It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumble Vexes Sequoyah County

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The other thing that gets me is the timing...

Were all of these really reported around noon each day?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

lol well i dont think anyone brought aliens into the equation
and although I like the idea of underground tunnelling, I have no idea where the dirt is or even where to begin looking for it ROFL. I guess it would be easier to find the piles of dirt for you if we knew where the tunnelling begins.

Anyway, I dont believe anyone said that it IS tunnelling.... was merely mentioned as a possible.

Do you have an idea as to what is going on? Or are you happy with the McAlestar explanation.

side note.... if they have been setting off old bombs everyday around noon for the past 50 years...... that would be about 17000 + bombs.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Maybe you can drive around in the day time and look for openings or suspicious structures around your area. I think that is what I would do and maybe a night too around the times you hear the noise to maybe gat an idea of what area they are coming from. That would be fun. If you haven't already looked around. If you have, did you see anything?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It is weird but i live in a completely different part of the world.
For a week or so now i have noticed the same phenomenon.
There is definitely something going on.
I live in Heraklion, Crete, Greece, and a have a habit of working late in my office when there are no telephones or any other things to distract you from being productive.
Although my office is right at the heart of the city centre after a point of time it becomes dead quiet.
It is at those hours that i hear the rumbling thunder type vibration.
-Even noticed it once while listening to a stream of music.

I repeat myself:

THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING GOING ON.

By the way we dont have an undrground or subway.
There is no construction going on during the night at any part of the city.
There are no night clubs or bars in my neighbourhood.
The city centre is pedestrianised, so it s not any cars subwoofer blasting low freqs.

If you want my opinion, i had resolved on any of three things, even before bumping on this thread.

1) There is something flying about, and you know damn well what i am reffering to.
2) There is something going on with funny Israely weaponry in the Gaza strip.
3) I am missing something.

Most propable to me?

Tha flying thing.
However its weird that the phennomemnon lasts for about 5 seconds and then is gonne , without any signs of repetition, or getting distant.
Switch on smoothly-switch off smoothly type of thing.( I am not too sure about the length it lasts. ( Haven t heard it tonight- i am posting from my house- its 5 in the morning over here.)
I think i never heard it twice on the same night.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My dad grew up in Roland and now lives just outside of the City. I'll call and ask him if he's experienced any of this.
This is a three line post.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I live in Michigan about 100 miles north of Detroit way out in the country, very quiet and peaceful.

I took a nap today at about 5:00 P.M. EST and as I was laying there I felt a rumble. It felt like an 18 wheeler parked in my yard outside my bedroom window but without the noise. I have never felt anything like it except standing next to a semi but dead silence.

I read this thread and thought of what I felt today.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soboro

LOL that was very witty and funny LOL. Thank you for the chuckle.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Okay so far we got Greece, Ohio, Michigan, and Oklahoma reporting these noises. Very interesting. Maybe it is the big one about to erupt? Sounds very interesting. Remember Yellowstone lately? Something is going on and I think if it were man made it would not be heard at all these different points on the globe, unless everyone is working in cinch. Very interesting indeed. i do not know what to make of it? The timing does lend itself to idea of being a man made but all over like this, that gives me doubts. Nothing is showing up on the earthquake web site?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
its the locust horde tunneling up to reclaim the planet! lolololol

Edit: on a more serious note: maybe this is related to the predicted earth shattering earthquake from october that never happened.

[edit on 1/23/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Missouri seems to be a connection to some kind of plan. It is centrally located and have you ever noticed that its the only state in the country, maybe the world that has every square inch mapped out by satellite on Google earth.

Border to border. I have thought about doing a thread on it before. Check it out on Google earth it stands out like a soar thumb.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I did a news search to find out more. I just copied the first thing I came to which was "Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office". I enter that into Google News. It turns out that back on the 10th of this month they found a bunch of there computer files missing. Makes you wonder if the two are related.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

ROFL how funny... just looked at google earth to see what you were talking about and I understand what you mean. Oregon looks the same but those are the only two states that look like that. Interesting!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

I should have mentioned Oregon so there wouldn't be any confusion, because I noticed it too. The thing is even Oregon has some gaps in the mapping.

Missouri is 100% covered. I mean why Missouri of all the damn places? I would understand maybe California, or Florida, but Missouri?

I just made a thread on the Missouri thing so I dont derail this thread. You can find it here.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
Okay so far we got Greece, Ohio, Michigan, and Oklahoma reporting these noises. Very interesting. Maybe it is the big one about to erupt? Sounds very interesting. Remember Yellowstone lately? Something is going on and I think if it were man made it would not be heard at all these different points on the globe, unless everyone is working in cinch. Very interesting indeed. i do not know what to make of it? The timing does lend itself to idea of being a man made but all over like this, that gives me doubts. Nothing is showing up on the earthquake web site?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We just had a 3.4 in Los Angeles.
I do notice rumbling sometimes in the evenings.
Like a slow hum.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHadBOT3000
Okay, looked around, and found this...

Booms are bombs

see that's what i was hoping would surface, but i live Wagoner, 75-80 miles away from McAlester and about the same for Sallisaw. the times match up, explanation matches up....

80 miles is a long way for sound and vibration to rattle my windows. i got a big picture window overlooking fort gibson lake and when we get classic oklahoma weather, it rattles so much i think it will break.

those had to be big fing bombs,

plus its weird having my neck of the woods getting microscoped.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by jackx6949]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The area I live in they blast every day at same time , in a mine week days and saturday, the blast can be heard and felt. Down 1200ft.

When doing mine they blow at lunch time so everyone is out of blast area.

They also use explosives on some construction of tall buildings, this is after bore hole down 200ft. what ever. The explosion is at bottom of bore to make what call pillow for bearing, then they fill with concrete.

Is there any old gold mines in that area?

Maybe if not military doing blast, is someone blasting at same time to throw of track.

Then there is always China, they have almost made it to the heart land, ready for the strike of death to all Americans.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is really odd..
I grew up in a fishing family in Northeastern Oklahoma and i've fished at Tenkiller a few times..

I also had a very similar experience to this back in 1995 in Rogers Country, Oklahoma and it is extremely odd that this rumbling in Texas occurred within that very exact same timeframe.

Me and my buddy slept in on a Saturday morning after playing video games on the sega into the wee hours of the morning. I was in high school at the time still (sophomore year actually). We were woken up by what started as a low rumbling noise that slowly grew into being so loud the windows felt like they were gonna explode. It was about 1130 or noon...Food and dishes were falling off the shelves, the windows were rattling so hard i thought they were all gonna be broken afterward.. My friend told me that just as the rumbling grew into what seemed like an all-out earthquake he saw what he could only describe as a bright spark in the sky that only lasted a second. We were the only ones in the house at the time and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was a blue-sky, completely normal, clear spring day.

This all happened in a very rural/remote town and the nearest neighbors of mine were my grandparents a couple hundred yards up the road.. So we walked up to their house and asked them what the heck happened... They told us they hadn't heard anything... ANYTHING. And they had been up since 6 in the morning..That doesn't make any sense...I've always thought about it because it is so extremely odd. The worst part was being the only 2 people there... If it was a sonic boom of some kind you would think my grandparents right up the road would have heard something... But they didn't.. And my grandfather was a fighter pilot in the Air Force for 20 years. He would know what they sound like.

After watching a television show recently about cattle mutilations, the following occurred to me

1- I lived in a remote area where farmland stretches for miles and cows are pretty much everywhere you look. Same goes for almost all documented cases of cattle mutilation.

2- Many people who have later found mutilated cattle on their property first hear these rumbling noises on or near their property with no bad weather and no apparent/obvious cause as to why..

3- This unexplained "rumbling" usually occurs in the daytime from what I gather from other witness accounts.. Especially those directly correlating with dead cattle that are later found with unexplained cuts, markings, random organs cleanly extracted, etc.. If it were predators killing the cattle, it would make sense that people would likely find the animal dead in the daytime... But what doesn't make sense is the precision with which the organs are removed. That is not easily explained with the predator scenario.

4- Even if the cattle farmer that owned the property that surrounded my house eventually found an oddly mutilated cow of his, he likely wouldn't mention it to anyone being as basically the entire town would know about it and label him as a quack.

The time at which these mini-quakes seem to occur is significant for some reason..Perhaps it is linked to some bizarre seismic activity that only occurs after the heat penetrates the ground to a certain depth (which, at high noon, would be the most likely time for the sun's high heat to differ from the much cooler temperature of the ground). Perhaps the heat difference causes something to happen underground but ... That doesn't explain why my grandparents didn't experience it a couple hundred yards away.. Nor does it explain why my friend saw that "big flying spark" he kept talking about that day.

I do know that the ground in the Texas/Oklahoma region can get EXTREMELY rocky just as it is in my hometown. That can make it harder to farm for obvious reasons. But perhaps that has something to do with it too (if this is indeed something related to seismic activity) . I'm not a geologist but it is interesting.

-ChriS

[edit on 23-1-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by mrsdudara

Missouri seems to be a connection to some kind of plan. It is centrally located and have you ever noticed that its the only state in the country, maybe the world that has every square inch mapped out by satellite on Google earth.

Border to border. I have thought about doing a thread on it before. Check it out on Google earth it stands out like a soar thumb.

Kansas City is where that super highway from Mexico is suppose to end, Kansas City is to be center hub unless I am mistaken/

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SleeplessInUS

My thoughts..... underground explosions. Possibilities... underground tunnelling? Underground Installation? Underground Weapons testing? Another point of interest, it started the day our new president took office. Unrelated? maybe.... just a point of interest

www.4029tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yep, Barack is hollowing out his underground nuclear crib. And no better place for a black president to hide than in Oklahoma underground.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join