It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To everyone on here, it may sound like I'm being mean, but my brashness is because I'm so sick of people being duped into the brainwashing of this "The One" garbage that I feel has been started by The Matrix movie and the fact that people are so eager to find a savior, to find the person who will lead them into making everything right. Instead of looking up to people like Obama, or relying on his guidance, look at yourself, figure out what you can do in your own power to help better yours and everyone elses life, don't rely on the government no matter who here mascot is to provide you with a means, you already have the means, don't sign up for some civil service camp or something. I love and care about each one of you and don't want to see anyone get sucked into the garbage that these criminals are feeding us.
I know all of this is written in vain though, I know it won't make any difference, but I'm saying it anyways because it is the truth and I cannot deny the truth. No matter how bad it hurts.

War is coming, someone set us up the bomb.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I watched every moment today of this historic event. Yes I shed tears. I think Americians will join together to start to fix our problems. Let the people who do not support this Administration know one fact, if this man can bring people together, no one can doubt our unity can be strong enough to overcome our problems. God Bless this great nation!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
off topic ... please don't ban this post mods.

but after 16 hours of me hogging the remote my son has finally revolted and switched channels to cartoon.network.

please tell me if something interesting happens ATS'ers.

link   
I was asked earlier in the thread, where President Obama came from, and I told a story about my Mom who saw him as the next President of the United States from one single speech he made back in 2004. Here is that speech.

usliberals.about.com...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by antar]

link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You mean all the times he's talked about how "They will try to scare you" because of his skin color and his "funny name", it has more to do with the fact that the media plated the race card more than anyone in his campaign, also, he's said some other things when he first began, as well as his wife, just open up them good ol' eyes of your and look at them videos and articles that you are afraid to look at because it may change your opinion and cause you to lose a little faith in your savior.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

is the thread only for people who share the same sense of racism as yourself? The way your topic is worded leads the reader to believe that if obama was the exact same human being, only instead a race other than black, you would not have wept.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Lazyninja

Really? You see similarities in the two? I am not being facetious, just asking so as to shape a watchful eye.

Yup, I remember clearly when the Labour party was voted in, under the stewardship of Blair. I remember how great it felt after living under the tories, and I was only about 17 years old.

My Mum though, I've found out that mums are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. She didn't even say anything to me, she just let me learn for myself. Eventually when it was time for Blair to go, I learned pretty much how my Mum felt because I felt the same way. She had seen it all before, and this was my first time around.

I remember how I felt when he went though, it was conflicting, because of how much was promised and how much he failed. I wasn't exactly happy he left because I felt he tried hard and was a genuine man, but he was clearly not up to the job. But then who is? I really feel like putting so much power onto one person is a mistake.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1e I'm so sick of people being duped into the brainwashing of this "The One" garbage that I feel has been started by The Matrix movie and the fact that people are so eager to find a savior, to find the person who will lead them into making everything right.
-Lahara

Your idea of The One is possibly correct. The concept deriving from The Matrix is maybe out by about 2000 years and maybe even more.

Needless to say the notion of a people placing all their hopes in the hands of one person has been recycled more times than rain water (well almost as many times).

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm crying because of your spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh
I'm crying too,tears of despair,that so called intelligent people can fall for this scam.

Your so right and where all DOOMED i tell ya.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow, people REALLY scare me. Crying over an election? Knock knock, anyone home up there?

People are actually comparing Barrack Hussain to Martin Luther King! What freaks there are out there huh? Look, I have brown eyes, but no one compares me to ANYONE important with brown eyes, why?

BHO has zero political history, he's an admitted Muslim, has ties to very uncool radicals, and should in no way be confused with the great black leaders of our times - that is until he DOES SOMETHING!!!

To have the audacity to place his mug next to MLK makes me want to hurl. What do they have in common I ask you, other than skin color. Black people are THE most racist people alive, and this election has hammered that in stone.

I really hope BHO does something that we can all be proud of him over. But stop the BS. He is no one, came from no where, never fought for anyones rights, and the ONLY reason black people are all going nutz is they all think that blood runs skin deep. Just so you know, BHO never spent a second in the "hood", is a multi millionaire, was placed in this position by, you guessed it, white people, and to cry over that, is absolutely pathetic.

Grow up, turn off Oprah, and get a grip on yourself and reality.

Fools

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Nasty nasty nasty nasty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Finally, We got ourselves a Black puppet!

A puppet nonetheless:

(Image courtesy of Conspiracyplanet)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Lahara....all of those 'quotes' were likely gentle ironic jabs at his detractors.

I suppose it's time to take the 'Way-Back' machine to when Robert F. Kennedy was campaigning for President, and had to face a triple-indemnity threat --- that he was too young, too inexperienced, and Catholic.

See, although it wasn't evident in your skin color, being 'Catholic' was almost as bad as being a 'negro'.

I am sorry for using that 'n' word....but it was common. As were many, many far worse terms.....

There is no 'Divine Right' bestowed upon people who happen to have pale skin!!!! This is a ridiculous conceit, only in effect and perpetrated generation after generation because of the vagaries of how Civilization developed, and the geography of our planet.

The Macedonians, the Greeks, the Egyptians....all mostly darker of skin, due to the Latitude, near the Mediterranean, which is in the Latitudes nearer the Equator, thus have more direct and sustained Sunlight exposure....meaning, more melanin must be formed in the skin, to help to protect from that sunlight, which helps to modulate the production of Vitamin D....

See, more Northern, less light, paler skin, more Vitamin D....unless you have a diet rich in fish, whick of course provides Vitamin D....so your skin can stay dark (like the Eskimos).

The horrible irony is.....we EVOLVED in Africa...ALL of us....yet, who became the slaves, after multiple generations, and migrations.....and the advent of religion (which is best left to another discussion....)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

Throwing "Huessein" in there really makes you seem childish, not to mention fox newsworthy

not one line

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Skeletal Lamping]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thank You everyone for your thoughts and opinions on this thread today, I am going to go curl up my toes, but first I wanted to leave this video for you, this was the 2004 speech that when my Mom saw it called excited and told me to go online and find out who he was and told me "This guy is going to be the President" I have read on the Political forums that Barack just suddenly appeared from under a rock, well some of us have been watching him for several years. Goodnight.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
wow??? seriously??? why do people cry over him???

I doubt he will bring change. i mean if you listened to Ron Paul. You will know bailing out the auto companies is not the way to go cause it will cause inflation not a fix.

It will run down the value of the Dollar. The prices will go up to make up for the low value of the dollar.

The more we bail out companies the less value the money gets and the prices rise.

How hard is it to understand that?

So obama plans to do a bailout for the auto companies.

He will credit all small business owners 1,000 bucks so they can use it only to hire workers.

Now why do that? have 1,000 bucks for small business owners to hire people.

I mean if they can't sell stuff. How do you expect just hiring people will fix it??

We also have North American Union coming in 2010.... meaning next year.

I lol when seeing people crying for obama many people just think getting a black president ends all racism in america.

Yet no one cared when 9/11 happened . That Muslims were targeted with hatred.

I seen places where Muslims warship having Nazi signs graffiti on the walls.

It never made the news. Only on local news. There was also Muslims that got many threats that people will kill them if they don't go back to their country.

Now since we got a new president that is black people think today starts the new U.S.A where no racism ever exists.

I am just saying he wont do any big change. I doubt it.

If you listen to Ron Paul you will understand why I say this. Cause Obama continues the same policy on what they been doing.

They will keep bailing companies out. Ron Paul is warning of a great depression ahead of us.

Cause if you understand my beginning statement about the bailing out creates inflation and dosent' fix the problem.

I am not a racist. I am just saying look at this realistically.

I am just saying to listen to Ron Paul and understand what he says.

anyone can promise you a million dollars but they can't give you a million dollars.

I can make no money but promise you I will pay you a million bucks. If I have no money there is no way I can act upon that promise.

I hope you understood.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Didn't anyone see him taking the oath?

What a foul-up that was;

'Roberts, who decided to forego his notes, made several mistakes in reciting the oath of office, among them placing the word "faithfully" out of order, which may have been the cause for Obama's failure to repeat what he had said; however Obama also placed the word "faithfully" out of order.[18][19] Additionally, prior to Roberts' mistake, Obama accidentally said his name early, speaking over Roberts while Roberts was reciting the oath. '

Then the wrong person was holding the bible - not the chief justice, but Obama's wife!

*What a disgrace

Not to mention Obama isn't even born in the US.... and is ineligible for the presidency to begin with.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hello from Australia

I got up at 3 am just to watch the inauguration on tv and thought it was an amazing and emotional event.
I hope he does well and is able to make the necessary changes.

And as for the stumble .. does that really matter? The eyes of the whole world were on him. Be generous and forget ... we all make mistakes.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by bluebird2]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
every successfull african american I know never ever mentions slavery, racisim, civil rights movement or anything of the like. They do however talk about the hard work that it took to get them where they are today. I love how some people think that slavery or racisim has any relevance today. Slavery ended 150 years ago, time to move on. Racisim as an Institution that holds anyone back is dead in america. How would Barack Hussein Obama get elected if it wasnt. Yes I know there wil always be clan members, skinheads, neonazis but what power do they have? None. It is time that everyone let the race thing go, your skin color is just that. It is not an advantage nor a detractor. Obama should be judged on all of his actions and he should get no special treatment because of his race from the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join