It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School children complain of "Obama Worship" during lessons!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is what Obama-Mania leads to.

Im am pretty sure this is really happening. MY youngest brother is 13 and attends the school that I attended. He has said to me that stuff like this is happening. He said that anyone who didnt agree with Obama or support him was scolded.. by classmates and teachers.

Like my old sig said... Obama mania leads to ignorance in denial.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

you should change your thread title to
"A School Child complains of "Obama Worship" during flag pledge.

a- because it was only one child complaining.

and b - because it was not during lessons, it was during the pledge.

if it's to be confirmed at all... you're exaggerating on both fronts..

not to defend Obama or you.. just telling you you're off base and being a rumor monger.

-

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

you should change your thread title to
"A School Child complains of "Obama Worship" during flag pledge.

a- because it was only one child complaining.

and b - because it was not during lessons, it was during the pledge.

if it's to be confirmed at all... you're exaggerating on both fronts..

not to defend Obama or you.. just telling you you're off base and being a rumor monger.

-

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

The question is why do so many admire him? It's not what he has done for the country - he's barely been in a week. People simply admire him for his words. And politicians are famous for lying.

Let people praise him for the things he does, I have no problem with that. But when people support anyone to the point where they will not disagree with them on any grounds, it gets dangerous.

It would not suprise me if this is true at all. There are that many subliminal things going on to present Obama as some sort of messiah, it's not funny any more, it's scary.

Obama being deliberately presented as a messiah only means one thing. People are being brainwashed into thinking he cannot do anything wrong. And when he does do wrong, I doubt these people will even notice.

[edit on 28/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
not to spread further rumors that can't be "officially corroborative" by the press, but spoke to sister-in-law.

Apparently, there was a few "concerned parents" in her daughter's school this morning to speak with the principal at the elem., and due to second hand info- admit, definately subjective- a first year teacher was trying something new, and two others agreed that a picture of obama might make children more hopeful in light of surrounding negativity.

I understand the skepticism, no hard proof, I wish had some ( as if this were a prediction instead of an article, ha)

whether the "inspiration" will continue despite a few complaints, she hasn't heard. Maybe the display is within the school's rights ( doesn't necessarily make it right)- a slow mind manipulation worries me.

sorry, the title is misleading, though I copied it from the article.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't this be all over fox news? Still though it wouldn't surprise me, i hear and see a lot of this O worship around me often.

Hey but everyone was screaming all that time for separation of church and state. Well then, now you can worship your president, and not worry. Cause it's all one big happy anti-christ family

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
This is some anonymous story someone posted on some forum.

Well ... I'm not anonymous and I'll back it up somewhat.

My daughter has been coming home from school this entire month complaining about her substitute English teacher. A lot of the kids are complaining. This sub fits the discription of Obamatron perfectly.

It's English class. Instead of Verbs, Nouns, and sentence structure, the kids have been barraged with Obama this and Obama that and it's a 45 minute rants of pro-Obama bunk each and every day. They aren't learning anything in class. The whackadoo is using her power position over the children - and her intimidation - to blather on and on about her saviour. She isn't doing the job of teaching English. She's acting like an MSNBC Obama-junkie.

At least she doesn't have them singing songs to him. If she were full time I'd be willing to bet she'd find a way to make that happen.

Thank God her last day is Friday.

Creepy video of children singing to Obama

Originally posted by Cio88
Like my old sig said... Obama mania leads to ignorance in denial.

You should put it back up.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I believe this is happening, and it is refreshing to see that even small children are able to recognize the unnecessary hero-worship of our 1.5-week-old president. I would bet a hefty sum that this is going on in a lot more places than NV.

Regarding "why" obamamania is so widespread, look no further than Obama's book, 'The Audacity of Hope":

Obama's Blank-Screen Deception

"I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views."

Read that over a few times and really think about that sentence. The reactions he has received are engineered and were by design. This is painfully obvious IMO.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Obama has done nothing except spend a trillion on the rediculous stimulus packages.

Cult of Personality anyone??

What makes it even more sad he is just a puppet.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

There was this one dude, I think his name was "Elvis"....man people thought he was something....called him "King"....they still to this very day make pilgrimages to his old house in Tenn. I think the place is called
"Graceland" they put flowers and candles out front...they cry.....

The Beatle's....a rock band of sorts I heard, that "invaded" our Country back in the day....they made girls cry.

I have heard that some people back in the 70's had a poster of some woman from a t.v. show....Charlie's Angels I think.....it was crazy because 100's of thousands of young boys and men had her poster on their bedroom walls....she must have been a Goddess or something.

...Wake the *&$% up and stop this nonsense about Obama being a "God"
and being all concerned. Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

Are you afraid that Obama might shake his hips on t.v.? (if you are too young to get the reference, sorry)

Oh....and this story....reeks of nonesense too.

I have no real opinion on the topic as far as if it is happening or not, but I had to reply to this.

There is a big difference when 1 person does this, and when 1 person does this in front of a group like this. When it is done like this, then it becomes cult like. The topic if true is a bit beyond the point of posters in a bedroom.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Obama Mania, Yuck! I am glad that I live in a area in Utah that does not suscribe to the cult like worship of Obama that some do. My daughter has been keeping an eye out for this sort of stuff at school and so far nothing. Utah has it's stigmas for sure but at least I don't have to deal with this, YAY!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
First off let me say that I voted for Obama. Having said that I think its insane that people are acting like this. If anyone had told me to say the pledge to a picture of George Bush in school I would have protested, I would do the same for Obama. People need to realize that even if things will be better under Obama, he is still just another politician. Anyone who has the backing to actually make it to the White House has sold out at somepoint to someone. Obama is in somebodies back pocket just like everyone else who has held his position. What is most ridiculous is that the same people who would have had a fit over this behavior if it was Bush's picture are the ones putting up Obama's picture. I was naive to think that hypocrisy fell more to the right than the left.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I don't think its necessary to honor the president, as its his job to honor the citizens who are his collective employer. Honoring your employee as a fellow human being and who will follow orders and do a good job of overseeing your joint assets and your children's inheritance, with a lot of public (employer) input just creates a good work ethic, really depends on how good a job he's doing, as is true with any employee.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Saying the pledge is important. Darby Conley makes this very clear in GET FUZZY.

God bless Darby Conley.

Click here to learn about THE PLEDGE

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

There was this one dude, I think his name was "Elvis"....man people thought he was something....called him "King"....they still to this very day make pilgrimages to his old house in Tenn. I think the place is called
"Graceland" they put flowers and candles out front...they cry.....

The Beatles....a rock band of sorts I heard, that "invaded" our Country back in the day....they made girls cry.

I have heard that some people back in the 70's had a poster of some woman from a t.v. show....Charlie's Angels I think.....it was crazy because 100's of thousands of young boys and men had her poster on their bedroom walls....she must have been a Goddess or something.

...Wake the *&$% up and stop this nonsense about Obama being a "God"
and being all concerned. Does it piss you off that instead of a Rock God, Movie idol, or Sports God, that we have some politician that we can admire for once!

Are you afraid that Obama might shake his hips on t.v.? (if you are too young to get the reference, sorry)

Oh....and this story....reeks of nonsense too.

This quote above is extremely naive. This quote also illustrates that some people no longer know the difference in reality and fiction...acting/entertaining and real leadership.

All these people the quote illustrates above are entertainers..they are not leadership people. The OP is trying to pass of entertainers as if they were the same thing as responsible leadership..they are not.

What this post quoted above illustrates clearly is that many of us no longer know the difference in Hollywood and the entertainment industry and the characteristics of real leadership.

When we become so morally destitute that we look to Hollywood figures to lead us down the political path we should be deciding on our own merits and demerits...we are going downhill rapidly.

We elect actors as governors, mayors, and even a President and cannot seem to understand why real positive change does not take place.

And we are somehow so far gone and naive as to think that because a president is black, or female, or whatever is the next popular template, that change is going to take place??

I happen to think that this template described by the OP is in fact taking place in some schools. IT is taking place because schools and colleges are the ideal cloistered environment necessary to accomplish what is being described by the OP. There is a captive audience here..an audience which can be controlled. It would not work out in public with most of the current generation out here ....but it would work in the controlled/cloistered/ laboratory environment of a public school.
What you need to look for is tell tale evidences that this is taking place in what we call junior high and high school levels. I say this because this is the next generation coming of voting age.

Remember something here which is not told to most of the public and I believe this is deliberately not told to us. Politics..the body politic... pays for and finances public education. In other words they are producing the next generations of voters. Are they more likely to teach the next generation of peoples to be good citizens or to be controllable, predictable, malleable, guaranteed voters? To do this one must begin them at a young age. You must develop people short on thinking skills and high on predictability/emotions. What do you see taking place in the so called Two Party system?? Think seriously about this. It is a definite trend if you can connect the dots. Is the two party system becoming more of an emotional train wreck or more responsible thinking/analytical/issue oriented?? Is hollywood's idol worship high on thinking or high on emotional control to sell tickets. popcorn, and candy.
Now just extend this answer over to the body politic since they are so obviously in bed together. Are they. the body politic, selling you a ticket to the show complete with popcorn and candy??

Howbeit that this poster I have quoted above cannot seem to differentiate between responsible leadership and the idol worship of the Hollywood and entertainment industry. Can it be that in the minds of so many people these lines have been deliberately blurred for at least a generation such that people can no longer tell the difference in reality and emotion filled showtime??

When you begin to understand the connections which have taken place from somewhere back with Ronald Reagan ...the Hollywood/entertainment/Idol Connection...and the inability to separate fantasy or the big screen...with reality, you will understand how the two are related to the whoredom which has become politics today.

Politics has become showmanship...the use of showmanship to buy, sell, and trade the souls of the American public willingly for political lucre. And showmanship has become an important part of politics.
The poster I quote above is so bold about this at to think no one else reading this thread would see it and recognize it for what it is. And furthermore ..why would most of us even recognize this deliberate blending of hollywood, the entertainment industry, and politics. Especially in a generation raised on television and movies.
How many people do you know who cannot express a moral idea or concept outside of something they have seen in a movie or a television program. When you see this enough ..it becomes obvious that they have movie/television second hand lives, emotions, and thinking. They have so few actual life experiences of thier own.
So many people out here cannot express a moral thinking idea or concept outside of something they saw on a movie or television screen.
And these people are voters???!! Think about it!!

It becomes very easy over time to put people like this on a string for their votes.
Public education has become just another facet of the politics of emotional control.
It will wax worse as time transpires. It must do so to maintain political power.

The emotional connection helps greatly in getting people to voluntarily sell their souls for the price of a ticket, some popcorn, and candy.

Beware of to whom and for what you sell your thinking, your soul, and your vote.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

"Jesus Camp" is a private camp. It's not a public school.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well,even if this is true,is it Obama's fault that someone is "worshiping" him or whatever?Blame the looney who actually does that thing.

Btw,as i've said in the past,i don't know Obama and,yeah you guessed right,it's doubtfull that i'll meet him in the future either
so i'm not taking his side or anything like that.It's just that people shouldn't blame him for something that it's not his fault.

I agree that we saw and maybe we still see people going "Obama-maniacs"
but it's equally true that we see people going "Obama-phobics",am i wrong?
Imho those things do happen when someone has charisma.What i mean:just one person being able either he wants it or not to attract attention on him/her.
Offcourse this is just me personal opinion.

Other than that,we still don't know if this is true or false.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join