It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story For All The Revolutionary Types To Consider

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I get what your saying, but if your stupid enough to talk about illeagal actions that deal with murder and destruction of public property you should be thrown in jail. They would have thrown you in jail in 1800, 1900 or 2000. Its nothing new. If you threaten someone with violence and murder you should face the consequences.

I've never read a post on ats calling for anything illeagal anyway.

Side note, This whole revolution idea will NEVER happen. The government is to big. I swear, sometimes i get the impression that alot of people think they live in a movie. They never actually consider what has to be done and how they would do it. Just strap on a gun and storm the capital. Really? Come on you can't be that nieve.

What would you replace the government with? Do you even think about what would work better?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by drock905]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Star and Flagged my man

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I get what your saying, but if your stupid enough to talk about illeagal actions that deal with murder and destruction of public property you should be thrown in jail.

I don't think Daystar was referring to illegal actions being talked about - I think he was just trying to say that we should all be very careful about what we post. Our big talks of "starting a revolution" or "guns we own" or "things we would do", are all things that can be used against us. It's simple as that. Don't post anything you aren't willing to stand by, and take the heat for.

Personally I accept all responsibility with things that I post, but I'm paranoid in a sense too that limits me from posting some of the things I would like to say about certain issues. Exercising caution, I think was the message here; because you never know who is watching.

Side note, This whole revolution idea will NEVER happen.

But the fact is, people still talk about it, as if it will happen and is if they're going to lead it. I'm not saying people should closet their opinions, but wording is everything. Coming onto ATS and posting plans for a revolution is NOT a wise idea. It doesn't matter if it has the possibility of happening or not, or working or not, the intent and the thought is obviously there and that is a threat to those in power and can be viewed as an act of Treason.

- Carrot

Edit: To stay on topic.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
An excellent tale sir and duly noted.

However, the antithesis would be that we should keep quiet and do nothing for these are the consequences should we speak out.

I advocate neither thesis nor antithesis. Just making an observation.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I think people on ATS should start working towards a political representation, no matter how hard it sounds.
Because when it comes to guns and violence, you will never beat the government.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
That is exactly what I have been thinking. If we are going to go against TPTB, then we cant give away our tactics.... And tactics we have.....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Side note, This whole revolution idea will NEVER happen. The government is to big.

I will bet you many in India said "The British will forever control this land. They are far too large and powerful to ever sway them. We will never be independent."

No government is untouchable, and there is no system which cannot be changed. The whole revolution idea, HOW SOME HERE SEE IT, will never happen. I would be willingly to bet quite a few in this country won't even realize a revolution took place, even AFTER it has happened.

For some, life will not change at all. You know why? Because those some are the same people that do not exercise their rights, nor test their freedoms.

If you aren't watching the injustice that gets committed around the world, you won't see the revolution against such injustices. If you aren't effected by the injustice committed, you won't feel the effects of it's revolution.

You may feel the effects of violence committed in its name, but you will not know the difference between life before, and life after.

So in conclusion, my questions to you are these.
Is there injustice in this world?
Is there injustice in this country?
Will a revolution against these injustices change your lifestyle and the way you feel?

If you answered yes to all three, the question isn't "what world do these people live in?" but what world do YOU live in, where you let injustice that effects you go unanswered?

If you answered no to the third one, then I must tell you this. When injustice doesn't effect you, it doesn't mean you are free from injustice, just that you aren't yet in the path of the unjust.

"The government is too big" should not be a reason a revolution does not succeed, but the reason that it does.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67bi

What I can't figure out is I seriously think those involved with the NWO actually want us to know about it....why? It just doesn't seem so secret anymore, in fact it's very in our faces. Would love to hear some theories on this.

I've had the sneaking suspicion that reality is created by our minds... and the more we believe in this stuff, the more real it becomes.

Maybe instead of detailing what we think they might be up to, we should just work diligently to convince ourselves that their best laid plans will fail.

What if that's the trick? The deception? That our faith in whatever we believe is true can be used against us... we guide our destinies in this multiple reality universe down a road we expect to travel.

Perhaps the joke is on us? We should think happy thoughts?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Do not buy. You can live a happy life buying just a fraction of what the average person buys. See this :

www.storyofstuff.com...

Of course if you don't buy, and others get the idea and escape the system the same way, after a time people who produce useless things will lose their jobs. But that is another problem. It's already happening now, no credit = no buying useless stuff = lost jobs.
I remember when I was little and I was happy with no money. Just had food and shelter and I was happy. Did not need any toys or stuff, spent my time playing outside.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Interesting thread!
So, go look for information about "Leaderless Resistance" and you may
get som stamina to proceed with.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good post. The sad thing is Im sure there a more than a few people who have gone through this very scenario and who will be going through this scenario in real life. I have posted this on many threads and Ill post it on this one too. If you dont think that the government reads your posts and probably already know who you are then you're wrong. I find it ironic that I have flown for 30 years now and in the past couple years am now pulled aside and extra searched because Im on some list now...... Oh and Im white and born and bread in the midwest so its not a racial issue why Im on this list. My only reasoning is what I say on the internet so now this is why I keep my rhetoric to a minimum now....

[edit on 4-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't think it would be idle threats of starting a revolution that would bring the PTB, or anyone other group, down on you, but the ideas that you produce which could wake people up, and possibly loosen their grip on power.

Of course with the world wide web they can't really stop the ideas that will eventually take them down, and it is probably impossible to determine just who generated the original idea, and even more likely that numerous people will generate the ideas that eventually lead to a revolution.

We really don't need to arm ourselves to take down the PTB, or any other group that threatens our liberties, there are numerous ways to take away their power. Don't get me wrong, do make sure that you have weapons at your disposal, should you ever need them, and don't forget the ammunition. Still, the real war is fought with ideas, and ideals. Get active, write your congressmen, your state rep, your local city council. You will be surprised at how getting a little bit vocal about a situation can have its effect.

I agree, right now, don't buy anything unless you really need it. Support only local businesses, and spread the word. The thing about a fractional reserve system, and a stock market, is that when the demand dries up, the money simply dissappears, being that most of it is just a number in a computer. It is a big crap game, and when seven comes up, the table is cleared.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I think people on ATS should start working towards a political representation, no matter how hard it sounds.
Because when it comes to guns and violence, you will never beat the government.

It ia a good thing you weren't making the decisions in 1776. We would still be paying taxes to the British king, and sending our sons off to fight for the crown across the sea. Read your history and understand this nation was founded with guns and violence.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

Good post, Daystar! Well thought out and presented. I too have become aware of what I call cyber revolutionists, who talk...talk...talk. A good example is the OP of the following post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This OP has raised the "how do we start the revolution?" type of thread several times. These types are harmless dreamers wanting to show how maucho they are. My advise is simple, prepare personally.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by romanmel]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We are in difficult times, there is no question about that. Am I ready to pick up a gun and take on the Government?

NOPE.

Call me weak or a sheeple or whatever you want, but at the end of the day my goal is for me and my family to survive to the next day. Govt policy and control ebbs and flows constantly, issues today will not be so important tomorrow, and to be quite frank, there are no issues today worth giving up one day of my free life over.

I see how inefficient the government is. I'm confident we'll have plenty of heads up before anyone "knocks on our door" unless we are planning truly bad things.

I did not vote for Obama, but I am hopeful as this nation and the world goes through this transformation. I do foresee a time where survival is a more important topic than organizing a rebellion. I'm preparing more for empty grocery stores than FEMA camps.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm not giving you a star for common sense....... On the other hand common sense isn't so common.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Agreed, treathening with violence is a BAD idea. If you actually post your firearms and what you want to do, they will take you away.
The revolution should be in the form of a mass awakening, not a few extreme millitants waving guns and bombs in the face of the officials. It's just not gonna work and we'll end up in just as much trouble as before. Not calling anyone stupid or anything, just an opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is an excellent point.

Everything you write on the Internet is preserved in some way. Whether it is recoverable or not at a later date, it still exists in archive servers, google, etc all over the place.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Daystar - that's brilliant. Absolutely wonderfully presented.

I completely concur.

I'm a bit of a survivalist myself, but only for a worst case scenario, and definitely NOT against the Country I call home, nor it's Official Governments.

By learning the various skills, I have become a stronger person, a better citizen and a True American. I take pride in knowing I am part of a System that allows for the Freedoms I am granted, yet at the same time, expects me to use those Freedoms with the same degree of Responsibility and Respect that I have been given IN the right to HAVE those freedoms.

I will NEVER use those talents to attack those who share this land with me in a gracious and civil manner, even though we may have minor differences of opinion.

For me anyway, to turn around and try and slap the face (or bite the hand) of the System is disrespectful no only to those who have come before us (let's not forget the battles that were fought to bring us to where we are now as a country! irregardless of what country that may be!) and let us learn from the mistakes of the past, lest we are doomed to repeat them.

The true revolution begins in Oneself. To jump blindly into rebellion and action without due cause (or just out of frustration, jealousy, anger, etc...) is not only RASH it is also DANGEROUS to oneself, ones family and all that one holds dear.

In times of trouble (and even in times of peace) there are those who would seek to exploit the situation to their own movements, movements that promise great glory and wonderful results - but the fact of the matter is, it's only another hand trying to control you.

The State has already given you Freedom, don't let those uncouth "revolutionaries" take that away from you.

--------------------

God Bless, Daystar for this wonderful, wonderful thread. Thank you.

I regret I have only one star and flag to give for this...

First of all, when that "System" gets so corrupted that they no longer have your interests at heart, then that system needs to be destroyed. Look up some Thomas Jefferson quotes.

And as far as:

The State has already given you Freedom, don't let those uncouth "revolutionaries" take that away from you.

THE "STATE" HASN'T GIVEN ME MY FREEDOM PAL, I WAS BORN A FREE MAN AND I WILL DIE BEFORE I LET THE "STATE" TAKE IT FROM ME!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

Excellent, excellent post my friend. Well thought out and great advice. Star AND flag AND kudos!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join