It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School children complain of "Obama Worship" during lessons!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just a tidbit of information,
Young kids hear what their parents say about politicians, and they will exaggerate things to make a point. I was babysitting a girl the other day, she is 9, and I could not believe the things she was saying about how Obama wants everyone to be poor and this and that and he is evil. So, if all these kids "hate" Obama, stories are going to show up, and they're going to want the people that support him to get in trouble.

I don't believe the OP for a second. I think they just put up a picture of the new president. We used to do that in 5th grade and back in middle school.

I know people are sick of hearing it but, he is the president now, he is the leader of our country, I think it's perfectly AWESOME for kids to be proud of that.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

I missed your post, calm down. The world doesn't evolve around your post. It was a simple error.
I have mixed feelings when it comes to Icke. I find his works interesting but at the same time he has been inaccurate in certain theories of his. He also has heard voices, and believes Reptilians are controlling this planet. Certain alleged videos of these Reptilians have been disproven. In fact I don't know one that hasn't been. I don't try to discount people as crazy because they've had a unique experience. But when you really line it up, I don't know what else to believe. I honestly don't waste my time with him anymore. He tries to back up his theories with alleged proof but what it comes down to is some pseudo-science or referencing things that are impossible to disprove because we weren't around thousands of years ago. As in, literally us, not our ancestors.
So what we basically have is a man who has made a living off of assumptions, when really assumptions are not the truth.
Let us look at some of the things he has claimed in the past: Princess Diana and JFK were both ritually assassinated. The Earth is hollow, and secretly ruled by the Secret Reptilian Brotherhood from Alpha Draconis (or was it the Fourth Dimension?), who regularly practice ritual Satanic murder and child molestation. Francis Bacon was Shakespeare; Jesus Christ never existed; Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles are shapeshifters who assert world control through a vast international banking network. The brutal reality according to some conflicting accounts however, is that Icke got a personal assistant pregnant whilst on holiday, and split with his family. I cannot vouch if this is true. But we do know that for some reason he split from his family and first wife. That part we know is true. He has proudly claimed to be the Messiah. He later dismissed it saying that he had gone mad temporarily or that his "mind awakening" experience had just left him very confused. His theories have too many loop holes to really take them seriously.

In conclusion if it really comes down to CNN or David Icke where I get my information from....I think I'll choose CNN. Hell, even Fox news.
Now he could very well be right about Obama. All I'm saying is that when given a choice to vote McCain who makes comments about "Bomb Bomb Iran" and calls his wife a "c**t" and pushes failed economic policies versus Obama whose economic plan I find more viable, who seems to keep his demeanor, and so forth. I will pick Obama. And this makes me a dead head, Obamaite? Please. You think I don't realize he is for war? I'm glad he's going into Afghanistan. I was going to vote Ron Paul, the fact of the matter is there was no way Paul could have won this election. It seems the people who post these things or call others Obamaites are actually just angry the GOP lost or angry Ron Paul didn't get elected. You think I don't know it's a risk voting for Obama?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I now if this story is true, but if so, I wanted to put up this story from James Clavell, the guy who wrote Shogun, King Rat and others. IF the story is true, then this story rings even truer than it did when it was written.

The Children's Story

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

...well then you and some others here have not gotten a public school education here in the U.S.

When I was a kid I had to either be Abe Lincoln or Washington in some hokey school play about our American History. In fact I think we use to have a holiday for some politicians. MLK has a holiday.

I bet if we had fox news back then they would have told us about Lincoln sending diseased blankets to the Native Americans....ohoooo the scandal.

Why don't we have a National holiday for Obama? Why aren't kids forced to wear some costume of Obama? "Time" we don't throw people up on pedestals until time has gone by or they are dead.....I mean really how crucial was Janis Joplin to music history....How great of a movie actor was James Dean?
.....the point is that people right now are jumping the gun big time...BUT that is all they are doing that is out of the routine of how we choose our national heros and idols and all of that. Someday Obama is going to be on a coin and I bet that idea makes you puke. Does JFK deserve to be on a coin? Susan B. Anthony? Why don't we have any Supreme Court Justice on a coin?
....the point again......time. There is no reason to be all up in arms about the attention Obama is getting....he is now apart of American History and you are here to see it. I bet if you lived next to Ben Franklin you would puke if some time traveler woke you up and handed you a $100 bill and said that people 220yrs from now are going to still be singing his praises.

...just get some perspective and step out of your current time line for a second or two and look into the future by understanding the past and you will be much more comfortable with how people are responding to Obama right now......not to mention that alot of people have just been through 8 years of hell....(right or wrong they felt that way)

Heros come from all walks of life and to hold politicians to a different standard is....well....I don't see the logic. I can think of some horrible role models we have today and we have been running out of choices.
Obama has the potential to be the real deal.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

Well then.

I can respect why some people push away any info "no matter how thought provoking" from David Icke, because there where great efforts in the past to discredit him and tarnish his name. The whole reptilian thing is greatly miss-understood beyond proportion and is just used to make him look bad, kinda like calling someone a "crazy black helicopter" person.

Just ignore the fact that what "David Icke" says is also what "Alex Jones" says and is also what "Webster Tarply" says and is also what "hundreds of whistle blowers" say and they all have no personal ties with each other yet they all say the same kinda thing. Its ok, we will throw out the baby with the bath water and the baby's bathroom as well.

Its kinda said that I gave you a really thought provoking analogy in my last post and you just come back with a flawed attack on "David Icke". It kinda makes me wonder why you are even here?

So, what I am getting from all of you guys that seem to be buying into the left side of the whole fake left side right side ideologies, is that "Obama" is our first black president and and it was great and wonderful and it will go down in the history books and that is it, life goes back to normal.

Lets just ignore the whole ushering in of the "New World Order" as well as "Fascism" as a fix for our economic crisis, lets ignore the troops on the streets and the FEMA Camps and the on going battles between law enforcement and the people. Lets ignore the fact that the whole retail market is going under and it is getting more and more difficult to by goods any more. Lets just ignore the fact that the dollar is devalued and bankers where allowed to loot not "700 billion" but "8.5 trillion" dollars from the tax payers and they will be able to loot more with the new stimulus package that is being passed.

& most importantly while all of this is going on, lets just ignore the fact that our kids and soon our military are pledging their allegiance to Obama and worshiping him as a messiah.

Move along, nothing to see here.

I do not go home and fear like a coward and I am not spouting doom and gloom, I am just simply trying to wake up all of you deniers that deny that all of this is going on and that it is not very pretty or warm and fuzzy, but we all have to face it.

In the end, I will be going home at the end of the day to give my wife and daughter a hug and kiss and kick back and drink some beer and hang out with friends and play some "World Of Warcraft" and just enjoy myself and have a good time, because I know what is ahead and I am willing to face it head on and I know I can survive whats coming. It is you people here that deny all of this that won't make it, and I will tell you right now, I will not save your pathetic denying ass when the time comes.

Love in light.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

I don't think I am misunderstanding his reptilian theory. Because I did watch about 3 hours of documentary footage and have read some of his books. I completely understand where he is coming from with whole Obama thing. I still have my reasons for voting Obama over McCain as I've stated. I am willing to take that risk. I am willing to be held accountable for electing a president that could turn out extremely bad for America, if Icke is right. I think at this point we'll just have to wait and see. I mean in honesty I would pick Icke over Jones. Just because Jones seems to be an awful self promoter, much more than Icke and I used to follow him closely and thought he was the greatest. Until a large portion of what he claimed......never happened. But we will wait and see my friend
. Perhaps we will look back some day on this thread and have a good chuckle.......or all be living underground fighting for survival.
Until then......

[edit on 29-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
they are painting an Obama mural in my school :| i mean I LIKE Obama and I'm really glad he became the president but a mural of him may seem a bit much since he hasn't done anything yet.

Edit: yeah its really cool that we have the first black president but to counter your response 2 posts down: Bush did a lot (I'm not saying he did good things but he did do a LOT that effected our country) but you don't see schools named after him do you? That is an unfair response but its true

And I am up for the mural I just think its kind of rediculous

[edit on 1/29/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

Thanks for the honest response NativeAmerican.

I am sorry that I singled you out, I just needed to release some of these fellings and frustrations that I have. You are ok in my book.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
they are painting an Obama mural in my school :| i mean I LIKE Obama and I'm really glad he became the president but a mural of him may seem a bit much since he hasn't done anything yet.

...this makes me smile ear to ear.

Do you mean people are really that forward thinking...this soon!

History has been made....first black President....I'm sorry people but that is going to be a chapter or two in our future history books. Just like 9/11 will be....did you not think it would? There will be schools "Obama elementary" football scores reading; Obama 47, Jefferson 30
....deny it all you want...but we are a part of American political history....

when you say he hasn't done anything.....come on....what President ever went 4 years and isn't known for something....do you think history will have nothing to write about Obama's Presidency?

He will be on a coin or paper currency in the future for certain....probably not in my life time but wake up and at the very least understand its historical significance of having a black President in the United States of America....it is done...it can't be undone. Lie someday and tell your great grandkids that you voted for him. God Bless America!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to jump in and say something.

I live in Las Vegas, and my son goes to a school in Clark County and his school does no such thing. I don't know what school this man's child goes to, but at my son's, they haven't done anything out of the norm.

They did write letters to the then president elect, but then again, I remember doing the same thing when I was in school.

I'm just wondering if this man would have the same objections if it was a picture of the other guy? Not to say it isn't a little...weird that the kids are staring at a big picture of Obama as they recite it.

Then again, his child is in first grade, and I have it on good authority that not every six year old is an expert on telling the truth.

ETA: These are six year olds. I don't know about you, but when I was six, the flag was nothing more than a pretty decoration. If my teacher had projected a picture of Bush SR. on the wall, I probably would have looked at that more than the flag.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by LysCat]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
SO whats the big deal???

I make my five girls prey to OBAMA every morning and evening ( except sat. night shift ).

We are trying to collect a tribute, my wife is selling her engagement ring and we will write a check soon...

We also want to attend the ACCESSION so we are saving for that 2.

GODBLESS OBAMA

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I know this is only vaguely related but I wanted to share it. A 15 year old in Arizona has come up with a new school prayer. I found it rather interesting so I started a thread about it. No-one ever comes to my threads probably because I do not know how to promote them but if anyone would like to read it, it is rather interesting here is the link to the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The day of the inaguration I was pretty annoyed, everyone was saying, "Obama is way better than McCain!!". How do they know that? What if McCain was better for us? The teachers actually got angry at me for stating my opinion...
But eh, who knows what Barack will do for our country. It might be bad, it might be good.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If its true, kudos to the kid who said "No, I don't want to do this".

Anyone who thinksor preaches that this president is a messiah needs to have their head examined.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm truly amazed at the direction we've gone- talk about derailment.

Before I get back to the point, I have to state a few bits-
I am an independent- I was a Ron Paul fan.
Another, I'm glad so many americans are optimistic again.
We are living in a historic moment when history is being made: Obama has joined the leagues of great men in our world; regardless of republicans or dems, we should all be wishing him well, as we should each other. Now is not the time for contrariness.

Back to the point- in two separate parts.
A. My first and foremost concern are small children; children whose little minds can't yet comprehend the Pledge of Allegiance itself, let alone subtle mind games- which it does not mean this is. What I find offensive first off is- children, in my time, were taught they are the future; they could change the world! We didn't look for one man to do it- we looked to the pres. as a leader, not a be-all-end-all.
Ie, we put stock in ourselves, had faith in ourselves. If- hopefully not, but IF Obama fails- then where does their hope go? Do they look to somone else to fix it?
Putting all our eggs in one basket is never smart. And hopefully teachers aren't teaching our kids that change begins nor ends with the highest office in the country, but that our world can be what we make of it- all of us.
And if our children pledge to follow him, no matter what, will they know when and if they've gone too far? Kids are impressionable, still learning right from wrong.
We arleady live in a world where most adults are desensitized to the atrocities our govt. has prepetrated on other parts of the world. Do we really want our kids to take part in this cycle- to be taught that this man is so great, he could never be wrong?
Putting so much stock in one person sets ourselves up for disappointment. Period.

B. I personally posted this story because it's very personal for me. I have young children, and I have family not far from this.
And for those who don't believe, it's cool. One, I posted what i found that peaked my attention. Two, I further relayed what I knew then and will now in a moment add more.
Three- it's best to do your own investigative journalism when at all possible. I do, as it's part of my job. That job, however, is not to convince you of anything.

What I've further learned is- the elem. school in question, by next week, will have Obama photos in each classroom. I, and those i've heard from agree with this whole-heartedly; although neither teacher admitted the children were asked to pledge directly to him.

Additionally, as where I'm concerned, I may praise the pres. actions and choices, policies and intentions, but I'll never praise him, the man. PRAISE OBAMA!- Nope, sorry, just doesn't sound right.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds like fertilizer to me but I thought it was pretty nauseating how kids were indoctrinated here after 911. Singing "Proud to be an American" is a mandatory part of some school's programs starting in preK.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is one incident and not indicative of an entire nation. So to act like this is pandemic is not accurate.

And there are going to be weird Obama people out there. Just like people have pictures all over of Tiger Woods, Brad Pitt, and even Paula Abdul had a stalker.

When someone is in the limelight, they are gonna get a weirdo.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
There was this one dude, I think his name was "Elvis"....man people thought he was something....called him "King"....they still to this very day make pilgrimages to his old house in Tenn. I think the place is called
"Graceland" they put flowers and candles out front...they cry.....

The Beatle's....a rock band of sorts I heard, that "invaded" our Country back in the day....they made girls cry.

I have heard that some people back in the 70's had a poster of some woman from a t.v. show....Charlie's Angels I think.....it was crazy because 100's of thousands of young boys and men had her poster on their bedroom walls....she must have been a Goddess or something.

...Wake the *&$% up and stop this nonsense about Obama being a "God"
and being all concerned. Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

Are you afraid that Obama might shake his hips on t.v.? (if you are too young to get the reference, sorry)

Oh....and this story....reeks of nonesense too.

Admire are you kidding he hasnt done anything yet. Time will tell about whether he will be any good or not. Get a grip people everybody in the US is so crazy about obama.

WHAT HAS HE DONE?

WHAT HAS HE CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.?

Obama is the most over hyped over rated over exposed president ever. Im sick of his face. Every time i turn on the UK news- obama watch day 7 blah blah blah.

And for the record he is mixed race.
It is simple biology 1 race + another race = mixed race
However this simple equation seems too complicated for most journalists and media cretins to figure out.

Rant over sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight

My point exactly
people are so stupid. In the UK you actually have to do something to have a mural, statue whatever made of you.

Obama getting one already that school principle need to sort his life out.

What a freak, he probably worships to him five times a day as well. Sort it out americans please it is embarassing.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

THe topic was this one school, not the entire nation, another person confirmed the incident, others are talking about similar incidences, no body is claiming a pandemic, but this may be the first few signs of one, one thing that is certain is that there are people (like The Bald Champion) who are instigating more of this Obama worship, the stuff that the media and Obama are trying to increase, why is he trying to sell himself even more now that he got what he wanted? Could it be that he wants more? That he wants our unquestioning devotion to him and his policies?

-Lahara

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join