It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School children complain of "Obama Worship" during lessons!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I didn't see where they were being made to pledge allegiance to Obama. Just that the teacher projected his image next to the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.
He goes on to say they are facing Obama's picture and not the flag.
Even though he previously stated they were side by side. So how can one tell?

Sounds more like an overzealous teacher than anything else, and the poster is just looking for excuses to panic.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
There was this one dude, I think his name was "Elvis"....man people thought he was something....called him "King"....they still to this very day make pilgrimages to his old house in Tenn. I think the place is called
"Graceland" they put flowers and candles out front...they cry.....

The Beatle's....a rock band of sorts I heard, that "invaded" our Country back in the day....they made girls cry.

I have heard that some people back in the 70's had a poster of some woman from a t.v. show....Charlie's Angels I think.....it was crazy because 100's of thousands of young boys and men had her poster on their bedroom walls....she must have been a Goddess or something.

...Wake the *&$% up and stop this nonsense about Obama being a "God"
and being all concerned. Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

Are you afraid that Obama might shake his hips on t.v.? (if you are too young to get the reference, sorry)

Oh....and this story....reeks of nonesense too.

in relation to this story, if it were true, it would only make sense if teachers made kids pledge allegiance to Elvis and the BEatles

Presumably they did not

Therefore odd

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
I didn't see where they were being made to pledge allegiance to Obama. Just that the teacher projected his image next to the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.
He goes on to say they are facing Obama's picture and not the flag.
Even though he previously stated they were side by side. So how can one tell?

Sounds more like an overzealous teacher than anything else, and the poster is just looking for excuses to panic.

Teacher needs a word in his ear and told to behave

link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
Obama has done nothing except spend a trillion on the rediculous stimulus packages.

lets not forget giving billions of dollars of (much needed) taxpayer's money
to countries such as Pakistan whos government is so barbaric and extremist that it still has the death penalty for blasphemy:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SpacePunk.
Perhaps the lines between public schools and private schools like jesus camp are blurring all the time and the conditioning of children through the hysterical idolising of figureheads by agenda driven individuals is a stark reality.

link   
Here is a link to a daycare like program, not saying its anything but i wouldn't be surprised a few schools are doing this.

www.cityofhenderson.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Though it was decades ago...........don't you love getting old
in all of my school days we had huge pictures of the current POTUS right next to the flag. I must agree that if this image only comes up during the pledge it is inappropriate, but remember the way the nation "worshiped" JFK?

Not to start a huge argument, but could some of this aversion be due to his race? I think part of the over the top admiration of this man is due to the mess we are in. Americans have the habit of expecting their leaders to fix everything, and things are in great need of being fixed now. Just a thought, but it could have basis for some people, but most certainly not all. red

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

Not to start a huge argument, but could some of this aversion be due to his race? I think part of the over the top admiration of this man is due to the mess we are in. Americans have the habit of expecting their leaders to fix everything, and things are in great need of being fixed now. Just a thought, but it could have basis for some people, but most certainly not all. red

I would say some people have an aversion to him because of his race................................but, not nearly as many as those who support him because of his race

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think that posters on this thread have a right to fear the quasi-messianic worship of the masses if that is how they perceive it to be. Who knows what that kind of mentality that could spawn. Maybe Hitler or the rise of Islam? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I would say some people have an aversion to him because of his race................................but, not nearly as many as those who support him because of his race

Yes, I always wondered about that one -in the mass hysteria leading up to the US election the media was constantly mentioning the man's race.

I though that did not matter.

I though you were either an American or not, irrespective of race.

I suspect equality is either all or nothing - what does it matter if
a man is red,white,yellow,black,blue or green?

Why keep mentioning it if it is not an issue?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have been noticing some idolicism going on with Obama lately. I've mainly noticed it because of all of the "youtube videos" and commercials, and other things of that nature. It seems like his camp is actually trying to reach children.

All of this after he's already been sworn into office? Why? It seems, to me, that his camp IS trying to portray him as a Messiah figure. Why are they still trying to sell him?

The only thing I can think of, is they are trying to obtain our absolute trust in him. This would make it alot easier for one's agenda to be pushed.

It kind of reminds me of lyrics from a song...

I will only complicate you. trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down..

I have nothing against Obama, if he follows through on his word, just like any other decent man, then I can respect him. If him or any other politicians take away our civil liberties, then well hey, God be with them, because the people will the power back. I completely believe that.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

What is the difference between "Obama-mania" and "Beatlemania"?

My point regarding the "Elvis" worship is that it still goes on today and we don't have crocodile tear threads being started about how this is dangerous to our youth or Country.

Has anyone come up with a name for those of you that just hate anything Obama? Is it just going to be too hard to accept that we might have another Washington, Lincoln, or name who you think was a great President in history?

The two party system being to blame? At what point of history did you think this arose? The Federalist and anti-Federalist were the two parties fighting over the Constitution. Two parties responsible for writing it. Soooo...no idea what your point was there.

People seem to admire whomever and for whatever reasons they personally have. For you to judge who is "worthy" for admiriation is not only naive but ignorant. I obviously admire Learned Hand and people like James Madison, Jefferson, Hamilton, John Marshall, Sting, Andrew Llyod Weber, MLK, Obama, Jimmy Carter, Gorbechev, ChurchHill, Blair, Reagan,
Gary Sinese, Kevin Spacey, Jesus, and Mortensen.......who are you to judge which people are worthy of praise?

Obama would not approve of anyone saying the pledge to him. It is ridiculous to even think that.

To my other friend....keep tabs on my posts every now and then during the Obama administration and you will find that I will have no problem in characterizing Obama even handedly. Right now I am pumped and impressed........ and though some of you who never lived during the cold war have no idea what I'm talking about here but, this war on terrorism is nothing compared to the fear some of us lived through when we thought that the Soviets were going to nuke us all in our sleep at any moment. The missle v missle shield confrontation that has been seemingly resolved between Russia and US, makes me feel alot better. so put the check in the first box for Obama there.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

weak....had nothing to do with the fact that he was one of the few competent contenders, A good speaker, charasmatic with a likeable demeaner. Not to mention quite humble and not full of himself. unlike previous president who stated that he believed his decisions were the will of God.

All this hype about obama, there is always gonna be some crazies out there, maybe in this case its the principle of the school. Obama doesn't hold himself in this regard. Bush was more likely to have requested something like this IMO

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This thread made me think of this video I stumbled across from youtube. It doesn't actually depict "Obama Worship" in the way that was described in the link from the OP, but this is sort of the pre-election theme I saw from many and still continues now. This school was in NC somewhere, but was apparantly aired on Swedish TV. It's a school teacher asking her class about who they support for the election. All the kids were also asked to give a reason for why they supported that candidate. Of course all the kids who supported Obama got approval, but the kids that had supported McCain were sort of mocked by the teacher.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

Thank You! My sentiments exactley. My son is in kindergarten and I was floored the other day when he came home from school. He didn't say much but my wife knew I would be hot.

His whole class cut out "pre-fab" Obama pictures and pasted them together to bring home!?!?! This thing was BIG, and I wanted to puke.
What do 5 year olds know or need to know about politics??
I don't recall ever in my school days making any "art" projects that depicted the President. Not Carter, Reagan, or Bush Sr. I agree that he is being held up as some sort of saviour or even better "idolized"

How is it the school districts place to "push" something like this on our children?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
At the risk of pointing out the obvious.... President Obama is no prize. It isn't nor has it ever been about Obama, it's about liberal people indoctrinating our children into liberal theology. Unilateral representation of one agenda in an effort to brainwash the young. Just look at voting demographics and mock elections that are held in schools.

Most schools, most times go toward the liberal candidate. Most registered voters 18-25 go liberal and slowly go the other way as they age.

Thank god he can only stay for 8 years... unless he can do what the far left promised Bush would do and find a way to stay forever. By the end of 8, everyone will be ready for ANOTHER change we can believe in.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I´d be VERY alert when things like these happen in school, as Voltaire put
it a long time ago: "Those who believe absurdities make atrocities."

I agreed with the other post said that agnostic parenting is tough.

A child should make her own mind about certain things in the world
(religion, politics, economy) and education should be about presenting
whats is on the school agenda, not any teachers agenda, thats not what
our tedious jobs over long hours are paying for.

If were with me, i photograph the whole thing and call authorities, file
a complaint and make a mess.

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I completely understand what you mean in this post, but what is disturbing about this "Obama Worship or mania" is that people are just blindly putting him into god status. The difference between Obama and Elvis, the Beatles, Thomas Jefferson, Justin Timberlake, and so on is that those other people contributed something that made them earn their iconic status. Obama came out of thin air, only did little over a 100 hours in the Senate, was put into messiah status the moment he won an virtually unopposed victory by becoming a senator. During the election for Senate for Illinois, Obamas original opponent was more popular and a scandal at the right time happened so that the other guy dropped out then suddenly the chicago media is calling this man the next president of the united states and got depicted as our savior. The only thing the man has contributed is that he is well spoken enough to say the words people want to hear and that he is the first black president.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is just one more thing to add to the pile of evidence against our people should we have to face the Founding Fathers. Boy are we going to get spanked for this.

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president."--Theodore Roosevelt

The thing that worries me is that only 3 classrooms out of all of them in America have been "reported". Just think about all the others that go untold about or the thousands or hundreds of thousands that are being tainted (for lack of a better word) by this. I go to college and I see Obamaltry all over the place, the worst is in the Political Science courses I'm taking, since no one will listen to reason when it comes to him.

Be weary for we are on a dangerous path.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

did pepsi infringe on the messiahs logo

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

What is the difference between "Obama-mania" and "Beatlemania"?

My point regarding the "Elvis" worship is that it still goes on today and we don't have crocodile tear threads being started about how this is dangerous to our youth or Country.

again the point doesnt really stand scrutiny with the alleged example, unless school teachers were makin kids pledge allegiance whilst beaming images of Elvis into the room at the same time.

You are discussing a separate issue about hero worship in general, not that of the President of the US in schools and being projected onto kids

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join