It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have Another Civil War and/or A Racial War in American Under Obama?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

It was not about freeing the slaves It:IE; Civil War, was about preservation of the Union. As for any coming strife, I will defend our existing constitution until I am no longer able. Anyone, or any agency which does not defend it or changes it to not resemble the way the founding fathers intended it..WILL BE THE OTHER SIDE

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
reply to post by redhatty

Ok Alpha, Red, and other well educated liberals.
The world would have been a better place if Lincoln would have never been born and he was indeed a racist and a bad man.

What we are getting at is that the truth is not the same as what the history books say. The job of a railroad lawyer is to protect the railroad not the people who's land the railroad is going to take. Lawyers like that don't run around making the world better for the little guy. Common sense will tell you that Lincoln became President with RAILROAD $$$$. He was BEHOLDEN to them same as all of the rats foisted at us.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

Ok Alpha, Red, and other well educated liberals.
The world would have been a better place if Lincoln would have never been born and he was indeed a racist and a bad man.

Gee Sailor, is everything in your world so black or white only (pardon the *pun* it's not intended) Do you see no shades of gray?

History is written by the victors. And what you learn in public schools and many universities is quite often not the whole story. Sometimes you have to take initiative to learn things for yourself.

Oh and BTW, I am a Constitutionalist, not a Liberal

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Okay, let's set the record straight. None of the posters you mentioned have called Lincoln a racist. We were merely pointing out the true intentions of Mr. Lincoln. And I still stand by what I said in my first post. I mean just think about it for a second; if his intentions were to truly free slave wouldn't you agree that we would have also received the right to vote in presidential elections, equals rights, etc. right after the slave were "freed". Like I said, I was not around during his presidency, so I'm in no way trying to disrespect any good he may have done. I, along with other posters, am just stating the obvious.

BTW, I'm not a well educated liberal, conservative, etc.. I'm a well educated AMERICAN.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by AgentMoulder]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hope everyone reads this and remebers it well:

They are not promoting blacks because they love them. They just think blacks will serve them better than whites. "They" are the bankers, the owners of the world (so they think).

So, any war between black and white people will just serve - bankers. Nobody else.

Remember this, put it deep in your mind next time when you think that the problem is the other race.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Back to the subject at hand...

With the potential passage of the Amnesty Bill, where our taxes will pay the legal fees for illegals to become citizens and also give them all free tuition...

It may be a race war of Hispanic v non-Hispanic.

Remember, the Road to Atzlan is a REAL movement

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Speaking as an outsider, from a country you rightly evicted for being colonial b*st**ds, all I can say is 'it's a beautiful day.' (Bono Fox - U2).

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentMoulder

He may have wanted to do that, but it was not the time. He would have never been able to.

Anyway, I guess we should get back on topic. I don't think there will be a civil war, but I do think there would be some serious civil unrest if Obama was to killed.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by SailorinAZ]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

LOOK at the Brits.: turned their people into criminals with anti-gun legislation, As for any future strife, the people who know and defend the constitution as our forefathers intended it will be one side; and the other I suspect , will be the the majority that just voted that have little or no understanding of what it means. Apathy and non involvment are the greatest threat to OUR FREEDOM. LOOK AT THE BRITS.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
reply to post by Murky

Well said Murky I was about to go into the rant but you did it for me. Another thing why was this moved to skunk works? If this isnt a conspiracy thread then I dont know what is.

Well, when some conspiracies last a century and have many millions of members - as in the case of the packaging of the War Between the States as a crusade to free the slaves, instead of a factional dispute that turned bloody - then some people seem to lose a crucial sense of perspective on what really happened.

Now on subject. I was just thinking this same thing today when I listened to the media all day compare him to Lincoln. Its like why would they do this. He hasnt even been in office yet. Then he goes on telling us how we have to contribute and get ready for the hard times and lalalala. I think he knows we are going to hit very hard times and he seems to think he can prevent a war. I really do feel war is coming. The side I will go with is the side that gets rid of the FED. If Obama says its time to disband the FED then I will know who Obama is fighting against and I will join Obamas side. If Obama continues to defend the FED and the international banking cartel then I will know he is a puppet.

I don't see Obama touching the Fed. Look at his greatest campaign contributors - investment banks and New York law firms who specialize in lobbying for the investment banks. These people LOVE the Fed, because it's a factory for creating more money than there is capital in the economy - and much of that money gets woven into those famous "golden parachutes." There's no way that Barack Obama is going to impede his greatest supporters' march through the Federal Treasury, scooping billions of our dollars and inflating the dollar into international worthlessness.

What I do see is Barack Obama becoming the liberal Nixon. He lies like other people breathe, and he has a nasty, nasty temper when he's criticized or frustrated. A very bad combination for a President of the United States.

I see early impeachment as the only cure for this problem, but I hold no hope for that happening at all, no matter what crimes and misdemeanors BHO commits. A dismal four years for the United States.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I'm just happy to be over here is Australia, where the closest we get to a civil war is bogans/rednecks rioting in housing estates.

I don't like Obama. I like the way he speaks, and what he supposedly stands for, but when push comes to shove, I think he will be the same as the last President, and the one before... and the one before that.

However, the last thing I want to see is his assassination. I watched his victory of election speech live, fearing the worst would happen. It didn't.

I'll be up at 3am here tomorrow morning to watch his Inauguration. The biggest security event in US history, it seems, but searching people in crowds and blocking off streets still wouldn't stop a sniper-esque event like what happened with JFK.

If Obama does get killed (and I really really really hope nothing happens to the man) I'm pretty sure many black Americans and Obamarites would riot.

I agree with you that if Obama is assassinated then yes there will probably be a civil war. However with all the Nay sayers out there, there needs to be someone that at least comes to Obama's aid. (at least for a second) First I would like to say that I am a very good judge of lies. I can always tell if someone is lying (ask anyone i know call it a gift) I have watched for some time now as Politicians blatently lie to us. You can see it in thier eyes you can hear it in thier voice, you can see it in thier body language. With that said I have several points to make. First I dont beleive he was lying during his speech today. I know, I know you guys are just going to call me nieve and get all defensive because you think I'm is a fascist plan to overthrow the government and so is he... But what if he is not. He spoke from the heart which we all know you cannot fake. And so what if he Idolizes Lincoln!!! Think about his race, ok? Who is the black community's favorite president?? Here is my question. What if we got lucky? What if he is a good man? What if he is going to be a great leader? Most of all, what if your wrong? If he follows the speech then his ideals are not greedy which is uncharacteristic. He is not another C average president! (Best grades ever!) He was not in skull and bones in Harvard. Many will say he was, I know factually that he was not. I say for now let us hold off on him, until he gives us a real concrete reason to hate him. I am by the way very anti govt, but you cannot let your hatred cloud your judgment. Do not accept every hypothosis as fact!! Wait first until that hypothesis is fact! Thank you have a nice day. Dont forget to tip your waitress.

Almost forgot. Obama said the government was going to do business in the sun. Aka let the public access government spending and account for every penny. It would be hard to hide something with the budget moreso in the public eye and more available then ever before.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WETHEPEOPLE
reply to post by redled

LOOK at the Brits.: turned their people into criminals with anti-gun legislation, As for any future strife, the people who know and defend the constitution as our forefathers intended it will be one side; and the other I suspect , will be the the majority that just voted that have little or no understanding of what it means. Apathy and non involvment are the greatest threat to OUR FREEDOM. LOOK AT THE BRITS.

I don't think we are all criminals, but I do not want to argue with you today, I'm very happy. Can you imagine a Brit Black Leader, he'd have to bow to an American White man, but with you, he has to bow to no one, and that fills my heart with joy.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry,
the only thing I see is that Obama loves his history.
I am a fan of the revolutionary era myself so if I was POTUS, I would take the very rare opportunity to follow the same trail my forbearers did. Hell I might even caravan around the freedom trail a couple of times first before going.

And I think that by his respecting the what the forefathers have sown so much says a lot and he wants to stick by old standards.

And those forefathers really wanted to avert war. They wanted freedom for all, so did Abe. I think the last thing Obama wants is war.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Most of all, what if your wrong? If he follows the speech then his ideals are not greedy which is uncharacteristic. He is not another C average president! (Best grades ever!) He was not in skull and bones in Harvard. Many will say he was, I know factually that he was not.

Since Skull and Bones is at Yale, that, at least was easy for him.

I say for now let us hold off on him, until he gives us a real concrete reason to hate him. I am by the way very anti govt, but you cannot let your hatred cloud your judgment. Do not accept every hypothosis as fact!! Wait first until that hypothesis is fact! Thank you have a nice day. Dont forget to tip your waitress.

Almost forgot. Obama said the government was going to do business in the sun. Aka let the public access government spending and account for every penny. It would be hard to hide something with the budget moreso in the public eye and more available then ever before.

Since Obama is owned by Wall Street, I would be very pleasantly surprised if the main problem with our economy - the investment bankers skimming their cut off of every transaction, the raiding of corporate treasuries - legalized theft from their stockholders, and from every American who has insurance or other securities secured by these companies - is curtailed by Obama. Obama's ride to the White House was financed by these people, unfortunately, so I can't see him biting the hand that put him in the Oval Office.

And if he's assassinated, it won't be by psychotic extremists (well, they'll find their trigger man - their Lee Harvey Oswald - who'll have the proper psycho background), but by the people who put him in office if he fulfills his promise for real change. Wall Street put him where he is, and I can see them taking him out forcibly if he screws them over by doing something like putting American finance on an equitable, honest basis.

I really wish your guy turns out to be honest, but the fact is that he lied all the way through his campaign.

If the past is any indication, Obama will turn out to be much nearer Nixon than Lincoln, because of all the duplicity in his recent background.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Murky]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If this amnesty bill goes through, it won't be unlikely...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as if he hasn't done enough damage...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murky

Originally posted by DaMod
Most of all, what if your wrong? If he follows the speech then his ideals are not greedy which is uncharacteristic. He is not another C average president! (Best grades ever!) He was not in skull and bones in Harvard. Many will say he was, I know factually that he was not.

Since Skull and Bones is at Yale, that, at least was easy for him.

I say for now let us hold off on him, until he gives us a real concrete reason to hate him. I am by the way very anti govt, but you cannot let your hatred cloud your judgment. Do not accept every hypothosis as fact!! Wait first until that hypothesis is fact! Thank you have a nice day. Dont forget to tip your waitress.

Since Obama is owned by Wall Street, I would be very pleasantly surprised if the main problem with our economy - the investment bankers skimming their cut off of every transaction, the raiding of corporate treasuries - legalized theft from their stockholders, and from every American who has insurance or other securities secured by these companies - is curtailed by Obama. Obama's ride to the White House was financed by these people, unfortunately, so I can't see him biting the hand that put him in the Oval Office.

And if he's assassinated, it won't be by psychotic extremists (well, they'll find their trigger man - their Lee Harvey Oswald - who'll have the proper psycho background), but by the people who put him in office if he fulfills his promise for real change. Wall Street put him where he is, and I can see them taking him out forcibly if he screws them over by doing something like putting American finance on an equitable, honest basis.

I really wish your guy turns out to be honest, but the fact is that he lied all the way through his campaign.

If the past is any indication, Obama will turn out to be much nearer Nixon than Lincoln, because of all the duplicity in his recent background.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Murky]

Ok ok, I understand where you are coming from definatly but think about it another way. They funded him to get into office sure and he said what he had to, to get there. But does he really have to do thier bidding now that he is the most powerful man on earth? With thats said lets have a flash back shall we. He reminds me a lot of JFK actually. Was JFK truthfull about everything? Did he have the peoples best interest in mind? Which brings up the next question. Why did JFK get assasinated? Point made right there. I am not saying he is a good man or an evil one. All I am saying is give him a real chance to show his true colors. The election was not, but his presidency will be.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The battle to come....
I am just a common worker in this society, but the two SIDES are obvious, to me anyways.
1) the haves
2) the have not's

As time goes on and population grows, the # of workers vs. the # of bussiness owners/boss's is growing outragously(and is very biased), and will continue to grow. More workers than bussiness's/boss's are coming to the USA and/or being born.
And in time the HAVE NOTS will get tired of lower wages, and laws(set to protect) the bussiness owners, among the many other things.
and it is not to far from the breaking point now...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I will clarify, If you were a British law abiding citizen owning guns, then through legislation you were imediatately tuned into a criminal if you did not turn them in to be destroyed! The word is the Obamanation has some of the same aspirations. Hence loss of freedom..rebellion...Tea Party Type of thing. Our forefathers words, if read today, may be put on some terrorist watchlist

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WETHEPEOPLE
reply to post by redled

I will clarify, If you were a British law abiding citizen owning guns, then through legislation you were imediatately tuned into a criminal if you did not turn them in to be destroyed! The word is the Obamanation has some of the same aspirations. Hence loss of freedom..rebellion...Tea Party Type of thing. Our forefathers words, if read today, may be put on some terrorist watchlist

Lol @ You. If you beleive that Obama is out to enslave us then this one is really gonna bake your noodle.

Retroactive amnesty to telecoms. Anyone know what that is?

The measure expands the government's ability to install blanket wiretaps inside domestic communication infrastructure and frees the nation's phone and internet companies from lawsuits accusing them of massive violations of their customers' privacy. The Senate is expected to take up and pass the Bush-approved bill.

The bill is widely perceived as a victory for the White House, and was agreed to by Democrats out of a fear of being labeled soft on terrorism in the upcoming elections.

You know what Obamas response to this legislation was in his own words?

Given the grave threats that we face, our national security agencies must have the capability to gather intelligence and track down terrorists before they strike, while respecting the rule of law and the privacy and civil liberties of the American people. There is also little doubt that the Bush Administration, with the cooperation of major telecommunications companies, has abused that authority and undermined the Constitution by intercepting the communications of innocent Americans without their knowledge or the required court orders.

That is why last year I opposed the so-called Protect America Act, which expanded the surveillance powers of the government without sufficient independent oversight to protect the privacy and civil liberties of innocent Americans. I have also opposed the granting of retroactive immunity to those who were allegedly complicit in acts of illegal spying in the past.

After months of negotiation, the House today passed a compromise that, while far from perfect, is a marked improvement over last year's Protect America Act.

Under this compromise legislation, an important tool in the fight against terrorism will continue, but the President's illegal program of warrantless surveillance will be over. It restores FISA and existing criminal wiretap statutes as the exclusive means to conduct surveillance – making it clear that the President cannot circumvent the law and disregard the civil liberties of the American people. It also firmly re-establishes basic judicial oversight over all domestic surveillance in the future. It does, however, grant retroactive immunity, and I will work in the Senate to remove this provision so that we can seek full accountability for past offenses. But this compromise guarantees a thorough review by the Inspectors General of our national security agencies to determine what took place in the past, and ensures that there will be accountability going forward. By demanding oversight and accountability, a grassroots movement of Americans has helped yield a bill that is far better than the Protect America Act.

It is not all that I would want. But given the legitimate threats we face, providing effective intelligence collection tools with appropriate safeguards is too important to delay. So I support the compromise, but do so with a firm pledge that as President, I will carefully monitor the program, review the report by the Inspectors General, and work with the Congress to take any additional steps I deem necessary to protect the lives – and the liberty – of the American people.

That Does not sound like a slave driver to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's a wonder u don't die of embarassment for being so boneheaded.Geez!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join