It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (quote) amnesty bill WORST piece if -Snip- EVER!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Perhaps you might want to rethink that statement on who wants to pass this bill. Good old Harry Reid is the sponsor and its the Democraticly controlled Congress and Senate thats trying to pass this. NOT the republicans!!

www.opencongress.org...

Zindo

[edit on 1/19/2009 by ZindoDoone]

[edit on 1/19/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who else is going to be dumb enough to work for the Military Civilian Force?

Illegal Mexicans are dumb... trust me... I married one.

I've been through the Immigration process Post 9-11... and it's the most difficult process a married couple with children can go through.

So while I'm glad that these people can get Amenisty... and enjoy the same rights as American Citizens...

I now realize that the government needs a whole new group of DUMB (and yes I said it) PEOPLE to take advantage of.

I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world, but if you want to take advantage of a group of people that are completley oblivious to the world that surronds them... but having illegal Mexicans to take advantage of helps your little NWO / Police State agenda big time... because they won't care what the job is as long as they have a job.

That's my little rant.

It cost me $50,000 dollars and a year of being seprated from my wife to get her to become a resident... And now (if this video is true) I could of just waited a few years?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Enjoy the same rights? They have more rights than citizens do! If we break the law, we go to jail. If illegals come here and break the law it's ok.

Look at everything that you and your wife had to go through. You did the right thing. Illegals break the law just by coming here and stealing social security numbers and paying for false documents. They get rewarded?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

it cost me $50,000 dollars

That's way too high. It shouldn't cost much of anything. I just think there should be limits on how many people can come into the country. I have nothing against immigration at all...it just needs to be done reasonably.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My dad and I had to go through 6 months of hell to escape Vietnam to get to the USA. Countless paper work, years of living in camps to wait for acceptance. When we got here, we had to work just as hard to get everything we have now, and that is a struggeling life. We pay our taxes so that our "roads" and "infrastructure" can be maintained. I pay for my tuition and some semesters, I can't even afford it. Most of my family still remains in Vietnam, my mother lost on the journey here. I have made my sacrifices to become a US citizen and a hard working one at that. Why should someone be able to cut in line of me when I have passed through the roughest storm and am still lost at sea?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I always took this as a step towards a North American Union.
I think it's BS.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Enjoy the same rights? They have more rights than citizens do! If we break the law, we go to jail. If illegals come here and break the law it's ok.

Look at everything that you and your wife had to go through. You did the right thing. Illegals break the law just by coming here and stealing social security numbers and paying for false documents. They get rewarded?

#1. My wife came forward and said: "okay I'm illegal"... The penelty was she had to go back to Mexico for One Year and wait for the court to make a decision. We did this.

#2. When I say enjoy the same rights... let me clarify... I'm not speaking for ALL Illegals in general... I mean the ones that have already built a life here in the U.S. and can proove that they have been living here for 10+ years and have broken no laws. Those are the people that I'm defending. Why would I defend them for breaking the law in the first place you might ask? for crossing our border? Because Mexico so F'ed up to begin with that I'd do the same thing.

#3. If today's economy in the USA kept repeating it's self like Groundhog Day (just the economy) you'd find many Mexicans going back to where they came from... I know a few that did just that because the economy in America is no greater than the economy in Mexico (as of now).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
My dad and I had to go through 6 months of hell to escape Vietnam to get to the USA. Countless paper work, years of living in camps to wait for acceptance. When we got here, we had to work just as hard to get everything we have now, and that is a struggeling life. We pay our taxes so that our "roads" and "infrastructure" can be maintained. I pay for my tuition and some semesters, I can't even afford it. Most of my family still remains in Vietnam, my mother lost on the journey here. I have made my sacrifices to become a US citizen and a hard working one at that. Why should someone be able to cut in line of me when I have passed through the roughest storm and am still lost at sea?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by LeTan]

You deserve a ton of Kudos, LeTan! Proud to call you a fellow American.

I have NEVER met a lazy Asian....never.

Why is our govt making it so hard for industrious individuals to get citizenship in this country...but soooo easy for illegals getting free passes?

Actually that was a rhetorical question

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by Night Star

#1. My wife came forward and said: "okay I'm illegal"... The penelty was she had to go back to Mexico for One Year and wait for the court to make a decision. We did this.

#2. When I say enjoy the same rights... let me clarify... I'm not speaking for ALL Illegals in general... I mean the ones that have already built a life here in the U.S. and can proove that they have been living here for 10+ years and have broken no laws. Those are the people that I'm defending. Why would I defend them for breaking the law in the first place you might ask? for crossing our border? Because Mexico so F'ed up to begin with that I'd do the same thing.

#3. If today's economy in the USA kept repeating it's self like Groundhog Day (just the economy) you'd find many Mexicans going back to where they came from... I know a few that did just that because the economy in America is no greater than the economy in Mexico (as of now).

I admire you for your honesty
What a dilemma to have to deal with.

I could possibly agree with you regarding illegals that've been here 7-20+ years living life as a law-abiding, tax paying person(s)....This should certainly carry a significant weight when the time comes to make their presence legal. However, I feel there should be some sort of amends to be made for breaking the law in the first place. Personally, I would forego any punishments that would cause deportation or imprisionment. Perhaps a fee should be assessed for every year of illegal status. Nothing so great that payment couldn't be met.

Encourage illegals to come clean and live here without fear of reprisal.

Now, let's deport the politicians that can't make this work!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

Illegal aliens ILLEGAL. What part of illegal do you not understand.They have sneaked across the border of the country.There are many that work under stolen social security numbers.They have broken the law!!! Then they expect to be given citizenship just because they are here. Wtf. There have been countless thousands of immigrants over the years that have done it legally.
They had to stand in line,take the test and learn the LANGUAGE.All to assimilate into our society.They are American citizens!!!

I would suppose that if you came home and there were 15 illegal aliens sitting around your livingroom.You wouldn't get a little upset when they told you that they were just as entitled to your home as you were.
Sheesh what some people use for brains...no wonder this country is going down the tubes.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Who else is going to be dumb enough to work for the Military Civilian Force..

I now realize that the government needs a whole new group of DUMB (and yes I said it) PEOPLE to take advantage of.

WHOA! what an insight!!!
You know, your NO dummy at all to think of this angle.......this COULD BE exactly whats really going on here!!
And your smart enough to see it and point it out!
O
M
G

That angle makes SO MUCH sense.....

[edit on 19-1-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Wow this is bull cr@p!
These people will get more leeway in our country than citizens!
Star and flag my friend. Im gonna be watching this.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05
They deserve it and I applaud it. I am so glad if a bill like this passes. First of all, those immigrants are no less than you. I understand the tediousness that immigrants had to pass by the Bush Administration. However, Obama is another person, and I would like to see those 12 million people become residents and eventually citizens, as us they have to pay the same bills, work the same way, and it's even harder for them as they cannot even drive a CAR! C'mon, if you're a LEGAL resident and talk # about illegals I hope next time you renew you get kicked out! Why is it that us as Americans must be welcomed everywhere with open arms? When we are soooo strict with our immigration policies. There is enough of everything for everyone. Also, immigration didn't cause the economic mess there is now. So, you envious and stupid brats don't be so self conceited. Because of your egoism is that this country is going down. Where is America the land of freedom??

countries have laws and these people are breaking them. and i am glad in a new report that illegal immigration is highly down because of our economy, GOOD. if a bad economy stops them from coming in then i am happy. and what are you talking about we must be welcomed everywhere????? you cannot illegally immigrate into mexico without being shot. this is my country and i do not want it to be over run with these illegal gang members with their guns and hate for the law and anything not mexican. stay on your side of the fence we dont want or need you. m great parents came here through ellis island and did it the legal way and so should everyone else. if you cant then you deserve to be deported back to your hell hole.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

When you get out of grade school, I might listen to your opinion of ILLEGAL Immigrant,
You pretty obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All I can say is that if this bill makes it to Obama's desk AND he signs it into law - he's gonna need a lot more security.

There will be a TON of people very ticked off over paying the legal fees for the illegals, and even more ticked off over FREE TUITION.

Unless the taxpayer that is flipping the bill gets the same benefits, people will be pissed.

Easing the cost and timeframe for legal immigration I can support. Giving people a carte blanche plus even more perks than the people who will be paying for it all, I cannot support.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone
[Perhaps you might want to rethink that statement on who wants to pass this bill. Good old Harry Reid is the sponsor and its the Democraticly controlled Congress and Senate thats trying to pass this. NOT the republicans!!]

How about this?

I based my earlier assumption on this:

Fast forward to mid-February 2007, for a moment: A breaking news bulletin interrupts regular broadcasting during prime time. Television cameras zoom in on the White House where a historic piece of legislation is being about to become law by virtue of approval by President Bush.

At the center of the stage sits the president, smiling broadly at the Democrats and RINOs who joined him in acting on behalf of Mexico and against the interests of the American people.

The assembled traitors will include Democrat senators Reid, Kennedy, Boxer, and Feinstein, and Republicans Frist and McCain. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the Sanchez sisters, and other advocates for criminal invaders will represent the U.S. House.

With a stroke of his presidential pen, President Bush will grant legal status to the 20 million illegal alien criminals who have invaded America since 1986, when wholesale amnesty was last granted. Once Bush is finished, former illegal aliens will comprise anywhere from 3-8% of the total United States population.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
When will people wake up, unlock their gun cupboard and march on this out of control government?!?! It has betrayed the will of the people SIX TIMES NOW. Hopefully more people will go do some 'target practice' at the border to send a clear message.

Build a fence, instead of a NAFTA superhighway.

I dunno, when will YOU wake up and do it? All you guys that speak of having marches and bringing your guns to protests, I've yet to see anyone of you do it. Less talk, more action.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by pjslug]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No way ,
Illegals should not get anything other than a bus ride back to
mexico and kicked in the pants as they leave.
We dont't need em , don't want em and until they can OBEY our
laws - the laws of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -- YOU ARE NOT
WANTED HERE.

People , we need to tell our reps to stop this bs and listen to us.
we own this country and will not stand for a bunch of losers
in our country any more.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Americans took Mexico's land... did Americans simply forgot that they took half of Mexico by taking Santa Anna hostage?

Mexicans also do all the dirty work that even the lower class in the U.S. wouldn't do. Perhaps even the Chinese illegal immigrants wouldn't do.

I pay my taxes, and I don't like it, but money...

People are hating this because they have to spend money for foreigners. That's about it.

Nowadays, I really don't give a crap about the Dollar.

If i run out of money I earn more, what's so complex about that concept?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

for god's sake, did you even bother to look when this was posted? Look at the rolling headlines on the bottom and you'll quickly find out that this video is from 2007, more specifically 5/23/07 when the news broke of Ibrahim Dimson *do a google search* was sentenced. You have nothing to worry about, no such bill is in congress, it died 2 years ago, let it go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join