It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School children complain of "Obama Worship" during lessons!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sorry, i don't know how to snippet, but here is direct cuts from said article.

Several disturbing stories have come to our attention over the past weeks and days that further highlight how sections of the American population have elevated Barack Obama to a dangerously inflated “messianic” status normally only associated with Royalty or totalitarian leaders.

Perhaps the most insidious is to be found on the Tree of Liberty forum where a concerned parent from Las Vegas reveals that his 1st grader son has complained of having to pledge allegiance every day at school to a huge projected image of the new president.

The post reads:

My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn’t want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8×10 photo of the president. He said, “No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image.” I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, “No.” This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn’t see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

This is happening in the Clark County School District here in Las Vegas, Henderson area.

The fervor with which Obama is being received by portions of the American public is reaching a frightening level. It has come to the point where the new president is literally being hailed as the anointed savior of humanity.

We have flocks of celebrities encouraging Americans to “pledge service” to Obama, a disturbing notion given the fact that Obama has promised to found a “national civilian security force” and institute forms of compulsory community service for all Americans.

It is one thing for naive adults to buy into such groupthink, but to also subject young children to this, a mentality akin to the desperate prole worship of Big Brother in George Orwell’s 1984, is profoundly foreboding for any so called free society.

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by orderedchaos]

Mod Edit: To place ex tags, use "[ex ]" at the beginning of the article and "[/ex ]" at the end of the sourced material. Please note that the space contained within the brackets are to alow for your visibility and should be omitted when actually using them.

Also, please provide a commentary of your opinion as to the why you decided to post the sourced material. Thank you.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

Good thread -I read that post on the Tree of liberty forums.
If its true then it is extremely disturbing behaviour.

Just as in documentaries like 'Jesus camp' and 'Undercover mosque'
I suspect the mindset is
"Get em when they're young - the possiblities are endless"

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I read that - but had found that it was in a forum - it was not an article, nor has it been actually "confirmed". Someone posted that in a forum, I had not heard of before.

So, I would not take that has "actually" happening, until it is confirmed outside someone just posting it.

The person that posted that, could have made the whole story up, if there was an independent source, then I would be concerned, otherwise, I don't believe it.

Though I have watched the documentary on Discovery Channel - about "Jesus Camps" and they showed how the children were made to basically pray to Bush - and the camp put Bush up there as a "Jesus" figure. That is all on film and documented.

If this is event is documented - by a reliable source, only then I will believe it, otherwise, someone posting something in a forum without backup and pictures, do not lead me to believe it is true.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Very scary indeed. But of course, i doubt this will go anywhere. People are more concerned with the words "under God" in the pledge than the fact that they have elevated someone up to the level of a deity and worship him. Double-think much?

S&F

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What the hell is going on?

Honoring our president is no longer enough, now we're suppose to WORSHIP him?

Better yet, why are we to swear allegiance to a president? Correct me if my high school education was wrong, but- aren't we to swear allegiance to the flag, to the republic? Isn't the PRESIDENT expected to swear to the same?

If we swear allegiance to him, just who does Obama swear to?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
heres how to do it just put

at the start of the article and
at the end to achieve this below

Several disturbing stories have come to our attention over the past weeks and days that further highlight how sections of the American population have elevated Barack Obama to a dangerously inflated “messianic” status normally only associated with Royalty or totalitarian leaders.

Perhaps the most insidious is to be found on the Tree of Liberty forum where a concerned parent from Las Vegas reveals that his 1st grader son has complained of having to pledge allegiance every day at school to a huge projected image of the new president.

The post reads:

My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn’t want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8×10 photo of the president. He said, “No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image.” I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, “No.” This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn’t see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have a slew of in-laws in henderson/ las vegas with a dozen children in elementary down there.

I will contact them this evening- right now, they're still at work- and question whether their children's been a part of this.

They probably don't know, as this is new/ unconfirmed, but if there is basis, it's not as though it'd be advertised.

Changing the pledge of allegiance- such as 'one god' bothered me only in the sake of tradition, as I'm agnostic it holds little relevance to me. Despite my non-religious views, it didn't bother me that I said it all through school.

But to swear allegiance to a president- to what extent? IMO, Obama should be respected, honored, and revered to be a part of history, and PRAISED for noble works in upholding our constitutional govt. of 'we the people'.

isn't the pres. supposed to be a servant to the people? He is a well-spoken, intelligent, inspiring man, but still a man, nonetheless. not a god.

there are very scary happenings afoot, imo.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
What the hell is going on?

Honoring our president is no longer enough, now we're suppose to WORSHIP him?

"The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting they’ve been appointed and thinking they’ve been anointed".
Anon

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would refuse to do the pledge of allegiance, simple as that.

I am pledging allegiance to my country, I am not going to swear loyalty to a single man...a single man that only won his seat of power because he's black.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am amazed!

I didn't even know what the pledge was until I looked it up on Wikipedia after reading this thread. I think it's crazy enough that they do it at all just to a flag. This now explains to me why Americans are so patriotic.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As someone who didn't vote for Obama nor like him, I don't believe this at all.

1. This is some anonymous story someone posted on some forum. Anyone can make up anything. I could easily go start a thread right now and just make up some story and have tons of people believe me.

2. There is absolutely no cooberating evidence....no legit news story...nothing.

Sounds like propaganda to me.

Everyone should take anything they read online with NO evidence with a grain of salt IMO.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hello, greeneyedleo, as I am one myself.

I didn't vote for Obama, nor am I a fan myself. Though, I have my own reasons to believe this may be true.

1. Politics have become a hot topic in the classrooms over the past few months, especially where teachers are devout fans. Even my oldest daughter ( 10 ) came home with all kinds of info on Obama when election season was on high.

2. The term "worship" is used by the parent, though I don't think it's how the teacher would phrase it. If you take away the word worship and replace it with something more p.c., most would hardly think twice, as Obama is THE figurehead of our time.

3. If such an incident made it to the news front, there would be a positive spin on it, a kind of "positive reinforcement" that would serve to inspire other schools/ classes to do the same.

4. All the confirmation I personally need I will hopefully have later via family which live in north las vegas and henderson. ( my husband's expansive family all live there).

5. At face value, it doesn't appear to be a big deal at a time when the country is facing a huge economic crisis; most parents i know are too distracted to fret over the president's image being show in school, since kids are being taught a lot more about our current pres. than any other in history.

IMO, i think there may be some substance there. Personally, I hope there isn't, mostly due to the age at hand.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey there poster. I just wanted to know what school this happened at?
I live in Las Vegas and have lived here for a very long time. If you could tell me which school this was at, I could go investigate it myself and lay down any possible "tampering of evidence". A lot of people think this story was made up, so if you tell me which school, I will verify for all these people in here.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with either of these two websites, but one says the story is true and the other gives me the creeps...

Newsblaze.com

Boston Herald

Utube Link

Marilyn~

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Marilyn]

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There was this one dude, I think his name was "Elvis"....man people thought he was something....called him "King"....they still to this very day make pilgrimages to his old house in Tenn. I think the place is called
"Graceland" they put flowers and candles out front...they cry.....

The Beatle's....a rock band of sorts I heard, that "invaded" our Country back in the day....they made girls cry.

I have heard that some people back in the 70's had a poster of some woman from a t.v. show....Charlie's Angels I think.....it was crazy because 100's of thousands of young boys and men had her poster on their bedroom walls....she must have been a Goddess or something.

...Wake the *&$% up and stop this nonsense about Obama being a "God"
and being all concerned. Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

Are you afraid that Obama might shake his hips on t.v.? (if you are too young to get the reference, sorry)

Oh....and this story....reeks of nonesense too.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Children are so intelligent in their innocence! It is too bad more adults do not give them the credit and attention they so well deserve. We can learn so much from their view points!

Good post OP!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
As someone who didn't vote for Obama nor like him, I don't believe this at all.

1. This is some anonymous story someone posted on some forum. Anyone can make up anything. I could easily go start a thread right now and just make up some story and have tons of people believe me.

2. There is absolutely no cooberating evidence....no legit news story...nothing.

Sounds like propaganda to me.

Everyone should take anything they read online with NO evidence with a grain of salt IMO.

If the media doesn't report it...it is not true? I guess since the media didn't report on JFK's many affairs, that they didn't really happen? This is very scary, putting so much faith in a very biased media.

I believe that anything read or seen in media with NO evidence should also be taken with a grain of salt also IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That isnt what im saying, nor the point im trying to make.

Im saying that just because someone posts a story anonymously, it doesnt necessarily make it true and it should be taken with a grain of salt and not as fact just because. Having cooberating evidence helps a story. A school name, a teacher, news story.....something along those lines helps show the story is factual and not just made up.

I feel this way about ANY topic that is posted here.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
While we can probably chalk this up to individual sensibilities. I must say that allowing something like this to continue sets a very dangerous precedent. I can understand basic hero worship, or even seeing Obama as the culmination of this country's post-racial dreams. But should stories like this continue. We should start to worry.

For now I will chalk this up to individual action.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Maybe you would believe it if you confirmed that the Clark County School District in Las Vegas really exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join