It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I just wanted to share with you some of my fruits of my labour. Symbolism is a most powerful tool, one which is not given the treatment it deserves within our education systems. Included with this post is a video and two links. the two links were developed earlier than the video and as such it is perhaps the most succinct explanation of the topic at hand. I did my best to cover as much as I could and be as truthful as I could without letting myself get in the way. I had considered posting this in the science section as it is somewhat technical but nothing which excludes anyone from understanding it, and also as it relates directly to technology however, I myself am Man and thus swayed by emotion, so truly believing this to be of importance to spirituality, life and death questions I believe it is best posted here. No doubt the mods will rectify if it is otherwise.

Peace.

code.msdn.microsoft.com/lighttrap

lighttrap.codeplex.com
edit on 20-11-2011 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

So if I understand correctly, this means that most of the "reality" we're subject to as we go about our lives has been downsampled, spun, or otherwise engineered so as to attempt to create our opinions or viewpoints for us.

If might be fair enough to say (even if it's just the ego defending itself) that we're stubborn and so less likely to be swayed by subliminal direction, but does that come from "us" (the viewer, naïve or not) or from them (whoever presents the information to us with a certain spin or slant in mind)?

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

Hi there! Star and Flag for you!

Remember reading about the ARCH as a prominent and important symbol of the MASONS. I guess this was an epiphany of sorts if you were a builder or stonemason in those days - the advent of the ARCH changed all the building over the face of the Earth. It is very telling therefor to me the most recognized world symbol is
McDonalds, one of the biggest corporations in the world and their "golden arches."

I was searching the web for things I took notes on earlier and one of these was The Hidden Hand.

I did not know about this bit of symbolism until just now and when I was reading I remembered your thread here on ATS this morning and decided to come back to it and post this for you and who ever else might be interested. Very curious and now I want to know more about this and how it affects us and our world leaders and apparent direction. I do know almost all of human life revolves around symbolism and it is one of those things that divides us from our animal friends. You may find this link very interesting...

vigilantcitizen.com...

And searching The Hidden Hand here on ATS I found this embed: www.illuminati-news.com... as a part of this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... The Hidden Hand Message discussion. Great reading! Love this quote from illuminati news intro page:

We are the flies being stuck in a giant web of deceit. The question is:

Who is the Spider?

edit on 20-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
your OP describes the most important difference between how our computers, technologies, and approach to science in general, process information as compared to our own biological minds and the ACTUAL functioning of reality in general.

that is to say, in the simplest terms, science (linear physical mechanics) builds reality from the "bottom up", and the human mind and biology builds reality from the "top down".

an exciting exposition of this (as an augmentation to your OP) can be found here:

perlovsky, physics of the mind

also, the wonderful Terrence mckenna gives a really great description of this in the following article:

Language is the stuff of the world, not quarks or wave-packets or neutrinos, but language. Everything is made of language. All the constructs of science are actually interlocking constructs of syntax. So that's ordinary language which seems to define reality through a kind of process of lying about it.

Cultural conditioning is like software, but beneath the software is the hardware of brain and organism and by dissolving the cultural conditioning to speak English, German, Swahili or whatever, then one returns to this ur-sprach, this primal language of the animal body and can explore the real dimension of feeling that culture has a tendency to cut us off from. Culture replaces authentic feeling with words.

visual language, T.Mckenna

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
also, the wonderful Terrence mckenna gives a really great description of this in the following article:

Language is the stuff of the world, not quarks or wave-packets or neutrinos, but language. Everything is made of language. All the constructs of science are actually interlocking constructs of syntax. So that's ordinary language which seems to define reality through a kind of process of lying about it.

Cultural conditioning is like software, but beneath the software is the hardware of brain and organism and by dissolving the cultural conditioning to speak English, German, Swahili or whatever, then one returns to this ur-sprach, this primal language of the animal body and can explore the real dimension of feeling that culture has a tendency to cut us off from. Culture replaces authentic feeling with words.

visual language, T.Mckenna

I know of T.McKenna and have followed some of his work, he is an enlightened individual no doubt. I hadn't come across that particular piece most interesting. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Add this to the thread as it is relevant.

Originally posted by usernamehere

Abbreviation is a necessary evil and the abbreviator's business is to make the best of a job which, though intrinsically bad, is still better than nothing.

Given any field where records are kept and no matter the format they all will be based upon symbolism.

The entire records of time at our fingertips and yet nothing. Why is it that we paw at our own creation in the manner of a prehistoric Man drawing on walls? Fear can own and so we should face it own it instead. There is no difference between the evidence of these systems of Men combined and those tales of past which heralded certain people with an ability to remotely view from the mirror to the crystal ball, this is the digital equivalent we just aren't using it as we should.

It is strange how simple things seem once we know them.

So secrets die really do we need them? There is but one enemy here and that is Man, it is not corporations or governments it is Man. We may have made some horrendous choices over the past few hundred years but we can face the truth.

Finally a few thoughts as to the direction this is heading:

Science fiction is often beating Science to the punch and in a quirky way this is true here as well. The hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy is brought into new light when one considers that the guide is but the marriage of symbolism and scale, the exact specifics of the development of software to accomplish this is beyond the scope of this record but the idea is enough.

In holography and a few other fields of similar vein there has or still does exist a belief that the universe is but a 2D map, whether it is or not one cannot know (Wholeness and Implicate Order, or many of the spiritual texts) regardless it does not stop one developing a system in that vein. So here is some code for the experimental out there.

Processing: www.datafilehost.com...

C# Wpf: www.datafilehost.com...

That is only a single method of interacting with the library many more exist.

There is not a more applicable system for describing the multi-verse as this Man made system which embodies the very essence of it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As further supporting evidence of visual time traversal I offer for consideration an on-line application developed in silverlight. The basic premise is the same as the application offered earlier at this location:

HERE

To understand the underlying principles and why this holds against scrutiny you will need to investigate the sources given as well as the plethora of other sources which provide the points but do not connect them. It is best to use a root and transform image of the same dimensions and base (base may be interpreted as format 1 bit per pixel is equal to a base of two, 8 bits per pixel is equal to a base of 256 and 24 bits per pixel is equal to base 768 (though this base is usually reduced to 256). Once the root and transform images are available you may perform simple arithmetic upon the two sets or images. Offered is access to every image without the necessity of occupying or having a device occupying the space-time sought. The available sets consist from 1x1 to NxN for each of the offered bases (from b&w to greyscale to rgb).

Below is offered a video demonstration of the application in use.

The application can be accessed at at this link and should work on any computer with up-to-date silverlight:

everyimage.net63.net...

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well it's about that time and so I bid you all farewell with some final thoughts.

Why were the books burnt? Why is photographic film not so heavily supported? Why does the government maintain a paper-trail when the majority of people are penalised for receiving any physical form of documentation. What occurs when the power goes out or to a lesser extent when the internet disappears? What of the cloud and it's petabyte plus of information?

The answer is this: Man's memory is lost and we begin anew.

Knowledge is power and as such those who maintain as much knowledge as possible will maintain as much power as possible. Contemplate how important an individual who understands medicine (not quackery but real medicine) is, or one who is able to create such a simple thing as fire.

If any of the seers of the past were alive today and writing in the common form of the age would future generations be able to enjoy their works or would they be lost?

Nothing is lost and nothing is forgotten in the kingdom.

Given is a system to enable humanity to recognise their position in the kingdom. The ability to view any moment of space-time, to view the pyramids construction or the attacks on 9/11 even the murder of JFK but how little I realised the dis-empowerment suffered in this age where the standard practice is to disavow reality.

The state of the world is shameful best of luck to all my brothers and sisters.

top topics

join