It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concentration Camps UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi all.

I have been reading with interest about so called FEMA Concentration Camps in the USA.
Does the UK govt have any so called Concentration camps ready to go incase of a major disaster or mass evacuation of a major city ???

I have been doing some snooping about on google earth and via a few search engines but have yet to find anything of any interest.

Anyone out there know anything or have seen anything at all ???

Regards.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't think the UK needs them, with all the security cameras around the place it is already a giant camp, only difference is that you can still cross the borders for now.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Fair point.

But say there was a mass evacuation from say Birmingham or Bradford etc.
Where would the refugee's of that city go.
This is what makes me ask the question.

I am sure the UK govt must have some plans to deal with this sort of issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I don't think the UK needs them, with all the security cameras around the place it is already a giant camp..

Good point,I've heard the term 'Panopticon' being used to describe Britain these days.

Panopticon- The term refers to a prison where the concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell whether they are being watched, thereby conveying what one architect has called the "sentiment of an invisible omniscience."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think you're making a basic mistake in assuming cities would be evacuated in the UK following a major incident. The likelihood is that cities would be sealed off to stop a mass decamp into the surrounding areas causing services to be disrupted elsewhere. Furthermore I'd be very surprised if any help was forthcoming should one or more cities be affected. The UK lacks the infrastructure, and our spineless government (of whatever political persuasion) lack the compassion or ability to manage any sort of crisis.

Look at the flooding in the UK when Hull was hit very badly, there are still people living in caravans/hotels/etc and the government did very little to help other than the usual weasel words. Insurance skyrocketted, disease broke out, crime soared, but the govt did nothing

God forbid something worse ever happened to a city in the UK!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Heres a juicy site for you, you may find something on here thats interesting not just for fema style camps but for general valuable info.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
From what I have heard of the UK, there is probably not too much reason for detention facilities.

I think the reason is because it's not like the US, in having so much 'open space' people can disappear into; mountains, forests, and that kinda stuff. You guys are overpopulated beyond all belief, so haven't many places to actually 'run'.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

yeah thats true, theres not many places you can lose yourself, although to be honest most of the people in the uk are so brainwashed they wont need the camps, its almost like were in one already

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Heres a juicy site for you, you may find something on here thats interesting not just for fema style camps but for general valuable info.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Top draw link my friend.
Thanks very much, I will spend hours looking around the site.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think you're making a basic mistake in assuming cities would be evacuated in the UK following a major incident. The likelihood is that cities would be sealed off to stop a mass decamp into the surrounding areas causing services to be disrupted elsewhere. Furthermore I'd be very surprised if any help was forthcoming should one or more cities be affected. The UK lacks the infrastructure, and our spineless government (of whatever political persuasion) lack the compassion or ability to manage any sort of crisis.

Look at the flooding in the UK when Hull was hit very badly, there are still people living in caravans/hotels/etc and the government did very little to help other than the usual weasel words. Insurance skyrocketted, disease broke out, crime soared, but the govt did nothing

God forbid something worse ever happened to a city in the UK!

Very valid reason there.
I suppose the Govt would be happy just to see the population take a small dive.
I remember the floods of Hull and is another reason why I am preparing and not even contemplating the govt to take of me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not exactly a concentration camp, but nonetheless its still part of the emergency evacuation planning for the UK capital, London.

In 2005, the UK Sunday Times revealed that, in the event of London experiencing a major event which called for the evacuation of London, Parliament would be relocated to the former Police College facility located in a 275 acre estate in Hampshire.

Secret plan to evacuate Commons

The Sunday Times

October 16, 2005

David Cracknell, Political Editor

MEMBERS of parliament and peers will be evacuated from Westminster in the event of a terrorist attack to sit at a stately home in Hampshire, leaked plans reveal.

Under the codename Operation Delta, all parliamentarians, Commons officials, police, catering staff and the media would be transferred to the alternative site within three hours of the emergency.

The substitute debating chamber, voting lobbies and offices have been set up at Bramshill House, a 17th-century building which has been used as a police training college since the 1960s. The 275-acre estate is 50 miles from London.

The plan would be put into operation if there was a catastrophic terrorist assault on the capital or if parliament itself was attacked.

Source

zero lift

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
edit - post removed by me as it was irrelavent.

[edit on 2/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
nah theres already mass mind control un the uk,the population are controlled to a T.

not to mention the ais run just about everything,if they wanna silence you they dont need a concentration camp...

the uk is the only country in europe which has never overthrown its leaders.

was trying to take a look at its military heirarchy akin the the us joint chiefs of staff.....and suprise suprise there all in the shadows,could only find info and pictures on 3 or 4.
its how they do it there,the us takes the blame and everyone thinks its just them whilst in the uk they do it all secretly...an no one suspects a thing....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
nah theres already mass mind control un the uk,the population are controlled to a T.

not to mention the ais run just about everything,if they wanna silence you they dont need a concentration camp...

Ahem...King Charles I ring any bells?

zero lift

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

This is the land where the history comes from. You do realise, don't you?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Bit of a school boy error there. Charles the 1st was executed by Oliver Cromwell over a clash between MP's and the Monarchy.

Sorry back to topic

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Many POW camps still remain in the United Kingdom from World War Two. If need be the Government could easily make a few repairs and re-open them in times of crisis.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisbowman1990
Many POW camps still remain in the United Kingdom from World War Two. If need be the Government could easily make a few repairs and re-open them in times of crisis.

ok - could you indicate EXACTLY which WWII era POW camps could be " easily " reopened with " just a few " repairs

to assist you i will even provide a list

the only POW sites i can think of that are in sufficient order to be resused are alreay in ` other use `

so come on - where are these pristine camps because all those i have visited are in appaling disrepair

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

In the case of a collapse the UK is more likely to do it the other way round. Instead of rounding large numbers of people and putting them in camps they are more like to cordon off large areas for the wealthy and the higher ups and use the army to keep the ordinary citizens out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join