It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Rumble Vexes Sequoyah County

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Mysterious Rumble Vexes Sequoyah County

www.4029tv.com

The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office has been flooded with over a hundred calls since Tuesday.

Residents from Tenkiller Lake to Roland have described hearing a mysterious blasting sound followed by a slight vibration everyday at noon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I found this news story on CNN and thought it was interesting. Here is a county in Oklahoma that is baffled by a strange muffled explosion sound and then a rumbling tremor that follows. The police have received (and are receiving) numerous calls and have investigated all the possibles explanations with no answer to the mystery.

My thoughts..... underground explosions. Possibilities... underground tunnelling? Underground Installation? Underground Weapons testing? Another point of interest, it started the day our new president took office. Unrelated? maybe.... just a point of interest

Your thoughts?

(also this is my first thread as I found this story to be quite interesting in it's mystery
. I hope I put this in the right area and appreciate your comments.)

www.4029tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Theory:
All the underground bases were designed and constructed via form and magnetism to separate from their housings and fly away.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

Very interesting. I am not familiar with the area. Are there any military bases near by? Maybe an underground base is secretly being built.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Added note:

I just ran across this article while doing a search on the area. VERY INTERESTING!

The dirty history of nuclear power.

Sequoyah Fuels plant located in the area processed radioactive uranium. Designed to convert uranium oxide (yellowcake yel·low·cake n. The concentrated oxide of uranium formed in the milling of uranium ore. into uranium hexafluoride - step three of the nuclear fuel conversion cycle. (Only one other plant in the U.S. does the same work.)

Im still reading the article...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

I thought that was closed?

At one time a rancher could get "nitrogen inriched water" and applied it to pastures from that aperation.

The joke was " green glowing pastrues".

Roper

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your thread! I lost my home of 18 years to foreclosure about eighteen months ago. I have since been living in a loft/apartment I built in a commercial building that I own and operate my business from. For the past year or so I hear this rumbling sound similar to the way far off thunder sounds prior to a storm. It happens 2-3 times a night, every night, and can be heard from 10-11pm - 2-3am.

At first I thought it was thunder, but it was happening night after night and never was there a storm? Then I figured it was a train that runs a couple of blocks away, but I have compared it to the actual train going by and it wasn't even close? It's not wind or anything mechanical in the building. At this point I am shaking my head? Others have heard it as well, so I am not losing it.

Your underground theory is something I hadn't thought of and is definitely a possibility! I will be watching this thread regularly in hopes that it may shed some light on this strangeness. Thanks for starting this!

Star & Flag!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Apparently the plant was closed in June of 1993 after a long string of 'incidents'. But the plant not being in operation doesn't mean anything with regards to the mystery at hand
There are underground areas at that facility.

I wonder if it was torn down or if it is sitting there like a ghost factory. I'm going to keep researching.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Wow Zerbst. What area are you in? (Im guessing Detroit but hate to assume) Sometimes we tend to ignore things like that in the bigger cities since there is so much going on and noise... we justify things in our minds. But this is out in the Plains... little harder to explain away. Maybe you should keep a log of when you feel/hear it happenning and see if there is a pattern.

edit to add: Im sorry to hear about your home

[edit on 23-1-2009 by SleeplessInUS]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
that's weird.... i live in wagoner county, which is just east of Tulsa, right at noon i thought i heard thunder, walked outside to look and its a clear day. i heard a couple of muffled booms, walked in side, heard a couple more and then it stooped. very noticeable, windows rattled, ect...

then i see this post.

hmmm,

[edit on 23-1-2009 by jackx6949]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
When I lived in Wisconsin, there was a nearby quarry that would also do this. Is there any road construction or any coal mines in the area? Someone might also have a mine that they work at during evening hours. If it isn't legal, someone will stop it. Most quarry work I'm aware of, happens during daylight hours. This should already be on the news there by now.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
interesting Jackx6949... thats not exactly right next door but could give an indication of movement? not sure. I wonder if other counties are reporting this as well. Do you have any facilities of interest in your area? Geologists have already stated that they are seeing activity but it is NOT seismic.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

The news story says that the local authorities have checked local mines and such for activity that may be causing this but have come up empty. Do quarries usually do blasting at the same time each day? and if it was a quarry then why havent residents heard these noises before?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oaklahoma, isn't there many unused coal mines and even ongoing coal fires in the ground there?
Could they be exploding and collapsing?
Im not sure if this specific area is near that can you elaborate?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
sallisaw is like 60-70 miles away from where i am, that's why i find it strange. back in the early 80's there as a semi full of bombs leavin muskogee armory that hit a bridge and the fire cooked off some of the bombs and left a huge crater. leveled the bridge. that's what my first thought was, that it happened again.

you just dont hear and feel that while your drinking coffee.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by jackx6949]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ah ok.... you are closer than I thought Jackx6949.

I was looking up working/producing mines in the area and found a map site that lists major producing mines in the US and interestingly enough, arkansas isnt even listed!

Map site of US mines

I also found a site: ADEQ Mining Division with Mining information (taking a looksie now as I type this)

State of Arkansas Dept of Environmental Quality

Who knows if it has anything to do with these rumbles but makes for interesting information anywhoo

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your thread! I lost my home of 18 years to foreclosure about eighteen months ago. I have since been living in a loft/apartment I built in a commercial building that I own and operate my business from. For the past year or so I hear this rumbling sound similar to the way far off thunder sounds prior to a storm. It happens 2-3 times a night, every night, and can be heard from 10-11pm - 2-3am.

At first I thought it was thunder, but it was happening night after night and never was there a storm? Then I figured it was a train that runs a couple of blocks away, but I have compared it to the actual train going by and it wasn't even close? It's not wind or anything mechanical in the building. At this point I am shaking my head? Others have heard it as well, so I am not losing it.

Your underground theory is something I hadn't thought of and is definitely a possibility! I will be watching this thread regularly in hopes that it may shed some light on this strangeness. Thanks for starting this!

Star & Flag!

We had a spate of earthquakes a couple of years ago in a place not accustomed to them. I remember hearing thunder booms but I would look and it would be a clear blue sky. Well, with in a couple of months we had a series of quakes including a 3.4 and a 4.2. The funny thing with yours and this OPs story is the regularity of the rumbles. I cannot believe that is coincidence. You need some microquake detectors nearby it sounds like to me.

I just thought of one idea. It could be regular work going on over a hollow part of the crust, and much like a drum, you hit it and it reverberates the energy.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This could be one of a couple things. If someone is blasting deep underground the blast energy could be traveling along a solid rock formation for many miles.
Also a sonic boom from high flying aircraft can and will cause the same affect.

You will not see the aircraft nor be able to tell from where it came from. But that can shake houses and windows for many miles and feel like a blast or thunder .

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackx6949
that's weird.... i live in wagoner county, which is just east of Tulsa, right at noon i thought i heard thunder, walked outside to look and its a clear day. i heard a couple of muffled booms, walked in side, heard a couple more and then it stooped. very noticeable, windows rattled, ect...

then i see this post.

hmmm,

ruh-roh - sounds like earthquakes to me. but why at a regular time? This is truly weird. I am going to subscribe and flag this thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
if it happens again tomorrow, i'll let you guys know.

later

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join