It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Dimensions and dreams as proof that they exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I believe that our individual dreams are our "looking glass" into the other possible outcomes that exist have occured in our lives. These outcomes exist in other dimensions. We can visit them through a gland in our brains at night when we sleep.

I could have done 1 of a 100 things this morning instead of typing on this thread and you could have done 1 in 1000 things besides read it, but here we both are. I think that those other 100 or 1000 things did get done, but in a different dimension - all possible outcomes known to the creator of our reality.

Think back about a dream you have had, ever have these kinds of feelings in them, "I know this place, it looks just like my house, but it is different". Yes, you do know it, but life in that dimension turned out different than life in this dimension - things are not quite the same, but do look similar.

Your actions and the actions of others have changed things, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse- we are really all connected. Is it possible that we are actually one being split across multiple dimensions acting out every possilble outcome from 1 to infinity? Mind blowing, isnt it? The bible teaches us that God started with one (Adam) and took a part of him to create Eve - is this just a story or is there more to this?

If we can ever prove that multiple dimensions exist, then the next question will have to be why, why do they exist. Life makes a lot more sense to me, religion makes a lot more sense to me when I think in multiple diminsions instead of just one.

I realize that this all seems a bit crazy, but ask yourself if Einstein was crazy for trying to proove the existance of multiple dimensions and wonder about what he may have thought existed in those multiple dimensions.

If nothing else, this seems like it could be a good fiction story, so if you are out there wanting to make a new movie, use this material - I would pay $8 for the ticket.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by billhinesjrThink back about a dream you have had, ever have these kinds of feelings in them, "I know this place, it looks just like my house, but it is different".

Of course, your mind created it; it only makes sense that it would create something that it was familiar with.

But what about those things that aren’t familiar? When I was younger I had a dream that I was being chased by midget monsters, I ran into my parent bedroom which promptly turned into a pirate ship complete with cartoon canons which shot the midgets to pieces. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t an alternate reality.

Also, why are you saying this has anything to do with a gland in our brains? If you were serious about this hypothesis why add something for which you have no proof? I assume you haven’t done many dissections of human brains to locate this gland and study its function.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I agree with the theory that our dreams are portals with which we can glimpse parallel worlds. Since Michio Kaku popularized the possible existence of the multiverse and parallel worlds, I have reflected upon my dreams as if they are NOT fiction, but actual alternate realities that do exist.

Almost everyone believes that dreams are just strange, visual stories our minds make up when we're sleeping. Most people believe it's just our minds trying to sort out whatever is troubling us in our "awake life". There are hundreds of books on "dream interpretation" and so forth, all of which I believe are just garbage. Any psychotherapist (including Freud) who tries to help you by interpreting your dreams is wrong about the true nature of them.

The big question, I think, is how our brains and/or minds can tune in to these other parallel worlds. I feel like we tune to them like you would tune a radio into certain frequencies.

The overall multiverse theory has mind-blowing implications. You have millions (perhaps trillions) of copies of yourself existing, living, thinking, acting, being born and dying in millions of parallel worlds, each just as real as the others.

I've even thought that when you see religious art of the crucifixion of Jesus and there are the two convicted thieves on crosses near Jesus, the symbolic message is that in one reality, Jesus is a holy messiah, in another parallel world, he is a thief, and in another world, perhaps he is a wrongly convicted thief, and in three other worlds, none of them are convicted or crucified, and in another world Jesus was never crucified but the other two men were, and in other worlds there are all the different possible outcomes. Just think about it the next time you see one of those grand scale paintings of the crucifixion and all the characters depicted.

By the way, there is a very good movie about parallel worlds. It's called SLIDING DOORS (1998) and stars Gwyneth Paltrow.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by billhinesjr

I realize that this all seems a bit crazy, but ask yourself if Einstein was crazy for trying to proove the existance of multiple dimensions and wonder about what he may have thought existed in those multiple dimensions.

This isn't crazy at all, we all exist in many dimensions. My studies of it indicate there may be thousands of dimensions of time and space. I believe this is where our spirits go to play while we sleep.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
I agree with the theory that our dreams are portals with which we can glimpse parallel worlds.

Why? Why not say that it's our mind creating a whole new universe, or we're remote viewing or any number of other random explanations?

Originally posted by autowrench

This isn't crazy at all, we all exist in many dimensions. My studies of it indicate there may be thousands of dimensions of time and space. I believe this is where our spirits go to play while we sleep.

Eh? What do you mean “your studies”? Are you a physicist? What exactly have you studied to come to this absolutely ground breaking conclusion?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I agree with your point of view on this.
Our dreams include our fantasies, fears, things we've conceived of during the day, on a conscious and unconscious level- Things we're familiar with or see, and our imaginations at work.

They aren't "Portals" we view alternate dimensions through.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The idea of dreams being a look into another universe is weird to me.
Consider my dream last night.

I was driving down a street and saw dozens of giant pumpkins on
fire rolling down a bust street. They were causing parked cars to
catch on fire and cars on the road were swerving off the road.
I chase the culprits with a rock in my hand to a supermarket, where
they were buying more. I tried to get the clerk to call the police, but
she said they were her best customers. They were buying more
pumpkins and gasoline. I smashed one of the guys in the head with
a rock so she would call the police there. While waiting for the police,
I decided to do some grocery shopping.

I'm not sure it is another dimension. But hey maybe I'm wrong.
My guess is that they are a interpretation of emotions scattered
in the brain.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dreams...just the mind on "tick-over" while the body does it's thing.

If there was no activity during sleep, we wouldn't have yesterdays and tommorrows.

No different dimensions, no other lives, just good old fashioned imagination and creativity.

Why isn't it possible that we're not THAT fantastic?

cheers....nerb the only one, here and now!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

Originally posted by billhinesjrAlso, why are you saying this has anything to do with a gland in our brains? If you were serious about this hypothesis why add something for which you have no proof? I assume you haven’t done many dissections of human brains to locate this gland and study its function.

I believe he/she is talking about the Pineal Gland; since old surrounded by the belief of also being the all seeing Eye.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes, I have heard that it is the Pineal Gland that gives us our ability to dream - I have read that it produces something called '___' - I am not sure what that chemical is, but it is all quite interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I believe that our dreams are portals into our alternate realities.

Theories of parallel worlds/timelines/universes say that the universe splits everytime we make a decision.
If that is true, then there should be an infinite number of alternate universes and thus an infinite number of you/me.
When we sleep that may allow an opening into the "overveiw" of all of these possibilities.

I had a dream once where I knew that I didn't belong there. It just wasn't right. I knew what my true life was.
That dream sparked my belief that each night we visit one of the many possible lives that are out there.

Even when you have a way off the wall dream, ie.
I had a dream that was like a cartoon.
Well, did you ever watch a movie and get so engrossed that you feel like you're there?
Maybe the alternate "me" was actually watching that cartoon when I zoned into his reality...

Ive had many dreams about people and places that I know and as many about people and places that I dont know.
My question is...How can you dream about people and places that you have never seen?
answer..I have seen them, in an alternate universe.

Now dont get me wrong, some dreams are just dreams. Our mind uses dreams to assimilate our daily experiences into useful information.

My daughter had a dream where in she was dead. This caused her allot of discomfort. She thought it was a preminission, an omen.
I explained my theory to her, and it made her feel better.

Perhaps there is more to this world of ours than we think.

Take this for what it is, my 2 cents...

el loco

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I partially agree - I believe that sometimes (many times), our dreams are just our minds, stripped of logic and social structure, randomly playing out its experiences, hopes, and fears to itself while our bodies reboot for the next day.

However, sometimes, special dreams occur. A conversation with a loved one, a prophetic encounter, a story that is too involved and too linear, or an experience that is just too real, is more than just a random firing of synapses. Everything is energy, and perhaps sometimes these energies entwine with one another and we have a truly "enlightened" experience. Unfortunately, we don't know very much about how the sleeping brain operates, and what exactly it is that we experience in REM. Until technology catches up to us, I'm afraid we never will.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Although I wouldn't rule out the multiverse theory, I'm not so sure dreams are where we visit one of the alternate lives. My dreams are so jumbled up they hardly make any sense. I've dreamt of celebrities, and I really don't think it's likely in another dimension I'm meeting the person.

I do have vivid dreams on occasion, and these do seem have a sense of importance about them, but offer no answers. They can feel as though you actually went there in your dream.

Most of my dreams are of water. Oceans, lakes, rivers, swimming pools and beaches.

Others are of UFO's, airports and airplanes. I did have a dream around "98 or 99 of being at an airport, and seeing a jetliner flying towards a skyscraper. It was about to crash and I thought I should call 911. I went to use a payphone, but a soldier took the phone from my hand and told me it was taken care of and to basically mind my own business. There were alot of soldiers in this airport. I don't think it was a prophetic dream of 911. I think I dreamt of soldiers in an airport because as a child we once landed at DOW AFB in Bangor just after the changeover to bangor international, it was filled with soldiers. They had very strict rules how you exited the plane onto the runway. During the flight we flew through lightening and we were all scared of crashing, so it's most likely I had these parts in my memory and formulated it into the 911 dream.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
On msn, Lincolns Birthday they had strange facts about Pres. Lincoln, a week before he was assasinated he had a dream where he heard some cry in a room at the white house, when he went to see and asked whats the matter and the lady said he passed away, when he went to the coffin he saw himself in the coffin.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Okay for starters the past 2 years ive known my best friend ive felt like im him from somewhere else. I dont believe that 100% and i dont ever go by that. but ive had a few situations where show it could be true. I had my sister listen to pineal gland activation frequency's which i do my self (make me almost astral project and very lucid dream) and she went into a trance. said she saw literaly double, than pointed at me and said this is all wrong, justins supposed to be there and than said i was never meant to exist, this is very little detail and may not make sense. but im very tired and i just cant get it off my mind. im looking for answers, sometimes i feel like mine and others thoughts turn into reality. and i know thats not physicaly possible but i believe that all anything needs is belief and the deepest semi-subconscious though i have or a hope or wish (not something i want, but truely desire) comes true. its hard to explain and only happens when i truly believe it. and in a way of believing i have ever felt in my life. its hard to explain. ive tried looking for answers and every time i stop an answer falls into my hands with 10 more questions. i feel like i and about the 10 closest people around me are lightworkers. oh and i cant make a post so im just replying.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Years ago I was visited by strange beings in a vivid dream and told "beware of the sixth dimension". They also oened my living room floor and showed me a spiral galaxy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No disagreement here, I believe very similar to the OP. Perhaps this post will be of interest as it is the most likely system of representation for the multi-verse/dreams/hallucinations/etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"In my house there are many mansions"

many dimensions and many universes

"everything is contained with it's being"

"I am all that I am"

I am "that" I am....... on many levels

the great oneness ....has many mansions to it's cosmic being

physics, shamans and lucid dreamers ....understand that there is a great cosmic labyrinth

the many dimensions and realities that are all contained with in our (being) dreaming

the great cosmic reality illusion no matter how big or boundlessly vast it may be

(this also includes ...the realities of both life and death)

are all still an illusion......no matter how many dimensions you visit

life and death ...what a big beautiful illusion it all is......

with plenty room for every multi one of us ..... so play nice ...

new topics

top topics

join