It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah! I'm crying alright

"I Pledge to be a servant to the President"

www.infowars.com...

you must see this infomercial to believe it... Compliments of the new regime!

Bring on the POD people.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm not crying. I hope I never get so superficial as to completely forget everything important and focus on something like the color of someone's skin.

It's amazing that people don't see how it's "racism". Far cry from killing him, I'll give you that, but you are still making a big deal all about race. I mean to say you are actually crying? Are you kidding me?

Wake me up when the color of someone's skin isn't a big deal, good or bad. Then I'll be excited.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
"Suddenly I saw my son he, he was out volunteering and traveling, and knocking on doors, gettin involved like never before."

This is exactly what he said at the Youth Ball.

Has anybody watched this again?

In what context was he saying that? Does he have a son? I thought he had two daughters? Am I just slow here?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Crying? Over what exactly? What did he say that was so moving? Can someone give a quote? Seriously, the last time I was moved by a speech was MLK, and I heard on CNN they compared the two speeches... wow. There really is NO comparison. At all. MLK actually stood for something, Obama is, honestly, a half black senator in the right place at the right time, with the right mindless rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Honey after reading your essay I think you better get a lot and nose blowers there is a lot of crying coming shortly

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Obama and Sarkozy (to a lesser extent) are part of a new generation of Presidents , the MTV President. He is cool and popular and plays sports and is dashing and all veneer and no substance. They are perfect for the current generation who idolize fame. The generation that made Paris Hilton famous, have elected a popstar President.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
if some of you don't get why some of us are crying then i guess i don't blame you because i've no words myself that fully explains the emotion i feel over obama's presidency.

neither have i seen or read anyone else comprehensively put into words how many of us feel. and that's ok, yeah?

what i don't get though is how pissed some of you seem to be about the way we feel. if you don't or can't get it then fine ... but why so angry? don't raine on our parade, lol!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

We aren't angry , just totally perplexed. A simple question what about the new President has convinced you that this is a great man, worthy of a seven tissue box weepfest? Especially people in the UK and New Zealand and Kenya and Burkino Faso.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

As I inferred earlier Tony Blair opened the door for this "style over substance" politics.

Also described as "all spin and no delivery".

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
reply to post by antar

Antar I think you are not going to like what I have to say but when I read your thread title the first thing that came to my mind was - ATTENTION SEEKER. At first I thought that maybe you were crying because you realized that we are entering into the final stage humanity will have to face. This is it folks. I have never felt more uneasy feeling like I did for the past few days. Unfortunately something awful is coming but I can't pin point what. Maybe it's more then one "thing".

Bro, I so know how you feel man, I feel it too, like the end is near.

I feel like the beginning of the end has come, like we have reached the top of the track on a rollercoster and are about to go over the edge.

Needless to say, things like this emotional euphoria does not make me cry antar, I tear up when I read things that Yeshua said, because when I read the things He said, it's like He's right there with me, it's hard to make someone understand that though, it's something that has to be experienced.

Antar, I don't like Obama, not because he's black (half black actually), but because he has policies and ideas that are incredibly dangerous, ideas that are destructive to humanity, he's the same old same old, but with the ability to get a response out of people the way he did with you and many of the other hypnotized folks here who follow him, he could make a speech telling you to eat your own poo and you would probably do it, simply because of the way he said it and the fact that he's black, and the fact that he has a great voice, and the fact that he will chant hope, change and yes we can, "yes, yes we can eat poo, yes we can".

Most of his supporters are caught up on this "race" crap, nobody cares what his skin color is, seriously, he has dark skin, big whoopty doo, I know it doesn't make a lick of difference to me or anyone else on this board, it only makes a difference to his supporters because that was one of the pivital points of what he ran on, backed up by the MSM, btw, your vote doesn't count, they will get whoever they want in office, they (TPTB) don't care about you unless it benefits them.

The only thing that would make me cry about all this garbage is that my tax payer dollars were wasted on the crap.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
what i don't get though is how pissed some of you seem to be about the way we feel. if you don't or can't get it then fine ... but why so angry? don't raine on our parade, lol!

Because he's just some guy. It's not even as if he's your favourite, now dead, puppy.

He's just some bloke doing a job!

Originally posted by Skeletal Lamping
Obama is, honestly, a half black senator in the right place at the right time, with the right mindless rhetoric.
(Couldn't have said it better.)

You're crying because some bloke in some country has a job? I guess sooner or later it'll be easier to cry for the working than the unemployed.

You have all been suckered in, that's why you don't "get it".

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

The only thing that would make me cry about all this garbage is that my tax payer dollars were wasted on the crap.

Sooo... any of the "true followers" want to foot the $450 million inauguration bill?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

Am I the only one who feels that this thread is kind of like a thread about someone's favorite on "American Idol" just got crowned the winner, and all the teen girls are crying and jumping around in their pjs? Very appropriate though for the MTV generation.

How many of you cried when Mandela became President?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One person can and does make a difference, from the smallest act to the grandest.
Think about it, if Rosa Parks had not refused to give up her seat that day on the bus, would we be here now at this moment in time?

So many tears of joy beginning election night, but today when I thought I would find tears, instead I felt a profound sense of the weight he carries now.

We are all in this life raft together. Will we ALL be the best we can be, will we all reclaim the self respect and dignity we owe to ourselves and to each other. Will we make a better nation, or simply let it drift until we all perish.

Yes, Rosa Parks was tired. Not tired in the physical sense, but tired of having to give up her self respect and dignity each time she was forced to move further back. She refused to move back anymore. She sat, and she reclaimed her dignity others tried to take away.

A leader protects and guides, but forces us to continue forward when we feel like giving up. A leader reaches deep inside for strength, an example to follow. God Bless America and our new leader.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I love how the majority of you are all so up in arms. Does anyone actually have any proof that Obama is going to dig this country any deeper than we already are? Or are you all just afraid of someone thats not your typical "president figure"? I'm a member of this new generation. The generation that helped Obama get to where he is. Excuse us for wanting to see something different. Excuse us for believing in the "hype" of a better country. After-all, is that not what we're after?

I don't know about others, but I don't take too kindly to being called a sheep. I voted for the man I felt had the best chance at leading this country. Until he proves otherwise, I'm going to stand by MY president.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

well i don't think my answer will satisfy you and i've already said it's hard to explain but i'll try ...

for me it's simply that ... i believe him. i believe HE believes there is a better way for not only americans but for the whole world to function. those are the ideals i hear when he speaks. i believe he's going to do his damnedest to make his ideals a reality.

he also just (finally) read my mind and acknowledged how sore poor michelle's feet must be!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
if some of you don't get why some of us are crying then i guess i don't blame you because i've no words myself that fully explains the emotion i feel over obama's presidency.

neither have i seen or read anyone else comprehensively put into words how many of us feel. and that's ok, yeah?

I will cause a monsoon on your parade if it will wash away the scales from your eyes.

You know why you can't describe what you feel?

In this series, Derren Brown makes a bunch of different people from different faiths believe that he is some sorta "savior", or that he has some sorta "supernatural powers". Watch this:

1 of 8

2 or 8

3 of 8

4 of 8

5 of 8

6 of 8

7 of 8

8 of 8

And I bet you are a sports fan, am I right?

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I find it ironic that the descendant of wealthy Africans whom it is common knowledge in Kenya were slave traders is hailed as the first American of African descent to become President.

White slave transporters did not capture Africans to be slaves they negotiated with the tribes on the coast to provide them slaves powerful tribes went in to the interior and captured rival tribe members and brought them to the coast to sell.

Obama's family was the ruling tribe in Kenya and became rich and powerful off their fellow Africans bodies and blood. HOW DO YOU THINK OBAMA"S DAD COULD AFFORD SCHOOLING IN THE STATES!!!

The jokes on you fools!!!!!!!!!!

AND JEWS FINANCED THE SLAVE SHIPS!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
reply to post by Nirgal

Am I the only one who feels that this thread is kind of like a thread about someone's favorite on "American Idol" just got crowned the winner, and all the teen girls are crying and jumping around in their pjs? Very appropriate though for the MTV generation.

How many of you cried when Mandela became President?

Given that I would never read a thread on that subject I could not responsibly comment.

I cried when Columbia broke up on re-entry, does that count?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join