It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy's to help our kids acclimate to the police state

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Greetings all,

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where ATS members can post links to toys they've found which prepare our kids for the increased surveillance culture.

I'll start the list with two offerings from Playmobil. The first is the "Playmobil Security Checkpoint" which can be found here: www.amazon.com...

I found the user comments to be particularly amusing. Another toy from the same manufacturer is the "Playmobil Police checkpoint" www.amazon.com...=pd_sbs_t_1

It's good to know that these "educational" toys are helping our kids to become acclimated to our eroding civil liberties. I'm still looking for the Guantonimo Bay play-set

Feel free to add your favorite police-state toys.
Peace,
Hex23

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmm... I guess thats why so many adults these days are mind melded by the Howdy Doody dolls and Lite-Brite toys of that time, reflect in their actions today?

You know...puppets on strings (sheeple) and not being the brightest peg in the bunch?!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hexagram23

Oh my God.
You're not kidding.
I thought you were.
I went there and saw it.
Holy you-know-what!
I'm floored...!
55 USD for a Security Checkpoint for little toddlers...
*sob sob*
That seriously has to be one of the most unnerving things I've seen in a today...

peace

[edit on 22-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the most disturbing aspect of this new trend is that children are indoctronated from the time they are in the crib to believe that surveillance = safety.

the evil tools of the PTB

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Couldn't agree more. Now, I really hate anyone sticking their nose in my business. The worst my parents ever did to me though was walk in and read over my shoulder while I was on the internet. This was stopped quickly though because they figured out that I knew how to close windows without clicking on anything.

However, when we first moved into our house in Florida, there was a small recording microphone left taped to the door to what would be my room. The mother of the previous family was absolutely nuts about watching every move her children made.

Drives me up the wall. The toys are getting just silly.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I doubt that there will be huge sales of those toys, and I would bet that Amazon gets a good number of complaints about it.

I also bet anything that these toys are made in China. How ironic eh?!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the "SpyGear" line of toys. I found this to be kind of interesting, they are all surveillance-oriented toys: www.spygear.net...

On the one hand I probably would've been into this stuff had it been available when I was a kid, but on the other hand I had a nagging vision of kids turning in their parents after having spied on them and found them to be "enemies of the state."

I'm curious what people's opinion is of this line of toys, seems kind of harmless on the surface, but perhaps we're training the future stormtroopers of the police state with such "toys." Or maybe it's just my paranoia kicking up.

Peace,
Hex23

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Did you ever think this is just what it is " A Toy" come on i grew up with GI Joe and other war toys including transformers and voltron. I guess these toys were meant to0 prepare me for a robot state which we do not have sometimes i think people look just a little to deep into something that is harmless.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sure chimpy...they're toys. That's all they'll ever be. I know I would have never found the interest in playing with a pretend checkpoint when I was a kid...but then again, I was too busy running around outside with my friends while we shot each other up with our water guns, with water we'd colored red with food coloring.

We shed a lot of pretend blood as kids and we pretended to be spies. I think my brother had some of the spy gear merch at one point.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Toys, games, books, movies, plays, tv shows, music.

These are all forms of entertainment. It is up to us to decide what to purchase. If you do not like a particular toy, then don't buy it. If we want to maintain the freedom to choose, then we need to allow everyone to decide what is right for them & their children. We complain about a toy we don't like, it gets pulled from the shelf, and then we just took the right away from everyone else to decide for themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
Did you ever think this is just what it is " A Toy" come on i grew up with GI Joe and other war toys including transformers and voltron. I guess these toys were meant to0 prepare me for a robot state which we do not have sometimes i think people look just a little to deep into something that is harmless.

It's impossible for you to know yourself that well to decide if you've been conditioned with toys or not. For one you can't look into an alternate reality and see how you'd be without GI Joe dolls.

There's a reason why conditioning with toys would be subtle: If it wasn't subtle people would be against it and not buy it. That exact reaction is what would be desired, "Meh, it's just a toy".

I think what's horrible about conditioning with toys is that childrens minds and opinions haven't developed yet and are open to any suggestive push from toys.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TeeJay

No one said to take these toys off the shelves...at least I didn't read a post that stated so. I think it's really more about pointing out a little something...I wouldn't say horrifying, but others would.

I mean, every time you see a commercial for a playhouse, it always features a little girl. The little girl does laundry and cooks food and does the household stuff...there's never a little boy in these commercials. Also, if you see a commercial for a police play set, it always features a little boy.

Are they just toys? Hell yeah. Do we have the right to choose? Hell yeah. Should the commercials be changed? No, I just find them funny.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not only do you have all of the spy toys... Toys-R-Us also sells Forensic Labs and DNA Labs!! What ever happened to letting kids be kids? Let them be innocent for a while. Reality steps in too fast as it is!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemo001

Man, I thought those labs were so cool. I loved forensics as a kid and practically glued myself to CourtTV. I don't know where you're going with this "let kids be kids" argument. We used to "bloody" each other up when we were kids with red food coloring and water.

We played games where we'd splatter around some of our "bloody" water just to set the playing area and sometimes kids pretended to be addicted to other substances.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Maybe so....but you were still using your imaginations. Acting addicted? Girl...you grew up too fast! I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hahaha...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Playmobil Crime scene investigation set

Maybe we can get kids to reenact last nights 'Special Victims Unit'...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemo001
Not only do you have all of the spy toys... Toys-R-Us also sells Forensic Labs and DNA Labs!! What ever happened to letting kids be kids? Let them be innocent for a while. Reality steps in too fast as it is!

Are you out of your mind? If we started letting kids be kids, they might actually start thinking for themselves. Then where would we be? What if they started thinking that the people before them (meaning us) made this a crappy place and they need to clean up?

Careful what you say, better to have them as well-behaved sheep...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I particularly like the shipping restrictions on these toys:

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

Maybe they are made of some top-secret materials? I know my EOTech sight and magnifier were restricted to U.S. sale only. It's funny to think these toys are on par with current issue military hardware.

We dont want the terrorists to catch up to our toy technology.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i think there was a lot of indoctrination when we were kids, gi joe and star wars and he-man and rambo, there was tonnes of militaristic good vs evil stuff. it probably did affect an awful lot of people quite strongly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join