It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concentration Camps UK.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by LostNemesis

yeah thats true, theres not many places you can lose yourself, although to be honest most of the people in the uk are so brainwashed they wont need the camps, its almost like were in one already

Very true

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by chrisbowman1990
Many POW camps still remain in the United Kingdom from World War Two. If need be the Government could easily make a few repairs and re-open them in times of crisis.

ok - could you indicate EXACTLY which WWII era POW camps could be " easily " reopened with " just a few " repairs

to assist you i will even provide a list

the only POW sites i can think of that are in sufficient order to be resused are alreay in ` other use `

so come on - where are these pristine camps because all those i have visited are in appaling disrepair

Now there's no need to be rude is there! I'm affraid you have mis-quoted me. I never stated they were in "pristine" condition. Yes I have seen the list you kindly linked me before even reading this topic. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about those camps that have been converted into military baracks and other uses. They can easily be used for other "means". As you stated many of the other camps are in disrepair.

With our government's vast resources, I'm sure it wouldn't take them very long to set up make shift concentration camps if needed.

I'll put in a freedom of information request upon the matter, see what it comes up with.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by chrisbowman1990]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I wonder what ever came of the huuuuge underground town in Wiltshire? I know it was up for sale a few years ago but haven't heard anythin since.

That'd be a perfect place to house the more 'important' people of the uk, not us minions obviously. With it's own power supply, hospital, shops etc, a community should be able to survive down there for quite some time.

For anyone unfamiliar with the underground town here's a lil linky for ya:

Wiltshire Underground City

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
I wonder what ever came of the huuuuge underground town in Wiltshire? I know it was up for sale a few years ago but haven't heard anythin since.

That'd be a perfect place to house the more 'important' people of the uk, not us minions obviously. With it's own power supply, hospital, shops etc, a community should be able to survive down there for quite some time.

For anyone unfamiliar with the underground town here's a lil linky for ya:

Wiltshire Underground City

Sorry Jimbowsk, but the story that the Central Government underground wartime facility was up for sale just wasn't true. It was a media mis-interpretation of the fact that the site was to become part of a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) project for the Ministry of Defence..

The surface works are to be part of a massive redevelopment, but the underground works are to be left with minimum maintenance. English Heritage are involved in recording this extremely important part of British history so hopefully at least some of this delapidated facility will be kept for posterity, although whether the public will ever gain access is debatable.

Just for the record, this facility, which was known by many codenames over the years (SUBTERFUGE; STOCKWELL; BURLINGTON; TURNSTILE; CHANTICLEER; PERIPHERAL; EYEGLASS), has never had any shops or pubs; and the 'hospital' was actually more like a 6-9 bed first aid post - all part of the ever increasing myth which surrounds Corsham Underground Site No 3.

Surprisingly, the BBC link quoted above omits this facility's biggest Cold War secret!

From 01 May 1968 to 17 December 2004, this TOP SECRET Central Government bunker acted only as a DECOY![B/]

It had no pre-strike or survival phase role. If it survived, and seeing as its decoy role would encourage the Soviets to target it, it would act only as an accretion site for the few surving members of Central Government - who were ordered to attempt to travel to the site up to 30 days after the end of any nuclear attack on the UK.

As you can see from the accompanying pics (courtesy of the Freedom Of Information Act) this so-called up-to-date Government HQ is actually a 1960's time capsule.

Prime Minister's Bathroom

Public Address system

Communal Bathrooms

Who says the British can't keep secrets.

zero lift

[edit on 12/2/09 by zero lift]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zero lift

I love the public address system!!

Some excellent info you've provided there, I've read quite a lot into the Wiltshire base as I find it fascinating but I've never found the extensive info you provided, very interesting! Star for you my friend!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Kind of looks like one of my old school's I used to go to! Any more pictures of this "secret" bunker?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks Jimbowsk, much appreciated. I'm glad you found the info of interest. BURLINGTON is a fascinating place - and has an even more interesting history. The whole facility still has a 'smoke and mirrors' feel - some of its past secrets will probably never enter the public domain. It's had many roles over the years, some of which happened, some which were only proposed, including:

UK Central Government wartime HQ (1961-1968)

UK Wartime HQ for the NATO Oil Executive Board
(codename - WELLBRIGHT)

UK Wartime HQ for the NATO Defence Shipping Executive Board
(codename - WELLBRIGHT)

UK Wartime Gold Bullion Repository
(codename - MALLARD)

Wartime HQ for UKLF

Post Nuclear Strike Accretion Site (1968-1992)

Originally posted by chrisbowman1990
Kind of looks like one of my old school's I used to go to! Any more pictures of this "secret" bunker?

I'm trying to find a way of posting a large scan of a detailed map of the 'BURLINGTON bunker' on here - until then you'll have to make do with these pics.

Air Fan

Canteen[/b[

Canteen

Ventilation Tunnels

'Hospital' sluice room

Telephone Exchange

Old Surface Escalator

BURLINGTON passenger lift

zero lift

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great replies there guys. I really like the whole story of Burlington.

I was told once that there is a similar city down in Cornwall.
Anyone heard of this ????

I suppose Cornwall would also be a great location as the whole place seems to be made out of granite.

I also like having a scout about of former nuclear bunkers and ROC outposts.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yeah, all they have to do is close the borders & "Turn Off" Tescos for 3 weeks & well eat each other for them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For those of you that are interested in old military and civil sites, visit:

www.urbexforums.co.uk...

I think that the cities would be locked down. Why build bases or camps when you can cordon off ready built ones. The logistics are fer more simple than trying to move large numbers of people.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The Camera's are obviously not that intrusive, we still have murders and crime that take weeks to solve, if the cameras were so pervaisive then no crime would go on without being filmed. Its not ideal, but not as bad as some people like to make out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by colec156

Heres a juicy site for you, you may find something on here thats interesting not just for fema style camps but for general valuable info.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Great site I am going to have a good look at that.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

You should look into COBRA, I believe they handle emergency situations in the UK and that there quite similar to FEMA.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

ahh cmon don't be fooled by that crap.

The only reason not all criminals are being caught is because it is NOT profitable to catch all criminals. If UK would be a crime free area then there would be no more need for so many many many .... MANY ruthless mindless ready to kill police officers. (and so few to fool the likes of you, no offence) Also remember that some lousy company is making trillions and trillions of pounds from tax payer's money to create, install and manage those cameras.

and after this little incident

www.youtube.com...

there will be even more of those BRUTES out there to remind us who are the elite and who are the slaves.

check out the police forums on that day

www.policespecials.com...

really disgusting.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
there are camps throughout the US, idk about britian

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
On the TV there was a comment on BBC about secret detention-facilities in the UK. I just got a glimpse of it. But, they are in use now for the rioters. So, there will probably be much more information about those facilities when the riots in England have stopped and that some of those who only were suspected of rioting are let go.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
In regard to so called FEMA type camps in UK ,so we can put 'Shameless'families away for 're-education'The poster I read commented that these feckless families would be ordered not to smoke and drink!Yeah the tobacco,drink industries would back that,and UK inland revenue would love it too.Are you serious?All 3 of those groups rely on replacing the users who die from their products by reeling in your children.So let me get this straight if you are unemployed because their are no jobs that pay a living wage,you get locked up,ordered not to smoke and drink and get "re-educated"to toe the government line.Sounds like Germany 1933 to me,or am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dylan201

We have identified at least one in Wales and two in Scotland,same plastic liners,same concrete lined pits,same double razor wire perimeter fences.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: waspy

please identify locations - so that we can assess your claims independantly

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe look at warehouses by railway tracks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join