It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story For All The Revolutionary Types To Consider

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Please forgive the long nature of this post. This is a story all the revolutionary types should read. I urge you to read to the end, even if you don't agree with everything said.

Picture this scenario, if you will:

You're a person who has, over the past few years, become increasing disatisfied with the way things are going both in your country and abroad (unless you're one of those ignorant types who is unaware of a world outside your borders). You've been robbed by the government, you've been robbed by their coroporate buddies, and your freedoms are being stripped away. There's a new president in office, but it looks like, despite all his talk, he is working for the same crowd as the previous guy. There's talk of action by the people against the government/system/cartel in charge, and you want to know how you can help out.

So, what do you do? There's noone local you can talk to, as they just want to talk about TV/movies/music/etc. You need something with a wider reach, so youhead to the internet. On the internet, you can talk with people all over the world, connect, network, share ideas and compare ideologies (aka argue over petty party politics if you're a fox new fan).

Anyway, eager to seek out the people you have come searching for, you arrive at a forum that looks suitably filled with disgruntled and angry types. Hey, theres so many pissed off people here you even get right wing conservatives agreeing with those whacko commie leftist hippie types. You know the ones; the ones THEY said were traitors for not rolling out the war paint and flags after 9/11. The ones who told us we were being tricked etc, but we chose not to listen to them, cos they weren't delivering the message with the stars and stripes in the background.

So, it seems you've found a great little online community to get info from. Get that ex marine guy to give you tips on how to take care of your guns. Get that student to show you, in a coded fashion, how to set up crude home made explosives. Get that redneck to show you how to hunt stuff in your local wilderness. Get that crazy philosopher guy to give you some deep political and social insight. You're happy for a while, absorbing whatever you can, but you start to feel restless. You're learning this stuff for a reason, right? When is that reason going to happen?

One day, your impatience gets the better of you, and you start a thread, calling for immediate action. You find there's a lot of responses from people who are pretty much exactly where you are, all pledging to die for the flag etc etc. There's also of course, the people in the thread there to put you down, call you a crazy survivalist, or an unpatriotic sort. If you're really lucky, they might even call you a whacko commie leftist hippie. You engage in a battle of words, feeling invigorated by the responses you get, ignoring that weird chess playing guy who, four pages in, responded to your original post with a cryptic message, urging you to be patient, and to not advertise your strengths online. He says you're giving the enemy intel, but he is just one guy, and all the people supporting you can't be wrong, can they?

Sooner or later, the thread dies out, and you realise that your call for immediate revolution went unheeded. You're disappointed, but you feel good knowing that there's others out there just itching to take action. Then you see a thread where some new guy who appears to know what he is talking about, is calling for the members of the forum to give their locations. He wants to know where people are, so that all the members can form into groups, ready to take action 'when the time comes', as he puts it. He also asks that you list what guns you have. He would also like to know if you have any training or skills that the local group you're assigned to can utilise. You dutifully list your skills and firearms. You even tell them what kind of ammo you prefer.

Anyway, in Real World, the country is getting worse, and a bill is passed that allows the Government to start rounding people up who might cause an issue. 'Domestic Terrorism' they call it. You know who they mean though, and you know that your group is ready to take action.

The very night after you hear about this new bill, a knock at your door sounds. you head downstairs, and open the door, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a gun. The government's enforcers are here, it seems. Your children scream, and your spouse begs as you are taken away from them. The last thing you see as they slip a black bag over your head is a cip tazing your spouse because they won't do as they are told. You cannot helo though, and you are driven in darkness to a place where you never see daylight, and are questioned about things you don't understand. Your confusion is turned to terror as they begin to beat you, but that changes nothing; you still don't understand what's really going on, what they are after.

After a few months, they let a lawyer in to see you, and the lawyer tells you that you are to be tried as a terrorist. You were of course expecting this sooner or later, and the trial begins as promised. The information used in your prosectuion starts to ring some bells, before suddenly, you realise they are using your own words, your words from the forum. Like that time you promised you'd be the one to pull the trigger on the president. Like that time you told the forum you would fight the police if they ever dared come to your home. And there's that time you egged on that new kid who wanted to go blow up a fed building. The real shock though is when they say that you even began to form a terrorist cell, and they point to all the stuff you said in that thread where the guy called for local groups to be formed. Your prosecutors even tell the court what exactly your role would be in the group, and they show what skills and experience you listed.

Your lawyer is just overwhelmed. He cannot defend your words, even if he was genuinely there to help you. You are duly found guilty, and are shipped off to a prison camp in the middle of nowhere, guarded by some private security thugs who kick you just for looking at them funny.

As you sit in your cell, you think of your family. You also think about where it is you went wrong. You curse the agent who posed as a member of the forum to get you to incriminate yourself. Then you remember that weird chess playing geek who told you not to reveal your hand. He was right, it seems. The voice of patience, with that distinct lack of bravado and chest beating that you found so distasteful, was right.

Then it hits you. The people you were searching for sent a man to warn you to stay low, and you ignored them. The people who could have shown you what to do if you really wanted to make a difference, you dismissed them when they tried to restrain you.

THE PEOPLE WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE INTERNET IS A PUBLIC PLACE AND THAT SHOOTING YOUR MOUTH OFF ON A FORUM HERE IS LIKE SHOOTING IT OFF IN A CROWDED STREET. DO NOT GIVE YOUR ENEMY INTELLIGENCE ABOUT YOURSELF OR YOUR CONNECTIONS.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wow Great thread DS

I love how you sounded so genuine and painted the exact same picture in terms of what I would imagine to happen aswell I for example I said that wanted to do something incriminating against the president or if I made certain threats against high rising governmental figures

and sadly I wouldn’t be surprised if thousands of people have already been rounded up and had things like you mentioned happen to them already and it’s just plain horrible but sadly its vey possible of being true in the current world we live in

another sad fact is that I myself have said certain Anti - governmental things in the past hell I went on a rant yesterday about how I dislike them and wouldn’t be very surprised if something would happen to me some day because of my views on governments hell the even sadder thing is I don’t care what would happen to me because I hold my views proudly because they are MY views and I am entitled to them no one can stop me from them and I am always willing to speak my mind and to speak up against

and it’s sad that people are too afraid to say what they want or have to avoid saying what they want because of who is listening surely that alone will make you realize that something isn’t right in this system the fact that we can’t say what we want and if w do we would have to learn to enjoy a live of imprisonment

Good luck to future people standing up against TPTB

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There are those of us who are unafraid. We advocate peaceful means of taking control (see www.abovetopsecret.com... ), and we teach others the same.

I am one of these.

And if they come for me, mistreat and misaccuse me, I accept that. For if they get that far with me, I have failed to bring the solution(s) forth, and there is no longer a point to it all.

So I will speak loudly. I will call for action. I will come here and try to make it happen. Peacefully.

That is my raison d'etre.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

Awesome post. I have often thought the same thing. BBIW.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Brilliantly written thread and that's exactly what I've been telling people and warning them about in so many of my threads it's not even funny. I got past the point of caring though and welcome to ice cold of isolation. Everything you read online can and will be used against you some day. So, in other words, Americans, there is no Miranda Rights, when it comes to terrorism, and when you speak of it in a public place, you are incrimintating yourself.

Luckily enough I know how to beat them every step of the way.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Aye you are indeed right. IF people wish to arm, they should to it in secret...nobody else should know, for not only have they incriminated themselves....everyone else who posts that thread could be charged.

They knew what was going on and said nothing, thus they are also part of the problem... you don't just possibly harm yourself by shouting it all out loud.

If you want to do something like that you need to be more secret...not that I'm saying people should be doing this kind of thing.

Honest

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
to arm one self in the UK, you MAD,
only drug dealers, trigger happy cops and gangs are allowed Guns.

I can see what you are getting at seeing things erode and being destroyed around you by the same people who were elected in by you to ensure that things stay on the straight and narrow, i can see the same goverment care more about them selves and their luxuries then that of the average person,

while the country goes into turmoil they enjoy the bennifits of a luxuary home and a good pay for doing a Crap Job. where if it was someone else they would have lost their job years ago.

to adovocate change i wouldnt really fear being encarsirated for voicing my opinion as in the end it would be heard even louder.

at the end of the Day this isnt the past where one person can be Shut up and made to vanish where tecnoligy was only for those who have money.
we are looking at a day and age where comunication travels in seconds and comes in diffrent forms. no matter how people try and limit those forms there will always be ways around it,

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

also i would prob start my own party

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Great thread
But frig it, let this people get bagged. If they are stupid enough to give out info over the net which is stupid in itself i doubt they would be much help in a martial law type situation

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is a fine line between protest and sedition. Planning on an armed revolt against the government is treason. They are still our government and if you disagree with the current policies then I suggest that you make your views known (w.o. advocating something radical like an overthrow of the govt) via legal means (like contacting your Congressman and Senator). Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Great thread....however, being the paranoid type it took me a year to actually become a member of ATS. Always the lurker, never a poster.

One day I came across several threads speaking of patriotism, posting, and of peeps actually feeling they were being followed and/or watched by Big Brother but all protesting they will not be silenced. I was moved and clicked the join button.

After some thinking and guzzling down every Jim Marrs book I honestly think I am way too insignificant for anyone to care about me or my viewpoints. Us little people, probably soon to be glorified slaves, are no threat to the NWO. I can only hope ATS really chaffs their asses but in the end, I don't think we matter. We could hold regional yearly meetings - call it the UnBuild a Booger Group and yes I'm sure if we were to come togeather we'd all have our names and pics in some database. I wouldn't even be shocked to see a small blurb on the news about a curious fire in a downtown hotel before or during our little convention.

I think the facts are we are indeed small in number. Even though the bottom is falling out before our eyes, the average citizen squeezes their eyes shut to the obvious truth - they voted for change - change to the nwo which I believe is soon to be realized. I'm collecting data and will soon be posting a thread about all the Bilderburgers, Trilats, and CFRs in Obamas administration. It is astonishing to me but you go ask anyone on the street and the majority STILL don't know about these groups or perceive them to be inocuous or benevolent. They'd rather discuss the superbowl (which is exactly what 'they' want us to talk about.)

Starting to ramble...sorry. I pledge to keep talking to as many people will listen. If I ever win that powerball, I'm going to stand on major intersections and pass out copies of 'Rule by Secrecy.'

One last observation, the more my eyes open it seems as if I'm creating my own reality. The more I educate myself the more evidence I see almost daily! Just finishing up ' Alien Agenda' and now I'm nervous about cracking open 'The Rise of the Fourth Reich."

What I can't figure out is I seriously think those involved with the NWO actually want us to know about it....why? It just doesn't seem so secret anymore, in fact it's very in our faces. Would love to hear some theories on this.

And btw, where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Thats the sad part is, If you follow the frist adment. And say something bad about the Fed. Govt. they could put you in jail. So much for the frist adment.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree it is better to err on the side of patience and don't show your cards. Even a little dis info could be useful. I think it is quite useful for them.

However that being said, if they feel like they want to come after you, they will not need your posts on a conspiracy message board to do so...

Let us all hope that voices like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are heard and heeded before it is to late.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is great! It tells exactly what would happen if someone endangered them self in this kind of situation. Star and flag.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Daystar - that's brilliant. Absolutely wonderfully presented.

I completely concur.

I'm a bit of a survivalist myself, but only for a worst case scenario, and definitely NOT against the Country I call home, nor it's Official Governments.

By learning the various skills, I have become a stronger person, a better citizen and a True American. I take pride in knowing I am part of a System that allows for the Freedoms I am granted, yet at the same time, expects me to use those Freedoms with the same degree of Responsibility and Respect that I have been given IN the right to HAVE those freedoms.

I will NEVER use those talents to attack those who share this land with me in a gracious and civil manner, even though we may have minor differences of opinion.

For me anyway, to turn around and try and slap the face (or bite the hand) of the System is disrespectful no only to those who have come before us (let's not forget the battles that were fought to bring us to where we are now as a country! irregardless of what country that may be!) and let us learn from the mistakes of the past, lest we are doomed to repeat them.

The true revolution begins in Oneself. To jump blindly into rebellion and action without due cause (or just out of frustration, jealousy, anger, etc...) is not only RASH it is also DANGEROUS to oneself, ones family and all that one holds dear.

In times of trouble (and even in times of peace) there are those who would seek to exploit the situation to their own movements, movements that promise great glory and wonderful results - but the fact of the matter is, it's only another hand trying to control you.

The State has already given you Freedom, don't let those uncouth "revolutionaries" take that away from you.

--------------------

God Bless, Daystar for this wonderful, wonderful thread. Thank you.

I regret I have only one star and flag to give for this...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
While I am encouraged by some of the responding posts here, I am somewhat surprised at how many completely missed the point. So, I should probably clarify a few things...

Firstly, I am not Pro-System. I am not telling potential revolutionaries to stop getting angry. I am not telling you to stop preparing to take action should such an occasion arise. I am not telling you to stop preparing to defend yourself. I am not telling you to be happy about being robbed and extorted by the Elites.

Secondly, with regard to guns. While I would love for a world where we could live without them, I recognise that on occasion, the means to defend oneself is needed. However, I am not insisting that every single peron on the planet be handed an AK47, no.

I am telling you all to THINK before you POST. It's THAT simple.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
"If I ever win that powerball,..."

YES!!! How cool would that be if someone from ATS won the fricken lottery and used the money to spread relevant information. Sweet...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

Ditto Daystar

Now can I plead the 5th ????

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is true. Always be mindful of what you say on this or any forum. You never know who is reading. Ive always thought posting photos of your firearms and gear was a foolish move.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have only this to say. "We" are out there waiting, and when the time is right, you'll know exactly what to do, and you'll see your neighbors and friends doing the same thing.

"They tell us Sir, that we are weak -- unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak, if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature has placed in our power."

Patrick Henry

[edit on 3-2-2009 by senyushkin]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There's another angle to this that you should keep in mind. It doesn't pay to go full-bore extremist.

In my experience, visiting the very outspoken and belligerent activist websites places you in the company of very outspoken and belligerent people. Even in the best-organized forum, tempers often flare within the ranks, and little cliques of like-minded individuals are quick to coalesce.

You will certainly make enemies, because everyone has his own notions of how The Revolution should proceed — Everybody wants to rule the world. Your worst enemies in the "revolutionary" forums are those secret adversaries who lurk well below the radar and who don't (won't) confront you directly.

Point is this: If you stick yourself out there, make yourself a highly visible target, there will always be some of your "brothers" who are ready to turn you in to the authorities, even on false charges.

This is advantageous to your secret adversaries in a couple of ways — It takes you and your naive patriotism out of the game, it takes the official heat off of the forum, and it endears your secret adversaries to the Central Government. Even if your enemies are staunch Revolutionaries, they will want to appear to be cooperative with the government, and sacrificing one of their own is an appropriate gesture to that end.

The only effective Revolutionary, after all, is one who plays both sides of the game. That way, no matter which side loses, you win.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join