It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumble Vexes Sequoyah County

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I work in the Mcalester area during the week. It is a common occurance to feel and hear the bombs going off at the Army Ammonution Base. Just this week i felt about 15 bombs in a thirty minute time span in the McAlester area. I live in Haskell County, about 55 miles from McAlester and about 30 miles from Sallisaw. I have never felt any tremors nor have heard the effects from the bombs where I live. I highly doubt that the odd goings on in Sallisaw are from bomb disposal in the McAlester area. Just my cents.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
FIRST, to the Anonymous poster who asked about South Florida

"Thinking back, I wish I would have been there when they were being replaced so I could have seen exactly what was underneath the cracked tiles. Eerily, none of the adjacent neighbors had any damages (maybe they had carpeting which was popular then).

To this day, this remains as one unsolved mystery to me which is why this thread called my attention.

Anyone from South Florida experienced this?

Thank you. "

YES! But not to this degree. I live in SW FL and I SWEAR I feel rumbles in the ground, usually between 9 and 11 am. This is QUITE weird because we live at sea level and there shouldn't be ANYTHING going on underground here.

SECOND, to Sleepless in US Put Oklahoma in the title of your thread. Maybe you'll get more response? Also, are there any universities in your area? Maybe someone there has equipment that could help you track the direction of the rumble? Maybe a geology dept?? Just thinking with my fingers.......

Good luck on finding the cause. I plan to keep reading.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I didn't see this but a seismograph crew doing the new deep seismograph?

This new tech. is going very deep and that part of the state has a lot of limestone and probably undiscovered caves that might amp up the sound waves.

Roper

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's the Russians using scalar weapons to trigger the fault line in Arkansas

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Someone on the OP orignal like suggested there is a map of D.U.M.Bs on you tube and that they are siting almost directly on top of one.

loads of videos to look at will need help reviewing for map

Earlier some asked where is the dirt will if you have lots of deep coal mone shafts in the area then you probally have pently of holes to drop it into.

Problem is labour and energy usd to create such work. If its all trucked in does anyone notice anything in the area?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This link will take you to some of the consensus of the locals...

www.4029tv.com...//forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm%3Fsitekey%3Dfts%26Forum%3D365%26Topic%3D19416

Well, I thought it would. Try this one www.4029tv.com... Down at the bottom there is a link to the "forums"... Some good info in there.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ask Bechtel? If they don't have an answer, no one does.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I decided against making the trip over that way today. Reason being is that I've personally concluded that this is military in origin. That being the case, I don't expect being there for myself will net any results.

It could be a number of things related to military operations, it is widely rumored that there are underground facilities in that area. This is unlikely to be the cause, as we would find better seismic registers. Most likely this is the military either conducting test flights or artillery exercises and the sound is bouncing off the atmosphere and carrying down the river valley. Probably out of Ft. Sill.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Are you sure its not trains? My city, we have a train depo thing where they reset train cars and stuff. They make alot of these booms. You can feel them in the windows up to 20 blocks away.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I suppose that is also a possibility. Heavener, Oklahoma is nothing but a large train depot. Not too far from there, either.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The area of the Stephenville UFO's, Hurricane Katrina and Sequoyah County, Oklahoma form a triangle. It is about a 400 mile triangle. It may be a far stretch but, they could be related.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Having worked for some of the largest tunneling contractors over the last 4 years this sounds like an effect of drill and shoot tunneling. However there would be record able seismic activity related to this form of mining, the fact that the powers that be are claiming a divergent theory would most certainly suggest a cover up.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jackx6949

Wow, I live in Pawnee, OK and around 3 am Thursday, 1-22-09, I heard an unusual rumble that seemed to go from west to east. It lasted for several minutes and then faded. It wasn't thunder. As a native Californian I grew up with earthquakes and this definitely wasn't an earthquake.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i live in arkadelphia ar which is in the southwest central corner and i have been hearing a deep distant rumble the past few nights the first time i heard it i thought it sounded like a car stereo bumping but from far away and other nights it has sound like really far off thunder but we have had no rain lately and didn't really think anything of it till today when i have found several web articles describing the same thing, well now by curiosity is up and i will be paying more attention where i here them again

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

This is the first time I have responded to any of these and I really don't know what I'm doing. Forgive me if I mess up. I live in Louisiana
and many of my friends feel tremors during the night but no sounds.
This has gone on for months but no one can tell us what is causing it. I lived in Oklahoma in the 60's at Clinton OK. My husband was in the Air Force, at Clinton Air Force Base.
But as far as I know they shut that base down. Maybe something going on there? I don't know the area you are in. Or, something going on due to the rumors of the north american union? Maybe they are building roads?
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It sounds like someone is blasting. I used to work about a mile from a quarry and almost everyday, at the same time, they would set off their charges. The entire building would shake, it was very disquieting if you were not expecting it.

The local authorities should check with the local mining operations and see if their activities coincide with the reports.

Another point is that it could be military activity as well, sonic booms, live fire exercises, etc.

I doubt that it is the Reptilian hordes tunneling their way under the county.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I would like to begin by thanking everyone that has participated in my first thread
so thank you.

I think the thread has gotten to the point that people are no longer reading through the thread and are therefore making what i like to call "repeater posts"
So I am going to take my leave with the explanations that were given by the media and leave it at that until I can gather any new insights or information.

Thanks again everyone!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I suppose that is also a possibility. Heavener, Oklahoma is nothing but a large train depot. Not too far from there, either.

I was only in Heavener once, to see the Viking runes, and I did get stopped by the trains, but it looked to me to be just your basic by-pass yard, and I would be surprised if there was a lot of switching going on, which is what would account for the loud noises of rail cars colliding. Beautiful country up there, from Broken Bow Lake to Winding Stair and Poteau. I’m due for another trip come spring.

This is the kind of thread that's likely to go on a bit. Personally I hope we keep getting first hand reports from people in the area.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Any one for gas explosions in the mines.

What little air is left is a breeding ground for gases
from Uranium that would otherwise be absorbed in the earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok fasten down tin foil hats and read this...

Similar condition known as BARISAL GUNS (from location in India) where
strange rumblings were heard. Common phenomena all over world

mysite.du.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join