It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
reply to post by Nirgal

Am I the only one who feels that this thread is kind of like a thread about someone's favorite on "American Idol" just got crowned the winner, and all the teen girls are crying and jumping around in their pjs? Very appropriate though for the MTV generation.

How many of you cried when Mandela became President?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

HAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Ok - THAT made my day! You hit that nail on the head!!!! So I guess he's in good company with Clay Aiken and the like.

But although I honestly think his color played a huge role in getting him elected, i also fee that no matter how he turns the country around, no matter what magic he performs - he will always just be known as the first black president. Tooo much empahasis has been put on his race for anything else to ever outweigh that-

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am not crying. I did not support Obama. But I can 100% understand you.

The one thing that Obama has (speaking of major political parties) is atleast a small amount of hope he woulnt sell his soul.

He has a family. I am sure he grew up in a troubled childhood. He was (atleast as I understand it) not spoon fed his entire childhood. I think this might give him a sense of realization - which is rare in Washington.

He is our president and we can not do anything about it now. I hope he does a good job, because none of us know any mans true motives.

So help him god!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

i can't watch all that because i'm on dial up.

and if a passing interest in NZ netball, cricket and rugby makes me a sports fan then so be it.

oh ... and also tennis.
and golf ... lol!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
I find it ironic that the descendant of wealthy Africans whom it is common knowledge in Kenya were slave traders is hailed as the first American of African descent to become President.

Sounds like a good THEORY...

White slave transporters did not capture Africans to be slaves they negotiated with the tribes on the coast to provide them slaves powerful tribes went in to the interior and captured rival tribe members and brought them to the coast to sell.

This is common knowledge, but not in public schools of course, in those dens of ignorance they teach that white people came to Africa and destroyed it and it's people and that only whites had slaves, the truth is every culture has had slaves. And of course, "Whites will never understand what it's like to be black", which is a load of crap and a separatist ideology, a racist ideology.

Obama's family was the ruling tribe in Kenya and became rich and powerful off their fellow Africans bodies and blood. HOW DO YOU THINK OBAMA"S DAD COULD AFFORD SCHOOLING IN THE STATES!!!

Even though I do not support this charlatan, I'd defiantly need to see some proof of this, honestly it sounds like a bit of a stretch.

The jokes on you fools!!!!!!!!!!

Brash, but very true.

AND JEWS FINANCED THE SLAVE SHIPS!!!

Hmm... That almost sounds prejudice, it's plausible, but I'd need to see proof, you should clarify what you mean, you should say something like "AND THE JEWISH BANKERS FINANCED THE SLAVE SHIPS!!!".

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Ping-Pong is alot of fun too! And you dont have to go as far to recover the ball.

I have to admit I had tears when Apollo 1 caught fire on the launch pad, when Challenger blew up on its way into space, and when Columbia broke apart into pieces of flaming chunks during re-entry.

Today watching the inauguration, the speech, I did not feel a thing. Honestly I felt quite empty, things were quiet, like looking down a long corridor that is barely lit and as you walk the echos of the footsteps are dominant, repeating themsevles and echoing upon themselves over and over.

I think thats what it was..hearing alot of the same type of speech as I have heard from every single new president over the last 40 years. There was nothing really there that kept my attention, or even anything to cause any kind of emotion, other than a yawn or two.

I think all of this emotion going on is the example of how a nobody gets thrusted up into the limelight and glittered and glamoured in Hollywood fashion and becomes a "star" in everone's eyes and now is at a point where it pulls on the emotional strings of the easily gullable.

Lets hope all that emotional outbursts of tears are not in vein come 6 or 12 months down the road. I would hate to think that all these folks crying with emotional tenderness and delight turn into tears of fear and expressions of anger and hate.

Tomorrow is another day, and is the real first day for Obama. Lets see how all this turns out. The great chess game has been reset, the new King playing piece is on his mark, and tomorrow is the first move.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I'm wondering when overt racist trolls will learn that they are simply on the wrong site.

Not pointing a finger at THIS 'member', but we saw quite a lot of rhetoric during what was so poignantly phrased as the 'Quadrennial Exploitation of the (Virtual?) Masses' (spelling is NOT correct?) by the 'Skeptic'....so many, many, many ---not-so-subtle---racists jibes at then Presidential-Candidate Obama.

Certainly, opposing views are, and SHOULD be welcomed on all sites...(though they obviously are not on some) at least here, a cogent and thoughtful opinion is very, very different from a racist rant!!

We have seen enough of THOSE already, in the last year....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

I figured so, most people who are into sports are highly susceptible to hypnotism (and no, hypnotism is not some guy in front of you with a dangling watch or spinning spiral wheel saying "YoU aRe GeTtInG sLeEpY...").

The only sport I care about is sand vollyball, and that's mostly cause I play it with hot college chicks lol.

I'm one of those flukes, you can't hypnotize me or NLP me or anything, I've seen right through it ever since I was a child. It's the only gifting I have.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
People forget the American public's greatest pastime.

We build people up to be the best thing since sliced bread...then we tear them down in disgrace.

For those who realize how bad it's going to get, the party will be over quickly.

We are in far more trouble than most realize.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
How can you people be fooled over and over again, is it because everyone posting here is too young to have seen many elections?

We over in the UK already had our Barak Obama in the form of Tony Blair. Blair was a speechcrafter much like Obama, but being well spoken does not automatically furnish you with the tools required to run a country.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
Yeah! I'm crying alright

"I Pledge to be a servant to the President"

www.infowars.com...

you must see this infomercial to believe it... Compliments of the new regime!

Bring on the POD people.

Nice avatar! As far as the POD people in your link, well it was probably 90% theatrical comedy parody on how many of the masses are following without a clue with total hope placed in one man. However if the stars are going to sell their vehicles, I would be willing to take one off their hands. can you believe that? So 'they' promise to pledge to 'sell' their cars and to buy more eco friendly hybrids? But... Doesn't that just put two vehicles on the road?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Really? You see similarities in the two? I am not being facetious, just asking so as to shape a watchful eye.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Would you consider me a racist, I don't like Obama at all, does this now paint me as racist?

I believe that most of his supporters of Obama are racist, they are they ones making a big deal outa his skin color, I don't give a hippies tambourine about his skin color.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nope, nothing here. I have yet to find any politician, even Obama worthy of tears.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I loved what you had to say. I do not have one word of opposition to your views. You have a way of saying what you need to without a negative connotation towards others thoughts and ideas.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble but...

www.diversityinc.com...

Stop the page after it loads or it will bother you with a pop up ad begging you to join their site.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Not at all on face value, I am not willing to look deeper to find out if you are being honest, I accept what you say by your word.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

lol dude ...

i said i had a "passing" interest in NZ sports.
i'm far from being 'into' sports.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Wasn't speaking to you, Random.

But, since you brought it up....show any example of the Obama campaign attempting to use some sort of racial 'Trump Card' in order to further their Candidate.

Do you see? The point is to de-emphasize this completely un-related fact....OTHERS have made all the noise about it....INCLUDING the Republicans!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

With absolute respect to RFBurns they probably have a way of saying things because they old enough to know that most people couldn't care less for the opinion of others.

With age comes wisdom, I'm somewhere on the cusp.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is not a black or white issue. What about the "yellow be mellow"? That was an insult to asians. Obama is but a mere man with a huge political machine. It is sad that people fall for the billion dollar machine. He wastes no expense when it comes to his agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join