It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public

rawstory.com

Details about more than three dozen secret memoranda written by Bush Administration officials now sit atop a chart created by public interest reporting group. The memos track new details about dozens of secret Bush Administration legal positions on torture, detention and warrantless wiretapping.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.propublica.org
www.propublica.org
Bush Circumvents GAO by Executive Order 13462- Establishes 2 Intel Advisory Boards
The Executive Order Integrity Act of 2008
Video: Bush Forged Documents on Iraq, Suskind's new book 'The Way Of The World'

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well good. It's about time the public REALLY knew what was going on behind the scenes. Maybe some of us will be vindicated for exposing the most secret administration in US history, and can finally silence all the Bushmongers.

And for God's sakes, please please please make public the Addendum to NSPD-51!!!!!!! You know, that secret attachment the congress was never allowed to view.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I personally think Obama will sweep the best ones under the rug and claim that any reports of those were erroneous. Obama is President and will soon be issuing his own memos and many will deal with sensitive national security issues. I seriously doubt that he would like the next President releasing his memos and questions his motives for such memos.

Furthermore, releasing the memo would not tell the whole story. We would still not be fully aware why the memo was written, what conditions were present that inspire the memo, or what other issues played a factor in writing up those memos.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This was already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Lol - posted this last week when I came across the site while looking for other stuff.

I put it in Political Conspiracies for use as a resource, titled "The Missing Memo's"

I won't link to it, because I flagged it for future use, and apparently that causes some kind of bug if I link it here

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yikes, sorry guys, I will concede on this one I didn't search ATS- posted it quick like. Thought it was brand new from Rawstory, and they're usually pretty good about breaking stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No worries,

I was overjoyed to have scooped Rawstory when I saw it on there earlier

Maybe they got it from here

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Man I wish they would fix that search function! I just wasted much time posting the exact article with follow up. Which I WOULD NOT have done if the *&*&%$#@#$$ search function worked.

Anyway important topic S&F for you my friend and Budski!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

lol, thanks Leo, and I soo feel your pain on the search function. Drives me nuts sometimes. Just wish I would have used it on this one as well, because as stated above, this is duplicate as well. However, sometimes the mods will keep one thread over the other open depending on a whole slew of above top secret reasons they have concealed in their black magic books. Best to just leave it to them.

[edit on Tue Feb 3rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As pointed out, this topic is already being discussed.

Please add your comment there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join