It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phil Schneider: Informant or Schizophrenic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Phil Schneider: Informant or Schizophrenic?

video.google.com

In his August 1995 lecture Phil procures various rocks including this one at 1hr13m50s in:He says this about it,(paraphrased):
"This is an Alien crystaline 11x harder than a diamond, 70x stronger, can withstand temps in excess 10,000f. Used for tiny windows of ships.

Now in his November 1995 lecture he produced a similar, possibly the same, rock in this video at 33m 30s :

This is a paraphrase of what he said: "tabular scalenhedral crystaline form 4x harder than diamond 4x tensile strength
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I am new to this forum, and not quite sure where to post normal threads. So if this is the wrong place for this, let me know.

I recently became intrigued with the character of Phil Schneider and proceeded to find out as much as I could. The story was intriguing, yet seemingly fantastic in nature. Now I should let everyone kn.w now, that I am neither a geologist nor psychologist. Everything I know has been from reading and research.

The question I pose, and will be the first to make sure I neither believe, nor disbelieve without rigorous research and expert opinion is this;
Was Phil all he claims to be, or is he a paranoid schitzophrenic, who's pyche seems to have split hinging into reality around a background in geology?

Now granted I have only done a very brief amount of research, but even within that time period I have seen huge problems with his story as well as his scientific rhetoric which sounds quite convincing. The first alarm bell hit with the continual references to the security clearance he had, this extremely high up Rhyolite clearance, which seems to not exist. Now I know that it could be argued that it is high enough up that it is top secret, but the fact that it does not fit into previously de-classifed clearance name formats(this is highly generalized), but rather is a type of pumice stone, seems to point more toward the geological fixtion throughout his lectures.

Ah, yes, now the lectures. So far I have taken the time to note the two following inconsistencies in facts about his geological evidence, the rest I leave up to you good people to find the others, there is definitely a pattern in the geological terms he uses, and he especially loves the phrase "scalenehedral crystaine" which he uses in variations including the latter, "scalenehedral metallic crystalline" "alien crystalline" and the list goes on. This phrase seems to encompass a variety of geological and chemical substances, including being an alien element, an alien geological formation as well as a type of heavy metal. Here is an example of a few inconsitences:

In his August 1995 lecture he procures various rocks including this one at 1hr13m50s in:
video.google.com...[Phil+Schneider+-+

He says this about it,(paraphrased): This is an Alien crystaline 11x harder than a diamond, 70x stronger, can withstand temps in excess 10,000f. Used for tiny windows of ships.

Now in his November 1995 lecture he produced a similar, possibly the same, rock in this video at 33m 30s
video.google.com...

This is a paraphrase of what he said: "tabular scalenhedral crystaline form 4x harder than diamond 4x tensile strength 45,000 f melting point."

Notice the similarities. It seems to be a reoccuring theme that he runs across, this "distinctly alien alloy/element/rock" that is scalenehedral crystalline. Here is a 10 second search result for that elusive alien material, Calcite.

www.minerals.net...

Again, I am not here to bust anyone, I just wanted to see what people had to say.

Cheers,
ELI

video.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Note to all,

I could have done a much more in depth article on this following along more scientific notation or journalistic lines, but it is near 2 am, and really this not something I feel super passionate about, as well as not being paid for. 0
I wanted to tie in better the fixations that paranoid schizophrenia brings out in patients as well as theories on possible triggers/archetypes created around his geological knowledge.

Night,

Eli

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hiya mate, I see what your saying but its probably a little harsh to suggest he is a paranoid schizophrenic. I think in these situations that some of these researchers tend to exaggerate their claims for effect and that you have picked up on one of those moments.
I too have picked up on something that didnt match from phil on two seperate videos ive seen of his presentations. It was different to yours too but i cannot remember what it was - propb something about his background or fathers background i think.

It doesent make him a liar as such as i suppose we all change details slightly when retelling stories from our past.

I remain intrigued by his story although some of it is a bit difficult to belive.

His mysterious death doesent help either so i guess we will never know just how much of what he said was true.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

The reason I used Paranoid schizophrenia was not to be harsh but rather because of the similarities to the language and behavior of paranoid schizophrenic individuals I have regularly interacted with. I could I suppose just use the term mentally ill, owing to the fact that I am not a professional. I don't think he is lying, or I don't think that he thinks he is lying, he really does seem to perceive such things as absolute truths, yet shows such glaring inconsistencies that even an amateur such as myself can point out.

His death is quite dubious though....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hey there! welcome to ATS
cool post and I'll answer. Phillip Schneider was and remains an American hero who tried to spread the knowledge he possesed to the public. His mysterous death further added mystery to his life. He has never been completly debunked and remains a hot topic of argument to this day. I believe that while not all of what he said was/is true most of it was/is in every lie there is but some truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
He had cancer and used his talks to pay for treatment.

He knew that he was dying and wanted to ensure that his family wouldn't be left in the lurch.

He wasn't an Informant or a Schizophrenic.

*You attempt to limit us to Two possibilities - Now That is quite suspicious...

I'm suspicious of you.

You must Either be an informant or a schizophrenic... no other options right? ;-)
(I joke)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
'Wrong forum' my foot, you knew exactly what you were doing by placing it in the breaking alternative news forum - to give the subject of Phil a fresh hiding in a place out in the open where everyone can see it. There's a subversive vibe I'm picking up here, to get people new to the subject of Phil to believe that he was a 'loon'.

In truth, he was an American hero. He had the wounds to prove it too. You can't fake those injuries, and you can't fake death either... Elvis included!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've talked to Phil's daughter, Marie, in depth. She has been followed and annoyed because of her father. It all adds up and I believe Phil was the real deal. You can talk to Phil's daughter yourself. Start a myspace page and contact her through myspace:
www.myspace.com...

new topics

top topics

join