It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me in my ATS gear at a Masonic Hall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

After about 5 minutes an elderly gentleman came out of the hall and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was exercising my civil rights - sitting in the sun, reading a book. He told me to leave or he would call the cops. I told him that we were being filmed (I was bluffing). He quickly went back inside, so I took off. I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but 2 minutes down the road I saw a cop car coming up the road toward me (and the Masonic Hall). I didn't hang around to find out lol. So how about a permanent thread where ATS Members can post their pics in ATS gear at some interesting or dangerous location?

I'm completely lightened up. As I've stated before, I think this is hilarious...but not for the reasons the OP thinks it is
However, it does make ATS look bad. Thats my opinion.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

not true. Freemasonry and its teachings IMO are subjective in nature.

Everyone joins Masonry for different reasons. for example me. i joined a month after my 18th birthday for the reason of searching for light and esoteric teachings and etc.. etc.. Some men join for brotherhood, some join because their grandfather was a Mason (i think that's sad reason to join IMO), and so forth.Of course i love the brotherly love part of it and enjoy all the brothers at my lodge, but i'm in Masonry for a more esoteric/enlightenment/spiritual reason.

Others in lodge are their for their reasons. that's what i like about masonry...you make it what you want it to be. it can be perceived however you want. that's why i say its good to read masonic books written by masons because you can get their perception of masonry and its teachings, but yet you can read another masons book and it will be different. they are both right. That's the way they see masonry and that's fine.

We are not a religion where you are forced to believe a certain set of rules and beliefs. you take the symbolic allegories, teachings and degrees and deal with them as you want.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Since the subject of loitering came up I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I had a problem a couple years ago with an older man (30 something) trying to have a relationship with my 16y.o. daughter. I was told by the police he could park his truck in front of my house and sit in it and it was legal, nothing I could do, and was then told how much trouble I would be in if I tried to make him leave(by force). Would that not be considered loitering? And the police also knew he was a scumbag, also a felon, and I was a law abiding citizen.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I never liked many masons, I did meet a few in the military I like but initially they are very tough on other people.

I also don't like the fact that they are so secretive about being a mason.

I would say atleast 10~20% of all military personnel are masons if not more and I don't doubt they are in the police as well.

Alot of cops have their own fraternity though.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

i don't see where you are coming from. What was your personal experience with different masons on how they were mean to you. Everything you have said seems false to me. All the masons i ever know, their goal is to help the community and anyone that make contact with. i want to know why you think that about masons and if it was a couple of masons that you met that where mean then why would you use them as a representative for all of the masons around the world. That's not fair dontcha think?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
However, it does make ATS look bad. Thats my opinion.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

Well, you don't like ATS anyway do you?

It should then make you happy to make us look bad, if in fact it did, which I don't believe.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Unfortunately most lodges are populated by elderly members now, due to the decline of new members. He probably just didn't want the building defaced and had the elderly cranky attitude to your placement.
My father and Mother and all of there friends were Masons or Eastern Star
I myself did not join do to the amount of memorization work it takes to make it up the ladder. I have been around it since I was born, the people the places and i can tell you there is not many places that i would consider being a member , but If I had the time I would join the lodge.

If you think there is something strange going on .. why not join and see for yourself .. you can always quit. ( my brother has many times) lol

Any questions ... ask

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

No, people like you ruin it everyday with your trolling. Now, please stick on topic instead of trying to troll me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RichH

It doesn't take up that much time of your life, you go at your own pace. there is only memory work for 3 degree's (Blue Lodge) and whenever you get the memorization down you can go to lodge recite it and then go on to your next degree. if you have no pleasure in joining the line, then you only have to do the first two degree proficiency (well at least at my lodge) and don't have to do the 3rd degree proficiency.

I'm a college student, with a full-time job and two part-time jobs and still am able to do it. Lodges usually meet once a month for their stated meeting unless they have a degree in which they would meet twice or three times a month maybe.

Masonry is life situated friendly in that masonry can work around your life to your time schedule and so forth. don't let that be you're only discretion to joining a lodge.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You've got an ATS t-shirt? How'd you get that? Am I missing something? Guess so! Where's the ATS gear store? I collect pins. Is there an ATS pin?

Man .. I'm getting old and have lost my bearings!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't know if this is the full store... but the book and a poster can be found in it here.

www.theconnextion.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good afternoon all . Having been a mason for the better of thirty years , I must say that I have found this thread most humerous indeed . I also loved the pictures of the archetecture. I belong to a number of brotherhoods or fraternaties if you will , including the i.b.e.w. and the grand lodge of phila. I do not understand however why the gentleman was run off from the lodge. Honestly the last time i was spotted taking pics. of the bldg. i was invited in to get a better look at things worth taking pictures of ! no , i was not wearing a ring or anything that would give me away. I was not even charged the $9.00 for a tour.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Common myth. There aren't that many masons as police at all. Please cite evidence before making outlandish claims.

Sure even though I'm not the one to make the claim how is this for evidence?

Fraternal order of police logo

Toronto police hq

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

That's has to do nothing with freemasonry.

Just because it has an all-seeing eye which to them represents the eye of vigilance looking for danger etc.. and the handshake denotes friendship. Just because they have an eye and handshake symbol doesn't mean anything with freemasonry...lurk moar.

we do NOT have ownership over symbols, the all-seeing eye and other symbols are not just used by us and did not originate from us.

FOP Website

this website talks about the F.O.P and what they are about. look for anything about "Freemaasonry" in there

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We have a morning radio program here in Anchorage that has a gallery of photo's of T-Shirts they sell at locations around the world. When fans take vacations they drape them over landmarks and such and send in the photos.

Sounds like a fun idea to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by prd1
Good afternoon all . Having been a mason for the better of thirty years , I must say that I have found this thread most humerous indeed .

How refreshing.

It is genuine and realistic to have a mason post something of value rather than reading the uptight, angry and defensive mannerism so often displayed by members of the brotherhood on the site.

There are several or more older members here who are also friendly and social and willing to answer questions when asked.

So OP, your opinion of the ATS book..............Is it GOOD???

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The ATS fellow has a right to be where he is as long as he is on the public sidewalk. It is only 'loitering' or 'trespassing' if he is within the grounds of private property. He has a right to express his views or demonstrate his right to protest what he believes to be a conspiracy if he so chooses as long as he doesn't do so on private grounds.

On the other hand, most Masons I know or know of are good standing citizens and it is a requirement for them to believe in a God without a required preference to a particular religion. Masonic lodges do provide alot of charity and assistance to local communities and provide a good service to the communities of which they reside.

It's more of a social fraternity among men in most situations than a conspiracy of sorts. People blow the mason conspiracy way out of proportion to reality since most members are not even aware of who is ultimately in charge. This ultimate authority is rarely if ever exercised. Rather, it's a way of the banksters to attempt to control their subjective countries around the world by establishing societies the world over to monitor their 'financial' control over the Central banks and monetary policies. Rothschild, Rockefeller, the Queen of England, Illuminati and the Vatican are the at the top of that pyramid. The Queen must bow to Rothschild upon entering his sovereign city state 'The City of London' of which is a sovereign city state within Greater London and answerable to no one.

If there is a conspiracy, it resides within the privately owned and operated 'City of London' itself which is run by the 'House of Rothschild'. Rothschild runs the Bank of England, it's Central Bank hence the reason the Queen must bow to him upon entering his domain. When one controls the monetary system, they control the nation.

Rothschild quotes

History of the House of Rothschild International bankster cartel

House of Rothschild

The illuminati control the American Masonic society though only a 32nd or 33rd degree Mason may be privy to this though there are always 'exceptions'. I had a relative in the past of whom was a 33rd degree Mason and even he was not aware of the supreme role of the Order of the Garter and Rothschilds influence over it until much later in life. Every other order is subjugate to this order though surprisingly 99.999% of Masons are unaware of this.

Freemasonry

Order of the Garter

I don't believe in joining silly secret societies though most humans have the desire to be a 'part' of something they see greater than themselves. The problem resides in the fact that the oaths they take subjugates their very sovereignty as an 'individual'.

Lest we Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason

That's has to do nothing with freemasonry.

Just because it has an all-seeing eye which to them represents the eye of vigilance looking for danger etc.. and the handshake denotes friendship. Just because they have an eye and handshake symbol doesn't mean anything with freemasonry...lurk moar.

we do NOT have ownership over symbols, the all-seeing eye and other symbols are not just used by us and did not originate from us.

FOP Website

this website talks about the F.O.P and what they are about. look for anything about "Freemaasonry" in there

OK fair enough then forget about the FOP, but what about all these patches???

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

are those the actual patches that all the officers have to wear Mason or not???

OR....

are those custom patches that a mason who is a police officer can wear if he wants to?

To me those look like patches that a police officer who is a mason can wear if he wants to.

i don't see any reason why a police dpt. would issue a masonic patch to all of their officers??

that looks like the regular patch that police officer would wear in the state of New York

[edit on 16-1-2009 by bushidomason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
This particular lodge was formed in 1894 - quite an ominous building don't you think?

It's a beautiful building.

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
After about 5 minutes an elderly gentleman came out of the hall and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was exercising my civil rights - sitting in the sun, reading a book.

He told me to leave or he would call the cops. I told him that we were being filmed (I was bluffing). He quickly went back inside, so I took off.

Wussy. If you weren't doing anything wrong then you had no reason to fear any consequences. Or was it that you knew you were doing something wrong? Hmmmm...

If dozens of members/individuals start doing this, couldn't this be construed as harassment?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join