It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (quote) amnesty bill WORST piece if -Snip- EVER!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't have such a problem with the 'anti-amnesty' crowd if they didn't try so damned hard to hide their prejudice.

If these were white, educated immigrants coming south from Canada or across the pond from Europe, these same people who be ecstatic.

Let's face it - they look different than you, in most cases speak a different language, and generally don't assimilate into the general American population - not that they'd be necessarily welcomed.

I don't much follow Lou Dobbs anymore, although I went through a phase where I watched CNN 24/7.

I'm not at all trying to say that Dobbs is a racist or that America is somehow oppressing Latin Americans. I think America, as a sovereign nation, has every right to police it's border and to turn away illegals.

A guy like Dobbs, however, does more harm than good as a rabble-rowser.

He's your typical 'common man,' doing his best for the hard working stiff out there in TV-land, just one of the guys. Meanwhile he rides to work every afternoon in a limo and lives like a king, cashing in on his populist image.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
A guy like Dobbs, however, does more harm than good as a rabble-rowser. He's your typical 'common man,' doing his best for the hard working stiff out there in TV-land, just one of the guys. Meanwhile he rides to work every afternoon in a limo and lives like a king, cashing in on his populist image.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oops from above! You got that right, it always makes me laugh when people start talking about rounding up talkshow hosts for FEMA camps, these guys are even more pointless than the current crop of wanna-be politicians who are actors and musicians. Why would anyone round them up, they are just preaching to their own choir.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by ZindoDoone
[Perhaps you might want to rethink that statement on who wants to pass this bill. Good old Harry Reid is the sponsor and its the Democraticly controlled Congress and Senate thats trying to pass this. NOT the republicans!!]

How about this?

I based my earlier assumption on this:

Fast forward to mid-February 2007, for a moment: A breaking news bulletin interrupts regular broadcasting during prime time. Television cameras zoom in on the White House where a historic piece of legislation is being about to become law by virtue of approval by President Bush.

At the center of the stage sits the president, smiling broadly at the Democrats and RINOs who joined him in acting on behalf of Mexico and against the interests of the American people.

The assembled traitors will include Democrat senators Reid, Kennedy, Boxer, and Feinstein, and Republicans Frist and McCain. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the Sanchez sisters, and other advocates for criminal invaders will represent the U.S. House.

With a stroke of his presidential pen, President Bush will grant legal status to the 20 million illegal alien criminals who have invaded America since 1986, when wholesale amnesty was last granted. Once Bush is finished, former illegal aliens will comprise anywhere from 3-8% of the total United States population.

That was a hypothetical situation that never happened.

And yes, this is old news.....but watch for the next try. Probably won't be long now.

Also, in reference to your link, Compean and Ramos got their sentences commuted today. They get out Mar. 20.

If they were gang rapist or pedophiles, they would probably already have been out.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is a subject that I have a lot to say about. I will just list my four main points:

1) I am an american citizen but it took me seven years of constant problems. During the first 4 years I was not allowed to leave the country and every visit to the Immigration offices I was treated really badly by the staff - probably intentionally. During that time I didn't get to see my family back in the country I was born, firstly because I wasn't given permission to travel outside the country while my paperwork was being processed - even when my father died I had to deal with the situation from thousands of miles away. My family can't come to visit me as they can't get visas - South Africans are considered high risk groups. Still I went through the legal process to become a citizen.

2) A friend is also an american citizen originally from South Africa she hasn't been able to see her son who is older than 21 other than when she leaves the country to see him. He hasn't been given a visa to visit her as he is in the afore-mentioned high risk group. She applied for him for an immigration visa three years ago. The only response she has had to date was an acknowledgement of receipt of application. All processing of immigration visas seems to have stopped in September 2008 as that is the last time the USCIS site was updated. But still she waits for process to be completed through legal channels.

3) We keep speaking about the millions of hispanic illegals in the USA who are willing to do the work "that americans refuse to do" and therefore they should be given this amnesty. What total poppycock! What about the children in the far east sewing your expensive jeans and clothing for 50 cents a day in sweatshops! Don't you think they should also be given this amnesty and fast tracked for citizenship? Don't you think they would rather be picking fruit in the southern states for $5 an hour rather than sit in a little room for 18 hours a day for 50 cents? Are they lesser humans because we can't see them? Are they not doing the work Americans won't do?

4) Why is it that Chinese, Russian , Indian etc immigrants legal and illegal feel obliged to learn to speak english when they come to the states and yet the hispanic masses refuse to. During my visits to the Immigration offices there were always spanish speaking officers available to speak to spanish speaking applicants if not they would find a translator. But when applicants from the eastern block arrived at the counter they were sent away unless they could speak english or had a translator with them.

So in short I don't believe that illegals should be given an advantage for breaking the law, when so many others are trying to do the right thing and going through a difficult, long but legal process. If someone broke into your house and decided to stay there, would they have the legal right to lay claim to your home?

If all of this is not as clear as I would like it to be , please excuse me as I am a little sleepy.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05
They deserve it and I applaud it. I am so glad if a bill like this passes. First of all, those immigrants are no less than you. I understand the tediousness that immigrants had to pass by the Bush Administration. However, Obama is another person, and I would like to see those 12 million people become residents and eventually citizens, as us they have to pay the same bills, work the same way, and it's even harder for them as they cannot even drive a CAR! C'mon, if you're a LEGAL resident and talk # about illegals I hope next time you renew you get kicked out! Why is it that us as Americans must be welcomed everywhere with open arms? When we are soooo strict with our immigration policies. There is enough of everything for everyone. Also, immigration didn't cause the economic mess there is now. So, you envious and stupid brats don't be so self conceited. Because of your egoism is that this country is going down. Where is America the land of freedom??

You're kidding, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I do not know why you are all making a big deal about this, America was stolen from the indegenious, then california, arizona, texas, new mexico, and nevada was stolen from mexico. All of you who say they came legally to this country are ridiculous. You must remeber, i country that's stolen can never be golden.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You'd have to have some serious balls to even notion submitting a bill like that.

1 liner XD

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If this passes, I will personally lead the charge, as an immigrant to this nation by the PROPER channels, Law abiding, and honest, to repeal this law. This is just trash, people like this should NOT be put in front of me in line. I was brought here by the US government and have been a damned patriotic individual since arriving. I hold allegiance or even affiliation for any other country but this one. These people don't give a damn about America or her future and should not be allowed amnesty. That's just asking for future usurpations.

You said all I want to say...........
..what a crap bill, revolution anyone?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have been trying to find a way to be declared an illegal alien, so that I can qualify for all the freebees that the Feds are trying to shovel on them.

The problem is that I was born in this country. So I would have to sneak into Mexico, renounce my citizenship, gain Mexican citizenship, and then sneak back over the border. It would be just my luck that there is fine print in the bill to disqualify people who do this.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Everybody, I think this happened in 2007... I should've read the congress report more carefully lol.

It must be dead by then...

I'm not against immigration but hey, If you want to move to a different country you stay with that country and you contribute to that country.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
One word: "California".

They seem to be doing fantastic down there--lets copy their idealistic bankrupt ways which they got everyone hooked on and now can't pay for.

This bill would be political suicide for whoever voted for it with unemployment going up and the economy borrowing from our grandchildren so we can survive now.

I'm pro-amnesty, but there should be a probationary period of three years: pay taxes, learn English "now", have a clean criminal record, get a discount on education and home loans, have a full time job, serve in the military if you can't find a job or afford college. Commit a felony or numerous misdemeanors in that 3 year time frame and you forfeit your citizenship.

[edit on 1/19/09 by Atomic]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This bill is ridiculous, basically we are paying for the broken plates of someone else. the creepy part is that illegal gang members can get amnesty just by saying they don't want to be gang members anymore, s**** like they will tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Have they any other choice the North American Union isn't some trade-route.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

Any illegal alien would be disqualified for your amnesty based on their being felons.

It is a felony to sneak into this country without going through a port of entry.

It is also a felony to provide false documents to an employer to bypass the Simpson-Mazolli Act. That's the one that requires you to provide two forms of ID to get a job.

Most illegals either have a stolen Social Security number or a fake one. It is a felony to steal a SS number.

Some illegals report income to the IRS under assumed names or stolen identities. This is also a felony.

The illegals who do not pay income taxes are also commiting felonies.

I think that it is very disturbing that the Federal Govt. is willing to turn a blindeye to activities that would put you and I in prison for years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Actually "SNL" couldn't have performed a better skit if they tried.

Well being as I have been out of work now for oh.... what is it now dear? 4 months I think were going to cross the border apply for Mexican citizenship and then sneak back across as illegal aliens... Sounds like a plan. No Habla Senor.

Piece of S/#$! doesn't give this bill the credit it truly deserves. Total piece of F;[_%^& dogs!@#$ filth )&^^% )^%^$$ !@$% and )%$(#. Thats a bit more on point I think.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

now that is just silly. Your point would make sense if the Mexicans were just in Texas and Southern California. They are not they are everywhere. I say make em stay in their own country unless they go through the same process as everyone else to become American citizens. Why should they get a break when so many others INCLUDING AMERICAN CITIZENS do not get the same rights as they will have. No Back Taxes AND TAX CREDITS? American citizens only get their tax credits if they have paid their taxes in previous years. That means that they actually contributed something to our government. NO F*%$ing handouts!!! You think that illegals aren't a drain on our economy and our social welfare programs? If so then perhaps we should ship you off too....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I really don't think this will get far in congress. That is not the point however. The fact that it is even being proposed is an outrage, an insult, a humiliation and an abomination. Whomever proposed, or supports this is a traitor and should be hung from the steps of the Capitol.

Are there any Americans running America?? The government is no longer of, by and for the people.

The problem with the government is that it is run by politicians. We don't elect 'people' or 'citizens', we elect professional politicians: individuals who act on behalf of corporations, political organizations, special interest groups, even foreign nations or foreign interests. Individuals skilled in pandering, making empty promises; masters in the art of legalese, and technicalities.

SHAME on them for doing this to America. SHAME on us for letting them get this far.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So, I'm not anti-Mexican except for when my neighbors play that circus music, but everyone is always like, aren't we a nation of immigrants? And I'm like YES! Immigrants of all kinds! These amnesty bills will create the exact opposite of that. If we import Mexicans in bulk we're hurting them and us because we're screwing all the people that want to come in legally from all over the world. Diversity is a good thing people! However, we do need more people. We don't have an increasnig birth rate and our system is based on that very thing which is continued growth.

The real problem here has nothing to do with race. The real problem is greed and the Mexicans are being exploited too.

Look at what happens when they hire them at half price. I'm out of a job so I won't be buying anything and they'll only be buying half of what I would have. What's the number one problem right now? Nobody's buying anything anymore right? We're all in this together. You can't screw everyone out of half of what they're worth and still expect to sell your products.

What's going on is all the companies are saying, we're only going to pay everyone half, but then next year they make less revenue and they start boo hooing about it. The foundation of the economy is that you work and buy something. THERE MUST BE WORK FOR THAT TO HAPPEN! THERE MUST BE MONEY!

It's not just illegal immigration. It's hiring cheaper workers, it's off shoring jobs, it's replacing workers with machines. Automated checkout machines are my pet freaking peeve by the way. Yeah it's cheaper. Don't know who's gonna buy your crap next year though. Automated checkout machines don't eat!

Also, the American government is never coming to help on this one. We keep saying no and they keep saying yes. If I put on my tinfoil I'd guess it's because of our fiat currency system. It depends on ever continuing growth and we have a stable birth rate. Deflation and stagflation collapses or screws up the system. Therefore the government knows we need extra people even if we don't like them simply to increase the growth curve by buying more crap and paying more taxes before it all goes up in a ball of flames. It's not going to work though because we have the people. We just don't have anything for them to do.

However, I can't say I really feel sorry for the country. Everyone kept saying buy American, buy American and we all rushed out to Walmart to buy cheap lead-laden Chinese crap at the new automated checkout machines. This includes me by the way. Now we've lost jobs and Walmart is the only place some can afford to shop and even if you buy it some place else, it turns out it's still just cheap Chinese lead-laden crap! So, I hope Obama's plan works, but it'd better create some real jobs or we're going to need a completely new paradigm other than the one we currently have, which is basically, will work for food. That just won't work if there's no jobs now will it?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
again, did anybody bother to check that this bill was debated and fail to pass in the Senate? Why are we still arguing on this bill that is long dead???
I'm surprised nobody found that out if they even watched the video

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join