It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

That piece of dirt - killed all those people in the World Trade Center - he then took our rights away - he listened to our phone calls, read our emails - tortured people, had millions killed with his lies!

And so you are told...and therefore believe all the above to be true. Yet, in reality you have not one shred of personal proof that any of this transpired.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo his duty as POTUS is to make tough decisions (same with Bush) and it is our duty as citizens of the USA to support him (and the duty of cittizens of other nations is to be jealous and ridicule, harass and exaggerate everything we do)

wow....i dont think our duty as citizens is to support the president and every decision he makes..

our duty as a citizen is to support the decisions we agree with and let them know about the ones we dont agree with. should we support torture? killing of innocent civilians? destroying our economy?

our duty as citizens is to make sure our constitution is being lawfully followed and respected. we are not a slave to the white house, we owe the white house NOTHING. the white house owes us EVERYTHING.

i voted for bush, 2 times in fact. i think he is being judged too early, we will not know the results of his actions for at least 10 years. we only see the negatives of the now and not the benefits of the future. im glad he is gone and i think obama is exactly what this country needs right now. but i dont think booing is a lack of class just because the guy is president.

would you boo at a hockey game when the refs make a horrible mistake? i know i do... if you dont let someone know they are making mistakes, how will they know they need to correct them or prevent them from happening again?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't see why the OP is surprised at this display of boos. He was basically told what some of us thought of him during his inaugural back in 05.

www.turnyourbackonbush.org...

I remember watching the parade on TV, and some people booed GW back then. Maybe they attended yesterdays event.

ETA:

There were so many groups back then trying to organize protests against GW, from day one. I dont recall hearing about that happening yesterday, the boos to me were to be expected after he thumbed his nose at us ALL by saying he did not care what we thought of him!!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have my reasons but I will not support Obama. I do believe that obama will be unable to protect americans like bush did and will cause terrorist to sucessfully attack america. Wonder what people will say then.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jibeho

Even Chris Matthews thought it was in bad taste.

Did he now, considering he and the Bush haters at the MSM were major antagonist in perpetuating the situation for years, in order to push their liberal agenda,

That is pretty hypocritical of him.

I was surprised to hear this from Matthews.

During Tuesday morning’s inaugural coverage on MSNBC, when spectators were heard booing President Bush as he was introduced, Chris Matthews seemed to become uncomfortable and criticized the protest as "bad form," remarking, "Don’t do that. Don’t boo, don’t boo, don’t boo." But minutes later, when protesters could be heard singing "Hey, hey, goodbye," co-anchor Keith Olbermann seemed to suggest that he was only bothered by the behavior because it distracted attention from Michelle Obama’s introduction.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I am sorry but I don't see any problem with booing a President who is ultimately responsible for so many deaths, who helped to usher in a new era of torture, and who alienated our allies over the past 8 years. I think he should have been cheered during his introduction, but only cheering for the fact that he is no longer in control.

On the other hand, i'm pleased that you supported Obama for almost 24 hours out of the past two and a half years. Nice work on that. It's an accurate reflection of your sincerity.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yes congress has the power. But who convinced Congress to go to war. Who convinced Congress that the bailout is needed?

Bush at the very least has been convincing. While Congress actually voted, it was Bush who was setting the agenda, and filling them with false information to get what he wanted.

And Congresse's approval ratings are low for listening to him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by jam321

As for the people on this thread hating on him, most are so unintelligent it's hard to believe they won't be worthy of a Darwin Award within the next few years.

Oh please, you are living in a fantasy world! So, sure put down the people who are thrilled that disgusting man is gone! The thing is...we are NOT unintelligent, in fact we are the intelligent people of this nation. We aren't the sheep - we stand up for what is right, we let our voices be heard.

I am laughing, because now all you can do is try to tear down those who know he deserved the boos - go ahead....we know better.....and it does not bother me at all! I am on cloud nine!

For those of you who are still defending that dirt that has now been wiped off the bottom of my shoe, all I can say - is keep living in your little fanasty world - but the rest of us are awake and know a horrible time in history is now over.

You have no clue what a horrible time in history is like. In fact I would venture a guess that the last eight years have done nothing to you personally except maybe taxed your pocketbook a bit further than normal. You don't know what oppression is. You don't know what "horrible" truly is until you've seen what a real dictator does to his people. So yes, I maintain that if you continue the real fantasy, thinking that you were somehow anything other than inconvenienced during the past eight years, that you are truly unintelligent. The only people who have any right to say that the last eight years has truly been hell on them are families and friends who have lost a loved one or family member in the war.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bien au contraire! I am simply decerning through this tread - You know what is wonderfull - is the fact that I wil be having alot more good material(friend threads) to read - as for the turn out of my experiment, I am pleased to see there are more friends than foes - I feel safer. I have been doing this in real life with real people, toxic and chaotic family members, lovers, friends, aquaintances, have all been blacklisted and pushed out of my life - and I feel great cause now I can share my energy with decent human beings!

Are you brainwashed and not very conscious of what is going on, are you sleeping.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yes you terrible Americans....

Be more European, and piss and moan and kill eachother and burn down stadiums over frigging soccer games!

Now THAT'S Class!

So they boo'd the guy a little, boo-frigging hoo

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

thank you exactly

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What i'm wondering is why so many people believe that obama will save us? I mean yes its great we finally have a black prez but seriously. The guy hasn't done a single thing and people already believe that he will save us. People need to come back to reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its interesting. Conspiracy-Theory-Sites usually go against the majority. In hating Bush they go with the majority.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
yes you terrible Americans....

Be more European, and piss and moan and kill eachother and burn down stadiums over frigging soccer games!

Now THAT'S Class!

So they boo'd the guy a little, boo-frigging hoo

so you want us to be more like you europeans and be spinless when it comes to standing up to russia?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Bush at the very least has been convincing. While Congress actually voted, it was Bush who was setting the agenda, and filling them with false information to get what he wanted.

Which is he, that bumbling fool many keep showing that has no clue of what's going on or that super brain weasel that outsmarts everyone?

False information? you are talking about Congress where false information is used on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The rest of the world saw Americans boo an unapologetic criminal.
They needed to see that, lest they think the entire country is insane.
And BTW... remember during the '04 campaign when Bush saw protesters as he went by in his campaign bus?
Well he flipped them off. Yeah. That's class.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
NOw also keep in mind, out of two million people who were in DC yesterday:

There were no arrests.

Thirty children got lost and were promptly reunited with their families.

There were only 250 incidents reported to the health care facilities. Most of them hypothermia and dehydration.

Hardly a mosh pit.

Now tell me where else you can have two million people gather with no arrests, no crushes, no real injuries, nothing.

I think that speaks volumes about America's behavior yesterday.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

We're talking about a man who couldn't even walk past crowds of his own citizens in his own city without fear of being pelted with rotten fruit.

Respect must be earned.

link   
I am laughing at the low class people who booed Bush/Cheney. You would think respect for the office if not for the man would be shown during such an historical event. We shall see how these folks like it in the future when their tin god is booed by the masses.

I am laughing doubly hard at the misinformed, uneducated and ill-advised here on ATS who just months ago swore that Bush et al would declare martial law and that a transfer of power would never occur. Everything is not a conspiracy.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by TheAvenger]

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by sos37

Yes congress has the power. But who convinced Congress to go to war. Who convinced Congress that the bailout is needed?

I think you forgot to mention one huge factor in this mess.

The heavy influence of Corporate America on Congress. The presidential influence is minor when compared to the hammerlock that big business has on congress.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join