It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's posts sizzling 80% profit rise in 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
McDonalds is crap food, seriously eat a pasty or something...

If you wanna sit down and eat then McD's makes you look cheap and a little greesesy, spend a couple of quid more and get a pub lunch, nice baked potato and a pint.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The last time that I ate there, I got a Big Mac and Fries and a water, and it cost me like $5 for a good lunch. I weight 102 lbs, like, it's not a big deal for it to be unhealthy.

And it's even cheaper than making a salad or something, plus things that you keep in your house go bad.

Usually I eat Ramen for lunch, but I workout every day, so as long as you aren't super lazy, it's okay. And get your cholesterol checked and all that.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

They used to say "our beef patties are made from 100 percent pure American beef". That was 20 or so years ago.

Today they only say "our beef patties are made from 100 percent pure beef".

Yes, and what does it mean to say "our beef patties are made from 100 percent pure beef". The fact is, it's mostly soya bean with %100 beef flavor.
So they are not lieing it is made with 100% beef, it's just not 100% beef.

See what I'm saying?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

The 58 million figure is global.

This admission has drastically diluted my intended significance.

So much for reading comprehension.

I read somewhere that McDonalds is moving to Afghanastan in a major way.

AAC

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

Originally posted by jhill76
Also, if you are with your better half, an expensive date doesn't matter, it's just the time spent together.

In McDonalds?

What a way to spend time on Earth. You have no class.

haha very funny, but you missed his point. Time spent together not the place, the place doesn't matter. You could have the greatest time of your life sitting in the back of a stinky mcdonalds restaurant with the right person.

Anyway on topic, I haven't been to mcdonalds for months, but I've been tempted a few times, these damn ads everywhere when your feeling hungry, a nice burger sounds goood. But yes mcdonalds feels crappy.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

Can you post links to this? Interesting.

AAC

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
This doesn't surprise me to be honest. I'm always seeing vouchers and tickets offering good deals. Take for instance, I use the bus everyday. On the back of the bus ticket, there is a deal going, Fries and BigMac for £1:99.

That's exactly what happened to me today, I found an old bus ticket with a special deal offer, and I thought to myself, why not go there soon. Luckily the voucher was out of date haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Here in Canada, when you hire part time workers as opposed to full time, you don't have to pay all the tax's you do with full time workers nor do they have to provide benefits for part timers. To find the info on this you would have to look up the Canadian Employment Act. But it's common knowledge here in Canada. It's probably the same in Brittan and other countries as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'd like to see the Bill of Ladings for the 80% more goods they must've ordered to keep up with these record sales.

More likely a new set of books and laundering parallel this extraordinary "growth" than not.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'll eat McDonalds breakfast OCCASIONALLY, but I will not go anywhere near their other menu. That stuff IS HORRIBLE.
Flavor is no substitute for healthy living. Not when I can cook lemon peppered chicken breast for the same price.

No way, no how.
Now I've just got to kick my soda habit and I'll be set.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I hate to admit, I eat corporate death burger like three times a week. When you work and take classes you don't have any time to make something.

I've noticed though, whenever I eat mcdonalds I just feel sick and gross. Not because of eating but it's more of a grossed out kinda thing, even though their food tastes great.

And I also noticed, when I see their ads or hear of food, I just have to eat mcdonalds.

This sounds overboard but, I smoke and I have never craved a cig as much as I crave a double cheeseburger from there. Kind of sad really. I'm not overwieght but i'm sure my heart is really F'ed up.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by BugByte

Can you post links to this? Interesting.

AAC

This is as close as I can find with all the pages of info in the Canadian Employment Act. I just don't have the time to go through it all to find the specifics.
www.mom.gov.sg...

Basically part timers don't get the same benefits as full timers. In the event of holiday pay me as a full timer I get all paid holidays at 8 hours. But with part timers they are under the 35 hours which only provides for some pay, the problem is many part timers work full time, but since they are listed as part time they loose out.
It's a huge scam here in Canada that many Canadian are starting to realize and many are complaining big time.

In Canada, more and more corporations are switching to part time employment only.

I would rather starve than work as a part timer, for minimum wages.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I hate to admit, I eat corporate death burger like three times a week. When you work and take classes you don't have any time to make something.

I've noticed though, whenever I eat mcdonalds I just feel sick and gross. Not because of eating but it's more of a grossed out kinda thing, even though their food tastes great.

I know exactly what you mean, bad foods in general. They taste great, it feels good. But after you've finished you have a sick feeling. You don't really feel ill or sick, but you feel crappy. A I don't feel so healthy feeling.

When you eat good food, you get the opposite, you get this healthy nice feeling after.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I smoke and I have never craved a cig as much as I crave a double cheeseburger from there.

Are you serious? I do not smoke and had always imagined the craving to be far worse than the desire for certain 'bad' foods.

[edit on 26/1/09 by YourForever]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yea exactly, thanx for putting it in better words haha.

I mean yea I crave the food, it tastes deilicious, but it just wears me out and makes me feel so crappy.

Compared to some fresh veggies, and fresh chicken, I feel rejuvenated after I eat good food.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh good. Perfect. It's like the oil companies always showing these ridiculous profits.
What is wrong with this picture? Everything.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Yeah completely serious, it's really wierd.

I mean if i'm driving and I see a mcdonalds, I would rather go eat there than smoke. Even if i'm not hungry I crave miccie d's more.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I agree Matt, it's okay in moderation, but there's no reason to forget what it can do to your health just because it's "cheap".

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Oh, the whispers of the subconscious mind. It knows what it wants, however it is grounded out by the ego's desire.

AAC

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I fully support eating at McDonald's every once and a while. I used to eat there with some friends of mine from time to time. Then they watched the movie Super size Me and they stopped eating at McDonald's all together. I am not going to say that McDonald's is healthy in any way shape or form but are they seriously trying to tell me they had no clue that it wasn't good for them!

I will be honest and say that I have not been to McDonald's for a while, but I'm not going to rule it out as an option.

During a time when people want to save money McDonald's is the place to go. You can get a double cheeseburger for a dollar. Go to a nice healthy place to eat and try to beat that.

Somebody mentioned something about all of their part time workers and that is true. But they have always had part time workers and that wouldn't help their profits rise now. Also, I don't know anybody who started working at McDonald's with the intentions of working their way up the ladder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join