It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me in my ATS gear at a Masonic Hall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
OK fair enough then forget about the FOP, but what about all these patches???

You attempted to claim that there were lots of masons who were police officers, and your "proof" is this often copy and pasted image. This does not all prove that - it proves that there are masons who are police officers some where, and someone wants to make money by selling patches. This doesn't give a indication of the number of masons who are police officers at all. I have little interaction with the justice system, but of all the police officers I've seen I only know a handful that are masons.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
bushidomason

Those might be patches that officers can wear if they like, but the fact that they make special masonic patches would lead me to believe that there are a large number of police that are also masons. Do they make special patches for any other organizations or fraternity's?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

sure if you want to you can search online for custom patches and make your own design of a patch and any patch you want?i have only meet 2 masons that WERE police officers.

i don't understand what your trying to get at here?

I'm confused......

whats the purpose of showing me custom-made patches again?

Custom Officer Patches Website

Another Custom Officer Patch website

You can get your own patch made anywhere that person just happens to offer patches for masons? so what?? i don't see what your getting at here

[edit on 16-1-2009 by bushidomason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think I'll park myself in front of the local Council on American Islamic Relations (C.A.I.R.) and read a Bible, dressed in a tactical black outfit, and I will wait for the man.
I don't know what that will prove except that I have no respect for others beliefs.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In regards to patches & such , look up the carpenters local union take a look at their patch symbol. I regret that i do not have one to show. any front page of a carpenters local web site should have one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
lol good job! you could be a star, all you need to do is take more photos of you in more high profile places.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I personally think that Masons are just a bunch of guys using a lodge to get away from their Wives and hang out. They let there Wives in on occasion to cover their real intent but its an all Male club. I don't see any harm.

When you guys swarm every thread posted though, you cause your own conspiracy. Perhaps you enjoy the attention?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Why pick on the masons?

Personally, I've never seen them do anything but good in my community.

The lodge is nondescript, and not 'imposing'. The members blend into society, as you'd expect them to considering they are normal people, and donate a lot of money and time to this community.

In my opinion, you are only giving a bad name to ATS by doing 'stunts' like this.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I personally think that Masons are just a bunch of guys using a lodge to get away from their Wives and hang out. They let there Wives in on occasion to cover their real intent but its an all Male club. I don't see any harm.

When you guys swarm every thread posted though, you cause your own conspiracy. Perhaps you enjoy the attention?

Sigh.

Around half or less of the "positive" replies here are from masons.

What drives me around the bend is that no matter how many masons reply or don't reply, its a conspiracy. If no one replies people claim its because they are on to something and its a conspiracy. If a few reply that means there must be a conspiracy.

What exactly do you want people to do? What exactly would be a sign that there is no conspiracy? I personally would be happy if we could talk about real secret societies, because calling me a satan worshiper and child rapist isn't the kind of attention I like. Unfortunately 95% of the topics here rehash the same old anti-mason talking points.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

what about deny ignorance?

To me and some of the other brethren we want to shed a light on masonry and be open as much as we can about our fraternity. we have nothing to hide. we want this mis-conception of us to be debated. Why can we not defend our position and views?

being of a generation of masons that are able to use the internet now days we are coming online more and more to discuss masonry and show what we really are about and try to show that the ideas of us being evil-mongers hellbent on ruling the world yada yada yadda... isn't true.

I'm defending my views of the fraternity from false conceptions and claims...that is all

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I defend Masons because I see the good they do, I know a few, we have a top notch Shriner hospital here in Tampa. The kicker is they do it on their own with, read this carefully, NO GOVERNMENT MONEY.
My kinda people.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Sigh.

Actually if you were to read what I said you would realize I Do Not think the Masons are a conspiracy.

We have all seen threads were a group of Masons piled up on someone. That observation is separate from the conspiracy idea. Just stating the obvious. Overreaction gives the impression of guilt
You hurt your own cause.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, The fella is just having a bit of a laugh and all this crying about it?
No one was killed or injured in the making of these pics id reckon so relax and get a damn sense of humour

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Perhaps you should read what you write:

I never claimed you said there was a conspiracy, I asked you to explain your assertions. I also would yet again point out that quite a few people respond who are not masons. Just because someone's response is positive or doesn't express a hatred for freemasonry does not mean they are a mason.

And again, you failed to answer the question - exactly when is responding not suspicious? Whenever no mason answers a thread someone always claims its because they are on to something. Others claim whenever we answer a thread it means were guilty. You have brought out the later claim.

There is no "cause" to hurt - masons are just here telling the truth. If there is someone trying to second guess and judge truth by how many people do or don't reply then they are not interested in the truth.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

No problem with me as you can see from my post. I have no animosity towards Masons. I know a couple who are pretty bad people but I'm intelligent enough not to ascribe their behavior to all Masons. I wonder sometimes why they are not thrown out, but that is none of my business.

If you honestly go through the threads about Masons you will see I am not exaggerating. How could you not be causing your problems when someone posts and within minutes a group of you start posting. You need to walk a foot or three in the other peoples shoes.

On topic to the OP -

You were on a public sidewalk and whoever spoke to you was full of it. If a Cop came they would simply ask you what you were doing and maybe tell you to move to where you were not blocking the gate.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would like some opionions from anyone reading this thread please. Most of us have a group of friends , some closer than others but still considered "friends". Ever notice that there is always one of them that is usually a little faster to reach into his pocket when you stop for a cold one after work , or after dinner at your favorite eatery, or maybe he throws a handfull of $0.50 pieces at the little ones from time to time ? This guy always seems to be the one to get just enough tickets to the ball park when you are wondering what to do that weekend . This guy manages to give you a phone call just at the time when you get your butt in a real sling and you haven't seen him in a while. Now , say you and the bride go to a party or a wedding or some to-do , he shows up wearing a masonic ring.....you gonna treat him like he is your best friend like you always do ? or are ya gonna run like yer bloomers are on fire ? come on now , every one of us has a friend like this . ..............I'm one of those guys , I can't tell you some of the reactions I get . Honestly ...what would YOU do ?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Your right. I should have used "a thread" instead of "every thread".

You guys are so touchy I think I'll just leave you to your off topic conversation and apologize for going off topic myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Swarm? as opposed to what?

We feel strongly emotionally about our fraternity. its like if someone said to someone of your family that they are a child rapist devil worshiping evil doer..

it's an insult when someone makes false claims that are outrageous, and hurtful.

i will not sit and watch as someone slanders and makes untrue pretenses? i will defend and rebut those claims. if you really want to know why we do what we do and how we feel so strongly for freemasonry...JOIN, you will see why.

we are here to spread the truth of masonry and try to make sense of these claims we are not swarming as you say, but rather we are making our voice herd and showing that their claim is false and that the ACTUAL masons that come on ATS know a little more then the person making the false claim. it's not a bad thing to point out someones mistakes.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

That rocks so hard man... \,,/(^_^)\,,/

The book is bigger then I thought it would be too, still need to get myself a copy.

Seriously Masons, I'm sure most of us here know all of you aren't fetus eating , ritual sex abusing, devil worshipers(so the stories go). It's just like anything, it's always a few who get too crazy with a concept and mess up everyone's rep.

Some of the reactions here are pretty asinine, arrested this, harassed that, whatever. Is Watch really going to bring down the Masons with his "evil" book? I think there's many others out there who are fighting very personal fights in relation to the Masons. WatchNLearn was just hanging out reading a book on the sidewalk...OMG! ARREST HIM IMMEDIATELY!!! he must be learning something -gasp- not in America damn it!

I swear everyone is way too damn high strung...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by prd1

i'd ask you how heavy your 'good guy badge' is.

I get what you're saying, and at the same time, maybe you should hear what you're saying. to saying masons are some evil underground, but its about what you're trying to put forward.

feel free to google "Good Guy Badge" (with quotes), the first entry probably explains it best.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join