It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Amazing how a few boos to Bush from Obama supporters can represent America. Nine pages later and many of you still feel America hates Bush. I really feel Bush has a lot more support than many are willing to admit.

Surely there has to be a reason why Congress gave Bush just about everything he asked for.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Americans acting with a total lack of class.

This suprises you how much?

That you felt shame at their actions speaks well for you. To me a restrained applause or just staying silent would of been a better vehicle to display ones contempt but I recognize that I am not the norm. The test of time will show just how good or bad GWB was, it may come to light some day that during these past few years they really did manage to foil the terrorist threat or time will say the actions of our goverment were as shameful as we see them now.

Anyway Booing is just bad manners and we would need a another forum just to discuss what happened to common courtesy. If I had booed at an ex President my Mom would of hit me upside the head!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well everyone may think the dark times are over, but I'd say the jury is still out. Obama has yet to serve out a full day in office, so let's not start breaking out the champagne and party favors just yet. Let's wait and see what your opinion is of him is in six months or a year from now. You may find yourself eating crow. I remember a time when I despised Bush, yet the majority of people adored him, and I was just downright unpatriotic. My how times have changed.. LOL

As I see it, I have no choice but to give Obama a chance. So let's just see what type of miracles he can actually work with such a forgetful, nearsighted, and self-indulgent population. I wish him the best of luck in this endeavor not only for my own sake, but that of our country's as well.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

YOur seriously an american ? lol

i think a night elf guard from silithus in world of warcraft should of yelled "Get a pack of ropes" when the continuum masters of time criminals walked in.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GiantKilr

That is fine, call me immature, call me whatever you want - but also call me HAPPY AND FULL OF JOY for the first time in 8 years!

I forgot what it was like to have hope and a possible bright future!

You are missing the fact.... we all have felt repression and hopelessness for 8 years! We can celebrate now - we can take a step forward - call our JOY immaturiaty - go ahead! I love it! I am going to get my old self back now - one of positive outlook and feeling! I missed myself over 8 years - but under Bush it was ONLY Gloom and Doom!

Wow - the release is enormous the feeling is GRAND!

I LOVE IT!

Yes - celebrate - call me what you want - I don't care!

WOW - I just can't believe the nightmare is ACTUALLY OVER! It will take days for me to completely realize no more Bush!

Oh btw:

did you catch the moment, when Obama turned to Bush and said "Thanks for your honorable service"? You could hear only about 20 claps - otherwise complete SILENCE from the crowd! I loved it!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Someone mentioned how wonderful Bush is because he didn't let us get attacked by terrorists..........

Well, first off:

a.) attacks time and years of planning.
b.) who says terrorists were behind 9/11 ?

But honestly, Bush got what he deserved with the boo's

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

yeah compare him to hitler..you must be under 12

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

They should have been lined up and SHOT.
Obama made a few references to bush and the outgoing gang.

THE WHOLE WORLD, even me here in Scotland, heard the boo's. And neither me, nor anyone I know criticized the American folks for doing so.

You did vote this man back in remember, 2 terms

Deserved!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Amazing how a few boos to Bush from Obama supporters can represent America. Nine pages later and many of you still feel America hates Bush. I really feel Bush has a lot more support than many are willing to admit.

Surely there has to be a reason why Congress gave Bush just about everything he asked for.

Totally agree. History will be kind to him. Those on here hating on Bush irrationally are definately not the majority of America. The majority of America doesn't want to think about the last eight years for now and just wants to move on and see what Obama can do. But when times get better and they remember the Bush years with clearer heads they might actually see the good things that Bush did do for this country, and there were so many things.

As for the people on this thread hating on him, most are so unintelligent it's hard to believe they won't be worthy of a Darwin Award within the next few years.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Someone mentioned how wonderful Bush is because he didn't let us get attacked by terrorists..........

Well, first off:

a.) attacks time and years of planning.
b.) who says terrorists were behind 9/11 ?

But honestly, Bush got what he deserved with the boo's

Bush certainly deserved no applause, but the boos were definitely in poor taste. If not for the man, then for the country and the office. Bush was the President, but he had a lot of help from Congress and the uninformed American people themselves in bringing this country to it's proverbial knees.

All the crooked politicians that are now rallying around Obama, are the very same ones that avidly supported Bush not so long ago. Many Americans also helped ruin the economy by purchasing homes they couldn't afford and living way beyond their means by the unrestrained use of credit cards and lines of credit.

If blame must be apportioned, then everyone should shoulder their own fair share, and stop scapegoating Bush for it all. I never thought I'd ever say such a thing.. LOL

[edit on 21-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by jam321

As for the people on this thread hating on him, most are so unintelligent it's hard to believe they won't be worthy of a Darwin Award within the next few years.

Oh please, you are living in a fantasy world! So, sure put down the people who are thrilled that disgusting man is gone! The thing is...we are NOT unintelligent, in fact we are the intelligent people of this nation. We aren't the sheep - we stand up for what is right, we let our voices be heard.

I am laughing, because now all you can do is try to tear down those who know he deserved the boos - go ahead....we know better.....and it does not bother me at all! I am on cloud nine!

For those of you who are still defending that dirt that has now been wiped off the bottom of my shoe, all I can say - is keep living in your little fanasty world - but the rest of us are awake and know a horrible time in history is now over.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
very true

these liberals are rude arrogant mindless children

but, on the other hand, those "republicans" are raving fascist psychopaths

so really it evens out, they all suck equally

Good on the "booers". It's no longer the 1950's where we praised, like good automatons, every US government act or official. It's a new century, a new time, a new way. Express your heart's truth.

I, for one, have had quite enough of Bush, his smirk and his regime. He was obviously a puppet (and the ventriloquist wasn't too good either). I had enough of Nixon (%#$@& LIAR!) too. Now there are movies about them... which I will ignore. If they make a movie about WJ Clinton, I'll go only if it is rated xxx

Don't let the screen door getcha, W.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Oh Pleeeeease.

The whole world was booing him. Not just the Americans.

The guy deserves jail time. I ask you, if Hitler was on the same stage, would you be saying 'Oh but it was such a travesty, Hitler got booed'.

No, of course not.... But a lot of you people think that being American makes you innocent of such evil.

I am sorry, but ii agree, the whole damn world was booing at him, though it does seem tacky, bush has made a mokcery of being a leader.

Hell, we could have put a potatoe in office, and we still would have been happy.

With that being said, i agree with some of the other posters as well. We really don't know what were in for, Obama could be change for the good, the bad or the ugly.

We simply don't know, time will tell whether he is a good president.

We can guess, BUT we don't KNOW for sure!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by darcon]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
two great videos:

one - about the best moment in history - that I will savor and enjoy watching over and over: Bush getting on the chopper LEAVING! Yeah

this next is when the chopper was leaving a video from the crowd singing:
"Na Na Goodbye" and cheering.

One from the crowd of just the singing of "Na Na Goodbye" when introduced:

[edit on 21-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
these are Obamas wars now

and his economy

lets see if his walk

can

match

his

talk

libbbbs

are

crazy

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Well, one thing i have to say in obama's defense, bush started this #, he has to clean it up.

But you are right, we will see if he is up to the task

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
In this country, we have something called "freedom of expression". If you don't like it, leave. They have the right to express themselves and don't need to be judged. Many of you would support the booing if Bush was a Democrat so lets get a clearer picture of reality. Just recently he said he didn't care what American's thought of him, umm that deserves booing people. I don't think he would have gotten elected if he said "I promise to do whatever I want with or without your approval. If you don't like it, tough, I won't care what you think".

Some of you guys need to grow up, complaining about booing should be the last thing on our list as far as concerns go. And enough of the democrat vs repub hate, which is what fuels about 95% of this, its tiresome.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

No, the booing should be on the list. It's a tell tale sign of a deeper problem within our society. The lack of decorum, class, or whatever you want to call it. The appropriate response to someone that expects applause and cheers is silence, not boos.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I LOVED it when the crowd spontaneously burst into, NA NA NA NA GOOD BYE!

While I woulda been sorely tempted to launch a sufficiently sized snowball at them... And probably woulda booed as well... something about this made me stop and think for a second...

The crowd spontaneously burst into song? Even at something as sober as an inauguration? With security so thick, you probably couldn't pee without a guard standing next to you- the complete and total expectation of probably being arrested for doing such a thing (it's happened before)... Something right there tells me there were shills in the crowd. This bunch was being lightly incited. I'd be very, very careful about how the next year or so goes.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just want to know WHAT obama has done to earn my support? can anyone tell me? why should I be a sheep like the rest?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join