It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan. 12,2009 Diamond shape UFO over Pasadena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is great footage of a UFO sighting filmed over Pasadena, CA. There are 3 videos filmed by the same person. He also has another video posted of the same object filmed in Russia. To me, this is truely a UFO. Click on the link below to see for yourself.

www.incahoots.tv...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Digital cameras do odd things. This is my demonstration of what sort of things.

This is Venus (I know this because I took the video and I know what Venus is)...
This is Venus on a digital video camera with digital zoom and autofocus

[edit on 1/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That looks edited. Good disinformation though, lol. I will take this in consideration when I get more proof from other members. For now, I will hold onto this being a UFO. Thanks for the info though!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
That looks edited. Good disinformation though, lol. I will take this in consideration when I get more proof from other members. For now, I will hold onto this being a UFO. Thanks for the info though!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

The ccd micro architecture becomes an image artifact under certain conditions Phage's video is spot on a dead ringer for the Pasedena video.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree that the some of the footage is the same, but the first image it shows doesn't look the same at all to me. That's why I mentioned editing. It's like it was combined with some other footage. I'll would need proof that all of that was footage taken from the same camera.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Bravo Phage!

That was an excellent representation of the distortion of camcorders. JKL08 and I try to always include comparison shots with our videos of the unusual "craft" that are showing up in Austin skies lately. In between sightings we film common sky objects and we narrate saying "this is how a plane looks using this cam, this is a helicopter, this is Venus, this is a satellite, etc". Also, we've found that the less you zoom the better, maybe one, maybe two zooms and then back out and stay out and do your best to follow the "craft". That way you can see it move past the stars, past trees, powerlines, buildings clearly.

I gotta say that you have a steady hand, mine are always kinda shaky, JKL08 is excellent at keeping his camera steady also. Hopefully soon we'll be able to send them in to ATS for the Austin thread. We're waiting on the tech gear for uploading to be delivered.

Anyhow, I totally agree with you, the "ufo" in the OP's post is Venus.

Highest regards,

STM

[edit on 1/24/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Thanks. My cheap tripod is a lot steadier than my hand.

The devil is in two things; auto-focus which makes a point source slide in and out of focus creating a pulsating effect, and digital zoom which is just...bad. D-Zoom is the worst offender but put the two of them together and add atmospheric distortions and you get some weird stuff.

Bottom line is that it's not easy to get a quality shot of anything at night unless it's very close.

[edit on 1/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're right, jritzmann told us the same advice and it has helped greatly. Auto focus and the digital zoom is the worst combo on night shooting. JKL08 has been very lucky the last few nights and some came down fairly close, we're hoping they literally land in the open lot next to his home. Seems like they might, they are coming in closer and closer as time goes by. That's only if they can find a window when the military doesn't show up too quickly, usually they fly over about five minutes after the "craft" have left the area.

Wish you were here with us,

STM

Edit to add: Tripods are difficult for us, most pop in to sight right overhead and also it's difficult to keep them in the picture with a tripod they're moving so fast.

[edit on 1/24/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
No, not the rhombus again!

A panasonic version here:

Plus, i've filmed yesterday Venus again, and i have the best rhombus of mine. But it have to steal my time to procees that high definition movie. Surely i will do that, hopping in denying ingorance .

[edit on 25/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by depthoffield
Plus, i've filmed yesterday Venus again, and i have the best rhombus of mine. But it have to steal my time to procees that high definition movie. Surely i will do that, hopping in denying ingorance .
[edit on 25/1/09 by depthoffield]

As i promise.

my second Diamond UFO:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Good job guys making your own videos to prove the Pasadena one non-authentic!

You know the guy must have filmed Venus, when he said it appeared for several nights in a row in the same place at the same time. I guess people really are that ignorant.

top topics

join