It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Jewish sentiment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Just curious, not directly relating to the Isreal war on Gaza as of late, but how many people here think Jewish people are wrong or evil and why?

It is because of the web of lies from the Zionist media. I do not buy it. I think some have gotten caught in the trap of their leaders, however, there are those who are not and are speaking out.

I think the Zionist leaders are wrong and evil and just like we are sold out by our government, their citizens are sold out as well.

They are whoring out the name of Israel.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ah the goyim thing again.

You know the funny thing about that is I don't ever see Jewish people referring to anyone as goyim. In fact, the only time I see the word goyim thrown around is when someone is trying to show how arrogant the Jews are. Interesting.

You know what else is interesting? That people are permitted to intentionally translate the word incorrectly without any consequence. When I joined this site I noticed that posting false information is not allowed. Why then are people constantly allowed to post a false translation of a word in order to make their point?

As a student of languages it's my honor to share the correct definition with you. Goyim doesn't mean heathens, it doesn't mean gentiles, and it doesn't mean anything bad at all. So what does it mean? Nations. If you read the bible in more than one language, which I have done, you'll see it used in various different ways to refer to various different people, sometimes including the Jews themselves.

I'll spare you long books and quote for you the shortest Psalm, which is only 2 verses, I hope you can spare the moment to look.

Psalm 117 (King James Version)

Psalm 117
1O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.

2For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

David says "Praise the lord all ye nations" and what word does he use? "Goyim" "Nations".

Would David be saying Praise the lord all you stupid subhuman gentile idiots? Clearly not.

Stop spreading false information please. It's offensive to the eye.

I'll stop there so I don't get warned.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by nihilus]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihilus
Ah the goyim thing again.

You know the funny thing about that is I don't ever see Jewish people referring to anyone as goyim. In fact, the only time I see the word goyim thrown around is when someone is trying to show how arrogant the Jews are. Interesting.

Stop spreading false information please. It's offensive to the eye.

I'll stop there so I don't get warned.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by nihilus]

I can tell you're trying to twist my meaning to turn it against me now. So I respond:
Yes, there are a lot of mistranslated words in the Bible/Torah, including homosexual (of which there is no equivalent in Aramaic), nephilim, etc. Biblical translators used their own judgements (and prejudices) in finding words that suited a sentence, or that was similar in meaning. And it is in the meaning that matters. Even if Goyim does not truly mean that, the word it replaced surely did.
And even still, they consider themselves God's Chosen People, above all others. Surely you can't deny that? Maybe you personally believe in equality, but it is one of the main foundations of Judaism. Like to be a Christian you have to believe in the Flood and talking Snake and whatnot. It is not my intention to spread lies, from my research I have found the word's use. I also heard the IDF minister (I think his name is Olmert) use it on television...

And Razimus, you are exactly right about the Muslim use of the word infidel. I hate that too. i never said Jews used this frame more than another race though, I just brought it up because of your post title! Yes people do separate themselves in order to feel like they belong, its a human curse... too bad everyone can't put aside their differences and just get along without silly namecalling and not so silly genocides.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Dont have anything against people of the Jewish
faith, but i dispise the Israeli goverment and Zionest movement and the actions it has taken,
also in Islam jews and Christians are Children of the book not infadels

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

I will give you a direct answer to your question.

The reason why there is a percieved dislike of the Jewish people is simply because it is very difficult to distinguish between the Jewish race and the Jewish faith.

Let me explain.

Generally in this day and age, and particularly on a forum as this, there is a growing and strengthy distaste for religions of most sorts. Religion is seen has the harbinger of irrationality, of unfounded beliefs and a very malleable justification for almost any actions one could wish to take.

Each religion poses a set of problems and Judaism is no different, in fact Judaism poses a unique set of issues that imo make it a particularly incongruent faith with the modern world.

The fundamentals of the faith are very simple and require a bit of sociological investigation; 2-3 thousand years ago a particular community within the modern middle-east found itself at odds with many of the other tribes occupying the area. This tribe was chased about and eventually fled to Egypt where they recieved further persecution. Wherever they went it seemed that they were shunned and excluded, and doubtless began to feel as though they were somehow unique and different from the other peoples of Earth.

This eventually translated directly into a religious mythology which firmly established and entrenched their 'otherness' from all others in the form of a 'covenant' with God. This covenant basically confirmed, through the words of God himself, that the this particular race, or ethnicity of peoples were his chosen and favoured ones. This 'chosenness' forms the fundamental basis of Judaism, and is particularly unique amongst religions, because instead of there being a 'chosen' belief system, which is objectively correct and can be adopted by anyone, there is rather a chosen ethnicity to which it is less obvious how to convert.

To me, one of the greatest challenges facing humankind is those things which delude us into believing we are essentially divided. We will only know global peace once we realise how similar we are to one another, that every person on the planet is not worth any more or less than any other, that we a re a single global community that needs to work together so that we can work on living in harmony for the progression of us all.

The Jewish faith posits as a fundamental belief that not only are there a small group of 'chosen' people on the panet, but that there are a lot that are unchosen, or somehow out of favour with God. This is unnacceptable in my opininion and can do our global human community absolutely no good.

As I mentioned above however, the problem with the Jewish faith, which has lead far too many people astray toward hatred of the Jewish people is that it has been paired inextricably with an ethnicity.

What you may be calling 'anti-semitism' is precisely the dislike of the Jewish race, which is naturally deplorable, as is any hatred toward an ethnicity based merely on their ethnicity. But saying that one is anti-semite for disagreeing with the Jewish faith is like saying that one hates all blacks if one disagrees with Rastafari, or one hates all pasta because one disagrees with TFSM.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Interesting take Bodrul...

Interesting question to you:

Do you believe Israel has the right to exist?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just had to post this quote by Martin Luther King Jr. He was a great man, and it is his day today after all.

"When people criticize Zionists," Martin Luther King said in 1968, "they mean Jews. You are talking anti-Semitism."

that is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
reply to post by bodrul

Interesting take Bodrul...

Interesting question to you:

Do you believe Israel has the right to exist?

Yes it has every right
back in its boaders that was given to it by the UK/UN

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I posted this on a next subforum, watch it and have a laugh regarding "anti-semitism".

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How about these people , I bet they have had the hate of the jew boiling through their blood since the day of their inception :

18 jan 09

Early this morning, Jewish activists in a historic first in Los Angeles, chained themselves to the entrance of the Israeli Consulate and blocked the driveway to the parking structure, blocking all traffic in and out of the building. "We sent a clear message to the world that LA Jews are part of the global majority in opposition to the Israeli siege of Gaza," said Lenny Potash a 72-year old protester who was cuffed to eight other activists, blocking the driveway to the consulate. The activists were joined by 50 other supporters and who chanted "LA Jews say, End the Siege of Gaza" and "Not in Our Name! We will Not be Silent!" Protesters also held up signs reading "Israeli Consulate: Closed for War Crimes."

"We succeeded today in letting Jews and other Americans of conscience know that it is safe to speak out against the policies of the Israeli government and that the Israeli lobby does not speak for everyone," said Robin Ellis, a Registered Nurse who also risked arrest to block the consulate entrance. "We are committed to escalating non-violent activities in the future to end the siege and win justice for Palestinians," Ellis said.

The group of activists were an ad-hoc, multi-generational group of LA Jewish residents, including members of the recently founded International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network. They shared a commitment to ending the Israeli siege on Gaza and an end to Israeli apartheid. The demonstration will kick off a wave of demonstrations across the United States uniting Palestinians, Jewish people, and other Americans outraged by the siege.

"We are shocked and outraged at Israeli's latest act of violent aggression against the Palestinian people. Killing over 950 people, including 250 women and children, bombing schools and mosques and then calling it self-defense—that is the worst kind of hypocrisy. It also amounts to war crimes," said Hannah Howard, a local member of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network. "We shut down the Israeli consulate today because as Jewish people we cannot allow business as usual while violence is being done in our name."

Action participants also spoke out against the US government's unconditional support for Israel's siege and its ongoing war against the Palestinian people. "While US-funded F16's rain down bombs on the people of Gaza, our elected officials locally and nationally offer unqualified support." said Marsha Steinberg, a retired union representative. "Our government must stop sending billions of dollars in military and economic aid to the Israeli war machine," Goldberg said. In the coming week, concerned Americans from all backgrounds will call on the new Presidential administration to make a 180 degree change in policy.

"While the end of the siege on Gaza is our most immediate priority, this is only the latest chapter in Palestinians' 60 plus year experience of occupation and ethnic cleansing. Peace and justice in the region will only come when Palestinians have freedom and control their own destiny," said Lisa Adler, a community organizer in Los Angeles and another member of the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network. "Even before the siege began, Israel's inhumane months-long blockade of Gaza created a major humanitarian crisis. We must end the siege. And we are building a nonviolent international movement of boycott, divestment and sanctions that brings an end to Israel's policies of occupation and apartheid and advances the Palestinian struggle for justice," said Adler.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

They are protesting the Israeli government...this thread is about anti-Jewish sentiment. Two different groups but yet you found the need to label them as one in the same. And that exactly proves my next point.

A recent documentary found that people, In America, are just as racist as they were in the 1950s. I'm sorry but old habits never die. Instead of full on racism, in America it has evolved into closet racism. Yeah sure the Jews make people feel guilty, but then again six million of them died in the most inhuman way possible. I don't want to be constantly reminded but it happened and the best I can do is to say it will never happen again. When people say you are a Zionist what do they really mean? I find most people don't even know the correct definition of the term and they will just spew some world domination propaganda. And then when you question what is really going in that little city called Gaza, what happens next? They instantly say, "well it may not be the Genocide/Concentration Camp/Massacre like I mindlessly repeated but COMMON THEY ARE STILL PEOPLE." What a joke. You want to support a real loss of life go to free Tibet or Darfur rally.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My fathers family lost their home in Palestine in 1948. I don't hate jews. I just hate the ones who say they're Israeli unless they were there before the occupation.

I guess I don't like that they can make a proud claim to being of a certain race when it has been at the expense of others.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
How about these people , I bet they have had the hate of the jew boiling through their blood since the day of their inception :

Okay.. my heart is with my fellow Jewish people, but is it just me or does anyone else laugh when they see these kind of err.. artistic
expressions?

hahaha I have more respect for the little palestinian chick that stood in front of the guns.. but this kind of crap just seems silly and is more of a mockery than anything else, no?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Jewish people are not evil. Their government is.

Exactly. But the problem is if you criticise Israeli Government policy, people immediately try to divert attention away from your point by bringing race into it themselves, and calling you an "anti-semite".

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You gotta wonder why from early history the Jews were kicked from Pillar to post, either they are everything you hear and read about ( Manipulative, enclaved power, nepacratic, anti-gentile, enclave of wealth and disruptor's of Nations and meddlers of internal affairs of free and legal nations ) or there is a conspiracy to paint a peace loving, wealth sharing, fair, just and honest race of people as bad.

I ask anyone free thinking person here to answer this...when you hear the world "Jew" what is the immediate thought that enters into your mind ?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

The Laws Against Non-Jews

Murder and Genocide

ACCORDING TO THE JEWISH religion, the murder of a Jew is a capital offense and one of the three most heinous sins. Jewish religious courts and secular authorities are commanded to punish, even beyond the limits of the ordinary administration of justice, anyone guilty of murdering a Jew. A Jew who indirectly causes the death of another Jew is, however, only guilty of what talmudic law calls a sin against the 'laws of Heaven', to be punished by God rather than by man. When the victim is a Gentile, the position is quite different. A Jew who murders a Gentile is guilty only of a sin against the laws of Heaven, not punishable by a court.1 To cause indirectly the death of a Gentile is no sin at all.2

Thus, one of the two most important commentators on the Shulhan Arukh explains that when it comes to a Gentile, 'one must not lift one's hand to harm him, but one may harm him indirectly, for instance by removing a ladder after he had fallen into a crevice .., there is no prohibition here, because it was not done directly:3

A Gentile murderer who happens to be under Jewish jurisdiction must be executed whether the victim was Jewish or not. However, if the victim was Gentile and the murderer converts to Judaism, he is not punished.5

When our forces come across civilians during a war or in hot pursuit or in a raid, so long as there is no certainty that those civilians are incapable of harming our forces, then according to the Halakhah they may and even should be killed ... Under no circumstances should an Arab be trusted, even if he makes an impression of being civilized ... In war, when our forces storm the enemy, they are allowed and even enjoined by the Halakhah to kill even good civilians, that is, civilians who are ostensibly good.7

Sexual Offenses

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE between a married Jewish woman and any man other than her husband is a capital offense for both parties, and one of the three most heinous sins. The status of Gentile women is very different. The Halakhah presumes all Gentiles to be utterly promiscuous and the verse 'whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue [of semen] is like the issue of horses'40 is applied to them. Whether a Gentile woman is married or not makes no difference, since as far as Jews are concerned the very concept of matrimony does not apply to Gentiles. Therefore, the concept of adultery also does not apply to intercourse between a Jewish man and a Gentile woman; rather, the Talmud41 equates such intercourse to the sin of bestiality.

This does not imply that sexual intercourse between a Jewish man and a Gentile woman is permitted - quite the contrary. But the main punishment is inflicted on the Gentile woman; she must be executed, even if she was raped by the Jew: 'If a Jew has coitus with a Gentile woman, whether she be a child of three or an adult, whether married or unmarried, and even if he is a minor aged only nine years and one day - because he had willful coitus with her, she must be killed, as is the case with a beast, because through her a Jew got into trouble'45 The Jew, however, must be flogged, and if he is a Kohen (member of the priestly tribe) he must receive double the number of lashes, because he has committed a double offense: a Kohen must not have intercourse with a prostitute, and all Gentile women are presumed to be prostitutes.

there are literally thousands of nasty jewish committed atrocities throughout history. the whole antisemitism, poor oppressed jew thing is a tactic created by zionism. hate invokes hate back and they are definitely the common denominator. they openly express hatred towards all nations. believing yourselves superior to the point you seek methods to torture, rob, rape and kill non jews? terrorize everyone forever? to shout antisemitism is rather delusional, no? weird!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The biggest tree catches the strongest wind. How far has this big tree fallen but with a purpose... The Bible clearly state God chose ancient Israel to bless the world with... If you want to stop the truth you stop the source and the source of Christianity started with a plan of God to have Jesus born from "His people". Yes the "Jews".

Doesn't it seem ironic that the bloodline that brought salvation to a dying world being procecuted? To tell you the truth it is expected... If the Jews are wiped out the ramification would be christianity would be a lie... How do I get this? Because they believe in the same God. And God promise that there will be remnants left in the end times. So if you can wipe out the Jews you basicly prove God lied. Thus proving the God of the Christian does not exists.

The forces of darkness will always try to destroy the light. The same is happening on earth. Jesus is the light. Thus there will always be people opposing the nation of Israel but they will be sorry when God stands up in judgement. No matter what nation they are from. Time is short and people that don't know the truth will be swept away with the crowd that is anti-Jew.

So many times in history it has been proven that the majority had been wrong. Look for the truth live the truth and your eyes will open and you will see the truth. People tend to forget that in the Bible did God say the nation of Israel and Jerusalem belongs to Him and Him alone. So who are we to judge?

I heard a saying from a very wise person once and it helds so much truth,"If the nation of Israel lays down their weapons they will be wiped of the earth, if the muslims lay down their weapons there will be peace." I believe that Israel is trying to protect itself, if the way they are doing it is wrong then only the future will reveal it but one thing is sure what ever they do God will be the Judge and He will not stand by allowing others to mettle with His plan.

Just my view.

God Bless

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I ask anyone free thinking person here to answer this...when you hear the world "Jew" what is the immediate thought that enters into your mind ?

I usually associate the term "jew" with greed. Like when you want to tease someone about being tight with money or stingey... you say "you're a jew" or "don't be a jew".

I don't have family in Palestine anymore because they were forced out many years ago so although i get upset when bad things happen my emotional link to it, isn't as strong as that for Lebanon.

When the war was happening in Lebanon some of the bombs got close to some of my family. I had been there two years earlier. I knew that i wouldn't lose any family because Israel don't usually hit Christian areas. But the force of one of the bombs which hit outside of the building in which i had stayed threw my aunty across the room and into a wall. Had they not sent my cousin away to stay with different relatives he would have died that night. All the contents of his bed room ended up on his bed including his computer, shattered glass and his wardrobe.

For a while after that, if someone said they were Israeli i would shake like a leaf and run away crying and litterally felt like being sick. It was like i was looking into the eyes of the devil and what i saw was worse than pure evil.

Did you know that along with other weapons, over 1 million cluster bomblets got fired into lebanon in the 2006 conflict which only went for less than 2 months. That is as barbaric as it is insane especially considering that Hizballah only fired about 4,000 rockets.

It makes me angry. Especially because generation after generation most of them go to Israel and join the army when they're 18, knowing that their job is to kill and hurt people with an excessive and inhumane amount of force.

I have to say, with what just happened to the Palestinians my dislike has turned to into a disgusting hate which i never thought i had in me.

I wouldn't call it anti-jewish sentiment, it's anti-israel sentiment. I honestly don't think Israel has a right to exist and i don't think anyone has the right to call themself Israeli either. I can't really say my background is palestinian because palestine doesn't exist anymore and they are no better than me or my family so they shouldn't exist either.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Jewish people are not evil. Their government is.

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

Burns i think you nailed it. However, you need to remember that these people are either walking in stride with their government or at the very least allowing themselves to be duped by it. Very much like Americans i suppose; i'm sure you can figure out where i'm going with this.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Muslim religion is closer to that of the Jews than Christianity is. As for the whole God thing, I thought God created us all equal, and in his image.

If God wants Jews to be the supreme chosen people then i'd like to see God speak the words for all to hear because i'm sick of people saying it. If it were true, God would kill everyone who isn't jew. And everyone who is Jew would be immortal, but they're not, they're not immortal for a reason. Because God doesn't want them living forever and God wants them to die just like everyone else.

I will not follow nor bow down to the words of any man. God is supposed to represent all that is fair and just. Fair and Just is when everyone is equal and is treated as equal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join