It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have Another Civil War and/or A Racial War in American Under Obama?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Time will tell who Lol... last. Enslave no, legislate away our freedoms systematically ,Yes. I never said the previous admin. were a bunch of constitutionalist. Only making the point that if freedoms are taken away from Americans, that those feeling infringed upon, will either rebell, or go sheepishly into submission. Where will you be?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

ROGER THAT!

I reckon some folks don't understand the distinction between a "preamble", which is an introductory, lead in phrase, and may contain a sample justification (such as "a well-regulated militia"...), and an "operative clause", which contains the substance of a matter, the focus of a message (such as " the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed")

Using the logic that the second amendment only guarantees the right of a "well regulated militia" to be armed is precisely the same as saying that the phrase used in the second ("the right of the people"), applied the the first amendment, in which it also used, means only that the REPRESENTATIVES of "the people" have the right to free speech and free assembly, not "the people" themselves. Do you reckon they'll go along with that? I suppose we could go down the whole list and re-interpret exactly who qualifies as "the people".

Would that make the left wing happy?

nenothtu out

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
After the inaugural speech today I had an overwhelming feeling of doom! AND not because of his color!

I thought it was a great thing that this country put a black man in office, so the feeling I had - had nothing to do with that. I have the deepest feeling that we have not even begun to see how wrong everything is going to go!

Well, I believe in the end of days, this supports it!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Exactly. Some of these self-described "Patriots" will be quite surprised if a left - right civil war actually occurred. I think the professional military would be more or less evenly divided, while many National Guard units would go to the wacko right. But do not make the mistake of thinking that left-wingers are unschooled in military matters. Leon Trotsky managed to crush the White Russian Army, along with American, British and French expeditionary forces sent to the USSR in 1918. Not bad for a leftist!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Where the hell was this paranoid-schizophrenic fear of the police state for the last EIGHT DAMN YEARS while we had a president in office who was actively engaged in the dismantling of the constitution?

Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet and you are already declaring him a facist. What about the guy from 'your' team who has been eviscerating this nation's founding principles for the better part of the last decade?

Blaming our present situation on liberals, and then calling for their destruction, is the most mindless, unfounded, hateful instance of right-wing idiocy that I have witnessed since Sarah Palin fell out of the public eye.

And if it does come down to a civil war between the forces that ally themselves with the Obama administration and you backwoods types? We will crush you. The tides of change cannot, will not be dammed now. It's too late. We, the educated, we, the believers in the Constitution, have seen the ends to which your failed ideology leads. Eight years has been more than enough to elucidate the fact that you and your party are not driven by hope, not by love of country, but by hate for your fellow man and by lust for material profit. The fruit of Neoconservatism is still rotting on the vines of our once-great nation, and its stench will be driven out one way or the other-- peaceably, or by force.

The election is over. The future is coming. You can't stop us now.

Well, well, well. Who's generalizing now?

I'm a "conservative". I used to be a republican, before the "neoconservative" (who are neither new nor conservative) fascists took over the party. I ended my republican affiliation then, but I'm still a "conservative". I railed against the constitutional abuses of Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II, and I suppose I will continue the tradition with this "new and improved" administration. Don't paint all conservatives with the "neoconservative" brush. Bush was not from "my team".

Be that as it may, I think this civil war is inevitable, and I offer as proof your very words...

"Blaming our present situation on liberals, and then calling for their destruction, is the most mindless, unfounded, hateful instance of right-wing idiocy that I have witnessed..." Please replace the word "liberals" with "conservatives", and perhaps you'll get my drift.

"And if it does come down to a civil war between the forces that ally themselves with the Obama administration and you backwoods types? We will crush you."

"...will be driven out one way or the other-- peaceably, or by force. "

"The future is coming. You can't stop us now."

You've thrown down the gauntlet. Not US... YOU. Anyone who does that ought to be prepared to back it up. In the immortal words of... me... while listening to Obama's campaign promises... "Do you really think you can DO all that mess you're talking?"

So yeah, a civil war is inevitable. There appear to be forces at work that simply won't allow peace to be.

Us "backwoods types" stand at the ready.

nenothtu out

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont understand how this supports that he is going to bring about the "end of days". I mean he has consistantly denied legislation that limits constitutional rights. And as far as disarming us, it will never happen. He has already made it clear he understands seasonal hunting is a major part of our culture. That would include Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns. There is a pistol season after all. He made mention of supporting a bill that would inhibit the manufacture of (future) semi automatic weapons, however the bill also includes that it would not include firearms already in existance (aka the policy on those would stay the same), only the manufacture of new ones. So far thats been his only real push towards gun control. He as been far more focused on other issues. Mainly environmental and middle eastern. He has already stated publically (i saw it with my own eyes) that he will not take our guns away. However he does not see a need for an assault rifle for hunting. Firearms policy is mostly up to the states anyway in most respects.

For example, right now i could walk into a pawn shop an purchase an assault rifle converted to semi auto (My pet m4 i call it
). Wasnt there an assault rifle ban? Really no, because it is up to the states for the most part. And we like our guns in this state.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

Obviously you know little of business realities, first of all I own 2 business's that gross 1 million yearly; my biggest expense is PAYROLL I happen to match taxes from all of the employees INCLUDING MY OWN. Funny thing is the have nots all seem to not wed (marry), have children and get EVERY PENNY THEY PAY IN BACK AND THEN SOME!!!!! I make about twice what I pay my techs and after the dust settles my companies profit between 20-80 thousand ALL of which stays in the companies to ensure I can meet the payroll and taxes,bills and everyone who has a hand out. Even though I don't take the money out (BECAUSE I CANT) I have to pay taxes on it like I did take it out. I make monthly payments out of my own pocket every month to our lovely government whom I am so indebted to just to keep the business doors open. Everyone I know including my employees think i'm rich and believe I lie when I tell them I am taking home a paycheck just like them. My pay is more, I have a nicer car and a nicer house but I am 20 years older than most of them and I have built something for myself. No one ever gave me a damn thing I started my businesses out of necessity, I am not a have not ONLY because I killed myself to build something.

And you apparently havent been seeing how the government of the past few months have been shoveling money into the pockets of the banks and companies that have driven their businesses into the ground through greed and incompetance. How nearly half of the bailout money spent so fair is unaccounted for and much of it went straight into the open hands of the CEOs that were pleading that the taxpayers feed their greed.

As for you comment about me not knowing about business. First of all, the largest exspense for nealy all businesses is payroll. This point of yours is irrelevant. Nor was I talking about just handing people cash. I was talking about how CEOs can drive a company into the ground, get fired, and get a leaving bonus of 100+million while the people that work in these companies get thier hours cut and laid off becuase of poor profit margins. Its disgusting and screw you if you have a problem with what I say. I myself am getting ready to start my own business and know more than you may think.

OK, you make twice as much as your techs, that is actually what I am talking about. Its not like you take 60% of the profit for youself AFTER you take your paycheck and tell your employees that they will have to fight for what money you are willing to give up out of the 40% left over and those that lose will be laid off or have time cut. You save FOR your employees, that is also what I am talking about. Is it really neccessay for a CEO to make billions, eating up huge amounts of company profit while the workers struggle. Like I said, im am not ... NOT...for a handout but I do think the idea of "he is the boss, he should earn everything even if he does a horrible job" is quite a sick idea.

Maybe its just the compassionate human side of me that makes me think this way.

May I burn in hell.

[edit on 20/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I tend to believe the puppet Obama is in place for a specific reason. Likely it is to instigate racial wars as a means of trying to bring out the aggressive testosterone and even patriotic people to the surface. That will facilitate their being scouped out with rationals of necessary extermination leaving a remaining pacified population of managed size and inclination that will be easier to control. Puppet Obama is likely a catalyst for destructive change.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
reply to post by FearSoul

You grow up. It's true hill billies have burned black churches. I called them that name because I wanted to distinguish them from decent white people. It would have been racist if I would said all white people bomb black churches. I'm keeping it real and I have to be racist because of it. I'm sick of people blaming someone who hasn't even stepped into office yet for the downfall of a country that is already bankrupt.

I don't consider farmers to be hill billies. Maybe you do because you said it. A hill billy by my definition is an ignorant racist brainwashed ghetto white person. I love farmers and in no way shape or form am I trying to ,degrade them. Thanks to all the white farmers for growing my yummy food. I hope to learn to grow my own food and prepare for the revolution against the nwo in the process.

Evidently you entertain a few misconceptions.

"A hill billy by my definition is an ignorant racist brainwashed ghetto white person."

We don't have ghettos in the hills. We can't afford to build them. Some of us hillbillies aren't even white. Who'd have thunk it?

"I called them that name because I wanted to distinguish them from decent white people"

Meaning if I were a white hillbilly, I would not be a "decent" white person? And meaning, by extension, that hillbillies of any color are beyond decency?

"I love farmers and in no way shape or form am I trying to ,degrade them. Thanks to all the white farmers for growing my yummy food."

Does that mean I'm OK if I'm a hillbilly that happens to raise a garden? what If I were a white hillbilly, but raised a garden?

"It's true hill billies have burned black churches."

Never, in all the years I've lived here, did any hillbilly burn ANY color of church. Nor did we allow any imported outsiders to perpetrate any such outrage.

"It would have been racist if I would said all white people bomb black churches."

True, and I'm glad you didn't say any such thing. "racist" is a label that is far too overused, usually as a political smoke screen to obscure issues by folks that can't support their arguments by facts. I don't believe you are a "racist" in any form.

That said, I think the term "bigot" or "chauvenist" may apply, as it appears that you do seem told hold yourself in superiority above us poor, benighted hillbillies, and that is of course not at all racist. We are composed of many races, not just white folks, and we are a group that is separated from you decent folks in society, mostly by the opinions you hold. Racist, no, bigoted, yes. By the way, I feel a pressing need to inform folks that racial tensions in these hills are non-existent, especially when compared to the upheavals I've seen down in the flatlands.

And that would seem to be a crux of the dilemma that leads us toward a civil war, no?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The only way we will end up in civil war is if the people allow it through their foolish unthoughtfulness and simply because they want/need an excuse. The future is ours and in the end we bare all responsibility because we are the many; so, I dont think Obama can start a civil war because it would be up to us to fight it.. I want to see what Obama can do and try to be positive and thankful that Bush is Outathere..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I agree 100% a 1000 fold.. The American people are not capable of taking action..

Case in point : nine / 1 one ???

All the evidence is there and still no revolution...

Pentagon.. plane?? nope..

Other heroic movies made about non-existant flights to drill in their version of what someone wants you to think..

Bush.. family connect to " everything you have ever dug up and discussed " Saudis, Nazis, Alquedis blah blah..

Rockfellers, world Banks, Eugenics, IBMz, Microsoftz, Arnold the Terminatorz father SS officer or Nazi??

UFOz, Secret experiements, Anti-gravity, Tesla, Edison, Weapons, War, death destruction, genocides, famine, greed, oh my... I havent even scratched the surface of the information over load.. .. ..

forcing down our throats terrorist like.. ..

Osama... blah blah.. Hussien.. blah blah..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moonrat

Um NO; to defend your unarmed anti-gun neighbor when there is an invading force in the back yard. To form a militia in the event our own government takes away our liberties - to defend ourselves and our country from ANYONE who tries to remove our freedom and our RIGHT to bear arms! An unarmed population is a vulnerable population and can be taken down with litle or no effort. Read history and judge for yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I second that and well put!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not unless TSHTF and people take the opportunity to do something really stupid which usually is the case. Me, I'm going to hope the new administration can do a good job and pull things together again, things are very grim now but that's not to say that the system can't be fixed. We will all just have to pull together and try to do as much for ourselves as we can because it will be a long time before any federal agency is capable of helping us. I'm counting down the days until my state declares bankruptcy, I'm guessing March at the very latest.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Some of you people are bonafide pessimists. Seriously because a man qoutes Lincoln a LOT! Means he is going to ignite a civil war? You guys are REACHING for something that's not there.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Benediction at Obama 's inauguration, Rev. Joseph Lowery: 'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'

Who is the racist now

And what's this "mello yellow" remark all about

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Even when not connecting obama with Lincoln, do you not see a pattern in the news? Its not race vs race, its going to be intelligence vs sheep. You as i know our rights are coming to a close and its only a matter of time before we cant take it anymore. Our jobs suck, we have no money to support our kids, We are already starting to question the one side of our christian government and asking why is it not neutral like its supposed to be. I personally cant wait to get our rights back and fully welcome a revolution, its what our country needs for the better.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that many of you are going to get exactly what you want.
Afterwards you will be very unhappy that you got it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

What do you call the indian wars? I'd say that was a little racist at best and total genocide..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by ImaNutter

I agree 100% a 1000 fold.. The American people are not capable of taking action..

Case in point : nine / 1 one ???

All the evidence is there and still no revolution...

Pentagon.. plane?? nope..

Other heroic movies made about non-existant flights to drill in their version of what someone wants you to think..

Bush.. family connect to " everything you have ever dug up and discussed " Saudis, Nazis, Alquedis blah blah..

Rockfellers, world Banks, Eugenics, IBMz, Microsoftz, Arnold the Terminatorz father SS officer or Nazi??

UFOz, Secret experiements, Anti-gravity, Tesla, Edison, Weapons, War, death destruction, genocides, famine, greed, oh my... I havent even scratched the surface of the information over load.. .. ..

forcing down our throats terrorist like.. ..

Osama... blah blah.. Hussien.. blah blah..

I am the writer of this post.. I did do it anon because I couldnt remember my old password. Anyhow I know what I wrote. After posting it said that post would be reviewed..

Half the post is missing. Modz explain??? This post doesnt even make the point.

Before I continue to try and make my point.. I will wait and see if this post actually comes out in one piece..

Thanks..

f0ll0w3d1..

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join