It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Lazyninja....

Not sure if you live in the US, or are just blogging from somewhere else...

But, no matter. I LIVE in Washington, DC. WE saw this Inauguration as the best, possible hope, for this Country, in the last Eight years.

I grew up in the USA.....and the last eight years, as we had a Bush (43) 'president', where the worst eight years of my life!!!

"Of course, time will tell....Albert Gore actually won the election, in the 2000 vote....but, because of the 'scam', GWB was 'installed' as "President". Of course, the 'machine' that got him there in the first place were well-posiitoned to 'second' his 'victory'.....good thing we only allow two consecutive terms!!!!!!

I wanted to change the word 'where' to 'were'....but, now I realize, "what'
s the point'??

I love the kids, who will likely lead us in the future....BUT if you do not understand certain terms....especially the : and the ; and the " and the '....then you won't understand the @ and the ?, nor the % and the

[edit on 1/21/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Ok. I am a white male living in the UK, and I watched America's election night with hope and relief. For me (if I was American) it would never have been an issue of colour, but of the man's substance, and what I could guage from it during his campaign. I was constantly asking myself, is this man seeking a similar world to the one I would like to live in? From his speeches, his body language, facial expressions, etc, I gleaned the answer to be a positive one.

Many times he mentioned virtues and principles that I myself accept to be qualities of humanity, that I myself seek to follow and uphold, and because of this, I rooted for him. Of course, he could simply have been seeking to court a sympathy vote, knowing only too well how America and equally, other parts of the world, had had enough of the sickness and obscenity of the 8 years of Bush. That, throughout those 8 years, Bush and his administration sought to exploit the fault lines and fractures in the world's psychology and ideologies...and all simply for personal profit and gain.

Now begins the rebuilding of all that which Bush tore down, to cement the cracks that Bush, through his policies, placed between each and everyone of us. We can choose to accept the man on his promises and see what he delivers, if he doesn't then we will judge him on what he does deliver. Obama has never been an issue of colour but of substance, although I accept that for many it may well have been one of the deciding factors. Nevertheless, his first act in office was to suspend military tribunals at Guantanomo for 120 days so that he may review the process...that is a start.

Good luck to him I say, and good luck to America. Let us all hope that he acheives a modicum of what he stated he wanted for the country and the world. This in itself raises a smile of hope and relief...but of course, we shall see.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! Most of the people who voted for him didn't know anything about him nor do they now.

One more thing--the news anchors today kept saying things like "if only MLK could see his dream come true today"

???

Isn't Obama/Barry now working with the same kind of bastards who killed MLK!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
funny how blacks and PC brigade say he's 'black' I say he's 'white'

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Not a single tear, I do recoginize the significance of him becoming the 44th president, the significance is that this proves that racisim is alive and well in the United states Of America! So many people were/are focussed on his race that they could care less what his intended policies involved, all they could hear was "change" and dashed blindly to the poll's to cast a vote for him, and then bragged about how great they were for voting a "black man" into office.

Never before have I felt so dumbfounded by the, blantant enabling of racial misunderstanding! Am I to believe that because we now have a "black president" that we will never again hear mention of the oppression of the African American people? And as if many believe that past transgressions should only be righted by the election of a "black man"? The African American poulation has for many years, been so far away from being oppressed that any and all oppression claimed by many was an excuse to try to get out of commiting a crime IMO. Look at all the succsessful "black" celebrities.

Look at the countless "black" judges, lawyer's, senator's, proffessor's, C.E.O's, business owners, ect ect. Proper recognition where it is due but I for one see this as racisim ( a form of) popping it's head up and saying hi.
Funny how the community making the biggest deal out of this is the same community that called for the end of racisim for years.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
America you'll still get screwed over.

Your rights of free speech will still be leeched away.

Your money will still be confiscated for redistribution.

The PATRIOT act will still be in place.

Your 2nd amendment is no longer safe.

etc etc etc.

But at least your POTUS will have an air of intelligence about him; and the ability to deliver good speeches. At the end of the day, thats all that most politicians are about anyway.

So... you'll still get screwed but at least you'll have the perception that you wanted it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I watched some of the Inaguration this morning while getting ready for work as this was on live in the early hours in Australia & i thought to my self i hope all countries can start fresh & work with each other

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
CHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNGEEEE!!!!!!!!

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!!!

C*H*A*N*G*E!!!!

I understand your tears. You have elected a war president. He wants to increase troops in Afghanistan. He wants the fighting to continue. Women and children in that country will die because of this man and his electors. He wants to destabilize Pakistan. U.S. drones have already started shelling innocent villages, and people are dying. His close supporters want to introduce a draft, so America's young men will die if his advisors get their way. He perceives a nuclear Iran as a threat, just like Bush and Mccain.

Apartheid never ended, it just got expanded on a massive, global scale. Half the worlds population on 2 dollars a day. A lot of this caused by western economic warfare.

You can tell me to get out of your face if you want, but I am saying this to draw attention to the weak of the world, who have no say in this. At least three countries are looking at a US attack this year. People are living in fear of US missiles, troops and tanks. That is not change. These deaths will be on your conscience if they take place.

When you get out of our business we will get out of yours.

Sorry to ruin your moment, but you are ruining our world.

CHHHHHHHHHHHIIIANNNNNGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

We are stuck with the guy now, and I sincerely hope his voters hold him to account and protest if he goes ahead with these plans, instead of rationalising it and making excuses for him.

I'd love to be proved wrong, and if he's intelligent enough to not go to war I'll support him strongly.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think for a while... What to answer to this question... Couldnt find any words.

This is also my answer...

“Obama is the greatest leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who just magically “inspires” by giving speeches.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

***Star for YOU!***

I liked how on CNN one reporter commenting - when camera pans over the crowd - on how 'any one of them could be a terrorist', and another commentator saying 'yes but that is the chance they take'. Like your president is making such a huge sacrifice, leaving himself open to the savage masses.

I guess we just have to sacrifice liberty for freedom! Change! Hope!

'The Time is Now' (Obviously...)

'Tomorrow is a new Day' (No, Really?)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The thought of four years of Obama is enough to make anyone cry it's a very sad day for America.

Lets hope and pray Jeb pulls through and takes over in four years to get us back on track.

George will be missed he was the right man at the right time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Y'all musta forgot,President Obama was a law school professor.
A SUCCESSFUL community organizer.
A very savvy campaigner.He and his kicked butt.AND he DID NOT CHEAT to WIN.True laughter is like weeping when touched,ya don't have to think or rationalize to do it.Ya have to not be 'crippled inside' Does music move you? We are like a body,the whole of humanity,a mandala.Some are like eyes,some,like Obama are like brains.I am a strong arm and well trained hand.And we do need you organs of elimination.Your messiness and stench are all part of the process,producing the Negredo.Remember the phrase 'Loyal Opposition'.Quit whining so much you are shaming your self.The costs involved in this event pale in comparison to the illegally waged war/occupation we are in thanks to cheneY and his sock puppet,Shrub Jr.Grow up and get with the program.We are working together for the good whether you all help or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"Crying??"

LOL - you are setting yourself up to be let down, and let down HARD.

Yea, I'm crying - these next four years are gonna suck. Different face, same crap.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by antar
I have had a past life regression where I recalled having three of my children taken away by slave traders. Not to derail the thread, but this feels like vindication.

Vindication? Who exactly will be the target of this so called vind-i-ca-tion? Just curious.. a wweee bit nervous at this declaration.

Justamomma,

Your question leads me to believe you have interpreted the use of vindication wrong in antar's statement. Vindication is a proper word to use here. Vindication does not have to take place against a particular person or group of persons. In fact, vindication typically is not AGAINST anyone, but FOR the vindicator. I can vindicate myself without any negative act against another person. If I stand and proclaim a right to something I am vindicating myself to have that right. I think it is most appropriate in the context antar spoke.

And I'm sure a great deal of people felt vindicated yesterday. And they probably weren't all black. Based on what I've seen so far, on President Obama's proclamation to use fairness and diplomacy with our world neighbors, I'm very hopefully that my lilly-white butt will be vindicated soon as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I fail to see the big deal.

Hes mixed race so what?

He speaks slow so what?

He hasnt said anything that makes him any different from any other politician as far as i can see.

CHANGE LOL

The only thing that will change is that you will not get into as many wars, any democrat would of pulled out of Iraq no big deal.

You will get a massive welfare system similar to that of the Uk where the hardworking pay for the lazy.

You country will soon become another state of la mexico when immigration is allowed on a scale never seen before.

Seriously the world does not care well except for Iraq stop bigging obama up he will only dissapoint if you set your standards to high.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yea, I'm crying! You have elected a baby killling thug. I'm also sick in tired of black Americans bring up the slavery issue and thinking it has something to with them personally.

Just thank GOD that you have been born in America instead of Africa unlike Obama Bin Laden who was born in Kenya.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I actually have imagined what it would be like if I some how had a time machine and I could go back and talk to slaves. I would be so proud to tell that one day there will be a black president. I would be so excited to bring the inspiring message that they SHALL overcome!

Frankly, I don't think they would give a #. Especially not when you mention it's 100 years in the future, and that he's only half black. Why would they care about something they aren't even going to see? They don't need some clever politician 100 years in the future telling them, that sometime (when they don't even live anymore) they have a slim chance of being president.

I don't think you would care if someone 100 years in the future told you that some white guy won the lottery. And that he inspired CHANGE and HOPE in everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sad and pathetic.

A MAN was elected President, not a messiah, not a savior.

You should have been proud of the US for this. This should be a moment for AMERICAN pride.

You people make me sad for our future.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am happy for America that this has finally happened. America is a just nation and a true democracy, and though it has faults of its own which it tries successfully or unsuccessfully to eradicate, its eyes are fixed to the polestar which states that all men are equal. The world can now see that America is not a hypocrite, and strove through enormous odds to achieve this ideal. May God bless America - the succor of all free persons everywhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Didn't quite actually cry, but the sight of Barack and Michelle walking down the street hit me like a load of bricks... the fact that the First Couple of the United States is of African descent. The nay sayers can say 'nay' all they like, but it is a Big Deal.

After 8 years of Clinton and 12 years of various Bushes, I have a very highly tuned BS meter. Obama does not trigger it. This may mean he is an exceptionally good BSer, or it may mean he is for real. I choose, for the moment, to believe he is for real.

But I am watching him, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, just like I did Bush 43. Bush 43 failed miserably, and any detractive comments I've made about him are due soley to said miserable failures... mostly lying through his teeth every time he said anything.

I hope Obama is for real... we need it. I will be watching my newest employee, and wishing him all success, until he starts the lies. I do not believe he will.

The 'phobes can whine and wring their hands all they wish. I'm going to wait and see what Obama actually does.

edit for spelling

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join