!!!!

Cheney/Bush (and I put that order intentionally) crapped up the fundamentals of our Constitution!!!!! WE NEED to fix it!!!!

WAKE UP!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
I spend a lot of time in the 9/11 forums on these boards

Fox News may not be entirely incorrect.

As Obi-Wan Kenobi said: "Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

It amazes me when people spend so much of their free time arguing with people they believe to be mentally ill.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the video on 9/11 of when it was reported that Tower 7 collapsed, but you could see it was still standing in the backround? Like uh, you were supposed to wait for the Bush Admin to tell you to report that because they had the bombs planted and were just waiting for the right moment. The moment Rudi, a Republican, said Pull It.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
the govt. created 911 truthers by not answering questions the american public had.

who created the movement? It was actually 911 family victims that's who
Most of them got really suspicious when they weren't allowed to hear the full audio of firefighters talking.

but fox news is right, if you don't believe jet fuel can melt metal then you are insane!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What qualifications does anyone at Fox have to label someone "mentally ill"?

To so brazenly label someone as ill because their opinion differ is no different then someone yelling the sky is falling.

I would in my opinion believe these MSM have some sort of God complex thinking their word is law and are to be followed without reverence to ones own views and thoughts.

How long have they been having these God complexes? Do they need therapy to help them with their delusions?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

1. Molten metal is an indication that thermite-type explosives may have been used. Heat from jet fuel and burning office furniture wouldn't have created molten metal.

2. If the buildings did collapse from weakened structure (not melted or molten), logic demands that the building would have collapsed asymmetrically, not the balanced manner all three buildings collapsed.

I'm not claiming with absolute certainty that this was planned implosives, but obviously the official story is seriously wanting, and there needs to be an equally serious investigation that passes the sniff test.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Armchair Philosopher

In respect to the Mental illness claim by Fox, claims like this have been made for years by the radical Right. They enjoy attacking their critics with this claim. But an accurate and honest appraisal shows that delusion has been all on the side of Right wingers, who have believed Bush's weak justifications for the invasion, and have thoroughly bought dozens of ridiculous claims made by Bushco. Indeed, it appears as if Projection is at play, in which one accuses others of the ills one possesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join